Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• I'm irritated that apparently in my absence, Shadow players have started using some asinine and straight up BS tactics, like using noncomms to locate and report the locations of Spirit players in Arena events. This is completely ludicrous and has to come to an end, I know you were all raised better than that.

Just use thirdeye/who, farsee, scent, etc. Quit making things overly complicated. It's not even stylish, it's just completely inefficient. Smh.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    MjollOonagh
  • Dunno if this is in reference to anything in particular, but if something happened during the Brawl like this, that seems like kind of the point. The HELP file bills the event as a "no rules, just win" endeavor in backstabbing and other tactics that start with BS.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • Wow, I thought I was too obvious with my sarcasm. Apparently not heavy enough. Noted.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    MjollSeurimasOonagh
  • Wait we had people reporting locations? Yo, I was spamming my whofinder for no reason :rage:
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    BulrokOonaghRhyot
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited November 2020
    While likely more irritating to the admin and to the people getting the issues, I'm a little annoyed at the use of spurious issuing in order to meta in-character/in-world outcomes. Honestly kinda done with obnoxious and overbearing metagaming stuff in general, but weaponizing issues in particular is really starting to get under my skin.

AxiusXarianArdent
    damn that's underhanded

• edited December 2020
    I was going to shit post a meme, but I'll take the time and chime in seriously. That's not cool. Before anyone can bark in and say it wasn't @Elene 's idea first, she was getting hype about it in a web that I was witness to awhile back. Awfully strange double coincidence, or straightforward malicious plagiarism.

At this point, I'm inclined to believe the latter. I'd say in Aetolia, above all else, our ideas and the way our characters and the writers behind them shape the world is what we're remembered for. Just not cool.
    BulrokEphiTetchtaNisavi
  • Ok first off @Elene, I need to clarify things before you start trying to slander me as a person or my character further. The post for the "Confidential Celesmas" was posted on behalf of the Minister of Cultural Affairs, @Sekara . She is the Minister, and thus this project is hers to delegate any work to. While it was brought up that she wanted to do some sort of Secret Santa, it also was brought up that you had a part in helping this and giving over a rigid outline. From what was told to me, she was running short on time and you never reached back out to her, so while she was in a panic about getting things done on time, myself and @Malcanthet helped her, which was convenient since we were already correlating on an idea respecting the Divine to bring a city together that was torn apart by poor natures, accusations, slander and assumptions, among many other things.

After asking Sekara three times if this ide was her own work, so that there would be no stepping on any toes after Elene's last blow-up at Ayu, she said that it was her main idea and that Elene had added another thought to it. Many things were changed to the outline, leaving just about only the structure the same. Since we were short on time and needed a window big enough for people to volunteer, Sekara asked that I go ahead and post it on her behalf. Sekara could not post because she was already heading into work and did not have access to do so for well over ten hours, which would have seriously impeded upon the window of donations and services and limit the bidding time. You will have to ask her why she chose the co-planners that she did instead of jumping to conclusions and attacking me off of assumptions for helping her. Perhaps it was time. Perhaps it was constant communication and assistance when she needed it. You would only find that out if you actually asked her.

As this is a secret event, it was agreed that ALL volunteers and donors for this project -- yes, that includes you -- were accredited at the very end so that nobody would be left out. This allowed the opportunity to not expose the secret volunteers, and give thanks to EVERYONE who deserved it accordingly all at the same time.

Did you or Elene reach out to Sekara and ask her what happened or why? No. You immediately got on darkie web, slandered the actions with your own assumptions, and wrote an OOC hate letter to me: https://imgur.com/a/wYLxFuw

Now, had this not been the first time you came to conclusions without talking to me, I would have understood far more. I understand that you are hurt over something you put effort into contributing on, but again, I am not the Minister. That is not my call. Instead of reaching out to me and trying to talk, or reaching out to the person who was spearheading the project, you assumed because I posted on behalf of someone else I was trying to take any claim on this project. I was helping a friend. That is all. Ayu was helping a Minister. That is all. There is no crime in helping, so I would appreciate you cooling down and being reasonable before posting. I do not act out of maliciousness.

As far as Malcanthet's project, as it was her project as city Cardinal and was something that was manifesting since she was being trained before being put into the position, Ayu was building her collaboration so she would be familiar with contacts she could reach out to in each Order. She sent Mal to speak to representative and see what could be done to bridge the gap between Orders after some discord happened over a decision in game that had nothing to do with me to change the city's Divine Patron, quelling over hard feelings because of one Divine being taken from Patron, which had a snowball mechanical effect of removing another Divine that did not have enough Bloodlochian members from the Divine Advisory. Ayu had told Mal to take initiative and find a way to bring the Orders together to help people get over the tension and be able to work together.

