Short Questions

Comments

• edited September 2020
  • Ran into a small realm-mechanics issue.

So my character, is slapping together a codex of all the wildlife in a certain AREA (Starting in Eastern Ithmia. Branching out to more).

However, I cant quite get the feel for what's acceptable to put in it.

For example - Can I take wildlife/creatures that are in room descriptions, but not mobs, and place them as canon material within Stigandr's manuscript?

Can I accept environmental room emotes, that describe an animal doing something, like a raven, or a nightingale, and accept those, as AREA specific for that location, even though they don't exist as mobs?

I'm trying to cut this in-game Bestiary project right, and just want my s*** to be proper.

Any constructive feedback is welcome.
  • If it is in a room description, it would be acceptable. I would also say that you could use things from room echos though those aren't always the greatest to go on.

Stigandr
  • Is there any place where I can find information on the Wayfarer class? Like a clan someone has, or a book someone made, or just someone that is willing to talk about it? I get that I could just sit here and figure it all out myself with trial and error, but I've never seen a Wayfarer fight before, and I wasn't around when it was released so I know the basic defences and to use 'chop' while hunting. Other than that I'm lost... Mastery is like a whole new skill set you need to learn. Tenacity's skills are awesome... But I can't seem to figure out how to combo them, and fury is... Well fury is just a bunch of yelling anyways, but I'm sure it would be cool too. Just any directional help would be nice.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    There's a player-made clan called the Wayfarers' Starmap run by Kjell. I'm not sure how active they are in terms of things like teaching combat strategies, but you can check them out in game.
  • Hello, new player here. I have a question about how Skill levels are displayed on the Nexus client.

I'm at 29% Expert Geometrics, 65% Mythical Numerology, and 53% Skilled Bioessence. For some reason, the counter that shows how many lessons I need to unlock my next ability in a category (i.e., *** Next ability is learned in 156 lessons *** for Geometrics complex shapes, which would supposedly give me the Wave skill) and the number of lessons required to know an ability when I check it (according to AB GEOMETRICS WAVE, I need 67 more lessons to know it) don't match, I can use the Wave ability even though it says I don't know it when I check AB GEOMETRICS WAVE, and Wave is written in yellow instead of grey for some reason.

Numerology and Bioessence have the same problem. In Numerology, the abilities from Syncopate to Unravel are listed in yellow instead of grey, it says I require 186 lessons to know the Link ability even though I can use it, and it says I need 545 lessons to learn Empower and 634 for Recollection.

Is this a bug, or is there something I don't know about how the Skill list updates? This is making it difficult to figure out how many lessons/credits I need.

• @Legyn Items listed in yellow on AB are available for use while you have a boon/favor/blessing - see HELP 11.6 or HELP BOON for more information. If you want to be 100% sure, use the AB RANKS command and it'll tell you for certain.

For example:

Legyn
  • Stine said:

@Legyn Items listed in yellow on AB are available for use while you have a boon/favor/blessing - see HELP 11.6 or HELP BOON for more information. If you want to be 100% sure, use the AB RANKS command and it'll tell you for certain.

For example:

Thank you! That makes things a lot clearer.
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    How are things going with the Question Thread? It's been two weeks of silence and I know there are some really nice questions in there that I wanna hear more about.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I've been distracted! I'll get to it. Had my second wedding anniversary too.
    GavramelNisavi
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Tiur said:

I've been distracted! I'll get to it. Had my second wedding anniversary too.

Congrats!!
    Is there a list of syntaxes for items that come from the Lucky Dip box in the Haunted House? I got told when I got the item, but don't remember what it is now.
  • edited November 2020
    Hello, I haven't played in like 10 years and it seems the game's changed pretty drastically since then, so I have some questions. Largely pertaining to Teradrim, but general stuff as well...

1) What enchants should one get? For hunting, but just overall as well I guess. I know there's resistance stuff, but beyond that...
    2) For Teradrim, is batter the goto bashing attack? Skullbash hits harder, but it's also slower. Barrage hits 3 times, for roughly the same damage as batter, but it is slower as well.
    -- Also should I just use momentum on cooldown? Or what.
    3) When I last played, golems could attack while hunting. Is this no longer the case? Seems everything I try, just says it doesn't see who I want it to attack.
    4) Am I missing anything for Teradrim tanking? So far I have twinsoul + vigilance fend, and resonance from desiccation + vigor (although it doesn't help much at the moment). And earthenform. Still only level 69, but feels like there's some mobs that hit unreasonably hard even at this level. Last time I played I could pretty much facetank everything :(
    --Armour/shield as well, of course. No enhancements yet, though.
    --Also not sure on statpack, currently I'm Typical just because that's what I started as.
    5) Again, primarily for hunting, what miniskills tend to be preferred? Assuming one can trans 2-3 right now, what would be best?

