A Minor, Intoxicating Tale

Stumbling in and looking for something to grab, a normal human looks to you and waves his hand.
"Hello fellow man. I--!" His body jerks conspicuously backwards before straightening up again. "I
too am a man! I am looking for where I can buy one alcohol!"

You have emoted: Sryaen's brow arches slightly towards a normal human as the corners of his eyes
twitch. "One alcohol, huh," he says in his usual low, gravelly tone. "I suppose that would depend. What's your favorite type of alcohol?"

'a normal human:

Exactly the size of three small children, this completely normal human is wearing a large brown
trench coat. It goes all the way past their knees to their very small feet. The extra large sleeves are bunched up at the elbows and then tucked into a very large set of gloves with fingers that never seem to bend or grasp at anything. Poking above the finely tailored collar of this fashion piece sits a boy's head with a mustache drawn from charcoal and a bowler hat covering what hair he has. Very occasionally his midsection moves and his whole body loses balance, snickering and urgent shushing heard beneath. Very oddly, this human possesses a rajamalan tail where its whole length drags across the floor with every clumsy step forwards.
A normal human looks weak and feeble.

"Ohhh ummm..." a normal human seems momentarily lost and awkwardly brings his glove to stroke -
almost caress with how stiff the movements are - his chin. "One beer!" He finally decides. "Yes, I, a grownup like you! Want to have a one beer." He decides just as his stomach and lower knees giggle.

You have emoted: Sryaen makes a low, thoughtful rumbling noise in the back of his throat as he nods."Sure. Nothing seems fishy about this!" he says rather cheerfully, despite the gravelly timbre of his voice. "Let's go get some beer, fellow grown-man."

You have emoted: Sryaen slides up to the bar and orders four bottles of 'Sewer Grate' beer. The
Azudim reaches out to take one bottle for himself as he slides the other three towards a normal
human. "I'm drinking light today, but a grownup such as yourself should have no problem with three," he says while turning his vibrant emerald gaze towards a normal human.

You give a bottle of 'Sewer Grate' beer to a normal human.

It's a wonder a normal human keeps up with you as you move this way and that. You hear the
mutterings, "Left! R-Right! N-no the other right!" But every time you look back, the very small face with a drawn on moustache snaps up from looking down and gives you a very reassuring smile. Finally, when you both arrive at the tavern, effeminate panting starts to rise from the trench coat. "O-Oh! Yes." Comes the faux-masculine voice very suddenly and reaches both hands out in an attempt to take all three bottles. It takes an awkward moment of the very stiff gloves to grab onto each bottle, but soon, success is within their-- his grasp! "Thank you!" Comes his overly deep voice again, "You are a very kind adult giving us three beer."

A normal human says, "Giving ME three beer. Three beer for me. Because I am an adult."

You have emoted: Sryaen doesn't make any motion to begin drinking from his own bottle as his flecked gaze remains on a normal human. "Don't mention it, fellow adult. That's what we adults do - share beer with one another," he says with a casual roll of his shoulders in a light shrug. "And we sit and drink and laugh about all the children that don't get any beer. Isn't it great being a grown-up?" The Azudim's ashen lips curl upwards in a sly sort of grin.

(Enorian): You say, "If anyone wants to come join me and my new friend in the Broken Tower Tavern, we grown-ups are having some beers."

You have emoted: Sryaen waves a hand towards Kaiara from his spot at the bar beside a normal human."Hello, Kaiara. This is ah.. I don't know his name, but he likes beer like a normal grown-up," he says.

Entering the tavern, Kaiara waves a merry 'hello' to you and your new friend, blinking owlishly at a normal human. "Good afternoon, you two!" she enthuses, crossing over to them. "Ah, yes. Beer. A pastime of many grown people who indulge in these things."

You say to Kaiara, "Yes. We were just discussing adult things that children can't do."

Kaiara's gaze widens, drifting back over to a normal human, then to the beers before them. Her brow knits as it returns to you and she seems, rather suddenly, startled. "Yes, things children -
shouldn't- do. There is a list," she answers. "And it is long."

Aisling stares at a normal human for a long moment, then at you, then at Kaiara, before finally
addressing a normal human, "Sir." She greets, low and polite, before looking to Guiseppe, "Shall I show you the apartments?"

Roux comes up somewhat short when he catches sight of the scene, blinking twice in quick and
confused succession before he strolls almost too casually over to stand near Kaiara.

Guiseppe raises a singular thick brow at Kaiara and follows her gaze over to the normal human. He
does a double take followed by a triple take. He scratches at the side of his chin as he turns to
focus his attention on Aisling. "People come in all sorts of sizes and shapes these days."

