Interrogating an Imp, or What a Cell in Bloodloch Looks Like

edited November 2020 in Roleplay Logs
Prequel to @Ayukazi's log, Galilei is approached by a suspicious Imp prisoner and does her best to stall, wheedle, dupe and feint.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Is that you stomping about out there?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "Perhaps."

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "FINALLY! Swear half this city just stands around mindless. Ain't got a response for DAYS."

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Look, there's been a mistake. You need to let me out."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "The location of your cell first, your reasons second."

You hear a loud, rhythmic banging, emanating from the western cells.

Gods, I need to patrol around here more.

Western prison cells.
Muffled screams can be heard from behind sealed cells along this corridor, cells in which the captives of the city are kept locked until required as slaves or experimentation subjects. The corridor opens to the south where the main cavern wall bends around, skirting the prison yard, though the way is blocked by a gate. There are 2 colossal Teradrim guards here. Humming with energy, a crystal aegis has been attuned to this location. An articulated fiend clings to the wall outside the cells, a set of keys in its grasp. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. An arachnid Chiav patroller is here, creeping about the passage silently.
You see exits leading north, east (closed iron door), south, and west (closed iron door).

Some minor spawn of the Chaos plane, this demonic fiend is a mass of ichor-oozing, scabrous flesh. A writhing hub of tentacle limbs spawn from its round body, equipped with suckers which keep it securely fastened to the wall. Several of these tentacles hold a charred iron keyring in its grip, dangling it down by the cell doors and giving it the occasional jingle. A single, humongous eye is at the center of the fiend's body somewhere, its sickly yellow sclera slit with a razor-thin pupil.
It weighs about 2 pound(s) and 13 ounce(s).

You reach out and touch a set of keys held in a fiend's grip.

You cannot pick up a set of keys held in a fiend's grip.

You locate the sound of the annoyance - constant rapping against the eastern door.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "That you out there?"

Secrecy. Secrecy. For now.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "Yes. Unfortunately I cannot access the keys to your cell - I should make that clear first."

A slit opens on the prison door, where a pair of suspicious, beady eyes stare out.

An Imp citizen prisoner says, "Look - I've been falsely arrested, alright?"

You have emoted: Galilei stoops to let her eyes meet the orphan pair, though about half a foot from the door.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "Are you sure this ought to be spoken out loud?"

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "I got nothing to hide! But maybe you're right. Get me outta here?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "While I see if there's anything I can use to do that, you could try and convince me why I should. Facts will help."

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Facts?! I was just taking a walk then these two brutes assailed me. I have RIGHTS you know."

You have emoted: For whatever reason an arachnid Chiav patroller is not yet reacting to Galilei's presence outside one particular cell. She moves away before the patroller could catch onto that, looking at the cavern floor intently as though searching for beetles.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "What sort of 'brutes'?"

You tense your muscles, extending your claws to their full, fearsome length.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Uhh. That 'statue' that stands at the West Gate all week long. And some creepy one-eyed woman walking around barefoot."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "Did they declare why they are putting you in prison? Can you remember?"

An arachnid Chiav patroller stares blankly with singleminded purpose - you not being it.

You have emoted: Galilei only allows a set of keys held in a fiend's grip a momentary glance before walking right up to a colossal Teradrim guard and peering between their feet and that of their colleague.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Because they're brutes! Told em I was just walking to the post office."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "You know." Her voice sinks an octave lower, almost mournful in tone. "Letters are very important. It can be the only way to ensure your voice is heard when the one you wish to speak with remains so silent. Not an appearance for weeks, not even a single note."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "I feel your pain. Was that letter of yours an important one?"

Now I remember.

Honestly, my Impish friend, the evidence isn't really in your favour.

At least I can try and determine who he's in league with, if any.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Yeah! I was writing to my. um. sister. Haven't seen her in years! Kind lass, like you, so great and awesome and would never leave a poor falsely accused citizen hanging in here."

