Minipet Requests

I've seen some discussions about minipets that people wish existed, and we're always on the hunt for new minipet ideas!

If there's a minipet that you wish existed in the game, let us know here, and maybe you'll see it end up in the game at some point.

OBLIGATORY DISCLAIMER: Dropping a minipet idea here does not by any means guarantee it'll actually make it into the game, or that you'll receive it.

OTHER DISCLAIMER: We also cannot help it if Tina acquires said new minipets before you do. Sorry.
Tetchta

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    I would like a miniature @Mjoll minipet thank you.

Mjoll
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I would like to formally request minipets of the following two critters.

Critter number 1: The Dik-Dik (Ideally in baby form, but either way is good)

Critter Number 2: The Pika

(No. I will not apologize for image sizes. This is for reference material for our lovely admin. Even if the names are enough for google image searches.
    Drystin
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I would love to see more city or guild specific minipets. I think it's fun to have things that are available to the faction, but also open up potential for trading. I also really like the creative minipets that aren't just tiny animals (the will-o-wisps, the plants, the tomes, etc.)

Just spitballing here...
    one of the fae of thorns in Duiran
    a tiny treant

ArchelausValorieDrystin
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I'd actually love to see more Aquatic typed minipets since they're relatively uncommon.

Starfish
    Hermit crab
    Swarm of crabs
    Pufferfish
    Baby shark. For obvious reasons. 
    Piranha 

I also love horde/swarm minipets like the horde of chicks.

Herd of guinea pigs. Or maybe even just a single guinea pig if we don't have that yet.

Magical minipets! 

Mote of living elemental air/earth/fire/water/spirit/shadow
    Evil snowman/melting snowman
    Slimes/oozes. 

More animated plants like the animated hemlock/foxglove. 

Other minipet things:

More minipets with special interactions the tea turtle and pet rock (minipet deliver) or the shop fox (minipet imprint). The octopus could be funny to have something like HUG or FACEHUG. 

More minipet accessories! The felt antlers and bunny ears were cute, and I'm kind of sad something like witch hats or devil horns didn't show up for Halloween. They're cute ways of making minipets a little more unique since you can't customize them anymore. 

ValorieRoux
  • edited November 2020
    official permission for a tiny angry mjoll
    speak idea: incomprehensible screaming
    dance idea: finding something on the floor and wearing it, then eating it
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    TetchtaAolin
  • Mjoll said:
    official permission for a tiny angry mjoll speak idea: incomprehensible screaming dance idea: finding something on the floor and wearing it, then eating it
    So... Baby Groot?
    ValorieTetchtaMjoll
    Mjoll said:

official permission for a tiny angry mjoll
    speak idea: incomprehensible screaming
    dance idea: finding something on the floor and wearing it, then eating it

This can be our hard counter to Eld Figurine Spam.

• Phoenecia said:

I'd actually love to see more Aquatic typed minipets since they're relatively uncommon.

Starfish
    Hermit crab
    Swarm of crabs
    Pufferfish
    Baby shark. For obvious reasons. 
    Piranha 

This please. Satisfy my love of fishes in one fell swoop.

Baby shark with legs. Shark puppy.

Also, more elemental creatures would be awesome. Classic 4, earth/air/fire/water, but also more spirit/shadow, or like a tiny harnessed tornado.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I want to see bees added to the minipet list and all things related to honey.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    EorosValorieDrystin
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Tetchta said:

I would like a miniature @Mjoll minipet thank you.

I actually think this idea has legs - a lot of the little pets in FFXIV are wind-up versions of existing characters. I think that could be something cool to do in Aetolia.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    SibattiTetchtaNisavi
  • I'm...gonna be that guy. If you can imagine one player taking the pet too far with horrible RP, I'm not gonna think it's a good idea. If you can honestly say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Mini wind-up Mjolls or Rhys or Benes wouldn't get abused in insulting RP, I'd love to see it in the game. Because like Rij said, they do it in 14 and it's a neat little feature.

