River

2»

Comments

• edited December 2020
    No, Force is nowhere near as reliable as you think it is. If the point was not raised in a lyre vs lyre situation prior to Aegis discussion, that's an oversight.

You can't make someone not Erode you, but you can make someone not Force you in many, many ways. I'd rather not educate you guys on a mechanic that's already largely favoring you. But if you honestly think they are the same, that just further underlines my point of people trying to address balance issues, without understanding what they are dealing with fully, causing more problems in balance* in the longer run.
  • Why you so toxic bro
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    CzciennEhtias
  • Okay, I guess, I'm toxic for objecting to the echo chamber of false information, that actually causes issues for the rest of us in the game. This is why I've avoided combat-talk on the forums to begin with for a long time, enjoy keeping it to yourself.
  • take a breath, my mans. We know force won't strip aegis if you stay off balance, the point is we had NO WAY AT ALL to get around aegis. period. end statement. You did/still do (even if it's unreliable because of balance chasing)
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • edited December 2020
    You're simultaneously spreading misinformation while trying to valiantly lead a crusade against misinformation. I'll list out the many, many ways Shadow can be not forced. Get ready, it's a long, long list, meant to capture the many, many ways.

1.) Be Carnifex and have the def up.

2.) Be a whale (level 200/auction artifacts)

Edited for option 3.) Be a Sciomancer and set up a Shadowpriced Consume kill. You're actually immune to being forced out of it so people can't cheese force you to kill yourself if you've met the requirements to Shadowprice Consume. Since failed Shadowpriced Consumes don't off the scio anymore, I think Shadow would be willing to have this one looked at.

So many.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
  • Mjoll said:

take a breath, my mans. We know force won't strip aegis if you stay off balance, the point is we had NO WAY AT ALL to get around aegis. period. end statement. You did/still do (even if it's unreliable because of balance chasing)

There are more answers to it though, not just off balance. So you know, you can permanently keep yourself off balance, as the whole point of being aegis'd is buying time to heal and stalling for the team. You can make yourself invulnerable to Force.

You can't know that and then call Force a reliable strip, at the same time though.

I acknowledged Shadow had nothing to deal with Aegis prior to the change, in my first post here, so I don't know you're repeating that? Force only 'sometimes' works because you lot are not doing the work to deal with it and you shouldn't take it as a personal attack. As it's similar to many things we also pay the price of being not prepared for like how we are sometimes lazy with monoliths into labs, etc, ourselves.
  • edited December 2020
    You can just sit down after Aegis with a level 1 character to not be forced, ever.

How does that sound like, Bulrok? Enough misinformation for you?
  • No you said 'not be forced'. You can still be forced. The action may fail, but you can still be forced. I'm not arguing whether force is OP or UP, I'm just making sure that you don't cause other people to think that we're literally immune to it just by being Shadow.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    Czcienn
  • make river strip aegis
    CzciennRijettaSryaen
  • Bulrok said:

No you said 'not be forced'. You can still be forced. The action may fail, but you can still be forced. I'm not arguing whether force is OP or UP, I'm just making sure that you don't cause other people to think that we're literally immune to it just by being Shadow.

I mean let's stop with the disingenuous arguments here. You knew exactly what he was talking about and are posting just to try to rile people up.
    MjollBulrokTetchta
  • I mean, wouldn't it strip aegis since movement strips aegis????
    Church
  • You guys sand bagged earlier knowing exactly what you were doing. I hope. If you didn't realize you were sand bagging then it just means you don't even know how your own classes work. Is that less disingenuous for you?
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited December 2020
    Ok, this thread has served its purpose.

If you can't be civil with each other then no discussion will take place.
    MjollSaltzGavramel
This discussion has been closed.