Eventually, after Mal had become comfortable speaking with people of several Orders and that represented several Divine, she came to Ayu with an initiative to expand the Order celebration to one of a shadow Divine celebration. The Divine celebration to @Iosyne was already in the works before Ayu even attained level 200, which you can verify with several other people if you would like. It only made sense to set this into play so that people could start seeing eye to eye again. We created a verbal outline, and then both Mal and Ayu started reaching out to people further. I had no idea and still have no idea if Elene was involved in this stage of what was brought up to Ayu or if her suggestion and outline came later. However, our plans got delayed because of city-wide events as it seemed inappropriate to act then. Only a few days ago, maybe a week, did I hear anything about an outline from Elene.

Did you or Elene reach out to Mal? No. I had to ask Mal about that too, since I was unaware of any sources coming from Elene. Our plans were already set, so this came as a late surprise and wasn't in any way helpful. If you were working on something that we were too, had I known, I would have suggested we all collaborate together. Perhaps it would have allowed us the ability to see eye to eye and help each other's ideas grow. Instead of asking questions to Mal or talking civilly to Ayu who would have met with the same civility as our characters have done before, Elene demanded an apology: https://pastebin.com/VmY03uzM

Again, I was just helping Mal and Sekara coordinate their events, as I really do enjoy helping on all projects. While I may have coordinated with Sekara and Malcanthet on both of these projects out of necessity of time and convenience, in no way was it a slight to you. These are their events, and while I may be helping them, in no way do I want to take any attention off of their hard work and the direction they want to take their events.

I am a workaholic, and I completely enjoy helping anyone who asks for it if I am capable. Perhaps ongoing, reach out and have a conversation with me instead of falling on assumptions and to demands and accusations. Communicate with me. You may find that I am extremely approachable and not the person you are painting me to be.
    PieriMalcanthetSessizlik
    Definitely going to be reading this in its entirety, but @Ayukazi, someone explaining why something you did upset them, even if they happen to be wrong, isn't a "hate letter." Given how upset Elene is about this, that OOC communication is, like, extremely level-headed, and dismissing it as a "hate letter" is really uncharitable.

TeaniSryaen
  • edited December 2020
    Original messages on idea brainstorm:

(Tells): Her voice echoing with haunting distortions, Elene speaks to you, "How odd. It was one of my task in the Carnifex for Minister Iazamat, and I passed on the entire outline in a letter to Malcanthet after Sekara stepped up and she took to the idea."

Message #7394 Sent By: Iazamat Received On: 5/22/2020/21:00
    "Blanche will be approaching you - in order to secure her aideship, I have requested that she assist
    you in planning your religious festival. I'd like you to see to it that she is trained and
    utilized."

Message #9281 Sent By: Elene Received On: 11/21/2020/11:38
    "(To Sekara): Minister Sekara, I have sent letter388828 to you, with the outline of a former
    Festival of the Gods proposed for organisation. Please let me know your thoughts."

Message #9282 Sent By: Elene Received On: 11/21/2020/11:39
    "(To Sekara): I recommend that it is carried out near Celesmas- but this is up to you."

Message #9350 Sent By: Elene Received On: 11/23/2020/10:41
    "(To Sekara): I sent Vaeth your way to help out with the Festival planning. Hope that's one
    additional hand that can help."

Message #9359 Sent By: Elene Received On: 11/23/2020/15:16
    "(To Sekara): I also sent Malcanthet your way. I've informed her about the Festival idea."

Message #9476 Sent By: Elene Received On: 12/01/2020/2:58
    "(To Galilei): Congratulations on your appointment to Commerce Minister. I look forward to
    discussions with you about the city shop."

Message #9725 Sent By: Elene Received On: 12/06/2020/17:04
    "(To Sekara): Any updates on the festival we were planning, Minister? The help that I've sent to you
    are awaiting for you to speak with them. I've also enlisted the help of Galilei for the shop-related
    parts."

Message 9872 Sent By: Sekara Received On: 14/12/2020/05:45
    We do need to work on the holiday festival as soon as possible and try to get it ready and set up in time. . . so if we could chat about that and hopefully you can help me for my first big event ever done I'd appreciate it since Swara isn't around to help me with my first big one like originally I thought she was going to be. I am sorry that I am not more prepared but I am sure after this I will be better for it and able to put on more fun things in the future.

