Endgame Bashing

2»

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited December 2020
    Can someone explain the thought process behind this approach? Was this really the solution to players complaining about there not being enough to bash? Because if so, I promise this isn't going to solve the problem, as the continent is naked as i'm typing this still.

Edit: Also, to add to the data pile: The lack of mutilating and annihilating crits make Tcanna decently harder as you're not hitting them to heal yourself back up as much via vigor.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • So I actually do agree that the way criticals were done was stupid, however (large) criticals and high damage in general are big defensive layers when bashing because they mitigate overall damage taken and chance of death.

The real problem to me is that the risk/reward for bashing when anyone is even trying to attempt a push to 200 is way too high. A death can set you back multiple millions of experience, but to really see much progress at the highest levels you really do need to take on the game's hardest content.

I'd be so much more ok with nerfs to bashing if we removed the scaling experience loss on death.
    Sibatti
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Czcibor said:

So I actually do agree that the way criticals were done was stupid, however (large) criticals and high damage in general are big defensive layers when bashing because they mitigate overall damage taken and chance of death.

The real problem to me is that the risk/reward for bashing when anyone is even trying to attempt a push to 200 is way too high. A death can set you back multiple millions of experience, but to really see much progress at the highest levels you really do need to take on the game's hardest content.

I'd be so much more ok with nerfs to bashing if we removed the scaling experience loss on death.

The scaling experience loss was due in part to the large array of the playerbase saying death didn't mean anything. This was brought up when a couple players decided to throw themselves at Enorian guards for something like 4 hours straight and barely suffered any sort of xp loss. When investigated, it showed there was a bug with xp loss on death and that we should have been losing the hefty 1% every time we died anyway. At least, that is how I interpreted it.

The only difference now is that people are actually trying to get to 200 for the Ascended race and thus have begun caring about xp as a number. Before 200 Ascended races, nobody cared even a little about how much they lost on death. In a lot of cases, most people still don't. Don't get me wrong, speaking as level 215 where my 1% is 9.4M before arti-reduction artis... it's very painful to die. However, there's no real way to mitigate it without bringing back the age old adage of "death doesn't mean anything", because now it does (to some).

• Make death hurt more. 

Saying this as someone who dies a lot.