This massive Teradrim guard stands several heads above the average human, dwarfing even the tallest troll, with the sizable limbs and girth to match. His body is composed of a muscular-looking slate gray stone that is relatively smooth, though tiny cracks can be seen covering the guard's body. Draped over his colossal form is a set of equally hefty links of interlocking steel chains making up a suit of splintmail, which rest without any semblance of padding or softer cloth. Displayed upon this armor is the Bloodlochian crest: an escutcheon covered in a mass of undead silhouettes, with a golden broadsword pierced through a great four-pointed crown. Though the splitmail must be substantial, if only because of its proportionate size, the guard looks utterly unencumbered by its weight and has even equipped two heavy iron bracers in addition. About his waist is a leather weaponbelt, numerous humanoid skulls attached to it in deocration. A large flail is wielded within his hands, proportionate to his size.
A colossal Teradrim guard looks weak and feeble.
He is undead.
He carries over ten weeks of survival experience.
He weighs about 375 pound(s).
He is loyal to the City of Bloodloch.

You have emoted: Galilei looks up at a colossal Teradrim guard as though just having noticed his presence, nods, and moves on with her search for the most elusive beetles. Her brow furrows in apparent annoyance in her fruitless search.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "I had a blood sister once. One I never knew. She died before I could truly get to know her." You can picture her shaking her head and letting it droop at the same time just from her voice. "I am so very sorry. Tell you what - there are a number of guards about. Rather attentive."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "I may not succeed right this very instant, but I can try. Still, it is always best to take precautions."

A colossal Teradrim guard maintains a respectful distance from you, movements practiced to ensure he does not impede you. It's clear he's had quite some experience in staying out of the way of Bloodloch's citizens who are granted the status to vote.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "Leave me your sister's name, or a way to contact her, and I shall make sure to tell her that her sibling needs to speak to her."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "In case I fail today."

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "No no no, we got no time, the creepy woman will come back, they tried to torture me you know. I have RIGHTS."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "And I will have you know that my husband has a way of yanking her chain that no-one else has. Even better: she *knows* this. It's quite a simple matter: I can look for a way to free you all I like. Fight her, too, if I must. But there is always a chance I will fail, and if I do, your message... will never be heard."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "I cannot let a sibling's cry be swallowed up so. For your own sake, you need to have a backup plan. And I am offering it. I can take your message and make sure it is heard."

Rights. Even more incriminating.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Her name is umm..."
The eyes rove desperately through the slit.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "...Aegis. Yeah."

You have emoted: Galilei claps her hands over her mouth, staring at an attuned crystal aegis.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "There, now let me out."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "My goodness. There are too many Aegises about in the city. But I must try." A scratching sound is heard, quiet but still there - a single, slender claw subtly braving the thick metal doors for sweet, eventual release. "How terrible it must be, to be caught in a dank old cell and robbed of *all* your rights."

Your pose is now set as:
Galilei has knelt by a door, fiddling in a strangely idle fashion with its metal surface.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Downright injustice! You're going to rectify that, right? Right?"

Mm, perhaps with a little help from my 'friends.'

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "I ought to try."
Scritch, scritch, tclack, scritch. "Let me not leave you with these infernal sounds while I work. Focus on my voice, and yours, when I listen - for I will listen. For you." The good thing about mental voices, they capture your attention just as well as noise would. And it's rather hard to tune the Consanguine's sincerity out, as well as her words. "This is a great wrong that has been done innocents. A wrong that ought be righted, don't you think?"

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Damn right, and I'm the innocentest of them all! Look, you're one of them important people in Bloodloch, might be they'll just let you into the cell, Yeah?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "Perhaps." Scritch, clack, clunk. "Perhaps you'd like things changed, so the innocents - and the innocentest - could have the rights to enter other cells when need demands. Perhaps - even to put some people in them!"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "Focus on that vision! On what you desire!"

It is now midnight on Falsday, the 21st of Midsummer, year 491 of the Midnight Age.
A burgeoning glow upon the western horizon briefly illuminates the night sky as the Orrery of the Spheres expels a new globe of warring essence into the valley of Scidve.

(Bloodloch): A humble bellman says, "Midnight is upon us."

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "I just wanna get outta here lady."

You have emoted: Galilei's footsteps do indeed take her to a colossal Teradrim guard, and she does indeed whisper something inaudible to onlookers.

