Mirror classes

Comments

• Oonagh said:

Sentinel - Dragonhunters

Dhuriv - Windlances
    Woodlore - Dragonlore
    Tracking - Strategies

Hailing from the Dehkay Plateau, the Grecht brought with them to the flatlands the teachings of the great hunters of the Northern continent. Equipped with air imbued spears, known as windlances, a blessing of the Sun Drinker, these explorers know the lands as well as they do the skies above. Able to strike out at their enemies with great force, these hunters utilise dragonlore to make pacts with the Dragonkin to call allies in whelps, wyrms and wyverns in the name of battle. Also with their many strategies in battle, utlising traps, the surroundings and otherwise around them to their advantage, honing crossbows and plant based resins in battle.

((Windlances created with a stone purchased in Dehkay, instead of obsidian, but collect a staff and have it crafted and blessed by a priest of Tanixalthas))

You wouldnt have to really change much aside from attack messages in Dhuriv or in Tracking honestly.
    Just making them more thematic...and honestly even woodlore, but you could add some flavour.

I can't believe I have to go Dragonhunter now -- ironic if Dragon-Kin pick it up. I'm Dragon huntin' another Dragon.
  • You'd be doing it in service of the one -true- dragon. Slaying the pretenders and weaklings.
    BorminchiaTeaniOonaghNisavi
  • IM GOING TO DO A THING AND DIRECT PEOPLE HERE.....

https://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/417/fallen-and-alchemist-previews/p1

THAT IS ALL
    Hawa
  • edited July 2020
    Archivists seemed like one of the trickier ones to try and convert, since the lore behind Numerology in particular is so deep (and awesome), and very tied into how the skills themselves actually work. The constraints of needing to contemplate certain combinations of numbers to get the effects you want seemed like a fun challenge to turn into something else. I wanted to take a stab at it!

-------

Archivists : Prophets
    While Archivists utilize the Spheres as a means by which to carry out their will, Prophets do so through faith and devout worship to the Gods that enable those among Spirit to continue their existence. Where the Ascendril serve as scholars of the elements, Prophets are scholars of the Gods, tasked with keeping alive the history of Their rise and fall, interpretation of Their ways, and assisting in the call to spread Their influence to the nonbelievers that would turn Them away.

Geometrics: Symbols
    Utilize the holy symbols held in high regard by the Divine to wreak havoc upon your foes.

Numerology: Prayer
    The Gods of the pantheon shall hear the words of the most devout and reward them for their service.

Bioessence: Prophecy
    A mixture of prayer and devotion can allow a Prophet to toy with the strings of fate, bending them to their will to bring powerful prophecies to life.

-------

Prayer: Devotionals paid to the Gods of the Spirit Pantheon can help manifest realities one could typically only dream of. The most devout can channel their prayers simultaneously to different Gods of the pantheon to reap even more powerful abilities to assist in their fight for Spirit.

Yuef -> Damariel, He molds and assists His to free themselves from their chains and better themselves
    Ef'tig -> Haern, the relationship between hunter and prey is the most basic of pairs
    Rafic -> Omei, the embodiment of place, walking the void between dreaming and wakefulness
    Jherza -> Ethne, Her fires can cleanse and heal, or burn and destroy, effecting physical states
    Yi -> Slyphe, the representation of Change, and the mysteries of the limitless forms it can take
    Jhako -> Dhar, He assists in the balance between life and death, without Him, the Cycle would crumble
    Lgakt -> Varian, Mortals are not typically privy to His rationale and machinations, but the potential is always present

Skills would then follow suit:

Anchor: Prayers to Omei will anchor your waking mind upon the Primordial (Fix)
    Destroy: Prayers to Ethne will burn an object from existence. (Collapse)
    Clarity: Prayers to Damariel will allow you sight into that which holds you back (Oneness)

etc. etc.

-------

Symbols: The Gods choose Their symbols for their relevance to Them, which by extension offers these things power. Intimate knowledge of these symbols can allow a Prophet to awaken the latent power held within them. Each Prophet carries a tome depicting a variety of these symbols.

