Announce post #3159: Multiple Artifacts

13»

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited April 2021
    I see your argument, but I'd personally rather see the artifacts that were oversights get fixed before we go around repealing the multiples people already own, because I generally foresee a situation where, if the latter happens first, a bunch of unintended artifacts get taken away. That said, the "multiple artifacts" ranking argument is a little silly, because:
    • rankings are a lil silly and unimportant and
    • I'm pretty sure most of the people at the top of that list are only there because they have like 4 billion promotional vials LOL

• And customization certificates. And other random stuff that doesn't belong. 
    Tetchta
  • i would love for customization certificates to work on minipets again. At least then there would be a good use for them.
  • @Tetchta I get your point but I feel like what you're saying is 'pointing out that this situation is unfair and something needs done about it is bad because there's things that are still impacted by the change that shouldn't be', when in reality ALL of it needs to be fixed, both the items that are caught by the change and are an oversight and the fact that there's many artifacts that people previously bought in multiples that now give them an unfair edge in some situations because other people can't do the same.

Tetchta
    edited April 2021
    Nah, I get ya, I really think this was a situation of me reading your statement more broadly than I should have because of its wording. I don't think we necessarily disagree, I just seriously would throw a pissyfit if I lost my pack runes because I'm already in short supply with them XD. And given that they were an oversight when this change was implimented, I'm not overly confident that they wouldn't be an oversight if multiple artifacts that people shouldn't have were removed without at least fixing that first, if that makes sense. This particular issue/change seems rife with oversights in general that are reducing QOL whrever they show up.

• TiurTiur Producer
    Pack runes weren't intended to be borked, I'll look at fixing them. For some reason they never worked right to begin with.

The hunter stuff keeps getting kicked down the road. We really don't want to just ignore everyone's effort and money spent, but there are some things that just weren't intended happening. There are solutions but I don't want to discuss them just yet.

Bring other oversights to our attention and we'll be glad to discuss. This was mostly done to fix extremes of unintended behavior.

Also, minipets will never be customizable again. They really shouldn't have been in the first place, that's what a pet is for.
    Tetchta
    Honestly I'm generally sympathetic to the difficult position you're in regarding multiple knives, but I wonder if it's not actually a problem that needs fixed--just disable multiple knives down the road, gradually release more endgame hunting areas over time so that knives become progressively less important, and hope for the best is my take (and contrary to my normal opinionated behavior, I am willing to accept I could be super duper off the mark with this idea.) But in either case, multiple hunting knives does seem like a major Kobayashi Maru situation.

Catch me being hyped about pack runes maybe getting fixed, because BOY I HAVE A PACK TO EXPAND I TELL U WHUT

• I do think it's patently unfair that you have people that spent money and time gathering knives to reach a certain goal and now anyone else that might even be considering trying for that goal cannot use those same tools re. hunter's knives.

edited April 2021
    We've kinda had this debate already, and there's some that are more fair than others, but Aet is full of stuff like this. My biggest compunction with Warhound Breeding right now is that at one point you were able to breed perfect hounds (or make them with limited use arties that had to be given to you as a reward/treat), there's also lots of arties that some folk have that are either completely unattainable, or are very rare to acquire (I would sell my bloody soul for @Mjoll's Divine Protection artie. Tiur if you're listening and want my money, there are WAYS to get it). I think technically venom rags probably still exist somewhere.

I think in this case it's more unfair to take knives away than it is to say "yeah, sorry, you can no longer spend $1000 on crates to get multiple knives."

If multiple knives are going to be capped or taken away, it's going to require a lot of delicate work, and I don't think "me no likey, take their toys away to appease me" is necessarily the best course of action. At least not without a very attractive and/or comprehensive compensation plan.

• edited April 2021
    So how about fishing spears?

How about the outstanding issues/bugs with artifact gifting?

Can you actually please just define what "extremes of unintended behavior" mean?

@Tiur
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I generally don't explain how someone is abusing the system or how they were punished for it. Suffice to say, a whole mess of fishing spears could generate a LOT of gold quickly, and wasn't intended to do so. Unintended behavior here being "Generate insane quantities of gold in minutes of effort."

The knife sets have other problems than just instancing zones for extra bashing. I'm not going to explain how it was abused in case we didn't figure out all the tricks. We're trying to figure out a good way to fix it, and I think we'll allow multiples again and get out of this limbo. We also might need to upgrade the instance system to not lag out the game and go crazy. We disabled making multiples, but didn't erase them all or refund them or anything, it's a limbo and I'm sorry. So we have gone with your solution @Tetchta!

The gifting/multiple problem is requiring us to rewrite the checkout program. Your issue hasn't been closed because it's still an open action item, gotta fix it. The bug I didn't notice, but it's not really a bug so much as an oversight.

And those pack runes, WHAT THE HELL. I checked and you should be allowed to have as many as you want. I even tested it. I swear they just mock me.

As for super weird rare artifacts, there are two camps: Auction artifacts, and retired artifacts. Retired ones were sold by a previous producer for real $, and I don't think I can outright delete them fairly. But if that person is inactive and the item is never made again? We just hope people forget it existed. Thrim flute, woo.

The auction artifacts make returns as prizes or in auctions. We haven't done either of those recently, so I've been remiss!
    Czcienn
  • Yo, arti auction when....?
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    ...venom rag is an auction arti, right?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Venom rag is never coming back, guys. Let it go.

• TiurTiur Producer
    It's just a fun meme to see if we can get Keroc to explode.
    TetchtaLin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Where's our dislike button?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    TetchtaIesid