Announce post #3171: Where's Mining and Mirrors?

13»

Comments

• TiurTiur Producer
    Classpick never works right, because it doesn't give you the tools you need. I think it's a fine idea, and I'll talk to Keroc.

BulrokSeurimas
  • Jeshu said:

Aren't most classes tied to guilds? As a new player watching from the outside (who wants to start as a Revenant), I have to say, I kind of assumed this would be the case. It also seems like a good way to strengthen the sense that a class has a particular lore role.

I don't mean to burst in as someone who's still an outsider and try to denigrate what you guys are saying, and your points do make sense to me, even in my relative ignorance. It's just that the way things were done does seem to make sense to me, too. IDK.

It was a really situational problem. To teach the class, there had to be 1) Sciomancers online 2) who wanted to learn the class 3) and had lessons to master the class 4) and hadn't gone inactive 5) and they could only teach it to two people every 12.5 days. When the Revenant class was released, that was only one or two people, so the only way to learn the class was from someone who wasn't in the Guild, which costs 40 credits extra and might be iffy for roleplay reasons.

Giving guilded Sciomancers a two-week grace period to teach the class to as many people as they wanted basically solved the problem, and it's good future-proofing just in case.
    Jeshu
  • Despite all of my issues with Aetolia, I actually logged in last night with the intent to pick up the class, suss it out a bit - was actually kind of excited. 

I was told there was one person capable of giving out the class (maybe two?) and they weren’t even online, probably because of my Timezone. Others were there too, those late night Oceanic players, that wanted to try the class out, but couldn’t. I logged right back out. 

How in the world did you think releasing a mirror class like that was a healthy decision? It won’t matter in two weeks, but making that two weeks (maybe one week until it’s up and going) gruelling to get is absolutely asinine, and you know it. 
    TetchtaKxrachusSryaen
  • I can't say I'm surprised with some of the hiccups that have been going on during the release of Revenant/Warden. This has been in production for months and months, so there's bound to be some growing pains involved with figuring things out. My only hope is that we have the initial struggle here if only to make for a smoother rollout of subsequent mirror classes in the future.

I suppose my initial concern was giving a STR/DEX based class to an INT based one. While yes, technically you could say that you don't necessarily need to actively use Scio class to be in the guild (so long as you have it, from my understanding?), but multiclassing isn't something feasible to most people who don't plan on dumping any sort of serious playtime to build up the credits for it or spending money on buying credits via the website. However, if the end goal is to make it so people who dig the guild RP want to have a class they can mechanically use, then this makes sense to me. I'm cautiously optimistic and looking forward to the Warden release. I'm also stoked at how this will impact group combat.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    RihrinTetchtaDrystinDidi
  • When will the new classes be added to style scrolls?
  • edited April 2021
    edit: nvm
  • My 2nd solution on the classlead I submitted about mirror classes was 'let me ssl with a scythe' and you guys gave it to Spirit.

Thanks.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    TetchtaLinSeurimasZeheia
  • Just going to post this, in the future if lines are going to be released for a class ahead of time. Can we release raw lines instead of ones already formatted for a system? While it helps people that use a common system it doesn't help for those with homebrew or other systems some of which are widely used.

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Ehtias said:

Can we release raw lines instead of ones already formatted for a system?

The only 'system' those messages are formatted for, is Rapture (our game engine).
    GavramelLinStine
  • BraxBrax Immortal
    Stine said:

When will the new classes be added to style scrolls?

Learn message catchup is my first priority, then styles right after that. I'd like to (hopefully) get all of the blanks filled in where we're missing them. I'll be chipping away at those as I've got time between wedding planning (help me)
    TetchtaLinStineXavinRhineZeheia
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Brax has two priorities in life:
    1. Flavor Text
    2. Future Spouse
    You love to see it.

SibattiRhineMairaHaven
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Razmael said:

Ehtias said:

The only 'system' those messages are formatted for, is Rapture (our game engine).
    So... wanna teach Rapture regex?
    LinStineRihrinIesid
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Tiur said:

Razmael said:

Ehtias said:

So... wanna teach Rapture regex?
    *cough*

match
    Match a text against a provided regular expression. The compiled expression is cached, making the matching very fast. Note that character groups (\d, \w, ...) need to have the backslash doubled.

Params
    re$ regular expression
    str$ the string to match
    Returns
    Index of the matching substring, or 0 if no match found.

match@
    Similar to match, but returns the matched string and capture groups.

Params
    re$ regular expression
    str$ the string to match
    Returns
    A vector with the matched string in index 0, and matched capture groups in subsequent ones.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Oh no no, I know the joy of match and parse_input. I meant teach RAPTURE. So it wouldn't use stupid globals like replica$ and weather$ and confuse me all over.
    Tiur said:

Artifacts in a few days.

🥺

Iesid
  • Hey, did we ever tally everyone who guessed right in the Mirror guessing thread?
    MjollTetchta
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I will! I just got caught up on some things, we had a big meeting and I'm working on that stuff. Descoping hasn't happened, but plan for the next few months is being done.
    IesidSeurimas
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Can the new mirror classes be added the HELP STATPACKS that tells what their primary stats should be
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Macavity said:

Can the new mirror classes be added the HELP STATPACKS that tells what their primary stats should be

The listed statpacks should probably be the same as their mirrored counterparts, so this is probably a good candidate for the HELPEDIT system!
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    SibattiAukan
    edited April 2021
    Macavity said:

I submitted a HELPEDIT for this that will probably get approved before this even gets seen by anybody--more people should use HELPEDIT! They usually get approved without any fuss, it's easy bound credits via milestones, and it helps the game overall! I'm usually the first person to say "don't work for free" but you do get paid to do HELPEDITs.

SeurimasAlelaHaven