Message 9874 Sent By: Elene Received On: 14/12/2020/09:57
    (To Sekara): The holiday festival will be the one where we work on the religion festival. If we can't do that, as it is a rather extensive one and probably requires some time to coordinate things - we could look into a 'Secret Service' kind of thing in Bloodloch. It's kind of like secret Ironbeard where we give random individuals with things, only for a Secret Service event, we get people to volunteer and anonymously pledge any services they like instead of gift items. We put these anonymous services pledged up for bidding to the citizens, not only to treat this as a way to raise funds for the city, but also to have some fun along the way. At the end of the bidding period, the highest bidder wins whatever service they went for, then we reveal whose service they bought.

Message 9875 Sent By: Elene on 14 Dec 2020, 09:59
    (To Sekara): I feel that making this 'Secret Service' event thing anonymous allows people to participate and bid on people's services without knowing if they bid on people they normally do not interact with or go for. The aim of this event is to bring everyone closer to each other while bringing gold to the city. What do you think?

I'm not going to address half of this, because I deem them irrelevant. I am going to reply to certain things though:

I gave Sekara space and the appropriate time to work, and gave her the template with the hopes that she would be able to use it to make her first official event and post as Cultural Minister. We spoke before she sent off the mass messages to all her aides, where I did express that I could offer to be one of her co-coordinators if people expressed interest in it.

Did you or Elene reach out to Sekara and ask her what happened or why? No. You immediately got on darkie web, slandered the actions with your own assumptions, and wrote an OOC hate letter to me: https://imgur.com/a/wYLxFuw

I am a workaholic, and I completely enjoy helping anyone who asks for it if I am capable. Perhaps ongoing, reach out and have a conversation with me instead of falling on assumptions and to demands and accusations. Communicate with me. You may find that I am extremely approachable and not the person you are painting me to be.

I feel that you should speak to Sekara first before making your own assumptions. I did approach her the first thing, and asked her what this was all about - to which she told me: "You can still help. I didn't know. ..", "That's my bad... wasn't paying Attention". (verbatim) I believe I made myself very clear why I was upset, not only to you, but also to her. I also don't see how it is an OOC hate letter simply because I am giving a valid response and expression on how upset I am - so much so it has made me very mad out of character, which I normally don't get. What I hate the most is plagiarism and blatant ignorance, and at least I'm upfront about it. Please don't pretend you only have a helpful bone in your body, when we both know you're anything but.

You talk about communicating with you, @Ayukazi, but why is it that I did not hear or get a single word, message, or any in-game communication from you when you were organizing any of this? It's obvious that you knew Elene did get involved in this, but you clearly didn't care

Look, I don't really care if you decided to combine the Divine celebration to Iosyne for the yet-to-be-opened Spire of Arts. That does not involve Elene, and the idea of a religious festival was definitely not something that suddenly came into existence a month ago or so. That you decided to mesh it together isn't my problem. It's your problem for pretending it was your smart idea to begin with.
    TetchtaSaidenn
  • This series and tone of conversation is evolving into something that kind of goes against what this specific thread is meant for. If you would like to talk me OOCly to find resolution to this, I'll be more than happy to talk to you. My intention was to get projects going with the information I had been given and had been working on so that they could meet deadlines. It was not to step on your toes or anyone else's. Yes, I made comments that could be considered insulting and I apologize for that. But I do not want to get into a conversation where we throw insults at each other, as this is not the medium for that. If you would like to speak to me on a private medium, I will make myself available. I look forward to talking with you.
  • edited December 2020
    I'll start off with an apology at least on my side of things if any subterfuge was felt to be happening. @Elene our characters spoke and you kindly sent me your outline, which was of help and also we were going to accredit you for. We shared a similar view in character, as to how the fest should go. Before that @Ayukazi and I had been speaking for a while and as she said, verbal plans were in the making. While the fete has expanded to include ideas from others, and has been shortened and modified, some of the core ideas are those you put forth. I think it's important for all of us to remember that it isn't just one person that is making this possible but all of us together. @Ayukazi has been a big help in posting and taking initiative to help with things especially since I haven't been able to be in game much recently (my grandfather passed unexpectedly). In no way was she being nefarious as insinuated. I don't tend to get involved on the forums much because, well, that's probably obvious, but I felt it important to offer my view. What the city needs right now is for all of us to come together, not be driven further apart.
    AyukaziEleneTetchta
  • Any one of us would be extremely upset at any attempt at or anything that appears to be close to plagiarism as ideas and writing are on way we and our characters leave a mark in Aetolia.

@Elene discusses quite a few ideas with me, both IC and OOCly, and I remember the discussion of both the Divine festival and the confidential Celesmas long before either were presented to any parties.