I'll note that, at present, I have no artifacts. My credit pool is/was pretty low, so just dumped them all into lessons for now.
  • edited November 2020
    Deva said:

Hello, I haven't played in like 10 years and it seems the game's changed pretty drastically since then, so I have some questions. Largely pertaining to Teradrim, but general stuff as well...

1) What enchants should one get? For hunting, but just overall as well I guess. I know there's resistance stuff, but beyond that...

Resist enchants are good. They can all go on one item now (ring, earring, whatever).

Allsight can replace your Mindseye tattoo and free up a tattoo slot.
    Not sure if Purity works on NPC affs but is a must for PvP.
    Waterwalking is quite nice.
    Honestly not a terrible idea to have Firelash if you randomly find an icewall in your way.
    Eclipse can be worn/removed whenever you like or dislike what the stars are doing to your stats (AUDIT STR can help you check).
    Eye of Lanos does what Discernment in Vision does, which is fairly necessary for PvP.
    Otherwise, HELP ENCHANTMENTS is your friend.
    Deva said:

2) For Teradrim, is batter the goto bashing attack? Skullbash hits harder, but it's also slower. Barrage hits 3 times, for roughly the same damage as batter, but it is slower as well.
    -- Also should I just use momentum on cooldown? Or what.

Batter and Skullbash are the main PvE attacks (barrage can hit PvE targets but is not considered one of Teradrim's PvE attacks). I prefer and use Batter. Skullbash is way too slow and doesn't give you time to be defensive with sand shield or just running out of the room when necessary. The DPS on Skullbash is slightly better, but not worth it in the long run IMO, especially since the better DPS is so marginal that often it can take the same or less time for Batter to kill a target anyway. Also endurance drain is better for Batter. In other words, use Batter.

Yes, momentum on cooldown. I just put it into my bashing QEB and send it every attack since that's the easiest/laziest way to do it. Can gag the 'still recovering from momentum' line if you don't like spam.
    Deva said:

3) When I last played, golems could attack while hunting. Is this no longer the case? Seems everything I try, just says it doesn't see who I want it to attack.

Golems can no longer attack NPCs. NPC vs NPC code was always wonky, so they did away with most instances of it. There's also no more Ciem if you were around for that.
    Deva said:

4) Am I missing anything for Teradrim tanking? So far I have twinsoul + vigilance fend, and resonance from desiccation + vigor (although it doesn't help much at the moment). And earthenform. Still only level 69, but feels like there's some mobs that hit unreasonably hard even at this level. Last time I played I could pretty much facetank everything :(
    --Armour/shield as well, of course. No enhancements yet, though.
    --Also not sure on statpack, currently I'm Typical just because that's what I started as.

Yellow Earthpaint is supposed to give a bump to your health sip, so may as well use that while bashing. Using Purple paint on your golem as well (with intertwine) allows you to vigilance Fend and Corner. Vigilanced Corner gives a slight dodge boost, which can help too. Otherwise I want to say you have everything Teradrim-specific covered (make sure to spam Golem Recover btw). Older versions of Teradrim were obscenely tanky, it's been downgraded quite a bit compared to what you may remember.

You mentioned Vigor so I'm assuming you know about Amulets and Orbs. You also get a free shield tattoo in Desiccation, don't be afraid to use it occasionally while bashing.

Statpacks can be weird for Teradrim since an odd variety of them can technically work. You may as well stay Typical and ge the XP bonus until level 98 (or keep it after if you want, really), and then use your reincarnation. Traditionally a statpack with Str and Con is what most folks go for, things like Muscular or Athletic. Also consider HELP HERITAGE when reincarnating for the sweet min/max racial skill goodness.
    Deva said:

5) Again, primarily for hunting, what miniskills tend to be preferred? Assuming one can trans 2-3 right now, what would be best?

I think it's actually best not to trans miniskills early. Transing a miniskill costs 695 lessons, and gets you 24% resist on your AUDIT score. However, just learning 365 of the miniskill will get you to 20%. I want to say each skill rank gets you another 2% or something like that. I'm not 100% sure if it works exactly like that so maybe someone else can confirm. But basically you're better off splitting lessons between the resist minis vs just transing 2-3.

Horsemanship isn't that important and can be ignored (waterwalking enchant, and dash + leap racial skills being available after level 100 makes it fairly moot). Bloodloch can help you learn Refining up to a certain point (CHELP RESEARCH GRANTS). If you plan on bashing a ton then it can be worth to trans fitness.

