Rijetta

RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
edited December 2020 in Self-Affirmations
I'm still new and haven't interacted with a lot of people, but I'm growing more comfortable and really developing Ri as a character now, I think. Don't hold back.
A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."

Comments

• DaishinDaishin Bristol, UK
    edited May 2017
    Rijetta is really fun to interact with even though it has only been in short bursts so far though she does teach people how to curtsy well. I'm looking forward to watching her develop more in the future. Glad to hear you're getting more comfortable and stuff!
  • I'm not sure how to describe Camille' s view of Rijetta without sounding obsequious, but "admiration bordering on awe" is very close to how Camille feels towards her. Yet Rijetta is as acerbic as she is regal and has really wrenched Camille's feelings a couple of times - likely without even realizing. I think this kind of dichotomy makes her a bit more believable - after all, no one is queenly all the time, right?
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
  • I always say Rijetta in a terrible Mario-esque Italian accent....

Then I do this....

Then I flee in fear, because she could easily kill me
    CaolanTekiasCamille
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Camille said:

I'm not sure how to describe Camille' s view of Rijetta without sounding obsequious, but "admiration bordering on awe" is very close to how Camille feels towards her. Yet Rijetta is as acerbic as she is regal and has really wrenched Camille's feelings a couple of times - likely without even realizing. I think this kind of dichotomy makes her a bit more believable - after all, no one is queenly all the time, right?

It makes me pretty pleased that you're picking up on that fact -- she's intentionally kind of bitchy, and the higher up the ladder she's gotten, the more short and sharp she's gotten with people. She prefers to dispense with long, eloquent speech unless she's speaking to @Chakrasul but that's because she's a massive fanatic. She was even pretty short with Trager a few times.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    We haven't RP'd in awhile, but this is totally my fault! You did great job of being an orderess of Chak's while Zaila was delving into finding more about Chak! I loved the way you used skills into your RP to give that extra depth to the interactions we had! With the sort of interactions we had, I got to see a lot of Rijetta's passion and dedication to her order and I thought that was just excellent! You did a great job of making the experience feel very Chakrasulian even when Chak herself wasn't around without it ever feeling like you overstepped the bounds of what a mortal could do, and I think that is something more Order Heads/Representatives would benefit from doing as well.

Will we RP more? I hope so!
  • i killed rijetta d'baen so now i'm charge of bloodloch, sorry everyone (get well soon, rijetta)
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

im back
    Stathan
  • Who
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    SteeleVyxsis
  • short and angery.

admitted vyx was right ONCE (but only once).

vampire? hammer-swinger? statue impersonator?

might like chak a little too much - scratch that, a lot too much
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• While they haven't had any direct interaction lately, I always really appreciate the meetings between Iesid and Rijetta. Their budding 'friendship' over being champions of two misunderstood, demanding goddesses was a blast to watch unfold. Showing Rijetta around Duiran and her drinking all of Iesid's booze (usually a capitol offense...) are hilarious memories. I also enjoyed her attempts to needle him regarding his insecurities or his stubborn belief that he could totally be a badass Carnifex. Also, her duping him into leaping into a volcano - and him not understanding that he was duped - continues to be one of my favorite misunderstandings that he brags about.

In addition, Rijetta is into Chakrasul like Iesid is into Omei. Some would say that is 'a lot too much' (jokingly), but I would say it is instead just right. The world needs those furious, fervent characters or else the gods don't feel nearly as inspiring or dangerous. The true power of a god is how high of a height they move and inspire mortals to.