That aside, @Ayukazi, while the intention may be for the sake foe helping people, even if I were on the outside, seeing the same person accused of commandeering an idea from the same other person twice in a short time is enough to at least raise an eyebrow. And the hate letter was, as said, a pretty level-headed explanation of why someone is extremely upset.

Also it kind of feels like you are throwing both @Sekara and @Malcanthet under the bus here in terms of saying they are at fault for not telling you that the ideas laid out or those in the works were from someone else, which takes away some from the attempt to appear well-intended.
    Tetchta
  • Ayukazi said:

This series and tone of conversation is evolving into something that kind of goes against what this specific thread is meant for. If you would like to talk me OOCly to find resolution to this, I'll be more than happy to talk to you. My intention was to get projects going with the information I had been given and had been working on so that they could meet deadlines. It was not to step on your toes or anyone else's. Yes, I made comments that could be considered insulting and I apologize for that. But I do not want to get into a conversation where we throw insults at each other, as this is not the medium for that. If you would like to speak to me on a private medium, I will make myself available. I look forward to talking with you.

Since the meat of my pet peeves spawned from things done entirely in the game, I propose we take it ICly to find resolution. Time for you to approach me this time.
  • Time for a very mildly irritating annoyance: Havens are annoying to perfectly get the way you want because you can't get rid of the natural ambients from an environment or override them. There should be NO leaves falling in this room, universe, there's nothing but water and sky here. *shake fist*
  • My own mild irritant: You can path find/track through certain special exits (looking at you Fengard), but you can't path find/track minor using nodesense through those same special exits. Help me be lazier when minor hunting, please!
    SeurimasValeriaTeaniValorieSryaenArchelausRhine
  • You run a hand over the surface of a mirror of the unknown and gaze into its depths as its surface ripples in response.
    A necromantic laboratory.
    Madrak, Master of Necromancy stands shrouded in darkness. A sigil in the shape of a small,
    rectangular monolith is on the ground. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil.
    You see exits leading east (open pine door) and south (open pine door).

A necromantic laboratory (13576) in Indorani Guildhall

Indorani Guildhall

TeaniAlela
  • Nexus being down :(
    CallidoraSeurimas
  • I made up some letters and scattered them (with flame sigils attached) around Eno and Dui to drum up interest in some RP I'd like to start in the near future. And someone took it upon themselves to mushroom sigil one of my letters.

If the RP doesn't interest you, leave it alone and go about your business. Don't be a jerk. 😠

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    SaritaHavenTetchta
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Sryaen said:

I made up some letters and scattered them (with flame sigils attached) around Eno and Dui to drum up interest in some RP I'd like to start in the near future. And someone took it upon themselves to mushroom sigil one of my letters.

If the RP doesn't interest you, leave it alone and go about your business. Don't be a jerk. 😠

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AlelaTetchtaSryaen
    lol sry I did the exact same thing with Tetchta's manifesto and people were on it. You made one crucial error, however: mushroom sigils are expensive, and paper is CHEAP. Make more, you dingdong.

ZeheiaSryaenHavenGalileiAolin
  • Sryaen said:
    I made up some letters and scattered them (with flame sigils attached) around Eno and Dui to drum up interest in some RP I'd like to start in the near future. And someone took it upon themselves to mushroom sigil one of my letters. If the RP doesn't interest you, leave it alone and go about your business. Don't be a jerk. 😠
    I mean I can agree with this, but I also think context is important. There were people in Bloodloch making insulting statues of Carnifex that we went and blew up. Not the same thing I am aware, but like, if the message behind the letters was something someone's character disagreed with on a fundamental level (not saying that's the case), I can understand the action. 
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    The existence of mushroom sigils. That's my Aetolian pet peeve
    BenedictoMoxieTetchtaBulrok
  • The existence of flame sigils.
    BenedictoMoxieTetchtaLinZeheia
  • TiurTiur Producer
    When I used to have to run the packets from my computer to the ISP by hand, uphill, both ways, in the snow... there were only key, flame, and fist sigils.
    DrystinBulrokDidiMoxieGavramelAolinZeheia
  • Aff calling formats and 20 functions written to do one thing in the most inefficient way possible. I begged and pleaded for a standard format from everyone on Shadow and got told one thing while everyone else did another.
    StineRihrinSeurimasBenedictoLin
  • I am mildly irritated to find out that I can't buy another Paired artifact anymore. There is also no notification as to why, if it is a bug, etc. Just a silent change.

I thought Silent Changes were everyone's pet peeve?
    XavinStineLinSibattiJhuraArchelausTetchtaTeaniSryaen