Hello forums people!
So we were chatting on the discord about this particular topic, and a few of us decided this would be a useful guide for interacting with your most (and least) loved gods when RPing in Aetolia.
When you can see a God's name on BW/QW/WHO, it is an open invitation - if you see a big, colourful display announcing their presence, this is the equivalent of "Please pay attention to me". Typically, if we are working on important, non-RP-related things, we will not be our gods. We are logged in as our Celani unless we are actively doing god-related things.
- speak up if your character is inclined to
- be creative with it
- say something even if you're on 'the other side' - sometimes our conversations with people we wouldn't accept as followers are equally as interesting as anything else
- be reasonably disruptive - we enjoy creative deaths/punishments within reason, and we do discuss with each other if we think we might overreact or make it unfun
- use our names in SAY or TELL or EMOTE if you want our attention.
- use THINK liberally in the room
- interact with our Congregations and Orders, even if you don't want to join - we do, by default, pay more attention to them because they've made it clear they seek some kind of interaction
- get upset if we don't answer immediately. Sometimes there might be lore implications you don't know about (that we didn't know about either, sometimes), or we might be talking to someone else, or we might just be Mysteriously Godly Personages Who Are Too Important To Think About Stuff Like Time
- troll endlessly. We really do enjoy all kinds of interactions, but do it in good faith
- feel like you're taking up our time. If we're too busy for mortal interaction, we won't be visible in the first place
There are no guarantees with divine interaction. You may strike out on what you were looking for - for all that our gods are mind-readers, we are not. If you're looking for more/different, tell us, THINK at us, let us know. You may form a lasting relationship, you may find other unexpected rewards (even for eating an entire rotting whale!).
And a slightly selfish request from us: if you enjoyed your interaction, please don't be shy about using ESTEEM. The Pools see when other volunteers get esteemed, and we really love seeing it when our friends are getting feedback, and enjoy getting it ourselves obviously. We don't get anything out of it except a nice feeling, and sometimes that nice feeling is the only thing we can take away from another day of less-than-pleasant attitudes aimed at us.
Players, please feel free to carry on this thread with any tips or ideas for others you'd like to share - things that have worked for you, unexpected perks to interaction, so on.
If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules
! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.
Act as you would wish to be treated.
"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."