Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I literally had the description for my next one written up :(
    IesidStine
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    I'm irritated that HELP CUSTOMIZATIONS hasn't been updated to reflect Iron Coin pricing for over six months after the change.

• edited January 2021
    I will probably get some backlash or something but there's some of us who are still kind of slow at bashing, to be mowed over really sucks especially in areas that match our tier... I get that everyone wants to level but can we have a lil modicum of respect for us lowbies? :(
    Edit: i was hunting the upper teshen (mobs are just reavers n workers) but you're not not getting 200 feom teshen. I know that. Please let us lowbies hunt
    SessizlikTetchtaMoxie
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Maira said:

I will probably get some backlash or something but there's some of us who are still kind of slow at bashing, to be mowed over really sucks especially in areas that match our tier... I get that everyone wants to level but can we have a lil modicum of respect for us lowbies? :(
    Edit: i was hunting the upper teshen (mobs are just reavers n workers) but you're not not getting 200 feom teshen. I know that. Please let us lowbies hunt

I'm not gonna name names, but I've seen lvl124-people bash in lvl60-70. It is one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't have a bunch of arties to make me strong. I can't afford buying all the xp bonus stuff. I am slow, because I don't autobash. If endgamers bash out endgame areas, do what the rest of us have to do. STOP BASHING FOR A WHILE until things pop back up. Don't go snagging the low-midbie areas from those who actually need those areas. You don't see lvl80-people going to Lodi, do you?
    TetchtaMoxieMaira
    edited January 2021
    try and stop us cowards

edit: didn't think I needed to give big ol' "sarcasm" tags for what should be a very clear and obvious joke, but lol this is literally me being silly LMAO

MoxieSeurimasSessizlikRhineMaira
  • I don't really care about where they are hunting. Just think its a bit rude to bombard somewhere lil guys like me are actively trying to get kills in. If it's not rude, my bad for feeling that way and whenever I get 100+ I'll just stick with it and not do that to others idk
    Sessizlik
    I'm just saying you're setting yourself up for salt if you start approaching the game with a "this bashing area is for me/limited people" attitude. Especially since people bash areas for multiple reasons (Teshen especially) that aren't necessarily related to just xp. Also AFAIK, @Tiur explicitly recently said that the 60-80ish zones are almost always full of mobs (I'm sure he's capable of clarifying what he meant/the details).

Just gotta get over it and try and find another spot, sis.

MairaDrystin
  • edited January 2021
    I don't really have an attitude,  I just think attacking something someone else is attacking is sorta rude. Idek why, but you really don't need to come at me. I didnt say once it's limited to anyone, but just sucked to be in a spot by myself then suddenly I cannot hunt there because someone else is bigger and faster and I'm just trying to avoid high areas so big dudes can get XP just like I would like to get. My XP sucks because I like to leave areas that others are in alone. It's not a massive ordeal but just was shitty feeling in the moment, when a very good and (too high for me?) decent mobs are just down from my lil spot. 

Also how would I know respawn rates, I've only played a little over a week, dang.
    Edit: and ty for the info on this. 
    Sessizlik
    edited January 2021
    People are generally not supposed to kill what you're attacking directly but mistakes do happen, and some people just don't care. It's (I'm pretty sure) considered legitimate PK cause if someone bashes over someone else in that way. To that end, people def aren't gonna stop clearing areas like Teshen any time soon. You'll get used to it, I promise.

Tetchta, I think you're having a really pissy attitude when someone is simply venting their pet peeves in a thread about pet peeves. I completely understand where Maira comes from. Having someone storm in and clear things out because they are stronger sucks and there are plenty of endgame areas for people to do their thing in. My char can handle places like Mor and Mamashi tunnels, but they are almost always hunted out, often, but not always, by endgamers. But she risks dying if she goes to Drakuum, a higher level area, that is almost always untouched. So what gives? I don't even care anymore. You have your fun bashing your way, I will do it my way and I will simply go about my day disliking those who act like unicorns.
    TetchtaMaira
    Def not pissy, I'm just explaining the Facts of Bashing Life™ in Aetolia.

MairaEhtias
    Nope, definately a pissy attitude. But leaving this thread to what it's intended for.
    One of my pet peeves is pissy attitudes towards low-midbies.
    TetchtaMoxieRhineMairaSeurimasTeani
  • Tetchta said:
    People are generally not supposed to kill what you're attacking directly 
    Right, and this is what I was trying to say, because this is what happened. Like I said.. nothing to do about it and not a big deal. Just think it sucks very much. Sorry for a stir, I was hoping for us little'r folks to get to 100 eventually too..
    And yes, not risking Drakuum either, sorry lol
    edited January 2021
    Maira said:

Right, and this is what I was trying to say, because this is what happened. Like I said.. nothing to do about it and not a big deal. Just think it sucks very much. Sorry for a stir, I was hoping for us little'r folks to get to 100 eventually too..

Yeah that can be pretty frustrating, but it def sometimes just happens sometimes. Maybe some day you'll be a big bad PKer and you can eviscerate people who do that to you and think back to these moments with smug satisfaction that YOU are the shark now. Teshen's particularly rough because if a high-level person goes through and accidentally boops a teshen, it's likely to explode.