Noting your movements, a colossal Teradrim guard lowers his massive head, listening intently.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach a colossal Teradrim guard's mind: "Are you aware of current happenings in the city? Of insurgents, incriminating posters, and freedom?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach @Jarrhn 's mind: "Jarrhn?"

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "Aye?"

(Tells): A colossal Teradrim guard tells you, "Of course, Advocate."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "The Imp you caught, the one with the button. He is attempting to escape. We could stage something for him."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach a colossal Teradrim guard's mind: "What do you make of this prisoner?"

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "Stage an escape?"

(Tells): A colossal Teradrim guard tells you, "He was carried in, unconscious, by the Chiav. He has been otherwise quiet until now."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "A false escape. I have him convinced I have bought his story, and he has suggested that I ask that the guards have me unlock the door. I have gotten little information from him save that he desires rights, which puts him in a rather suspicious light. We could pretend to be his ally, that I have turned you, and wheedle more information from him."

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "I'm unsure he'd be convinced that the man who hung him by the ankles would be willing to help him."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Ah. You were quite involved in that."

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "Aye."

Could this prisoner turn the others?

You have emoted: Galilei lets out an audible hiss, though the look she fleetingly, privately shares with a colossal Teradrim guard is far from agitated. She moves to an arachnid Chiav patroller next.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an arachnid Chiav patroller's mind: "Good Chiav, a question - a citizen simply marching in to demand a prisoner, who has been arrested on treasonous charges, to be released with no plausible reasons, would be cause for one of your station to deny that citizen, would it not?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Time for me to wrap up, in that case. This Imp has failed to convince me."

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "I'm a bit stuck..."

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "Well I was. Plantation is a nasty place."

Jarrhn arrives from the south.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Horrid. I know a friend who was stuck there once."

Jarrhn inclines his head politely to those around him.

You have emoted: Galilei is in intense, murmured conversation with an arachnid Chiav patroller, her mannerisms chosen to project the image of a wife arguing with a merchant.

An arachnid Chiav patroller shows no reaction to your inquiry, the construct steadfast in watching the caverns for unnatural activity.

You have emoted: Galilei turns in a visible huff, and conveniently 'collides' with Jarrhn, taking him down.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Best not burn any bridges - can you stage a fight with me?"

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "How do you propose that would happen?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Here. Now. We're both down."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Perhaps next time that prisoner calls for me he'll have broken further, enough to tell me something of value."

Your pose is now set as:
Galilei has fallen to a heap upon the ground.

Slightly jostled by the sudden collision, Jarrhn bounds back up to his feet before looking between the guards and the Idreth. "What's going on in here?" he asks with voice and eyebrow raised.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Get him! He's one of those brutes!"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "The statue...! I shall do my best!"

You have emoted: "N-nothing!" Galilei's arms whip out and close around Jarrhn's ankles, bodily preventing him from stepping further towards the cell. The gesture is largely unseen from the Imp's cell, though to the guards it is rather clear she has something in mind.

Peering at the Idreth as he kicks his feet loose of the grasp, Jarrhn speaks sternly, his voice echoing around the cavern. "Are you showing mercy on our prisoners again? Just going to conveniently... lose another, are you?" A sneer creeps across his face.

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "How intense are you expecting this to be?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Just enough for him to hear the struggle. I'd call Arcan, but I see her somewhere with people. Drag this on long enough for her to come?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "I can pretend to have been knocked out once she arrives."

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "I could physically kick you out of the room, if that's what you wish."

You have emoted: "Conveniently?" Galilei has left in a note of residue fright. "Nothing about this is 'convenient!'" A defiant breath, then a shout.

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "So what's the plan?"

You shout, "This Imp was trying to send a letter! To his unknown but certainly important family! He demands his RIGHTS!"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Pretend to fight, basically. Until reinforcements arrive to question him further."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach @Elene 's mind: "Once you are done, perhaps you ought to come see this."

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "I will."

(Tells): Yth tells you, "Hi."

