Possibly Coming from another IRE game

I'm thinking about retiring a character from another IRE game and coming here, but before I make the final decision I wanted to ask a few questions.

1. I've made this Indorani and I'll probably stick with it as I'm somewhat familiar with the Occultists in Achaea and this is pretty close. If there's any big differences that I'm missing (other than Necromancy instead of Occultism) could someone let me know?
2. I should have enough retirement credits to trans everything I want and still have around 2500 left over. For some hunting and probably just moderate PvP would a SoA, your version of the artifact that cuts your eq (sorry I can't remember the name right now) what else might be good for someone who's interested in both of those things but don't care if he's not the top tier class in either of them? A long time ago, I had a torc of telepathy. I loved that thing. That one is tempting.
3. That said, while I don't care if I'm in the most OP class at the moment, but I don't really want to have a class that's horrible at bashing and PVP no matter what I do either. Am I safe with this class?
4. Probably most importantly for me, how is the RP? It's my favorite part of these games.

Thank you!

Comments

• 2- don't buy a torc, it's not anywhere near worth it until you've got plenty of other artifacts. artifact shield, stat artifacts, artifact deck for free cards.
    3- Indorani is pretty garbage for bashing, it's slow and clunky. The PvP side is much better.
    Shinyu
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Shinyu said:

I'm thinking about retiring a character from another IRE game and coming here, but before I make the final decision I wanted to ask a few questions.

1. I've made this Indorani and I'll probably stick with it as I'm somewhat familiar with the Occultists in Achaea and this is pretty close. If there's any big differences that I'm missing (other than Necromancy instead of Occultism) could someone let me know?
    2. I should have enough retirement credits to trans everything I want and still have around 2500 left over. For some hunting and probably just moderate PvP would a SoA, your version of the artifact that cuts your eq (sorry I can't remember the name right now) what else might be good for someone who's interested in both of those things but don't care if he's not the top tier class in either of them? A long time ago, I had a torc of telepathy. I loved that thing. That one is tempting.
    3. That said, while I don't care if I'm in the most OP class at the moment, but I don't really want to have a class that's horrible at bashing and PVP no matter what I do either. Am I safe with this class?
    4. Probably most importantly for me, how is the RP? It's my favorite part of these games.

Thank you!

1. You made me giggle a bit. Achaea Occultists used to have Necromancy too. So it's actually closer to what old Occultists were! The bigger difference is in Domination, the minions don't all do the same thing.

2. We do artifact shields, but there's no SoA outside of auctions.

3. Most opinions about bashing are based on survivability. They've all been pushed to a similar amount of damage output, but some classes just deal with damage/afflictions better. We're working on it! I don't think Indorani are bad or good.

4. RP is a must. I know IRE players all call their game the RP-IRE, but WE'RE the RP-IRE, hah
    Shinyu
  • Thank you!
  • I'll echo Stine about Indorani bashing, it's mediocre and you don't have much utility tools to help you deal with the damage betters.

I'll also warn you that Indorani is a guildless class, which means that once you finish your city academy tasks, it doesn't automatically put you into a guild. If you're in Bloodloch, we have some CHELPs for novices that can start you off with what you're expected to learn, but aside from that if you're looking for some guild RP you might have to wait until you get a free class slot to join one. 
  • Thank you, Elene. I'd be pretty much a newb here, so I don't want to start out without a guild I don't think. How is archivist? It looks interesting, but I can't find a ton of information on it. I'm not even sure if eq/bal is important. I know int is.
  • edited October 2020
    Archivists has Numerology, Geometrics, and Bioessence. You can look at the AB skillsets if you want, and HELP STATS for Archivists. They use Crux in Geometrics, which is int based and eq based, for their bashing skill. Most of the utility skills for bashing are in Numerology and Bioessence.

Numerology Link helps with tankiness, in that it mitigates some of the damage you take by splitting a % portion of damage received by draining some of your mana. Numerology Dilation doubles the effects of the stars on your stats for a short period of time. On good days, if the stars affect your int and con positively, being able to double its effect for free is big.

Bioessence skills are based on the amount of bio energy you have for usage at any point of time. Bioessence Ameliorate gives you passive affliction healing which ticks every few seconds, so if you're killing things that afflict, this helps. Bioessence Stimulant reduces the time taken to recovery your equilibrium, which means faster bashing. Bioessence Knitting gives you healing over a short period of time, immensely useful for emergency health.
  • Thank you again! I think I'm going to try this. I can keep the same character, it sounds fun, and I don't have the time I used to to try to learn everything in a new mud without the help of a good guild.