Announce post #3170: Credit Loans

3/7/2021 at 3:03
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
Credit Loans

We're introducing a new way of transfering credits from one player to another: the LOAN command. This allows you to easily keep track of credits you have lent out or have been lent. We will also be using it to prevent bad faith players from retiring or suiciding away with the owed credits.

DISCLAIMER: Outside of blocking people from retiring and suiciding, we will not be enforcing loans in any way. There is always a risk that someone will just not pay you back.

Syntaxes are as follows:
LOAN <#> CREDITS TO <person> [FOR <reason>]
Loans the specified amount of credits to someone. The reason is optional, but highly recommended!

LOANS
Lists the loans owed to you, or that you owed to someone.

LOANS REPAY <loan>
Repay a loan in its entirety, settling your debt with someone.

LOANS FORGIVE <loan>
Forgive someone's loan owed to you in its entirety - they no longer have to pay you back.

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 1st of Haernos, in the year 493 MA.
RijettaMjollSeurimasAlelaHaven

Comments

• The first person to lock me into this character with a credit loan goes to the morgue. >:{

Jokes aside, does this require some sort of LOAN ACCEPT command associated? If not, may I suggest it should get one?
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Just immediately repay them and issue them for abuse. It's not funny and we'd shrub them.
    Alela
  • I hereby petition that this function be henceforth known as CREDITS CREDIT. 

So let it be written, so let it be done. 
    Didi