Announce post #3149: Djeirani race

12/13/2020 at 7:19
Keroc, the Starborn
Everyone
Djeirani race

Following the official Djeir delegation sent to each of the major cities, the Djeirani race is now available to play! You can either make a new character with the Djeirani race, or reincarnate into it. Endgame race players will be able to switch their heritage only to Djeirani for the next two weeks.

Default statpack: Intelligent

Racial Skills:
Level 1 : Nightsight
Level 25: Antivenin
Level 50: Mana Regeneration
Level 75: Subversion

You can use AB RACIAL <skill> to learn more about their racial skills.

There's also a lot of information about the race, including common racial appearance and so forth, so I'm going to point you to read HELP DJEIRANI and HELP DJEIR to get the full picture.

Perhaps we might see more of Djeir in the future, who knows!

Penned by my hand on Closday, the 23rd of Ios, in the year 492 MA.
StineSeurimasAlela

Comments

• ab racial subversion
    Racial - Subversion

Syntax: SUBVERT &lt;target&gt; &lt;thought&gt;

Through your entrancing eyes, you can subvert the perception of your target and instill an anonymous thought directly into their mind.

There is a chance of being detected when using this ability. Please read HELP DECEIT for more information.
    ab racial antivenin
    Racial - Antivenin

Syntax: ANTIVENIN

Your unique racial heritage allows you to resist the effects of deadly venoms more easily, granting you the venom resistance defence.

Neat!

Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • I am pretty thrilled by this new race, and I'm also very intrigued by the additional nuggets of Djeirani culture and caste hierarchy that was added with HELP DJEIRANI.

For a very long time, I refrained from picking a heritage for Elene, so she would always go around as a generic Azudim. I honestly never thought there would be a day when Djeirani would be a playable character race, so I didn't even hesitate to pick Djeirani heritage for Elene. The new racial skill, Subversion, is going to be an interesting RP tool that I can use, which meshes very well with Elene's roleplay demeanour. I'm finally free from the shame that is my Grook past! Woohoo!

Now, all I need to do is convince Desian to log in and choose to be one too...

BorminchiaCzciennValorie
  • Thanks to all who made this possible. I like Drow Djeirani a lot!
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    TetchtaZeheia
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade

TetchtaIesid
  • BraxBrax Immortal
    Ahh, a classic from Lin's extensive collection of personally-created rage comics.
  • I'd like to formally request race skills endgame stuff actually get updated for the races that have been added. Thanks.

StineSaritaXarianIesidCzciennGavramelRhineValorie
  • Hopefully I'm not asking this too much, but are there any Djeirani racial emotes a la HELP SPECIAL EMOTES? That'd really put the cherry on top of a cool thing, in my humble opinion.
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
  • Ehtias said:

I'd like to formally request race skills endgame stuff actually get updated for the races that have been added. Thanks.

CzciennRhineValorie
  • Ehtias said:

I'd like to formally request race skills endgame stuff actually get updated for the races that have been added. Thanks.

CzciennRhineGavramelValorie
  • I'd be interested in seeing how many, or what % of active players went Djeirani. Feels like a hefty chunk, at least on Shadow side.
    Alela
  • Alela said:

Hopefully I'm not asking this too much, but are there any Djeirani racial emotes a la HELP SPECIAL EMOTES? That'd really put the cherry on top of a cool thing, in my humble opinion.

Not that I'm aware of at this time, but feel free to IDEA something cool if you think of it. ;)
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    AlelaDrystin