Otherwise, it's prob worth getting the resist minis to 18-20% each, then finishing whichever you feel is most important. I want to say poison/fire/cold/electric damage is seen most often while bashing, so perhaps those four first (antidotes/thermology/frost/galvanism). Philosophy helps with willpower which is somewhat important for PvP, but otherwise ignored for PvE. Psychic damage is pretty rare too, so perhaps Philosophy could be last-ish.
    Deva said:

I'll note that, at present, I have no artifacts. My credit pool is/was pretty low, so just dumped them all into lessons for now.

Most people would say it's better to get omni-trans (more or less) before getting artifacts anyway. Teradrim don't really -need- anything special, not any more than any other class at least. I will always suggest 3 arti pipes, stability, and arti tree tat as the first artifact purchases when you get there. Milestones should help a lot if you get all 20 every day.
    HavenDevaValorieAlmol
  • Thanks for the help.

Totally forgot I was still using the basic stone flail, as well. Switching to a real one has improved a lot. Nice to know that I got most of it right, at least! I was worried I was going crazy.
  • Anyone remember the syntax to get into the back of the Drunken Eel in Esterport? I seem to have missed it this time around.
    Thanks in advance ^^
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    @Gavramel

You do IH to take note of the door near Saaik, then you KNOCK DOOR#
  • Ah, many thanks for that - I wasn't using the item number, just door. Greatly appreciated @Axius
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    How many iterations are there of the new Chaos Plane?? It seems to shift a lot and it makes it difficult for newbies to get pacts. I mean... I've started a CHELP file for the directions, but how many routes am I going to have to make??

Archelaus
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited December 2020
    To reach the different pact makers you have to navigate through one maze. You either enter from the Vashnars, which puts you at the tower area with mobs. From there you enter a portal, go through a frustrating maze (it's easy once you know the trick), and end up in the second area of mobs. From there there is another portal, with a quick passage to two locations: one is a shifting maze similar to Atlatl Plantation and has one out exit to the Cave, and the other leads through another portal to a third area of mobs.

If you enter from the other end, which I think is via skills, you come in at the passage between the second and third areas, right by the annoying maze. I cant remember if you end up on the inside of the maze or not. Southwest passage leads to areas 1+2, and southeast passage to area 3. The in/out or up/down is to the maze part or the cave respectively (might have those mixed up. Use glance to check before entering).

There is a portion of the Plane I haven't been able to reach, but I hope this helps a bit.

Valorie
  • What's going on with the curse event and all the rewards and etc?
    MjollMoxieRijettaGavramelArchelausValorieTirria
  • Will technique scrolls ever work for Ascendril/Sciomancer?
    RijettaMjollArchelaus
  • RurthinaRurthina Spinesreach
    Does anyone know the cooldown time on the snowglobe that is purchased in via Milestone wares?
    edited December 2020
    @Rurthina - When it was released, it was a full IC year. I think it's changed to season now.
  • @Tiur Would it be possible to remove letters from the auction house and just have the Kobold dudes drop the items/gold directly into your inventory? Spring cleaning around Bloodloch apparently lagged out most of my web.

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/LZKjL6LV
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    MjollTeaniMoxie
  • I have a question about artifacts.

Let's say I get an L2 artifact and I decide to upgrade to L3 later. Do I need to trade the L2 in for the usual 66% cost first, or do I only have to pay the cost difference between the L3 and the L2? HELP ARTIFACT PURCHASES implies I only need to pay the difference and I remember seeing a coupon for artifact upgrades in the articart, but it's not clear.
  • Legyn said:
    I have a question about artifacts. Let's say I get an L2 artifact and I decide to upgrade to L3 later. Do I need to trade the L2 in for the usual 66% cost first, or do I only have to pay the cost difference between the L3 and the L2? HELP ARTIFACT PURCHASES implies I only need to pay the difference and I remember seeing a coupon for artifact upgrades in the articart, but it's not clear.
    You pay the difference, there is no trade-in.

Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    Legyn
  • Seurimas said:

You pay the difference, there is no trade-in.

Thanks for the answer.

• Just remember to buy the upgrade L3 on the same item the L2 is on, and the difference in credit upgrade prices should be updated.
    Legyn
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Legyn said:

I have a question about artifacts.

Let's say I get an L2 artifact and I decide to upgrade to L3 later. Do I need to trade the L2 in for the usual 66% cost first, or do I only have to pay the cost difference between the L3 and the L2? HELP ARTIFACT PURCHASES implies I only need to pay the difference and I remember seeing a coupon for artifact upgrades in the articart, but it's not clear.

Speaking of that coupon, it's cheaper than outright credits (random numbers for an example, a 50cr upgrade coupon would cost 30cr), but only applies to said upgrades rather than general purchases
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.