Djeirani RP Questions

edited March 2021 in Newbies
I'm thinking of making a Djeirani, and I had some questions about their lore and how to RP one:

1. How many Djeirani castes are established to exist, and what are they? So far, I've only read about the peasants and the nobility in the help file.

2. To what degree is mixing, romantic and otherwise, between the castes forbidden?

3. The Emperor's seat seems to be accessible to the members of only three noble houses. Are these the only noble houses, or are there also lesser ones? If there aren't lesser ones, is it considered bad form to RP a member of one of these houses?

4. I've read that Djeirani look like dark-skinned Tsol'aa, but I've also read that some of the peasants might be mistaken for humans. Do they have pointed ears like Tsol'aa, or do they look more like humans?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

EDIT: Another question's just occurred to me:

To what degree are they xenophobic? Do they view themselves as above the other races? Seeing as they seem to be influenced by the drow, I figure they might, but I don't want to just assume that.
ArchelausDrystinXavin

Comments

• So, well I don't know the specifics to answer all of these, I think it's pretty safe to say they should be assumed to be the drow of Aetolia. Underground. Dark-skinned. Whine manes of hair. Castes. Spider worship. Secret dealings to be kept away from the top class (Pendant secret meetings) It is simply fitting. So, with that in mind:

1) You would have Nobility and peasants as you said, and a mid-tier.

2) I would assume while not directly forbidden, it would be looked down upon, and a mark against the House. So no laws, per se, but inter-House rules may state don't do it.

3) I would assume lesser ones. If only to keep the people classified. Plus, what good is being a high-tier house if there are no lower-tiered houses to lord it over?

4) And this is why I say I assume they are the drow. They are described almost exactly like forgotten realms drow. The only exception being the lower-tiered being mistaken for humans instead. My assumption is lower tier is caused by unpure bloodlines, so... up to personal taste?

Bonus question: I don't know if I would call them xenophobic. I mean, we as players have free reign to enter the city without being attacked on sight. They might have a superiority complex though.

Of course, if any of the lore-peeps could come and correct me, I'd love to learn!
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Hi! I can actually answer #4. A "low caste" Djeirani wouldn't look exactly like a human - they'd be a little pinker, a little bluer, etc., and they'd still have distinctly elven features. But the idea is at a glance, you might think they were one. 
    Ayastia