Mirror classes

15678911»

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Tiur pal you need to take more breaks. Crunch is unsustainable and in the long run is going to make your work less good (and take longer). Working literally every day is extremely bad for you and is the opposite of productivity. Don't make me mail you the book I have on motivation theory!

Demarcus
  • TiurTiur Producer
    This whole Covid thing means I never leave the house! I don't have much else to do.

No, I'm not promising anything. I'll need to sit down and really consider it, maybe chat with the higher ups on their thoughts. I really don't like encouraging people to hop tether.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I don't know, it seems to me that hopping tethers ought to be punishing. I would disagree with outright losing lessons because it makes no sense that you'd magically forget everything. But your artifacts? If I'm a carpenter and then decide I'm going to be a scientist one day, I'll still have my carpentry knowledge, but my tools? Better stash em incase getting published is too hard. Or I could sell them to jumpstart my lab. Just my thoughts. 
    DrystinLinRijettaTetchta
  • Game side punishments that hurt my real world investment for the sake of someone elses immersion is incredibly bad business.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    DrystinTetchtaLinKxrachus
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Well, I'm not a fan of choices without consequences. Call me old fashioned. Everyone plays for their own reasons, views their credit purchases and/or play time in very different ways, and that's about that I suppose. Whether someone changes tethers has no bearing on my immersion.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, so I'll just honk a bit and waddle over here, deficate some and be on my merry way. Probably best to just have good business practices, amirite? 
    RijettaEleneTetchta
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Hey so what's left to do on the class that isn't done maybe we can hel
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    Drystin
  • Consequences can happen that don't negatively impact *me*, the player. They should negatively impact Bulrok, the character. Flushing my money down the toilet does not effect just Bulrok, it effects *me*. Find another consequence, I'm for it. I love choices with consequences, so long as those consequences have proper separation of character and player.

@Tiur Would you mind giving us another type of ETA on release? Kinda mainly want to know just because I have credits burning a hole in my pocket, and I want a new class, be it mirrors or something already available. I'm going to get both, either way, but I don't want to burn these now only for it to be my dream mirror class and then I'm behind on getting it. >.>
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    TetchtaIesidAlela
    I admit, I'm feeling a little salty that spirit has been basically told what class they're getting twice now but shadow still gets coy answers. I'd rather it be one or the other for both sides, you know?

I'm open to having my eyes opened and my salt explained away by soothing words that don't include a single winky face whatsoever, but man, it's getting frustrating now, especially being fairly certain it's our class that's also running behind, which feels personal even though I'm sure it isn't.

That, coupled with what are likely coincidental buffs being given to a class that's been in dire need of them only when it's being mirrored... Just produces a lot of frustrating, grumpy feelings and makes the wait feel that much longer.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    TetchtaBulrokMjollAlela
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    At this stage, I'd be fairly happy laying money on the fact that I think it's mirrorTemp. The class skill names work well;

Riving - Battlefury
    Manifestation - Righteousness
    Chiro...chiropody? Let's just say Runes - Bladefire

It also makes sense that if one knight class is getting done, then the other would be as well.
    DrystinElene
  • TiurTiur Producer
    How much money?
    SeurimasBenedictoLinIesidTetchta
    Ah, that answers it.
    FezzixGalilei
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Revenant is mirrorTemplar. It is nearly done.

Warden is mirrorCarnifex. Hound traits make it require a lot more writing than Revenant. But it got a big speed boost because Brax is unstoppable.
    BenedictoLinSeurimasLegynDrystinSaidennGavramelTetchtaSear
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Tiur said:

Revenant is mirrorTemplar. It is nearly done.

HavenZeheiaIesidTetchta
    Will class-specific artifacts be dropping with the mirrors (hunting etc?)

• Tiur said:
    Revenant is mirrorTemplar. It is nearly done. Warden is mirrorCarnifex. Hound traits make it require a lot more writing than Revenant. But it got a big speed boost because Brax is unstoppable.

Odd question, but would you be able to confirm or deny if these classes will use new weapons? There's a lot of reasons for asking, but I can't imagine you'd spend valuable writing time on new weapon types when the current ones work fine.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I've been trying to add new weapons to the game since forever. We'll be adding new weapons, though their uses might be boring. Templar's tough in that their weapon usage is 'all the things' so anything I add will go to them too. Warden's got more range.
    IesidDrystin
  • Tiur said:

I've been trying to add new weapons to the game since forever. We'll be adding new weapons, though their uses might be boring. Templar's tough in that their weapon usage is 'all the things' so anything I add will go to them too. Warden's got more range.