You have emoted: Still not having touched the bottle of beer in front of him, Sryaen glances from a normal human to Kaiara. "I can't imagine it would be that long," he says with a scowl. "She's so serious all the time," he mumbles towards a normal human.

"Yes!" a normal human responds towards something unheard previously with you before, "We can drink beer, and don't have a bedtime, and we don't even have to bath if our mom tells us to!" He says in a faux-masculine voice, trying to open a beer with his overly stiff gloves which results in his whole upper half bending back way too far. Hands flailing and trench coat hiking upwards, the quick glimpse of a rajamala's legs can be seen wearing the large boots. Snapping back straight, "Oh, my back! Sorry I had to stretch, it's not been good since the..." He falters, looking towards Darxa, the Orc bartender. "...The war." He decides. "Yes, the war." A nervous chuckle slipping from his lips at the asking of his name. "O-oh it's... Jarrod... Grown... Beer...Man. Yes. Jarrod Grownbeerman." He decides.

At the tottering and teetering, Kaiara's brows lift - just a bit higher - and she smoothly brushes at her dress, as though she hadn't been reaching out to steady 'Jarrod Grownbeerman'. She casts a scowl at you, "Yes, well, children must be protected and cared for. I've read quite a bit about it." After Roux's murmur, she leans closer to him.

You have emoted: Sryaen pauses for a long moment as he regards a normal human with a quiet stare
before he turns his attention towards Kaiara and Roux. "Jarrod. His name is Jarrod," he replies
casually. "It's nice to meet a fellow adult who served in that one war," he reaches out to offer a normal human a firm handshake.

Roux covers his mouth with a fist, coughing somewhat awkwardly to hide whatever expression was about to show on his face. "Ah.. aye. That one war.... bad times then." He mutters, shooting Kaiara a look of amusement with arched brows. He nods at you then at a normal human, adopting a cheerful smile. "Well met, Jarrod."

Guiseppe reenters the tavern, loudly clomping down the stairs with his heavy boots. "Wars are bad onthe back." He comments over the sound of his footsteps.

Kaiara's gaze moves to a normal human, then to you, back to a normal human. She seems very close to deciding something, though all she hazards right now is: "What if we... celebrate peace-time with... tea?" The words are a little dry, her gaze searching and falling on you - hopeful.

(Enorian): Isia says, "Sryaen!!"

(Enorian): You say, "Yes, Vanguard?"

(Enorian): Isia says, "Are you giving alcohol to CHILDREN!?"

(Enorian): You say, "No? I bought a fellow grown-up some beers."

(Enorian): Kaiara says, "No! It's Jarrod Grownbeerman. Very reputable war veteran."

(Enorian): Isia says, "Grownbeerman?"

(Enorian): You say, "It's an odd surname, I agree. But with my own being Cardinalis, I tend to not judge."

(Enorian): Isia says, "THAT doesn't sound suspicious AT ALL."

(Enorian): Guiseppe says, "He's got great furry feet to go with his mustache."

(Enorian): Lin says, "... you don't give alcohol to children in Enorian?"

(Enorian): Kaiara says, "There really isn't a law about it..."

(Enorian): Aisling says, "Have you had to handle a drunk child, Miss dur Naya?"

(Enorian): Lin says, "Yes."

(Enorian): Aisling says, "Why."

(Enorian): You say, "I think I'd know a child if I saw one. They're small and loud. And they
certainly don't dress in a snappy trench coat."

Isia shows up with one arm already folded over the other against her chest and her lips twisted into a skeptical smirk. Her gaze falls immediately on the suspicious trench-coat and its occupants before shifting to you.

The Broken Tower Tavern.
An incineration alcove has been set into the wall here, blazing with obliterating heat. Darxa, the Orc bartender is at work serving patrons. A stout donkey stands patiently by, waiting for a burden. Banded with flame-etched lumenite, a keg sits at the end of the bar. A very normal human with a rajamalan tail stands here in a trench coat. Dark fur stretched tightly over sinewy muscles, this giant wolf snarls at those who walk too close. The ethereal form of a guardian angel hangs in midair, cloaked by a pale shimmer. A fiery-maned qilin stands here, mane and tail flickering wildly. Like a twisting, living flame, a small, fiery salamander's body flickers with every passing breeze. Roux Aquila is here. Elemancer Guiseppe Adesso is here. He wields a heavy ilmenite fishing rod in his left hand and a staff of flame-charred oak in his right. Knight-Aspirant Aukan Traire is here. He wields a gleaming scimitar in his left hand and a gleaming scimitar in his right. Headmistress Kaiara Gallant is here. She wields a banded shield in her left hand and a staff of water-warped oak in her right. Isia Adesso, the Gilded Huntress is here. She wields a curved steel scythe in her hands. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale. You see exits leading northeast, east, south, up, and out.

