Newbie Q&A

12345679»

Comments

• CONFIG SEPARATOR
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    Drayne
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    There is a CONFIG for a Separator, I forget which it is (Probably is CONFIG SEPARATOR), that lets you send several commands through at once. But you can only queue one command up to hold with SURVIVAL QUEUEING
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Drayne
  • Drayne said:

Another question, is there a line spacer for queueing in survival? One that would let you do multiple actions through the queue.

you you look at CONFIG, you'll see CONFIG SEPARATOR, which lets you set a command separator of your choice. You can queue up to 15 separate actions that way, but keep in mind that if you reach a command that you lack the requirements to initiate (you used eq/bal and it requires one or both to initiate) the queue will stop.

You can also use the queue (AB SURVIVAL QUEUING) to queue one command or string of command to the next balance of your choice. This does not let you queue a line of commands, as in you can't QUEUE EQBAL STAND;QUEUE EQBAL HIT;QUEUE EQBAL RUN - instead you'd have to QUEUE EQBAL STAND|HIT|RUN (assuming "|" is your command separator).

Hope that helps!
    Drayne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Drayne said:

Teani said:

@Drayne, protection amulet will also help you as a Shapeshifter!

I liked the movie "Howl's Moving Castle" so at some point I might multiclass Ascendril and wereraven :)
    The good thing about how the Shapeshifters work now is that you don't have to wait that long! Being a Shapeshifter does not take up a class slot, nor does the initial and more basic use of the class require any lessons. As you learn lessons in your primary class, you gain a percentage of this in Shapeshifting and Ferality. Meaning, if you become Transcendent in all Ascendril skills, you will have reached 36% Fabled in Shapeshifting and Ferality. The negative part here is that you do not gain anything in the third skillset, Vocalizing, which is the added affliction aspect of the class, but you can do a lot with just the basics you are given for free!

Drayne
  • Teani said:
    @Drayne, protection amulet will also help you as a Shapeshifter!
    I liked the movie "Howl's Moving Castle" so at some point I might multiclass Ascendril and wereraven :)
    The good thing about how the Shapeshifters work now is that you don't have to wait that long! Being a Shapeshifter does not take up a class slot, nor does the initial and more basic use of the class require any lessons. As you learn lessons in your primary class, you gain a percentage of this in Shapeshifting and Ferality. Meaning, if you become Transcendent in all Ascendril skills, you will have reached 36% Fabled in Shapeshifting and Ferality. The negative part here is that you do not gain anything in the third skillset, Vocalizing, which is the added affliction aspect of the class, but you can do a lot with just the basics you are given for free!
    Wow, I didn’t know that! I guess I can more or less dive straight into that then.
  • Although, it appears you have to learn the entire skillset to trans it out :_;
  • yay learning
    Lin
  • Can anyone recommend a source for a good communications window for Mudlet?
  • Drayne said:

Can anyone recommend a source for a good communications window for Mudlet?

This is super old and doesn't use GMCP, but it could be a good foundation if you know what to do to convert it.
  • I have two questions.
    Is Raest dead? Because Belmund is the only tutor I can find in the Great Oak.
    And also can somebody vaguely explain the religious stuff to me, or maybe link a post that describes everything as my character is supposed to be super religious but I'm struggling to learn everything.
    Thanks.
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Hibah said:

I have two questions.
    And also can somebody vaguely explain the religious stuff to me, or maybe link a post that describes everything as my character is supposed to be super religious but I'm struggling to learn everything.
    Thanks.

Raest did die this year during an event, and was replaced as Duiran's tutor by Belmund. Could you share where you found information about Raest being available as a tutor, so that guide can be updated? :)

Religious stuff will mean different things to different groups - what are you referring to specifically?
  • Sibatti said:

Hibah said:

I have two questions.
    Thanks.

Raest did die this year during an event, and was replaced as Duiran's tutor by Belmund. Could you share where you found information about Raest being available as a tutor, so that guide can be updated? :)

Religious stuff will mean different things to different groups - what are you referring to specifically?
    If you ask the NPCs around Duiran about finding a tutor, they'll tell you to find Raest at the Core (even if they're right next to Belmund)

In regards to my questions on religion, I was wondering if polytheism is Canon compliant. I'm part of the Congregation of Haern but my character is an Oneiromancer so would it make sense for her to worship Omei too. I know that you can only join one Congregation at a time so I thought that your character can only worship one God. Also can characters become priests/priestesses?
  • BraxBrax Immortal
    Hibah said:

If you ask the NPCs around Duiran about finding a tutor, they'll tell you to find Raest at the Core (even if they're right next to Belmund)

This was an oversight, but should be fixed on the guard front. We'll take a look at any other lingering mentions to get cleaned up as well - sorry for the confusion!
    Hibah
  • Hibah said:

In regards to my questions on religion, I was wondering if polytheism is Canon compliant. I'm part of the Congregation of Haern but my character is an Oneiromancer so would it make sense for her to worship Omei too. I know that you can only join one Congregation at a time so I thought that your character can only worship one God. Also can characters become priests/priestesses?

You can roleplay whatever you want, basically. You can only join one congregation at a time. From the congregation, at the God or their representative's discretion, you can be invited to the order. The order would be equivalent to being a priest/priestess. Keep in mind that just because you're an Oneiromancer doesn't mean you HAVE to worship Omei. Being respectful of all the Gods is considered prudent, but having to serve two masters in that form could get difficult; it's unlikely that Haern and Omei would go to war, but the possibility exists and is worth keeping in mind.

Hibah
  • 1: I've made it my business to page through the entire HELP FILE INDEX (It's been very helpful) the past few days, and have come across something I'm not sure about carrying out. After seeing that I can create my own background, learning about the Ophidians, would it be acceptable from an in-verse angle, if I worked into my character's background that one half of his heritage is Ophidian, and the other half Xoran (my character is a Xoran)? I do play a Xoran, but when I created Selukos I put a very heavy "snake" theme on him. If I made half his background origion as Ophidian, would that be to exotic to carry, or no?

2: After reading the Help File on Mentors I have become very interested in it. But how should I even go about trying to find a Mentor, if Selukos barely knows anyone in the game?