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "Who is his unknown family?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "Did a rather shoddy job of convincing me he is innocent. I am staging a fight with Jarrhn. When you arrive, I will be 'knocked out,' but listening."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "His family is a sham, by the way. Tossed out the name of the first object he's seen, which was aegis."

Spitting on the ground in disgust, Jarrhn says with a sneer, "Rights? What of the rights of those who have been taken? And the rights of those who have been killed by his little group?" Gesturing at the cell, still out of real view of the Imp, "He was caught red handed with that button. Had to shake it off of him. Saying he was coming from the north, when he came from the west. Says he was going south, when he was looking north." Wrinkling his nose up at you in quite the display, Jarrhn says, "We don't know what he was planning!"

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "Intriguing."

You have emoted: "But his *family!* You cannot do this!" Galilei cries out. Instead of beating her fists on Jarrhn, she does so on the ground. "The dead is the dead! We must preserve the rights of those citizens who live still!"

Through a slit in the door, an Imp citizen prisoner says, "It wasn't mine you knob! Told you I found it!"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "His eyes looked rather desperately around his surroundings when he called it out. Sister Aegis."

There is a disappointing collapse of tension in the valley of Scidve as the contested essence disperses.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Hm. Best to start adding in some 'punches' about now."

Elene enters from the south, riding a rotting skeletal stallion.
She is followed by a charcoal warhound, a chestnut warhound, and a white warhound.

Your pose is now set as:
Galilei is crumpled on the floor, not yet unconscious.

Elene glances down at you, before raising an eyebrow. The woman glances at Jarrhn, and then to a colossal Teradrim guard and an arachnid Chiav patroller. "What is wrong with Galilei?"

Elene gracefully hops off of a rotting skeletal stallion.
A rotting skeletal stallion begins to follow Elene.

Turning to face the Imp's cell, Jarrhn gestures quotation marks,
"Aye, you found it. Or so you claim." Returning his gaze back to you, he says, "Sounding like one of his, I have half a mind to request that you be locked up along with him." He gives a short boot to your ribs as if to emphasise the point.

You have emoted: Galilei lets out a long, agonized shriek, driving her own fist into the ground to add in some sound, then goes still.

The new entry sends a loud squeal through the slit in the door, which is abruptly slammed shut, leaving the cell door completely closed once more.

Your pose is now set as:

Galilei has crumpled into a heap, apparently unconscious.

Flicking blood off a Carnifex's skewering bardiche, Elene's ichored lips twitch slightly, before casting her gaze over to the Imp's cell to the east. Her withered tongue slithers from the confines of her mouth, wetting her lips.

Menelaus's voice calls out in a pleasant tone, barely louder than need be, "Well fought, Spirit."

Elene ceases to wield a Carnifex's skewering bardiche, securing it to her weaponbelt.

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "Sounds like I scared him, huh."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "He was particularly terrified of you."

Her voice drifting through the cell door, Elene says, "You can't hide in there forever, citizen. I can access the prison cell, so if you want me to play nice, you better co-operate."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "He did suggest that I ask guards to let me open his cell, mind, if that wasn't just a bluff. Seemed to think citizens like us had the clout."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "I don't know what the Chiav, his minder, would say."

Nodding at Elene, Jarrhn says, "Belletrist. I walked in here and something seemed amiss." He gestures toward you.

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "Has he spoken anything of significance yet?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "Mostly he has insisted that he is the "innocentest" and that he has rights. Incendiary word nowadays, 'rights.'"

Elene glances down at you in distaste. "Is she one of them, like the citizen locked in the cell?" Her voice resounds within the prison passageways, keeping her singular gaze affixed to the door. She steps closer, before one empty hand rises, pounding upon the cell door.

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "I do hope you've clued Elene in on the plan."

No voice answers the threat through the door, though the faint sound of scrabbling feet can be heard pushing their bearer as far from the door as possible.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "He is sticking to his story that he was on a walk to the post office. To do what, if he is what we think he is? We would have the obvious answer."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "That I've done."

Rubbing his chin with his hand, Jarrhn says, "You may not want to bring the blade back for now. You know how easily he faints."