Guiseppe settles down on one of the stairs, stretching his legs out in front of himself instead of joining the crowd by the bar counter. He seems to be more than content with viewing the situation than getting overly involved in it.

Knight Chaplain Rasani Morrog, Forgemaster says, "What in the..."

"I heard there was beer to be had," Lin declares, pushing his way into the Broken Tower.

You sense Rihrin Silverain in the realm.

"No no, I do not like tea. I would like one... Three alcohols. That are beer." a normal human says to Kaiara in a faux-masculine voice. At the mentioning of 'the war' again, Jarrod Grownbeerman nods frantically. "You were a sol... A shoulder... A soul-deer too?" He asks you and then Roux. With the emergency of Isia, Jarrod Grownbeerman's face notably pales a bit. "O-Oh, hello Vanguard." His overly deep voice starting to dwindle into something more accurate for his babyish-face. "Us fellow grownups are having an an beer."

Isia brings a hand to her temples, rubbing at them as she glances over a normal human. "Where are
your parents?" she asks bluntly, not even pretending to play along.

You have emoted: "Vanguard, Jarrod. Jarrod, Vanguard," Sryaen says by way of introduction. He offers an affirmative nod towards a normal human. "Yes. Us grownups are having 'an' beer."

Scoffing loudly, you say, "That's hardly a question to ask a fellow grown-up."

Kaiara turns her eyes skyward, hoping for divine inspiration.

Guiseppe chuckles long and heartily.

"They died." a normal human balks, his mouth agape with what he just said. "......In the war."

You say, "THEY DIED. Way to go, Vanguard."

You say to a normal human, "I'm sorry for your loss, fellow grown-up."

"Which war?" Isia counters with a raised eyebrow as she moves over to stand near the door.

Knight Chaplain Rasani Morrog, Forgemaster says to Isia, "I am here."

Lin lopes his way into the bar, ordering an beer for himself, waiting with put-upon patience as Isia and you converse with the absolutely normal adult man. His tail darts back and forth with
considerable interest.

Rasani obeys an unheard order, standing in the doorway like an immense wall of Troll.

Kaiara's pale features move over those gathered, scale-clad hands coming up to press over her lips. For all of her very large, very round, very serious eyes glitter, it seems dangerously close that she might be repressing a smile.

"Um... The One War. L-Like..." a normal human gestures very stiffly towards you. "He said." A scurry of activity can be seen under the trenchcoat where Jarrod Grownbeerman's stomach would be. "I s-should probably get going. To my home. That I own." He states, trying to urge himself forwards and sidle past Isia.

Roux rubs his hand over his face before dragging it up into his hair and then shifting to find a
space against the bar to lean, all nonchalant like. Whatever else he might have said is stalled out by Isia, and the Yeleni takes the time to watch for now, face held with an edge of amusement in the slim smile crossing his lips.

"Wait a minute!" Lin calls out, snatching up his beer in the same motion.

Rasani raises a brow at Isia, blocking the doorway still.

Lin the Chaos Eater asks, "You're not secretly a priest of Severn, are you?"

Lin the Chaos Eater says, "You have to say if you are - I read that in a book."

Now Guiseppe begins to cackle from his seated position, setting his chin into the palm of his right hand.

Knight Chaplain Rasani Morrog, Forgemaster says to Lin, "No no, that's a guard captain."

"Parents?" Isia asks again, even as she shakes her head disapprovingly at you, a stern look fixed on her features. She stands just in front of Rasani, rather confident that there will be no getting past the large Troll.

After laughing, Elemancer Guiseppe Adesso says to Isia, "Jerrod should apply for aideship in
Security."

Aukan chuckles long and heartily.

Lin takes a thorough swig of his beer, winsomely swiping the back of his hand across his mouth in
the same fluid motion.

You have emoted: Sryaen waves a slender hand dismissively towards Isia as his gaze returns towards a normal human. "There's no children here. Just us grown-ups. I don't see what all the fuss is about," he protests with a low, rumbling grunt that doesn't quite make it past his ashen lips.

"I s-should... Um... I bought this." a normal human looks back down to the beer in his gloved hands and then to you in some silent and desperate plea for helping. "I c-can just drink it now? Cuz that's what grownups do."

