Possible Achaea Transplant

Hi there!

I'm looking for a new ire, and hoping that maybe Aetolia will be it. Before I bring over any retirement credits, I'd like to play around, and get a feel for the game. There are some features and activities I enjoy immensely. QOL features make a huge difference to me. I'm not a young chick any more, and so I place a high value in convenience features. Do the admin here listen to the player base, and make decisions based on their desires? How is the relationship here between the players and admin? Is there a lot of bitterness and resentment? I know how some of these questions can sound, but from previous experience, I've learned to pay close attention to this sort of thing. It tends to be very... telling about a game.

Commerce is a feature I usually love in these games, if the system is appealing to me. How does trade and commerce compare to Achaea' systems?

PK: I'm big on group pk. Though, I'm not as interested in 1v1 simply because I've never actually been good at it. Group allows for the excitement of working with your team against the opposition, while also not requiring a player to fully understand complicated combat systems. In saying that, is it possible to dabble in conflict here? In most of the other ire games I've tried, it's an all in thing. If you try to participate, expect to be jumped later while bashing or doing other things. That's kinda discouraged me from a ton of participation that I would have engaged in, otherwise.

Coding: I'm rather spoiled by Svof in Achaea. It has lots and lots of awesome features such as NDB, trade skill scripts, goto for speedwalking, etc. Does anything like that exist here? I can't code at all. Well, I can do basic if statements, but that's about the extent. These games are so much more enjoyable when coupled with useful scripting.

Which orgs are more welcoming to newer players? Which tend to engage them more, actively including them in things? Which are more active?

Class: I picked revenant because it sounded like an evil knight class. Seems I was way off on the theme of Aetolia in the first place! Having come from Achaea, I was assuming there would be good/evil type themes. I'm not even sure I'd like the class, and it's hard to fully test them without investing in them. I've always liked the monk class in Achaea, is there anything like it here? I notice that you guys have a monk class here too, but how similar is it? The main abilities I an drawn to are fullsense and mindnet, for those of you familiar with Achaea. Do those exist here?

That's probably enough question bombarding for now! Thank you guys for having me.

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    I can be corrected by someone who's played both Achaea and Aetolia more recently, but to answer your question, I'm pretty sure the Aetolian monk class is nearly identical to the Achaean one, notwithstanding tweaks made for balance.

• Mayze said:

PK: I'm big on group pk. Though, I'm not as interested in 1v1 simply because I've never actually been good at it. Group allows for the excitement of working with your team against the opposition, while also not requiring a player to fully understand complicated combat systems. In saying that, is it possible to dabble in conflict here? In most of the other ire games I've tried, it's an all in thing. If you try to participate, expect to be jumped later while bashing or doing other things. That's kinda discouraged me from a ton of participation that I would have engaged in, otherwise.

Group PK is much more prominent here in Aetolia than 1v1. There are sectors for dueling (HELP SECT) but if group stuff is your thing, there's usually some varyingly-sized team combat as often as every few hours.
    Mayze said:

Coding: I'm rather spoiled by Svof in Achaea. It has lots and lots of awesome features such as NDB, trade skill scripts, goto for speedwalking, etc. Does anything like that exist here? I can't code at all. Well, I can do basic if statements, but that's about the extent. These games are so much more enjoyable when coupled with useful scripting.

I won't say there's anything nearly as completely or full-package like SVOF from Achaea, but there are a few systems floating around that are maintained by different players that have varying degrees of utility within them.
    Mayze said:

Class: I picked revenant because it sounded like an evil knight class. Seems I was way off on the theme of Aetolia in the first place! Having come from Achaea, I was assuming there would be good/evil type themes. I'm not even sure I'd like the class, and it's hard to fully test them without investing in them. I've always liked the monk class in Achaea, is there anything like it here? I notice that you guys have a monk class here too, but how similar is it? The main abilities I an drawn to are fullsense and mindnet, for those of you familiar with Achaea. Do those exist here?

Aetolia doesn't do anything strictly in terms of good vs evil, instead they've chosen to brand it as a light vs shadow. The admin have just begun the process of mirroring each class so that they each have a light and shadow version, but that doesn't mean explicitly that they'll be the opposite but evil/good. Revenant is the shadow mirror for Templar (Aetolia's revamp on Paladin), but it's more focused around the element of shadow and power words rather than just brooding fully-armored guys. Likewise, the Carnifex (hound using, soul stealing, hammer wielding badasses) were also given a mirror in the form of Warden who get much of their power from ancestors and calling upon them for various boons or attacks.

Yes, Aetolia has the basic Monk class minus staff monk. Some small changes may exist in stances/skills but it is fundamentally the same. Yes, fullsense and mindnet are part of it still.