Anonymous Discussions

2»

Comments

• @Ephi

The reason being most peoples issue with the curse has carried into this one. Or at least for me. Anonymity breeding toxicity. Like I have said. I am really hopeful I am 100% wrong and it just expands rp circles.  Nothing would make me happier. But given how I saw anonymity turn the cursed channel into just flinging insults over a very dumb topic to begin with, I don't hold much hope. 

And Tetchta. There is a difference between a class skill and something you need 5000 gold for. 
    Tetchta
  • Tetchta said:
    I already addressed that, man. Issue it. It's against the rules.
    And we have already addressed that issues usually don't result in anything.
    Tetchta
  • This is suddenly not an issue with the new feature, then. If you're supposing some people are untouchable, couldn't those people bring this kind of behavior to the rest of the game just as easily?
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • Tetchta said:

I already addressed that, man. Issue it. It's against the rules.

Look at what Ayastia, these things have happened in the past and nothing happened to the guilty party. Who is to say it will not happen again, then what happens.
    TetchtaSessizlik
  • Ayastia said:

@Ephi

The reason being most peoples issue with the curse has carried into this one. Or at least for me. Anonymity breeding toxicity. Like I have said. I am really hopeful I am 100% wrong and it just expands rp circles.  Nothing would make me happier. But given how I saw anonymity turn the cursed channel into just flinging insults over a very dumb topic to begin with, I don't hold much hope. 

And Tetchta. There is a difference between a class skill and something you need 5000 gold for. 
    Cursed was a global channel that all people cursed could communicate with at all times with anonymity and, due to the nature of the event, claimed immunity from certain consequences due to the "memory erasing" that the curse was said to cause.

This RP thing (which I can say I have now experienced) is anonymous locally only, removes people from who completely and channel communication, and there is no "memory erasure" after the fact, your character is doing this with full faculty knowing they are anonymously interacting with another person. And you CAN leave at any time and you have 30 seconds before you even begin to opt out, on top of everyone who has you ignored or you have ignored being voided from the interaction.

Cursed and this are not truly comparable despite having the one similar property of anonymity.
    Tetchta
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited December 2020
    Ayastia said:

Sexual harassment issues are won all the time explicitly for stuff like this. You're simply wrong.

• @Saidenn

That is a fair argument. And I will admit it will limit the problems I have brought up. But I do not think it will erase them. 
  • Tetchta said:
    Sexual harassment issues are won all the time explicitly for stuff like this. You're simply wrong.

Here you are talking out of your ass again. I talk to someone daily who issued for sexual harassment and nothing come of it. Perhaps, for once, you can consider the fact you do not know all and open your mind to what someone else is saying. 
    Tetchta
    edited December 2020
    Ayastia said:

Here you are talking out of your unicorns again. I talk to someone daily who issued for sexual harassment and nothing come of it. Perhaps, for once, you can consider the fact you do not know all and open your mind to what someone else is saying.

I don't doubt that Aetolia's record isn't perfect, and I can't speak to issues/situations I know nothing about, but I can list, like, off the top of my head, no less than five sexual harassment issues that have ended in punishment and admin intervention. I'm not talking out of my Horse-With-A-Horn-Glued-To-It. Aetolia pretty consistently takes sexual harassment specifically very seriously.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Things Aetolians have decried for potential abuse that turned out just fine: 

- Shorter balance times on emotes
    - Syssin being given illusions on a separate illusion balance
    - Sentinel bird calls
    - Letter forging
    - Pets being able to emote 
    - Doppelgangers being able to emote
    - Graffiti
    - Mind Hallucinate 
    - Longer illusions
    - Line break tokens in illusions
    - A ring that allows you to turn into an animal Druid-style (???)

Don't give in to the hysteria folks. 
    TetchtaSibatti
  • In fact I'm tired of this back and forth Tetchta. So I will say it outright. You are one of the people I am most worried about abusing this system. You love to stir crap just to stir crap, and things you have said in this thread prove it. You constantly try and rewrite what is said to make others look bad and yourself good (our conversation about Bloodloch and then you trying to change the narrative on the Carnifex discord). Another server we share has you leaving and coming every other week it seems just to tell us to grow up and not take a game so seriously, and then you throw a hissy fit because you don't get your way in game. Then you try and claim people don't like you because you are always right. You are just a narcissistic piece of trash and I'm done dealing with you. I'm out. Can someone like @Tiur close this thing already. 
    TetchtaSibatti
    Lin said:

Shorter balance times on emotes

I abuse this one regularly for turbofast mudsex

LinSryaen
  • Ayastia said:

Tetchta said:

Ayastia said:

Here you are talking out of your unicorns again. I talk to someone daily who issued for sexual harassment and nothing come of it. Perhaps, for once, you can consider the fact you do not know all and open your mind to what someone else is saying. 

I don't know what the details behind your case are, but I personally know of someone who issued for sexual harassment. The perp was dealt with swiftly and firmly. Do keep in mind the administration can and will check to see what happens in cases like this and make a judgement call as they literally have the word of god vs what someone told you happened.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Tetchta
    Ayastia said:

just to tell us to grow up and not take a game so seriously, and then you throw a hissy fit because you don't get your way in game.