An audible squeak issues forth from somewhere beside Roux as Kaiara's stifled humor escapes her
grasp. She abruptly tries to look very stern.

Aukan brings his left hand up to cover his mouth as he watches the scene before him unfold.

It's unclear what side of the 'Adult vs. Child' debacle Lin stands on, but it -is- clear that he has no real clue what's going on, watching sheerly for his own amusement, apparently, surreptitiously popping a feathery, red scintilily into his mouth.

Rasani rumbles, raising a brow at the totally normal human. She looks at Isia, then, and tilts her head.

Sighing, Isia Adesso, the Gilded Huntress says, "Alright, I've been left with no choice. All grown ups please report to the temple. We will be giving it a thorough scrubbing this week."

Kaiara blinks.

"Moving back to Duiran," Lin announces, clapping his beer bottle down on the counter.

Roux bites his lip and coughs again, turning his face away from the room, surely just to be polite and not hide anything, surely.

Guiseppe jolts upright in his seat. "Mom?! What?!" He gapes at Isia.

"But I don't want to ... " Kaiara sighs, her tone complaining. "I have paperwork to do."

Jezreth grunts, carrying a large pile of colored rocks, unsure of the scene he walked into.

You have emoted: Sryaen frowns at Isia and then he lifts his hands defensively towards a normal
human. "I think you better risk it and chug the whole bottle. Better to clean the Temple will a
belly full of beer, am I right?" The Azudim's chest rises to accompany a gruff chuckle.

"No!" Kaiara blurts, lurching forward a bit with a hand outstretched - as though she would take said beer.

A pleased smile touching her features, Isia Adesso, the Gilded Huntress says, "Come on, Mister
Grownbeerman, you can walk with me. I'll make sure you get the best mop and bucket."

"Oh no that's the dinner bell!" Comes one voice under the trench coat. "Run!" a normal human
declares and the trench coat comes off. A human boy being piggybacked by a mhun girl who is being
piggybacked by a rajamalan all launch each other in unison and scatter in different directions.
There is absolutely chaos and as Rasani would find, being large and tall does nothing for children who are desperate to escape punishment. They duck under tables, dash over the tables and the two girls go on opposite sides of Rasani, opening the door as the one only known as 'Alex' practically dives between Rasani's legs and they run out the door with a few whoops and a cheer, the clinking of beer bottles and leaving you to his fate with only the remorse that children lack.

You say, "Oh my Gods wow, how unexpected."

Headmistress Kaiara Gallant demands to you, "What did I tell you..?!"

Still leaning idly against the bar top, you say, "I guess you were right, Kaiara. I should probably keep a better eye out next time, huh."

Lin bares his fangs in a gut-bursting laugh, doubling over against the bar, drawing the ire of a few habitual drinkers who up until then had probably been appreciating the aura of quiet around him.

Kaiara turns her eyes skyward, hoping for divine inspiration.

Aukan shakes his head as he keeps his hand pressed against his mouth, though it's quite obvious he's trying his best not to burst out in laughter.

"I KNEW it was Severn," Lin blurts out, grinning from ear to ear.

You have emoted: Sryaen turns his piercing emerald gaze towards Isia. "Vanguard, it's a dark enough realm out there. Let the kids have some fun while they're young," he says dryly.

Idly, Elemancer Guiseppe Adesso says, "I hope the don't get sick out there."

Isia Adesso, the Gilded Huntress says to you, "That's really their guardians' call to make, not
ours."

Rasani chuckles.

"I hope they don't get cognitive frailities from imbibing alcohol while they're still developing," Kaiara murmurs morosely.

Roux tilts his head towards you with a nod of agreement, looking at Isia. "And now it's no one's
calls to make because you'll never find them before they down that stuff out there."

Knight Chaplain Rasani Morrog, Forgemaster says, "Oh, they'll be plenty of fun as they're getting
older."

You say, "Besides, I'd rather they get drunk in front of a Herald rather than tossing around in the sewers with that other gang of kids."

Smirking, Isia Adesso, the Gilded Huntress says, "You could have given them literally anything else. They weren't going to know the difference."

Cheers and whoops die down in quiet anticipation as three bottles of 'Sewer Grate' are cracked open. The sound of retching and spitting can be heard as three children come to discover that perhaps adult drinks are better left for the adults.

Cheers to the Celani who came through with some silly, spontaneous RP. <3

Tell me how I'm doing!
(Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
LinSaidennRouxBenedictoValorieBraxAxiusRhineMalcanthetMarinTeaniAukanAolin

Comments