My idea:
    Wind-up Golgatha Butler. Obvious reasons.
    Speak command gets him grumbling under his breath
    Dance has him walk off and return with drinks on a tray.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I straight up want a baby.

Not some tragedy bait, not your character's own canonical child, just a little guy to chill with. Maybe he's got a onesie that says "Azudim in Training"
    ValorieTetchtaAolin
  • Lin said:

I straight up want a baby.

Not some tragedy bait, not your character's own canonical child, just a little guy to chill with. Maybe he's got a onesie that says "Azudim in Training"

If a baby gets added, I want a dingo minipet. For reasons.
    ArchelausArdentLinSear
    Is there a tiny Eld minipet? 'cause if not there should be tiny eld minipets.

ArdentAxiusMjoll
  • ArchelausArchelaus Alaska
    edited November 2020
    I'd like more minipets linked to completing quests. To me, those sorts of pets feel more connected to the world than ones gotten through promotions. Maybe an Indyuk Villager that sells mugyik calves to honorary indyuk warriors? Or elemental pets from the Elemental Branding Ritualist?

I was also a fan of the living books sold at the barge, and would like to see more sentient inanimate objects. Maybe chests? Or vases?
    [Insert annoying gif here]
    TetchtaArdentSibattiValorieElene
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Wolpertingers.

Part of me thinks "They're already in the game", but just in case... Since I can't prod at Tina to get her to reveal if there is one or not.
    Valdas
  • Axius said:

Wolpertingers.

Part of me thinks "They're already in the game", but just in case... Since I can't prod at Tina to get her to reveal if there is one or not.

There is a jackalope, there is not a wolpertinger.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Zeheia said:

Axius said:

Wolpertingers.

That there is actually a Wolpertinger! A Jackalope does not have wings or fangs, @Zeheia! It's a very distinctive "fake" animal that was believed to have been existed thanks to taxidermists creating these hoax creatures! But they are fun critters nonetheless!
  • Axius said:

Zeheia said:

Axius said:

Wolpertingers.

That there is actually a Wolpertinger! A Jackalope does not have wings or fangs, @Zeheia! It's a very distinctive "fake" animal that was believed to have been existed thanks to taxidermists creating these hoax creatures! But they are fun critters nonetheless!
    I mean, I understand that they're the same creature in mythology. We just don't have one *called* a wolpertinger. That's why I mentioned the jackalope though! :D

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

BulrokTetchta
  • Moar Grecht minipets, like a mini tlingor -- or a mini sakaraeletus.
    ValorieTetchta
    do we have a teacup pig

• Tetchta said:

do we have a teacup pig

Nope. Only one pig minipet, and it's not that.

Tetchta
  • Do we have Ethereal Constructs from Fengard already? It would be cute to see them as mini
    SibattiArchelaus
  • Little wooden wind-up versions of each deity.
    ArchelausMaira
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited March 2021
    A babyyyyy

edit: cowards
    SibattiArchelaus
  • TiurTiur Producer
    ideas faster than medicated tiur can read

For those of you who like aquatic minipets, please now theorycraft ways for them to exist? We have fish in hamster balls filled with water, fish that float in magical orbs of water, etc. I think even one that just flops around dying in the air... but we need more ways for them to exist.

I kindof want to make clockwork minipets of players, but I always worry. You don't want to offend anyone, and also people who don't get included feel bad.
  • Can we bring back being able to customize minipets? It was so much fun. I don't mind if it cost a bit to do it!
  • Tiur said:
    ideas faster than medicated tiur can read For those of you who like aquatic minipets, please now theorycraft ways for them to exist? We have fish in hamster balls filled with water, fish that float in magical orbs of water, etc. I think even one that just flops around dying in the air... but we need more ways for them to exist. I kindof want to make clockwork minipets of players, but I always worry. You don't want to offend anyone, and also people who don't get included feel bad.
    Squid in a cooking pot, fish in a frying pan, eel on a chopping board. >_>

Lungfishes can also live outside of the water!
    Archelaus
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I formally request a bright blue viper of the sort as seen on this rose:

Sibatti
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Yes, more snakes!