Events?

It's been a while, I'd say, since we had a real big event. Like, we've had some races and stuff dropped, but it's been a bit since the world has really moved or changed in a big way.

If you could pick the sort of events we had, maybe stuff you wish you knew more about or whatever, what would you pick?
NonateaTetchtaArchelaus

Comments

• I would love to see an event about that blasted door under the highway outside of Esterport. Where does it lead? What horrors lie behind it? Who knows?! (Tbh, I don't know if there is an answer to those questions already, but if so, I've missed it.)
    Archelaus
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited March 2021
    Rasani said:

It's been a while, I'd say, since we had a real big event. Like, we've had some races and stuff dropped, but it's been a bit since the world has really moved or changed in a big way.

Yeah, given that it's been 126 days since the Curse unceremoniously ended and ~455 days since the world plot has nudged at all (as far as I know. I came back last January and the Curse event was pretty much the only thing that happened in that entire time from then to now), I'd honestly take literally anything. Anything. Short, off-the-cuff ideas:
    • Ashtan rising from the Deep as a superpowered, mutated alien species.
    • Spellshapers combining into a giant Kerrithrim and going hogwild on Sapience.
    • Varian gets a boyfriend.
    • That giant thing in Teshen Caldera Does Anything
    • Spinesreach gets deleted
    • someone finds some birds
    • rocks grow teeth
    • there's a bunch of weird unresolved Niuri stuff
    • honestly just spin a wheel on any place in AREAS and expand the lore

NonateaArchelaus
  • I have a couple of ideas:

I'd love to see a mid sized event regarding shapeshifters/Packmoot. Seems like that whole plot line along with the shifter factions was just abandoned. In particular, I was poking around the Scrofan lodge in Ilhavon today and they still talk about waiting to open the lodge until the matron is back from the Packmoot, would be cool to see some resolution to that. Maybe an event where the Packmoot leaders all return, and offer little quests to gain rank in their factions.

Would really like to see some more activity on the Chaos Plane and some means of doing work for the Ashes of the Indorani faction. Would be really cool if this was a part of the Indorani mirror release and involved Omei Chaos vs Chakrasul Chaos in some way.

There are so many areas that just sit around and never change much. I'd love more events that shake up older areas and generate interest about places and lore most people just ignore. Maybe Siha Dylis could turn towards Shadow and get back to their Dark Empire roots? Maybe some sort of coup in Riparium? Maybe the Salma settlement could undertake some dangerous experiment?
    [Insert annoying gif here]
    Teani
  • OH! Maybe we could finally fix the air lock in Riparium Abyss to see what lies behind it? Most likely the ruined city of Kelsys, but it could be really amazing.
    ArchelausMaira
  • Nonatea said:

OH! Maybe we could finally fix the air lock in Riparium Abyss to see what lies behind it? Most likely the ruined city of Kelsys, but it could be really amazing.

There's actually a way to bypass the airlock and get in.

Tetchta
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Honestly that area could do with rework (really low priority tho), the syntaxes of that zone are absolutely bonkers to figure out lol

Archelaus
  • Xavin said:

There's actually a way to bypass the airlock and get in.

REALLY?! I need to figure that out then!
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Lore-building events (ties up loose ends and creates a richer world). I like what has been done to old areas to fix them or spice them up rather than tossing up new content. There are so many places that are underutilised. 

Events that help strengthen an organisation's identity (and through that maybe create a clearer antagonist for more involved conflicts in smaller scale). I sometimes feel like after multiclassing was released, many orgs were left hanging since a lot of their ties were to the skills they taught. It left an uncertainty that still linger here and there in small pockets, so smaller events would probably help with clearing that up. The important thing there is to listen to the players, so that any kind of potential transition is as smooth as possible. 

Personally, I prefer events that open up for multi-level conflicts (diplomacy, combat, influence, resource), and naturally those that come with clear victory conditions to prevent confusion and give people a goal to work towards. Something that can be enjoyed by people in all time zones in equal measure, so that everyone can get involved and feel like they matter (gathering material or intel, interacting with something to cause progress, getting some kind of interaction or directives outside prime time hours that requires reporting to get all the pieces of a puzzle if possible).

TetchtaArchelausAlela