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "Perhaps he was going to the post office to send off the sample of the button to the cadre? Or was this evidence that he stumbled upon, of someone close to him being part of it, and he was sending it to the authorities."

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "I want to know if he's reporting a case to the Keeper, or if he's one of them."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "Perhaps you could remind him that the Keeper is now asleep."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "Stressing that he is incapable of coming to his aid, perhaps?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "He wasn't much of an actor. Hopefully we can learn whether his allegiances truly lie with the Keeper or not."

"I know you hear me," Elene speaks authoritatively, her words booming into the cell. "The Keeper rests, citizen. He's not able to come for your aid, even if you yell for help," she speaks, her voice lowering into almost a conspirational tone. "So if you were as innocent as you say you were, you can claim it now. If you cannot..."

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "Why did he lie about sending a letter to his family, though?"

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "That already makes him suspicious."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "He only said he was walking to the post office. I thought he might be contacting the cadre, so I asked him whether his letter was important. He went with it, told me he was writing to his sister in a rather sudden fashion, emphasizing that he was, once again, falsely accused while blatantly flattering me."

(Bloodloch): A humble bellman says, "The curse of dawn approaches."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "I attempted to learn the name of this 'sister' and how to reach her. He would not tell."

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "Hm. Does he trust you more than he trusts Jarrhn or..? Well, he won't trust me. He's scared of me."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "Yes, I have to say he does. I cannot say if he would contact me again, seeing as I agreed to do my best to take you two down, and have failed."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "Ah. I ought to tell you I tried to bait him into revealing his intentions. Suggested he might like things changed to help the innocents and perhaps take revenge on others. He only said he wanted out."

It is as if silence is the only answer that Elene's met with. The woman narrows her gaze and then turns swiftly upon her heel, followed after by a white warhound, chestnut warhounds, and a charcoal warhound. "I won't warn you again, Imp. I will grant you a week to think in the cell. If you fail to produce a satisfactory answer by then, you die next week."

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "I'm going to leave, and I'll hope he opens up to you after."

Elene leaves to the south.
She is followed by a charcoal warhound, a chestnut warhound, a rotting skeletal stallion, and a
white warhound.

(Tells): An uneasy sense of emotion hedges into your mind as the throaty whisper of Elene imparts, "Or Jarrhn."

It is now dawn on Falsday, the 21st of Midsummer, year 491 of the Midnight Age.
The loud and powerful toll of a bell fills the air with tension, as city watchmen signal the coming of dawn.

I certainly hope he will.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "SEE how they treat an INNOCENT."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "I certainly hope he will."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Perhaps it's time you dragged me off, hmm."

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "You don't wish to remain and try to get him to speak?"

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "I was going to take my leave and let you try."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Do you think it will work?" The question is honest. "I could try again, I suppose."

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "I believe it's possibly the best chance. He'll be shaken up by Elene's visit. And you'll have earned a sympathetic ear."

Watching the Belletrist turn heel and storm off, Jarrhn says to the guards, "Keep these two in your watch." He looks toward the arachnid Chiav patroller, "And you, keep safe."

You have emoted: Galilei is still, for the moment, very still. It's not certain whether she could hear anyone, but it's clear she is in no state to fight Jarrhn back, at all.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Then I can make another attempt."

With a final salute, Jarrhn turns and walks away.

Jarrhn leaves to the south.

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "Good luck."

You have emoted: A faint groan from Galilei, and a whispered, "I'm sorry..." toward the slitted door.

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Are they gone? Can you let me out now?"

You have emoted: From the sound, Galilei is dragging herself toward the door, the movements laboured and laced with groans of anguish.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "Bastards... the guards... they did nothing..."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach an Imp citizen prisoner's mind: "You had... a letter to send... did you say... you needed the Keeper's help...?"

(Tells): An Imp citizen prisoner tells you, "Huh? Le - oh yeah, letter. Post office. Yeah very important. Let me out now?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "Only goes about needing to be let out, this one. Not a peep about the Keeper."
(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Only goes about needing to be let out, this one. Not a peep about the Keeper."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "I could let him out, if you and other citizens are ready to ambush or at the very least tail him."
(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "I could let him out, if you and other citizens are ready to ambush or at the very least tail him."