Maira
  • While I see @Tetchta's point, there's definitely a better way for them to get that point across. This thread is intended to allow people to vent about their pet peeves. No commentary from others is necessary, especially not in a way to "prove them wrong" or to make your own point. Be kind. Be considerate.
    TetchtaMairaGavramelTeani
    Rhine said:

This thread is intended to allow people to vent about their pet peeves. No commentary from others is necessary, especially not in a way to "prove them wrong" or to make your own point. Be kind. Be considerate.

catch me ranting about how having multiple hunting knives is terrible and then getting salty when I get pushback

• Tetchta said:
     Maybe some day you'll be a big bad PKer 

Me, because I'm mobile and quoting is being funny: 
    I will be a big, great PK'r I'm just being lazy and like Aetolia's lore better than the investments of pvp. It gets expensive and the pandemic has me saving my money 💚😁
    SeurimasTetchtaSessizlik
  • edited January 2021
    Chiming in to say that Drakuum being rarely bashed out is wrong. A lot of people start at it for bashing trips. My pet peeve lately is people not reading AB files then complaining about stuff when they obviously didn't read the skills AB and are entirely wrong.

• ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Play nicely, children. I'm watching.

When I was last a mortal on Aetolia, I had no idea where to bash anymore. I would try several places from AREAS but some of them were clearly not as straightforward, and I knew about the Teshen from some bigger people taking me along there. And people frequently bash over others.

A more constructive suggestion on the matter is - perhaps you could try letting people who do it know. Some of them will be open to the RP, others may not, but it may find you a less frustrating outlet for the frustration occasionally.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    BenedictoAlmol
  • Zeheia said:

Play nicely, children. I'm watching.

When I was last a mortal on Aetolia, I had no idea where to bash anymore. I would try several places from AREAS but some of them were clearly not as straightforward, and I knew about the Teshen from some bigger people taking me along there. And people frequently bash over others.

A more constructive suggestion on the matter is - perhaps you could try letting people who do it know. Some of them will be open to the RP, others may not, but it may find you a less frustrating outlet for the frustration occasionally.

That's a good point, AREAS command very much so needs some love and update. There's TONS more areas than are on there, and many that would make lower people feel better I think about bashing when you're still smol.

Also if you ever see me bash over you just follow me, I'll stop attacking everything since you're always in the room, and we'll just zoom around the world. Or ask and I'll probably just web invite and let you tag along for a bit if that's your thing too. (I don't really play much these days though)

My pet peeve though is people just in general complaining about things being difficult without ever looking for alternatives to the problem they're having. Not referring to anyone in particular here just a general thing that always annoyed me was the knee-jerk reactions to things and immediately giving up hope on any alternative.
    Saltz
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    My supervisor sent me an email that just says

"Anna, hope all is well with you.

Thanks for always tackling your tasks as soon as they are assigned."

What the fuck does that mean?!?!
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I would read it as recognition for a job well done. 

Maybe they've noticed you a bit off which would stand to reason the first sentence. 

The second part is a follow up in case you have been acting a bit off, to let you know you're doing a good job and that they value your hard work and efforts in what you do.

Ultimately that's the mark of a boss who pays attention to their people and still takes the time to show they care, even if it's through emails. So if there is something going on, they have now attempted to bridge that communication with "I hope all is well". It's a conversation starter to make sure you are taken care of and are ok. 

SeurimasRhineDrystinTeaniZeheia
    edited January 2021
    That feeling of rejection when you try and start interesting and/or new RP and instead of a "yes and" you get a "no thanks." Not a pet peeve so much as a bummer.

DidiAramaeus
  • edited January 2021
    random unannounced skill changes 
    BulrokMjollBenedictoCzciennRijetta
  • Transcendent fishing. It's a massive downgrade from Mythical fishing.

It took me four hours to fill up my fishing bucket last night when it used to take me one and I only made about 50% more gold. I decided to get the artifact pole this morning since I have plenty of milestone credits and not much to do with them, but so far, the extra tension hasn't made much of a difference. Considering the timesinks involved with fishing, I'd expect it to be a lot better.

ArchelausDidiAxius
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited March 2021
    Legyn said:

Transcendent fishing. It's a massive downgrade from Mythical fishing.

It took me four hours to fill up my fishing bucket last night when it used to take me one and I only made about 50% more gold. I decided to get the artifact pole this morning since I have plenty of milestone credits and not much to do with them, but so far, the extra tension hasn't made much of a difference. Considering the timesinks involved with fishing, I'd expect it to be a lot better.

@Legyn
    It also helps to grab the fishing hat you get from the back room of the Gulleye tavern if you don't already have it. Do IH in the room with Saaik and then KNOCK DOOR# to be let back there. You can buy a hat that basically adds value to your reel and lead actions, I believe. Though yeah, the time investment to value ratio is definitely skewed. It's sorta why I've always kinda gestured to say that you use the Ilmenite rod for fishing for cash, gulleye rod for records/bragging rights. And fishing in lakes tends to be easier to find bulk fish than fishing in ice waters, by the by. For a similar-ish payout. Though admittedly all of my info comes from just trends I've noted from spending the time I have fishing, without actually bothering to mark down data, so it -is- probably likely influenced by bias.
    MairaLegyn
  • Thanks, I'll give the hat a try. I didn't think I had access to the back room yet, but it looks like I do.

I did eventually manage to figure out Tension/Endurance numbers that worked. It was frustrating though.
  • Thanks for your effort
  • If you cut the line rather than get to fishing disappointment you can have another chop at the fish too.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Check the forums for an old fishing thread by me to explain. I still haven't returned to fixing that whole snafu.