Was Aetolia classic an april fools joke?

Been out of the loop and found the post about this, got immediately hyped, then read the thread and found Lin's post stating it was just an april fools joke.

Can someone please clarify if Aetolia CLassic is actually in development, or if Lin is right?

Comments

• 100% just a joke, sorry!
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    Haven
  • Well I fell for that one hard. Oof.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    :(
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I mean, we can turn it on again sorta? It just has zero support and eats normal Aetolia resources.
    MjollRhine
    As much as i would love to play in that space, if we can't have new instances because they're too server intensive, i don't think running a whole second MUD is gonna pay out very well
    BenedictoCzcienn
  • TiurTiur Producer
    It's actually a totally different problem! Mostly, you don't want to run two instances of rapture with the same named databases. Which we could get over, but it means more bandwidth and a better server. The instance thing is due to how Rapture does numbers and math and such.
    Lin
  • I think the point is we'd rather the resources (regardless of what they are) be put into the actual Aetolia rather than something that's just for nostalgia.
    That wasn't my point at all, because all they have to do is spin the server up and make sure it doesn't crash.
    Bulrok
  • Server space/bandwidth used for one instance is space/bandwidth that can't be used for another.