• @Ragnvald @Zeheia Can we get this shut down before it's turned into more a circus?
    Ayastia
  • Illidan said:
    Tetchta said:

I don't know what the details behind your case are, but I personally know of someone who issued for sexual harassment. The perp was dealt with swiftly and firmly. Do keep in mind the administration can and will check to see what happens in cases like this and make a judgement call as they literally have the word of god vs what someone told you happened.
    So your argument is take their word for it because... why? That's like saying accept the judges rule on a case of sexual harassment because he gets to decide. Ignore what the victim claims. You've never been sexually harassed have you? Guess what. Sometimes things can look one way from the outside but to those it's happening to, it very much is sexual harassment. Especially if you have asked them to stop before hand. The admins aren't right just because they are admins. And yes. A claim should be scrutinized. But your argument is bull. 
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I think this is kinda just becoming back and forth. At the moment, we'll let the mystery dates continue, hoping for the best. Issue if a problem comes of it, and we'll deal with it then. While I do like to head off problems before they happen, I try not to kill new features entirely because they could be abused. Were that the case, we would have no emotes or says.
    SaidennSibattiTetchtaLinGavramelSryaen
  • Tiur said:
    I think this is kinda just becoming back and forth. At the moment, we'll let the mystery dates continue, hoping for the best. Issue if a problem comes of it, and we'll deal with it then. While I do like to head off problems before they happen, I try not to kill new features entirely because they could be abused. Were that the case, we would have no emotes or says.
    Lol. Oh I wasn't hoping for it to be killed. Like I have said. I'm hoping I'm wrong and it just turns into a great way to expand your circle. The original post was me hoping to get some reassurance for problems I can foresee happening. 
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    This feature rocks, actually
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    Tetchta
  • Rijetta said:
    This feature rocks, actually
    Well good! 
  • I used this a bit ago and I gotta say it was an absolute blast. Really made me realize how much I incorporate Sry's physical attributes (armor, hair, eyes, his hands, tattoos, clothing, etc) in my emotes. It was a bit of a challenge at first to try and be a little vague with his mannerisms, but I think I got the hang of it after a few back and forth emotes.

It's a super cool feature that I'm looking forward to using more!

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    TetchtaAyastiaSaidenn
  • Sryaen said:
    I used this a bit ago and I gotta say it was an absolute blast. Really made me realize how much I incorporate Sry's physical attributes (armor, hair, eyes, his hands, tattoos, clothing, etc) in my emotes. It was a bit of a challenge at first to try and be a little vague with his mannerisms, but I think I got the hang of it after a few back and forth emotes. It's a super cool feature that I'm looking forward to using more!
    I'm glad. Like I said. I was really hoping I would be wrong and I really hope it continues to be a blast like you said. And I will give it a try. I think some people mistook my worries as a statement against the system. As I said before, I will give it a go and I'm really hoping it will expand my circle of rp and I have great fun with it. I just felt the concerns should be brought up and was hoping for reassurance beyond 'well then issue'. 
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ayastia said:

Sryaen said:

I used this a bit ago and I gotta say it was an absolute blast. Really made me realize how much I incorporate Sry's physical attributes (armor, hair, eyes, his hands, tattoos, clothing, etc) in my emotes. It was a bit of a challenge at first to try and be a little vague with his mannerisms, but I think I got the hang of it after a few back and forth emotes.

It's a super cool feature that I'm looking forward to using more!

I'm glad. Like I said. I was really hoping I would be wrong and I really hope it continues to be a blast like you said. And I will give it a try. I think some people mistook my worries as a statement against the system. As I said before, I will give it a go and I'm really hoping it will expand my circle of rp and I have great fun with it. I just felt the concerns should be brought up and was hoping for reassurance beyond 'well then issue'. 

It's literally impossible to control the people behind the keyboard. The most that can be done is to establish rules and punishments to deter would-be rebels, which they have, and then enforce them as reports of abuse come in. Player and admin alike have said as much. Not sure what other assurances you want.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    IllikaalTetchta
  • Haven said:
    Sryaen said:
    I used this a bit ago and I gotta say it was an absolute blast. Really made me realize how much I incorporate Sry's physical attributes (armor, hair, eyes, his hands, tattoos, clothing, etc) in my emotes. It was a bit of a challenge at first to try and be a little vague with his mannerisms, but I think I got the hang of it after a few back and forth emotes. It's a super cool feature that I'm looking forward to using more!
    It's literally impossible to control the people behind the keyboard. The most that can be done is to establish rules and punishments to deter would-be rebels, which they have, and then enforce them as reports of abuse come in. Player and admin alike have said as much. Not sure what other assurances you want.
    I suppose I just believe in being proactive rather than reactive. And yes, logically I am aware that it is a situation where that doesn't necessarily work but having that mindset it just... it made the answer of 'just issue' seem a lazy, cover all basis that I feel seems to be the answer too much these days. Especially when the track record for things being done about issues isn't very high. I'm not saying things never happen, just that I hear more about people not being held accountable. Anyways, it doesn't matter at this point. 
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Haven said:

You say that, but I'm trying. For the Curse event, I learned a great deal about AI and how we handle player inputs/controls. And I'm fairly certain no one should have let me do that, because now you can never trust that I haven't made an affliction that alters what you say and perceive...
    SaidennTetchtaSeurimasAyastiaHaven
    You can't control people per se but you can guide good behavior quite a bit by framing devices and systems. My alarm bells started going apepoop when I saw "ANONYMOUS" in the subject field, but this system seems well-designed to minimize bad faith actors, and it seems way different from the CURSE anon (which honestly even then didn't devolve immediately, it took quite a while for that to become toxic, and I'm pretty sure a lot of that was because it was everyone in the game practically and you couldn't turn the channel off.)

• cc off
    cc ofF
    cc oFF
    cc OFF
    cC OFF
    CC OFF
    CC OFF OFF OFF OFF
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    SaidennLinTetchta
  • edited January 2021
    [Previous post contents removed]

This is not the place for this kind of post - please do not post like this again - Brax

Edit: Will her inflammatory statements about me also be removed? Just asking?

Also, I was pointing out that if someone is ignored, you won't be paired with them, which is a very valid piece of information that no one mentioned? Okay. Thanks.
    Tetchta

Axius