Shapes become things like:

Firefly
    Moth
    Chain
    Hourglass
    Forge
    Bear
    Trident

Invoking these symbols will deliver their effects onto your target.

INVOKE MOTH - Call upon the symbol of the Moth to strain your target's psyche as the distinction between what's real and what isn't blurs. (Crux)

-------

Prophecy: Their faith to all things holy allows a Prophet to weave the strings of fate to their liking, foretelling triumphs and omens alike.

Where in Bioessence you're creating mutagens that'll plague people over time, Prophecy allows you to create.. well, prophecies. This is a taxing process however, and only a heretic would push their limits beyond that which is already deemed skirting upon the powers of Godhood.

PROPHECY NEW (Create a new prophecy)
    PROPHECY LIST (List your prophecies)
    PROPHECY DELIVERY (Choose how your prophecy will be delivered)
    PROPHECY EFFECT (Choose what your prophecy will foretell)
    PROPHECY COMPLETE (Ready a prophecy for delivery)
    PROPHECY DELETE (Dispel the existence of a prophecy)
    PROPHECY END (Call a prophecy to an end before completion)

Skills would be based upon foreseeing boons to yourself or delivering prophecies to your enemies.

Strength - Foresee a burst of strength empowering your limbs (Steroid)
    Mindfulness - Call to fruition a prophecy to ease the weary mind (Stimulant)

Prophecy effects:

Sadness - Weave tales of a grim future awaiting your subject (Depressant)
    Lethargic - Ensure your subject is aware of their impending lethargy (Somnolent)
    Atrophy - Your target is destined to grow weary, they just don't know it yet (Atrophic)

Deliveries:

Persistent - Force them to relive the fate you've made for them repeatedly (Chronic)
    Escalating - Lure them into thinking their fate is not so bad - until it is (Virulent)
    Evolving - The faintest touch will allow fate to forge its own path under your guidance (Morphic)

GalileiOonaghRhineNaos
  • YES PLEASE
  • Given my excitement for the Dragonhunter mock-up, this may sound hypocritical, but I think I'm one of the few players who doesn't want more classes explicitly tied to gods.
    MacavityStineOonaghSeurimasArdentLin
  • Iazamat said:

Given my excitement for the Dragonhunter mock-up, this may sound hypocritical, but I think I'm one of the few players who doesn't want more classes explicitly tied to gods.

I mean I do get the logic in that, unless it can be any gods, and not just those associated with a "tether"
    Cause like...bleh.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I would have thought that the Ascendril would have been a good fit for mirror-Archi as they're typically regarded as the 'science' (and I use this term loosely) guild in Spirit. Rather than using the Gods, could it not be a contemplation of the elements instead. Contemplating/mixing fire and water together produces steam which could be used for an effect etc.
    RhineOonaghAloli
  • edited July 2020
    Well then.....it has been a while.

A sect of former Nazetu Indorani were cleansed by the flame after the War of Night, when the Arqeshi were born they found settlement in the rich farmland of Jaru, just outside the walls of the gilded City. It was there the former profession of the Occult found an unlikely partner in animal husbandry. With knowledge of former pacts to the chaos lords, it was then that they saw their strengths amidst the animals ( @Rijetta says only ducks) , the fields, and the faith in the blessings of Renewal.

Shadow - Spirit
    Indorani - Farmhands

Necromancy - Renewal
    Tarot - Seeds
    Domination - Husbandry

Also I am told there has to be a skill called Quackophony if it is all ducks.

Golgotha/Pit Equivalent options
    A skill called Farmageddon - Where you get sent into "An old barn" and have to face off against an unruly farmhand and his rabid animals.
    Conjuring a pond of ill-tempered ducks, and you have to find the bread.

I am on board for ducks.
    SO MANY OPTIONS.
    RijettaStineDarimHawaEscelikaGalileiGavramel
  • Oonagh said:

Well then.....it has been a while.

A sect of former Nazetu Indorani were cleansed by the flame after the War of Night, when the Arqeshi were born they found settlement in the rich farmland of Jaru, just outside the walls of the gilded City. It was there the former profession of the Occult found an unlikely partner in animal husbandry. With knowledge of former pacts to the chaos lords, it was then that they saw their strengths amidst the animals ( @Rijetta says only ducks) , the fields, and the faith in the blessings of Renewal.

