Roux Aquila 2.0

I am the Roux in your soup, the hidden flavor. I am: Loup Du jour

New thread, curious if anyone has thoughts, or if I need to spread my net wider.

Comments

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Sessi adores Roux, but we really need to rp more than through tells. :D
  • Yes! Our timing is just terrible though, I'm at work in the mornings and by the time I get free to rp, you have to leave :(
  • Best aunt ever! I love it when I can get the time to rp with you. Roux always manages to give Jas a new perspective on situations.
  • Roux is a RP gem, I'm glad we are finally interacting with each other and it feels very natural to do so, too.
  • Ah, what can I say about Roux! A complicated, multi-layered character that I always enjoy getting to interact with. You write beautifully, and I'm always looking forward to cracking another shell of the exterior to see what's inside. Here's to us bumbling about and talking about horns more. :)
    Roux
  • We will definitely get the chance to talk about horns again.

In the meantime, have some art, current Roux as she is today by yours truly.

ZeheiaValorieRhineBraxRihrinDrystinKatie
  • Roux was something of a surprise for Pieri during their first encounter. The fact that they both love costumes is something we could definitely have fun over, and it seems he? will be drawing out another facet of growth from the nervous little bird. Kindness and patience go a long way.

Plenty of detail in your emotes, and you've got the ability to make drawn-out scenes feel fresh with those little details. I'm glad we got to meet and write IG, and looking forward to more visits from either end.

• A gift commissioned by Rihrin! Male and female Roux~ Such a cute style!
    RihrinValorieZeheiaKatie

• I have been in a seriously artsy mood, so here's another one, this time of male Roux, by me. Another will be coming shortly, let the creativity flow.
    AolinKatie

• I forgot to post this here! I am aghast. Anyway, I've been working on getting Roux around to see more people lately, I'd love to hear if anyone has any thoughts!
    ValorieKatieMaeve
  • We have had brief interactions so far, but I am very much looking forward to running into you more often. :)
    Haven
  • Roux has become an important part of my direction with Kaiara - they are almost inseparable at this stage and I love it. I don't even remember (we talked about this memory business) how we originally met (Festival??? Ahhhhh) but when Kai got up the courage to invite Roux to be her Second-in-Command in the Crimson Heart with only the vaguest idea that at some point, she learned Roux had done a lot of healing, things were off. You still owe me healing lessons.

I really, really like that Roux has become protective of Kai, bc let's be realistic - that girl needs protecting from her own cluelessness.
    Roux
  • Since it's been a while since the last time I posted: Big Mentor is 10/10 Would RP Again When Time is Available

I didn't quite expect something big to sprout up after their first encounter in Djeir - they had their own circles and their own things to do, though the few times the two crossed paths has been enjoyable. Then Pieri comes back after a long sleep and things just HAVE to change for her to feel back in her skin... and Roux is just there, still the Dhie and still willing to help when she was in need of it, greatly.

Even before the memory fiddling, Pieri's found Roux to be a source of support, and while she is usually willing to return any help she was given she is a little more invested in what happiness her wonderful mentor might derive from her actions. Because she genuinely likes them and feels they are someone she can trust, if slowly. Someday she might even come out and call Roux her friend outright! I'm curious to see what sort of dynamic the two might have, both being fairly earnest and mostly having had serious scenes together.

That time Pieri officially got into the Illuminai with all the light shows from Roux was one of the highest points I've had during our sessions. Your writing is always a joy to read.

Roux
  • So... the only real interaction between Roux and Ayastia... didn't go so well. That much is clear lol. However with this new step in her life hopefully they can get to understand one another a little better! While Aya's opinion didn't start out the greatest MOST of what she has heard of Roux is positive!
    Sryaen
  • It's been a while, I'm getting up my replies to these now that some things have changed!

@Kaiara - Kaiara is still one of my favorite people to RP with and I'm always a fan of how close they are, and the rumor mill is something else. I love it. They are always willing to get into trouble with and for each other even after they've had fights about the very same thing. Your writing is fresh and delightful and Kaiara's reactions crack me the heck up.

@Pieri - Roux's mentorship to Pieri has become a large part of his thoughts these days and my only complaint is that you aren't around enough! We have some lovely RP back and forth, and the sort of father/daughter feeling I get is all warm and fuzzy for Roux. I like how dynamic your emotes are, always fun to read and I look forward to seeing you around.

@Ayastia - After a rough and troubled start, I think Roux and Ayastia are coming to an interesting place in their 'relationship'. I can't tell if they're friends/semi-mentor/similar people. I'm interested in what might come from our most recent interaction and the understandings that went back and forth between them. Looking forward to more.
    KaiaraAyastia
  • edited October 2021

A bump for those who've RP'd with me, and it includes a freshly minted chibi from the talented Eleanor! Dear gods he's adorable.
    ReaveDamonicus
  • What a delicious sna... I mean gentleman! I greatly enjoyed Mae and Roux's date, and appreciate the fact that he is someone from the other side not only willing to engage with her, but devoted an entire date to getting to know her (YES she paid for it, but still! :wink: ). What did they learn? Well, Mae learned that if she ever cures, this guy has the fix for a sweet tooth :D Though our interactions are spotty, I look forward to them!
    Roux
  • @xavin What are you so grumpy about!
  • Roux has been out and about, taking a lead in some things, being pesky in others. I'd love to see what people think, and it's been a whiiiile. Lay it on me.
  • Roux oh Roux, how much duller this game would be without you. From your Waterfyre work to your willingness to reach out across tethers and forge genuine connections without budging an inch on your own ethics and ideals, you are a rich and fascinating part of the Aetolian landscape. Lena considers him one of her few true friends, and that status has been the work of a great many interactions rife with emotion (good and bad) and character building, and it's been a delightful ride whether at a high or a low.

Roux's work with Lena on spirit poisons, though it went different directions for each instead of being a joint endeavor after all, really highlighted his intelligence and ingenuity, things which were not highlighted as much in previous encounters. It's very much shifted her opinion of him, and pleasantly so. And I've heard plenty of rumbles about Roux's work behind the scenes in other ways, too!

Your roleplay is vivid and thoughtful, and your ability to catch hooks in others' writing and weave them into the ongoing scene is a treasure. I look forward to each and every interaction, and hope we get more soon.
    The Divine voice of Ictinus, the Architect echoes in your head, "I think you are cursed."