You have a wonderful writing style that can shift in size and form to suit your audience, and I would say that puts you in my pantheon of favorite people to RP with.
    Mjoll
    Dang this was on the last page huh. I'm updating this thread with Rijetta art throughout the years. First, some art by @Eleanor when Rij was new.
    Tetchta

Tetchta
    Next up, some beautiful pieces from @Phoenecia, from when Rij was an Empress.
    Tetchta
    A cute Valentine's Rijetta (:
    Tetchta
    Early this year, maybe late last year, Rijetta was blessed by @Chakrasul and given a new, horrific form when she was made the Voice of Corruption. @Galilei took a crack at it and, to this date, has my favorite interpretation of Rijetta's wings.
    Tetchta
    @Phoenecia took a crack at it too. I can't get enough of her stickers.
    Tetchta
    Next are two amazing, stunning pieces by @Qelres. The first: Rijetta as The Emperor tarot.

And this one, my favorite piece of Rijetta art I've ever received, also by the eminently talented @Qelres
    Tetchta
    Last one for now: by K Iragana on Twitter, a gorgeous playing card version of Rijetta. 
    Tetchta
    I feel better. You may now comment.
  • Rijetta is the best 2ic I could ask for. Her imperious presence demands respect and plays Bad Cop to my flavor of Good:tm: Cop in the guild to great effect. The first character I think of when I need a mental image of Carnifex, who I channel when Goof Around time is over, and it's time to be The Butcher.

Thank you for creating such a deep, dark, unique, whirlwind of a character!
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • She's pretty cool I guess.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
  • Along with Mjoll, Rij is who I picture when I think ‘Carnifex’. 

• keep improving and inspiring
    Zeheia
  • AolinAolin Inside a transdimensional bakery
    If Aolin ever left spirit tether, it would be to ride into battle next to Rijetta as a cheerleader <3 T_T

Absolutely fantastic character who's left me cackling out loud more times than I can count, and you can really feel her passion and drive with the occasional peek at the complexity underneath the surface. LOVE her.
  • Good job.
  • Oh, Rijetta is definitely a mixed bag of emotions for Aya. On the one hand, Aya really grew to respect Rijetta during the Chak/Bamathis war and her respect for Rij as a combatant has only grown. On the other they have had a few altercations that has left Aya feeling a bit... sore. All in all I enjoy the character and her over the top shouts. 
  • I wouldn't say Elene is very close to Rijetta. In the Carnifex, she has been a consistent personality that you can't help but respect. She's loud and in your face, and was the one who eventually did Elene's Knighting ceremony.

Interactions wise, I always thought Elene worked cordially enough with Rijetta, with sufficiently good relationships especially where Chak's order is concerned. They've had conversations on and off the battlefield, which gives a peek at the insanely cheery personality (pls don't make my heart doki doki, I can't take it) behind the serious facade - and that serious facade comes on when you cross Rijetta or clash against what she believes and what she defends. 

Her brashness comes quick, and she's not one to mince words. Who are you? She doesn't really care; she'll put you into the earth and keep you there if that's what it takes to make a point. Elene has seen and experienced that side of Rijetta, finding it intimidating and I love that she doesn't compromise on acting this way, even though it doesn't engender any love from the people she goes hard upon.

And I like Rijetta this way. It has made for some interesting dynamics. Please RP more with the Pagemaster, thx
  • edited December 2020
    Would a softhearted seamstress Dominion vampire have managed to establish a curious new bond with Rijetta? I don't know! Would a softhearted-half-stoic seamstress Pontifex vampire who has mixed feelings on Chak manage to establish a curious new bond with Rijetta? Looks like it?

I didn't really expect for there to be the kind of RP we've been having of late. While Galilei respects a good combantant, proud worshipper and boldness, the image Rijetta projects did have her hesitate a little to come close. Rijetta has since proved her concerns wrong on a few accounts. Gali's giving her real smiles and sometimes calling her Lieutenant Rijetta instead of just Lieutenant, look.

We've come a far way from the eager little consanguine being gifted a pigeon from, what was it, a 'grouchy old priestess?' and I am very happy I got a chance to learn more about the Lieutenant with the manic shout voice. Hope we can keep it up, and speaking of memories, Rij dropping by during Gali's elopement ceremony warmed my heart.

DidiAolinValorie