Can you just make it so I can use a scythe? That's all I want.
    Tetchta
  • Keroc said you can't impale people with a scythe so no.  >:)
    Tetchta
  • Obviously Keroc hasn't played Dante's Inferno
    TetchtaIesidLinRihrinSryaenRhineAlela
  • I don't make the rules I just enforce them after he tells me vanilla Carnifex can't have scythes for that reason.
    I was going through artifacts the other day looking for stuff and I saw this one:

and it really kinda got me thinking that this "we can't have mirror arties that work for both sides" thing is subverted with relative frequency with quite a few artifacts. The one above works for two diametrically opposed skillsets, knuckles work with several unrelated classes--there's several instances of artifacts in the game that have utility across class boundaries, and having classes that are mechanically identical is gonna make it harder for folk to swallow the 33% loss of artifact value if they switch to a mirror class.

Teani
    ?
    Tetchta
    edited February 2021
    Rijetta said:

?

Think we might be waiting at least another week, possibly Many More.

Not really my goal here, just probing for an update
    Tetchta
  • I also wouldn't mind seeing a mirror to Archivist that focused around the magicks latent in the natural world and the cycles found therein. My concept for them would be to call them Weavers. They would be based around the skillsets of Wildcraft (Geometrics), Astrology (Numerology), and Weaving (Bioessence).

Wildcraft is a skill that would in aesthetic focus the natural flows of life essence found within the natural world. By the use of what is called a Lifeseed (Symbol) and an Annual (Codex). A Lifeseed is a mystical seed that a Weaver has cultivated through their mystical craft. The Annual is a small book that draws upon the symbology of various plants and animals to elicit their mystical energy.

Astrology would focus its work on the celestial bodies of the constellations instead of eliciting numbers.

Weaving itself, the class' namesake is a skillset based on the distillation of latent essence that flows from Dendara to alter the physical form both for harm and good.

Anyway, this is an idea I had and I thought I would share.
    MairaDrystinValorieTeaniValdasRhineElene
    Vlaius said:
    I also wouldn't mind seeing a mirror 
    Almol
  • So I don't browse the official Discord nearly as much as I used to. This is unfortunate, because it happens to be where Tiur and co casually leak a lot of little bits of mirror releases.

Would it be too much to ask for an official status update on where you guys are with producing the first pair of mirrors?
    Archelaus
  • Iazamat said:

Without built in guild support, though, I can see some starry eyes Fauxlots or Psuedofex newbies falling through the cracks with proper guides.

Actually, this is a really good point. We already have Indorani who either fall by the wayside or realize they want the guild experience, but are unable to join a guild because of the tri-virt/duo-trans requirement on owned classes. We really should reconsider that, since a lot of people join guilds for their RP and lore, not their class.
    New producer bump. It was noted in the first town hall that mirrorIndorani would not be receiving a guild, but I feel this drum needs beaten again. The Indorani novice experience is horrid. Cities work fine as a support network, but not having an organization to move into after the academy experience really puts a damper on even the new player experience. The Former Guy stated they were looking into it (in this very thread), but nothing came of it. Can we either remove the tri-virt/duo-trans requirement on picking up a new class (and therefore joining a guild) or funnel them into one of BL's existing guilds? We'd love to keep the few Indorani we get around and not lose new players to a poorly thought-out system.
    MjollSryaenTeaniAlelaEakuAdelia
  • edited January 2022
    Iazamat said:

Iazamat said:

Without built in guild support, though, I can see some starry eyes Fauxlots or Psuedofex newbies falling through the cracks with proper guides.

Actually, this is a really good point. We already have Indorani who either fall by the wayside or realize they want the guild experience, but are unable to join a guild because of the tri-virt/duo-trans requirement on owned classes. We really should reconsider that, since a lot of people join guilds for their RP and lore, not their class.
    New producer bump. It was noted in the first town hall that mirrorIndorani would not be receiving a guild, but I feel this drum needs beaten again. The Indorani novice experience is horrid. Cities work fine as a support network, but not having an organization to move into after the academy experience really puts a damper on even the new player experience. The Former Guy stated they were looking into it (in this very thread), but nothing came of it. Can we either remove the tri-virt/duo-trans requirement on picking up a new class (and therefore joining a guild) or funnel them into one of BL's existing guilds? We'd love to keep the few Indorani we get around and not lose new players to a poorly thought-out system.
    Since it's been a few months, I was curious about this too and wanted to bump. Being a returnee Indorani has been sort of alienating, with no Guild experience to provide guidance or group "vibe" my character belongs to. Sure, mechanically everything you need is there, but from the RP/social aspect, it feels very dry and hard to make connections, and not for lack of other players' willingness to help or be barraged with random lore/history questions.
  • The general idea is that your socials/community should more or less come from the city. The player base isn't that huge such that you can reliably get your social support from guilds (save for the bigger guilds, but even then it's not 24/7). Reach out to your city mates!