LGBT+ Club

The Aetolian coming out thread. 

Hi, 
I’m a Panromantic Demisexual. 

For anybody unfamiliar with that: 
Panromantic: biological sex and gender doesn’t factor in to who I’m attracted to. 

Demisexual: Gray-Ace, Asexual spectrum. 

I’m wondering how big our LGBT+ Club, if there are very many of us in Aetolia? If there are very many Panromantics or Demis? 

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
RebraAxiusStigandrZarniSryaen

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I decided that I was bisexual a year or two ago, to the shock of no one.
    EydisSibattiSryaenRebraAxiusStigandrZarniZeheiaCallidora
  • edited September 2020

AxiusSryaenStigandrEydisZarniCallidora
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I'd imagine to absolutely nobody who is familiar with Axius' surprise. Biologically heterosexual with exceptions, sure. But psychologically I'm more in the vein of null-gendered or a-gendered. (fun fact: In my dreams, I am usually represented as lacking any sexual characteristics if I -am- humanoid. Or otherwise I look more like that shadow guy from Spirited Away. A mask over a black shroud.)
    RebraSryaenStigandrZarniEydis
  • So, I was debating on posting here, but I guess over the last few years I've sort of been questioning my heterosexuality. I brought it up to some friends of mine (also Aet players) and apparently they sort of thought I was bisexual this whole time.

So uh, hi. I guess I'm bi-curious.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    RebraLinStigandrEydisZarni
  • Panromantic pansexual here. I like everyone!
    SryaenEydis
  • I first learned I was bisexual when I used to watch Seventh Heaven after school and would have daydreams about Simon's eyebrows. I was confused for a bit because I would also go BOOBS when I would see some I liked, but ended up realizing I liked both.

In later years I have also gone with the label of pansexual, too, as if I find someone attractive, I find them attractive, but that can be as much aesthetics as romantic and/or sexual. Needless to say, I have not had the concept of gender, sexual identity, or biological sex impede my interest in someone, especially once it is sparked.

I will say the oddest feeling/emotion I deal with in being bi/pan is where my aesthetics and sexual attraction lie on a surface level some days. I'll wake up and go, "Hm, boobs are all right, but you know what is really attractive? BOYS!", or "Boys are cute, but I really cannot stop thinking about girls." It is a weird cycle.
    SryaenEydisLinTeotlSeurimasCallidora
  • edited September 2020
    Saidenn said:
    I first learned I was bisexual when I used to watch Seventh Heaven after school and would have daydreams about Simon's eyebrows. I was confused for a bit because I would also go BOOBS when I would see some I liked, but ended up realizing I liked both. In later years I have also gone with the label of pansexual, too, as if I find someone attractive, I find them attractive, but that can be as much aesthetics as romantic and/or sexual. Needless to say, I have not had the concept of gender, sexual identity, or biological sex impede my interest in someone, especially once it is sparked. I will say the oddest feeling/emotion I deal with in being bi/pan is where my aesthetics and sexual attraction lie on a surface level some days. I'll wake up and go, "Hm, boobs are all right, but you know what is really attractive? BOYS!", or "Boys are cute, but I really cannot stop thinking about girls." It is a weird cycle.
    I vibe the cycle lol. Makes sense it could be a Pan thing. My interest is in certain personality traits society labels male or female, I guess? Sometimes I have zero attraction and can go months without having any interest or desire until there’s an emotional connection.

I admitted to myself I first liked more than cis gendered men when I was in 7th grade basketball practice and I went to the women’s locker room for the first time. A friend of mine, whom I closeted about liking at the time, complimented my underwear and I was like, “Yeaaaaah, I’m definitely not completely straight.” 

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
  • I'm trans/genderqueer/2S, rotate through all the pronouns (though mostly they/them IC)

I've mostly date women but just broke up with a guy so not even consistent there. Ethical non-monogamy for the win. I will direct everyone to Dr. Kim Tallbear for awesome poly-am content/resources.

I'm really sorry for anyone I have offended for randomly thinking GAAAAAAY in character. It's in the affection way I swear.
    TaiyangSeurimasZeheiaRihrinRebraCallidoraAyastia
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Not sure how I missed this thread the first time around! I think I was just life-busy.

I am a pansexual female leaning non-binary. I like people for being people and I don't really do overly femme most of the time.

While it doesn't matter much given who most of you interact with me (Me) as, I think it's super important for people to have a supportive environment where you're aware that people all over the ever-expanding list exist.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    RaahBraxRihrinAloliLinIesidRebraTeotlAyastia
  • I may as well add myself here, since I didn't first go around. I'm a pansexual female. I'm only recently coming to realize that, as I thought I was simply bi. And even that took me a while to accept, mostly because of my religious raising (baptists and menonites). I keep it to bi for my husband, since he doesn't really know/understand the different types. I haven't told my family at all.

I don't think I'd ever have come to accept, and try to understand myself, if it weren't for the people of this game. I have friends who are part of the community and all, but I don't interact with them nearly as much as you all. So, thank you all for being the wonderful people that you are. <3
    BraxSibattiRaahAloliIesidZeheiaRebraAyastia
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited February 2021
    To our non-binary Aetolians, if you're out there: how/when did you realize you were non-binary? What does it mean to you?
  • Big shoutout to Alaron for patiently explaining to thirteen year old me that gay people were people and not literal demons wearing human skin, as I'd been taught by the cult my parents were in. It only took me around ten more years to figure out that I was queer as well, but I like to think that he helped get me up to speed.
    BorminchiaLinValdasBraxSibattiCallidoraAyastiaZeheia
  • Hi. Pansexual genderqueer. I think you're all hot. You there, reading this. You're hot. Wassup.
    BraxSeurimasSekeresSaidennValorieLinIesidZeheia
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Cayn said:

You there, reading this. You're hot.

I don't appreciate being lied to

That said, hello, cis male, still figuring out the other parts. Probably ace?
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

SeurimasCaynZeheia
  • edited March 2021
    Ok so...
    Even after the support I've received from many friends from the game, this is a topic I avoid for the fact that I am always afraid it will cause people to treat the character differently after pre-established relationships have been set. To treat me different. And well, given I live in a town that only lost the 'N-word be out by sundown' sign in the last 20 years... Yeah.
    MtF bisexual here.
    NonateaAxiusValdasTekiasZeheiaTeotl