Shadow - Spirit
    Indorani - Farmhands

Necromancy - Renewal
    Tarot - Seeds
    Domination - Husbandry

Also I am told there has to be a skill called Quackophony if it is all ducks.

Golgotha/Pit Equivalent options
    A skill called Farmageddon - Where you get sent into "An old barn" and have to face off against an unruly farmhand and his rabid animals.
    Conjuring a pond of ill-tempered ducks, and you have to find the bread.

I am on board for ducks.
    SO MANY OPTIONS.

I see the parallels...
    OonaghHawaEnsisDarim
  • I am inspired by @Oonagh and his flavorful ideas, so I took a crack.

My idea for Carnifex Mirror - > Crusaders

(I want to do the same for Templar - > Shadow as well, still trying to figure out a few things. I loves me knight classes!

Idea being that instead of 'Stealing' souls, they are Redeeming them to be freed to the Underhalls. They are doing this with the Spirit Energy granted by the Spirit Plane, who think them nasty 'ol Fex trying to murderlize the Duamvi is not cool!

Warhound replacement being Spirit-infused Phoenix creatures. Up in the air, could be Doggos still, certainly.

Summary:
    Upon the news that the Carnifex were actively seeking to destroy the Duamvi bonded to those of the physical realm, the Spirit Plane reached out to the warriors of the Light to create a response to the threat. Taking a firmer stance on fighting back, the Crusaders were born - Infused with the allied entities of the Spiritbound, they harness Spirit abilities to pass Redemption upon those who seek to harm the Duamvi, and their spirited Crusading will purge the corrupt souls of the realm.

Terminology change/item change:
    As the Crusaders are out to protect the Duamvi and redeem the souls of those wicked - freeing them to revel in the Underhalls, rather than a soulstone to 'trap' the souls of those they attack, they instead have a Spirit Ankh, a physical bonding between the Underhalls and the Spirit plane. This Spirit Ankh allows the Crusader to redeem the wickedness from souls, or free those trapped to be freely returned to the Underhalls. Rather than keeping a maximum amount of souls trapped, the Crusader has a maximum amount of spirit energy stored in their Spirit Ankh for cleansing and redeeming lost and corrupt souls.

Anything highlighted in Neon Green is to indicate it's a reskin, otherwise, if it isn't highlighted I didn't change the wording because I felt it was fine either way.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmGLiWGPy_s5IhCE780au2TEr7KufgWD5LbWwxX4RsM/edit?usp=sharing

NOBODY EXPECTS THE AETOLIAN INQUISITION!
    OonaghDrystinEladrian
  • And I decided to go ahead and crunch something out for Templar Mirror too!

With the skillsets currently, there doesn't seem like there's a TON of re-flavoring, because the names of the abilities are nearly generic as it is in most cases.

But I give you the Shadow version of Templar....the SLAYERS.

Summary:
    The secrets of the Slayers were revealed from within the Shamtota Hills when a massive leyline was forcibly burst, revealing the once hidden Hall of Slayers. Once the deadly mercenaries of the Ankyreans, upon the end of the war and the creation of the Grand Artifice the secret ylem magicks of the Slayers was lost until now. Utilizing forgotten magicks of Incanti, the Slayers insatiable Bloodlust is further enhanced by their Defiance against law and order. Their talents are known to few, as their victims rarely escape with their lives. They show no mercy in their slaughter, the thrill of the kill their only desire. Chaos is their ally, weakness their enemy.

As with my other, anything highlighted in Neon Green is to indicate a reskin, otherwise unchanged.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dEEhI2LEVGGygUeqYtvS73tc53sRCaoFccWP_6Vl4m8/edit?usp=sharing

LET THE BLOOD FLOW!
    Oonagh
  • Not an active player, although I'm thinking of giving Aetolia a shot again soon, but reading all of this, I'm super excited by the possibilities of mirror classes.

