Announce post #3138: October Promotion P1

10/2/2020 at 19:59
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
October Promotion P1

Happy October!

This month we're bringing you the Wheel... but not really. Actually I'm a little sick and having trouble bringing you the REAL October wheel promotion. But we're 50% there!

For now you may buy skull tokens and play with the wheel as normal (no lottery though).

Free spins for an hour online each day, of course! All the Wheels work like that. But the Wheel at NoT? It remembers being something MORE...

Between Dusk and Dawn, if you haven't used up your free spin already, you may spin the Old Wheel. It is not nice. It might kill you. It might steal a level. It could unleash monsters, give you afflictions, even STEAL YOUR SKILLPOINTS. But it also does the opposite of all those things! Sure, the tamer Wheel does some of those nice things too... but not as well! And could the old wheel give you an entire level? I didn't think so. Well.. it could also take one, but still.

The real promo will take me another day or two, and it will use the skull tokens for similar things, just very much more October.

-T

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 20th of Niuran, in the year 490 MA.
TaiyangOonagh

Comments

• Any chance we can get the odds for the wheels?
  • I'll second the request for odds and see if this ever materialized/will materialize:
    The real promo will take me another day or two, and it will use the skull tokens for similar things, just very much more October.

Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I'm working on it! I managed to.. well, fail pretty horribly. For the curious, the intention was a sort of artifact modify thing. But I was half done when I realized that 80% of you keep multiple powers on the same artifact, so I can't modify it fairly. It would have preferentially favored people with tons of powers on one item, and that's not fair! So I burned it down and have been furiously recoding.

The wheel... the outer wheel is nominally 8% artifact, 14% chest, 14% relic, 35% item, 15% credits, 15% lessons. I round a lot there, so I think 101% shows up. Anyway, that's technically true for large numbers of spins. Technically speaking, you get three spins on the outer wheel, but it's the full odds each go, so there's no difference each time... but there also is a difference, because you can choose when to stop. It gets into a weird probability thing that I solved when I made it and now don't want to think about too hard.
    SeurimasAxius
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    any chance of us at least getting a freebie token from the silver/gold keystones for the month before the event ends? I know there's only one week left in the month.. but I imagine a lot of us would enjoy the chance for the free premium wheel spin via our silver/gold keystones!
  • While not as huge as the vial and pocketbelt object number reduction from the introduction of the caches, I'm sure power stacking has saved on a large volume of artifact objects in the system.

I remember when we hit the object limit when I was in the pools in Imperian - some really weird unicorns started happening with new item generation. Good for a laugh afterwards though 😜

/End_old_man_story
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited October 2020
    this is something I noticed the other day, and it's been nagging at me, especially as I just noticed 'em sitting in my ironcoin total. I understand that the wheel's supposed to give out these, and these are supposed to be kinda rare... but why the heck is it -ONE- Iron Coin? There's nothing for sale in the ironcoin section of the artifact shop that's available for less than 3 iron coins. Much less 1 iron coin... is the wheel -supposed- to give only a SINGLE Iron Coin? 'cause if so... I think I'd rather that be taken out entirely as an option.. or looked at upping to maybe 3, if not closer to 5 iron coins. At least at 3, you feel like you have a chance at piling those into something else, or at 5, it's an even number you can put towards something.
    Archelaus
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I could be wrong, but I think there used to be a physical iron coin object and the wheel gave one of those which you could then bind for something like 5-10 iron coins?
  • TiurTiur Producer
    No clue, I wasn't here for it, and the code just said "1 iron coin" in it. Also, it's free, c'mon.
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I appreciate that it's free.. but imagine walking into a place like Chuck E Cheeses, and being told "here ya go!" and handed a single token.. but when you go to look around, literally every machine requires at least five tokens to play anything. You'd get a little frustrated, wouldn't you? I'm not trying to crap on ya my dude, it's just.. it just ends up leaving me feeling bad for rolling the wheel and getting something that I'm gonna have sitting in my currency section of my score.
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited October 2020
    Axius said:

I appreciate that it's free.. but imagine walking into a place like Chuck E Cheeses, and being told "here ya go!" and handed a single token.. but when you go to look around, literally every machine requires at least five tokens to play anything. You'd get a little frustrated, wouldn't you? I'm not trying to crap on ya my dude, it's just.. it just ends up leaving me feeling bad for rolling the wheel and getting something that I'm gonna have sitting in my currency section of my score.

Iron Coins currently available for purchase:
    3 Iron Coins at 20000 gold per coin.
    40 Iron Coins at 24000 gold per coin.
    43 Iron Coins at 25000 gold per coin.
    1 Iron Coins at 90000 gold per coin.
    50 Iron Coins at 120000 gold per coin.
    Use IRONCOINS BUY AT GOLD to purchase.
    That's literally a free 20,000+ gold? I mean? Iron coins are expensive and rare hahahaha. Getting five for free would be insane.

• AxiusAxius where I am
    Tetchta said:

Axius said:

Iron Coins currently available for purchase:
    3 Iron Coins at 20000 gold per coin.
    40 Iron Coins at 24000 gold per coin.
    43 Iron Coins at 25000 gold per coin.
    1 Iron Coins at 90000 gold per coin.
    50 Iron Coins at 120000 gold per coin.
    Use IRONCOINS BUY AT GOLD to purchase.
    That's literally a free 20,000+ gold? I mean? Iron coins are expensive and rare hahahaha. Getting five for free would be insane.
    If it were unbound? Absolutely. They're bound on acquisition.