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "Won't reveal the urgency?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "Come to think of it, he's forgotten he's even needed to send any letters but will insist on the post office as his destination."
(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Jarrhn's mind: "Come to think of it,he's forgotten he's even needed to send any letters but will insist on the post office as his destination."

Saltz's voice resonates across the land, "Belated, good fight."

(Tells): Jarrhn tells you, "May need to find someone less involved in his capture so he doesn't get spooked immediately."

You have emoted: "Trying..." Galilei groans, her voice now faint. "What - did he do to me...? Have - to - Gods..."

Would he blurt out why he needs to go if a failed escape becomes a real possibility?

Watching the charade, a colossal Teradrim guard stomps over to stand beside you. He stoops down.

(Tells): A colossal Teradrim guard tells you, "I could 'lock' you in there with him."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach a colossal Teradrim guard's mind: "Make it convincing."

If I was thirsting, the answer would have been simple as to what to do with this Imp... but no.

At a gruff gesture from a colossal Teradrim guard, the fiend slithers across the walls. It inserts a key into the cell door, pulling the door open.

Don't dash out, don't dash out, don't dash out, don't dash out -

A colossal Teradrim guard fills the entirety of the space created, his massive form blocking any potential exit. He roughly reaches down, seizing you before tossing you into the cell.

You are unceremoniously thrown into the cell.

A bare, stone-walled cell.
Streaks of filth stain the granite walls of this bare chamber, unfurnished save for a low cot shoved into one corner as an apparent afterthought. One wall is little more than a set of rusted iron bars set with a huge square lock, and a single barred window allows dim, flickering light in from the city's center. A heavy, musty scent permeates the room, its undertone faintly bitter with old dirt and the memory of unwashed bodies. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A glowing red flame-shaped sigil has been left here. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. Sitting glumly on the floor, an Imp citizen prisoner is here.
You see a single exit leading west (open iron door).

You have emoted: Galilei remains crumpled where she has been cast down, her voice a pained and creaking whisper, "Not even the guards want to help."

This cloaked figure has no defining features.
An Imp citizen prisoner looks weak and feeble.
He is undead.
He carries four weeks of survival experience.

The cell door slams shut.

Shite, this one is undead too. At least he isn't Consanguine.
Ayukazi

Comments

• Sitting against the corner furthest from the door, an Imp citizen prisoner lets out a squeal of distress as you are deposited into the cell. "You're the worst confidant ever," he accuses, eyes moving desperately to the closed door before settling back upon you. "Now how are you going to let me out?!"

You have emoted: "I don't know - " Galilei clutches her chest with a hand, face contorted in pain. "Do - do you have anything... paper... ink... anything of use on you...?"

Faintly, you say, "Gods, if only you had... that button... if it has a pin behind it... we could pick the lock..."

"Stupid brutes practically cavity searched me,"
    an Imp citizen prisoner replies. The mention of the button freezes him for a second. "Creepy woman took it from me. And it wasn't mine. I found it."

You have emoted: "Are... you glad...?" Galilei's face meets the floor of the cell, and she lies there, one cheek smushed to the ground. "That button... is gone, at least...? Too many people making... a fuss... no-one will say why..."

An Imp citizen prisoner huffs, slumping dejectedly further into the wall. "Glad? I'll be glad when I'm outta here." The Imp carefully studies you, noting your seemingly defeated state.

You have emoted: Galilei does indeed appear odd. The bloody mist at her back pulses as though in anticipation of something, more and more droplets rising into the air - straight from her body. Perhaps it is edging closer to crumbling?

Faintly, you say, "Where... did you even... find that... damn button...?"

"Market. Or library. Can't remember,"
    an Imp citizen prisoner says distractedly, pushing himself closer to you. He pokes pointedly at your arm. "You okay there?" The Imp doesn't sound particularly concerned.

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "He claims he found the badge at the market, or the library. There was a tunnel at the former. Perhaps the latter ought to be checked."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Elene's mind: "Pardon. Button."

