Quotes & Misquotes: Falling Off of Bridges

Comments

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Previously on God Taunting 101: Ivoln yeeted Sheik Niven in El'jazira before he was taken captive by Bloodloch and everyone around wanted Ivoln to yeet Rhyot into the volcano, of which I laughed and played along with. Later, Ivoln created an abomination of a pet that Rhyot proceeded to poke after being -explicitly- told that it doesn't like being touched and Rhyot (in all his amazing Chaos Lord powers) dodged the instakill from said godpet.

Move forward onto today:

Ivoln says, "Mm. I shall stick to destruction. Do not think that I've forgotten about your.. eventual trip into the volcano."

(Tells): You tell Ivoln, "Are you sure you'll be able to? I did dodge Dodger after all, perhaps I'll find some way to dodge that trip too."

(Tells): The Divine voice of Ivoln echoes in your head, "Oh Rhyot, you aren't so lucky as to avoid certain death twice in a row."

(Tells): You tell Ivoln, "Perhaps... perhaps not. I was just as impressed that I avoided your pet, maybe such keen reflexes would assist me once more."

Imma get that yeet. And everyone is waiting for it too.

HavenArchelausDrystinGavramel
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Bulrok said:
    Strength : 21(+6) ??????
    At least he put in a valiant effort to up his stats to manage lifting it!

Bulrok
  • You use Fishing Reel.
    You use Fishing Catch.
    Added a great white shark to your bucket!
    At 84000 kg, this falls below your heaviest catch of a great white shark at this hole by 149 kg, 90 g.
    Experience Gained: 2276 (Quest) [total: 1019130]

Hrmm...

DidiRebraEorosSessizlikTetchtaTeotl
  • Almol says, "What in the [expletive]."

You ask, "Yes?"

Almol asks, "Hammer works?"

You say, "Yes."

1 . Like a slug, Almol has been pulverized to a pulp by Rijetta.

RijettaEorosGavramelTetchtaMjollBulrokTeani
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Irys watches Aramaeus with measured eyes for a long time after the choker slips away, then glides smoothly to her feet. Striding over to the lounge, she leans down and seizes his lips in her own, kissing him hard for several long moments before pulling away. With a faint glitter in her eye, she steps back. "Aye. Sometimes you need to be more subtle to gain success." With a whispered conjuration, she fades away.

You use Deathlore Reave (end) on Aramaeus.
    As a bardiche connects with Aramaeus, the thick blue sheen coating the weapon erupts in a blinding burst of light that momentarily blots out all vision. It is restored only to see the weapon pass directly through him, and although it leaves no physical trace, the effect on Aramaeus is staggering. His body instantaneously crumples to the ground, a hollow shell of what once was, an intangible white mass with undefined edges gently pulsing on the end of your weapon. Separated from its body, the soul stays intact only a moment longer before it begins to bubble and seethe like white-hot lava, then abruptly bursting and blinking out of existence.
    You have slain Aramaeus.
    Experience Gained: 91575 (Player Kill) [total: 31384450]

Sequa the procurator inclines her head politely to you.

Sequa the procurator says, "Lovely to see you again, Tetchta. As always, I'm happy to help you however I can while you're here."

(Web): Alela says, "Oh, I gotta AFK for idlebeard again... why's Tet killing Aramaeus."

(Web): Almol says, "Booli."

(Web): You say, "RP."

(Web): Bulrok says, "Ur rp'd him real fking gud."

• TiurTiur Producer
    Bulrok said:

(Web): Savas says, "Is it the fact that you're obligated to yell unicorns yeah at your monitor every
    time you score a successful vivi?"

Fun fact: I can 100% confirm as a primary source that this is an obligation stemming from Achaea's earliest days.
    BulrokIesidAloli
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    (Tells): The Divine voice of Someone powerful echoes in your head, "...what the shit."
    (Tells): The Divine voice of Someone powerful echoes in your head, "AHEM."
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    MoxieHavenDidiAxiusSryaen
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    After months of @Damonicus sending me "in pack" mistells, I mess up my crafting alias and type DA instead of DAP.

You tell Damonicus, "A simple bandana of old green cloth."
    You tell Damonicus, "Wow. That is poetic."
    In a deep, gravelly voice, Damonicus imparts to you, "You know, I think we should do this forever."
    You tell Damonicus, "We really do feel soulbound by this point. Why do you have to be undead."
    BraxTeaniAramaeusAloli
  • The ground shakes as a skittering centipede, a hungry crocodile hatchling, a thick-furred albino
    tiger, a hulking, armoured boar, and a doe-eyed reindeer come stampeding through the area, crashing
    through anything barring their way.
    Mileta uses Vocalizing Wailing (end).
    Mileta's wailing roars die down in her throat.
    Mileta uses Vocalizing Screeching (end).
    Mileta's vacuous roars die down in her throat.
    Mileta uses Vocalizing Enfeebling (end).
    Mileta's amplifying roars die down in her throat.
    You have slain Mileta.
    A diabolic laugh splits the air as a demonic hand reaches forth and grasps the remains of Mileta,
    taking her from the living world.
    Mileta uses Manipulation Backlash (proc) on you.
    As Mileta falls, a burst of crackling energy explodes from her corpse, hurling itself upon you in a
    massed, dagger-like maelstrom.
    Mana Lost: 223, drained
    Health Lost: 668, magic, none
    Mileta drops an euphoriant pill.
    As Mileta falls to the ground, you extend a hand outward and grasp the tendrils of latent ylem that
    wreathe her shattered form even in death. Drawing the ylem inward to your very being, you feel
    yourself bolstered with its power.