You have emoted: Even more droplets of blood rise at the impact, and Galilei's face once again contorts. "I... don't know..."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Ayukazi's mind: "Lady Chaplain?"

(Tells): In soft, clicking whispers that are reminiscent of tapping mandibles, @Ayukazi hisses against your mind, "Yes?"

What am I hoping to accomplish by bringing her in?

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Ayukazi's mind: "You have not interacted with the Imp prisoner with the suspicious button, yes? I have gained access to his cell by faking getting beaten, fighting for his freedom. I am seeing to gain trust and further information, and I am not learning much."

(Tells): In soft, clicking whispers that are reminiscent of tapping mandibles, Ayukazi hisses against your mind, "Are they alert?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Ayukazi's mind: "Yes. I am beginning to think letting him out may be the only way to gaining insight - he will not be baited by anything subtle, and my cover I need to put in effort to maintain."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Ayukazi's mind: "As long as someone may tail him, able to apprehend should he break away and attempt something..."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Ayukazi's mind: "Someone who is an unknown to him, such as yourself."

Seemingly emboldened by your lack of reaction, an Imp citizen prisoner's eyes the various accoutrements and valuables upon your fallen form. "Really did a number on you, eh?" he asks, almost cheerful, patting your cheek in 'commiseration'. His hands slide down with practiced movement afterwards, smoothly unlatching and palming an earring.

(Tells): In soft, clicking whispers that are reminiscent of tapping mandibles, Ayukazi hisses against your mind, "Mmm. So you wish that I do not interact with him, but be on call to follow?"

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Ayukazi's mind: "That you retrieve us both as Chaplain - this one is a thief."

You have emoted: Looking greatly pained, Galilei lifts a hand to let it rest on the Imp's knee. Her claws, still extended, catch upon the cloak he wears, the weight of her hand cold, heavy, and sudden.

Galilei has had the foresight to keep her left hand hidden beneath herself, and she lets out another groan.
    "I'm calling... someone for help..."

(Tells): In soft, clicking whispers that are reminiscent of tapping mandibles, Ayukazi hisses against your mind, "I will come to you, then."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Ayukazi's mind: "Please retrieve us both, follow him, and be prepared to apprehend."

"Such a shame what they've done to this city," an Imp citizen prisoner continues, pocketing his ill-gotten prize. "Such weakn - ". your announcement causes the Imp to try to scoot back; but, held as he is, he doesn't get very far. "Who are you calling?" he asks suspiciously.

You have emoted: "My superior," Galilei breathes. "A person of... of reason... and authority..."

It is now noon on Falsday, the 21st of Midsummer, year 491 of the Midnight Age.

(Bloodloch): A humble bellman says, "Noon is upon us - get to the shadows."

You have emoted: Galilei whispers, "We will both be free. We have to be."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Ayukazi's mind: "He is in league with them. I leave it to your discretion whether to keep him alive for questioning."

(Tells): In soft, clicking whispers that are reminiscent of tapping mandibles, Ayukazi hisses against your mind, "You will have to let me in."

You hear the door to the west being unlocked.

The door to the west is opened from the other side.
    Ayukazi arrives from the west.

Ayukazi wraps her tail around a flame-shaped sigil and retrieves it.

You have emoted: "Lady Chaplain - " Galilei looks up, half her own blood supply hanging as mist. "I knew you'd come! Such - madness... such... weakness, to capture innocents like this... Please, take us someplace safe..."

(Tells): On tendrils of air, you let your velvety voice reach Ayukazi's mind: "His words. Weakness inflicted to the city. A sympathizer, if not a member."

Ayukazi tilts her head towards an Imp citizen prisoner. "Are you the one that was calling for the Keeper?"

As soon as the door opens, an Imp citizen prisoner attempts to make a bolt for it - and is promptly spent spinning by your grasp upon him, twirling about to fall on the ground with an 'oof'. An earring pops out of his cloak, rolling along the ground.
    TetchtaAyukazi
  • Creepy, one-eyed woman. >:[
  • Walking around barefoot.
    Elene
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent

Galilei
  • Gali being all convincing, and the Imp steals her jewelry. How dare!