7 . Mileta was run over by a small army of cute little pets.

Sorry. Pets got too wild. :#
    SaidennAlmol
  • Casts fever for the first time since coming back.

You summon into existence a convulsing singularity behind Baruin, the Dwarven mason. "May the Dragon consume you!" you shout before leveling a rib-splintering kick to his chest that sends him reeling back into the awaiting singularity.

...the heck I DID?!

KerocTeani
  • You 300'd him, @Aros
    Aros
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    omeis_order.txt

(they've been trying to move a big boulder blocking off part of Tecpatl's Cradle)

[21:40] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: Chaos Eater.
    [21:40] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: Have you had any more thoughts on the boulder?
    [21:40] [Chromatic Court] You: I believe that the boulder will be moved, when
    it can be moved.
    [21:40] [Chromatic Court] You: Would it make things any easier if I claimed
    that I knew what was behind it?
    [21:41] [Chromatic Court] Iesid: Is it boring? Can it mold?
    [21:41] [Chromatic Court] Iesid: Don't tell me!!

[21:41] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: If you could describe it in detail. Otherwise,
    I may end up greased and shoved through a hole big enough for a fae.
    [21:42] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: And then I am trapped there until we figure
    out how to move it.
    [21:42] [Chromatic Court] You: I'm sorry, do you mean to say that Iesid... what,
    lubed you and somehow wedged you in under that thing?
    [21:42] [Chromatic Court] Iesid: N-no... but I was going to try..

[21:45] [Chromatic Court] Iesid: The Liberator, I shall not be so kind with!
    Are you a coconut or butter sort?
    [21:45] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: I do not know how to answer this question.
    [21:45] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: Or know if I want to answer this question.
    [21:45] [Chromatic Court] You: Don't say butter. It -will- itch.
    [21:46] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: Would that just make me seem seasoned to
    anything that could potentially want to eat me on the other side too?

[21:47] [Chromatic Court] You: There's an old children's tale from El'jazira. A
    boy wants to rescue his goat from beneath the winemonger's hut, so he gets his
    hands on a very large snakeskin, pulls it over him like one of those slutty
    Spirean dresses, and dives down into the crawlspace as hard as he can.
    [21:48] [Chromatic Court] You: I -love- those dresses. Anyway, he gets in and
    is able to push his goat out. The winemonger, hearing all the commotion, is
    waiting for him when it's time for him to try to squeeze out. He staves the
    boy's head in with an iron rod.
    [21:49] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: I...uhm...
    [21:49] [Chromatic Court] You: I didn't remember how it ended until I was
    already halfway through telling it. I guess it's not so encouraging.
    [21:51] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: I'm not very fond of iron rods in my head...
    no, and we did just look at shrunken heads.
    [21:51] [Chromatic Court] Iesid: Alright, so we need to get Kalena a helmet.
    Noted.

[21:53] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: To quote my husband, I am the smallest thing
    he knows outside of Doggles... and we must sacrifice for that which we love. I
    guess he is in agreement that I am going through this hole.
    [21:53] [Chromatic Court] You: This is such a stupid idea.
    [21:54] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: Does that mean you're not going to help,
    Chaos Eater?
    [21:55] [Chromatic Court] You: I do not force my will on dreamstuff. The
    oneiric sea more easily parts around someone who will meet its pace.
    [21:56] [Chromatic Court] You: And besides... I've, ah. Done some cooking for
    my wife.
    [21:56] [Chromatic Court] Kalena: Did it involve grease?
    [21:56] [Chromatic Court] You: That's between she and I.
    SibattiStineIesidEoros
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited April 2021
    (Web): Iadra says, "Missionary?"
    (Web): Iadra says, "Is that the one where you travel to another country and do it in bunch of natives?

ValorieStineAxiusDidiHavenTaiyangMoxieIesidIllikaal
  • me: goes to file HELPEDIT
    Aetolia: This help file cannot be edited via HELPEDIT. Please submit a TYPO.
    me: ... kay goes to file TYPO
    Aetolia: Are you submitting a BUG or TYPO about a helpfile? See HELP HELPEDIT.

aetolia... pls...
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    SryaenDrystinSeurimasGavramel
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Alela said:

me: goes to file HELPEDIT

aetolia... pls...

I laughed, but also, that's a reasonable one not to want helpedited.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    Alela
  • Zeheia said:

Alela said:

me: goes to file HELPEDIT

aetolia... pls...

I laughed, but also, that's a reasonable one not to want helpedited.
    On the one hand, sure, I get it, even if the review process would hopefully catch bad actors.

On the other hand, I put more work into getting the information to correct this help file than I normally have to, and I want my credit milestones because I'm a greedy little bug. >:T
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    Didi
  • edited May 2021

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    LinStineValorieIesidZeheiaTeaniRhine
  • TedrunaiTedrunai Immortal
    Reminder to self to turn off a mobile's normal reactions when in the middle of an execution...
    SeurimasAlelaSryaenXavinHavenValorieGavramelSaidennElene