In regard to Spirit Carnifexes, I wanna second the Falconry suggestion made by @Phoenecia earlier in this thread. I also really like the suggestion made by @Benedicto that they use glaives (although maybe that would be too similar to dhurives). I also think bastard swords could be a cool option (since the impression I got previously is that they don't see much use in PVP due to Templars tending to dual-wield). I guess what I'm most trying to drive at, though, is that I think their weapons of choice should be distinct from an actual Carnifex's to reinforce the difference in lore/aesthetic.
  • suffer with the two pole arms and two hammer choices >:T
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    EladrianArdent
  • White court vampire, please.
    Darim
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited August 2020
    Mirror classes Soon (TM).

Read as never. 

Darim
  • Mjoll said:

suffer with the two pole arms and two hammer choices >:T

Carni really should be able to use all the 2 handers imo. They should also get an exclusive 'improvised bludgeoning weapon' option. Like just..a big plank of wood.

Mjoll swings a 2x4 from Home Depot at your left leg in a deafening CRUNCH!
    MjollTeaniEladrian
  • I'm here for 2x4 shenanigans
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    Eladrian
  • You could say Mjoll is ... walking tall.
    MjollEladrian
  • Honestly, wanting to bump this....

We as the players have offered assistance with writing messages, a plethora of insight.....the content this year has been....
    *shrug emoji*

I think this would really spice up the fact that 2020 as a whole has sucked for everyone, and with the changes to classleaders, stagnant feeling amongst the players, and desire for something new, exciting, involved....honestly I just want to have something to distract myself for a bit and dive into head first for a while again.

Whilst I know there are many projects going on and lots of reasons we don't want to necessarily "obligate" people to complete.
    This one would not be terribly difficult to attain even if it was a singular class for both sides, or just a start.

Can we get a heads up if this is even being processed or if it was just a discussion, cause I think many want to know.
    IazamatNaosGalileiMazzionDrystinRhine
  • edited September 2020
    ...and before its answered.
    I honestly dont think anyone wants to hear year 490 as the response for content being produced.

It has no reflection on the story and is primarily already coded stuff being taken off a shelf for use again.
    Save for maybe some minipets and toys....which I mean is fine.....but its not really content, its the aetolia equivalent of the state fair.
    IazamatNaosGalileiMazzionDrystinLinRhine
  • The lack of a decent response to just about everything that isn't directly related to a current promotion is pretty discouraging. Especially with something like mirror classes which clearly has drawn a lot of player interest.

A timely response when questions are asked, sheesh ANY response would keep your customers interested. Just converse with your players, compliment the ideas put forth so far, or even criticize them. I'm not sure what the long term plan is with the crickets, but generally when a business ignores its customers, they go elsewhere.

Give that froggo an answer please. Many of us would like to hear an update. Thanks in advance. 
    OonaghGalileiNaosIazamatTeaniRhine
  • It is obvious that the current goals of this administration aren't content and instead picking more money out of our pockets.
    Honestly I would take Galleus back at this point, im sorry @Tiur but you are running this game into the ground, for players and volunteers alike. I know you will say that in the end its just people lashing out at you and circumstantial, but the things you dont see watching our webs and clans is the fact that a good chunk of your playerbase is tired of empty promises and lacking communication.

Truth be told, I know you will shut down this thread like the many others which have demonstrated any form of dissent towards your leadership abilities, but maybe instead of silencing us constantly you try listening to us, instead of being the victim.

Honestly,
    How many times can you reskin a giftbag and how many months in a row can you make a gambling for a prize promo.

I think it's four in a row?

Content....your poor volunteers carrying you on their back and taking the blame for everything.

And everytime you do something its almost a meme of you saying @Razmael made me do it.
    How about you do it, if Razmael is doing everything why isnt he still the producer and at least getting paid.

This is your job, if I performed like this at my job, I wouldn't have one. Sometimes criticism of one's work is necessary.
    IazamatNaosSeurimasRebraBulrok
  • I don't know, guys, he made it pretty clear in the official Discord server that he's done having "conversations" and will only be communicating through official channels from this point forward, ie issues and emails. You're just wasting your effort and time at this point, even if you're right.
    OonaghNaos
  • A few thoughts:

1. Announcing this project and then claiming it is a back burner kind of thing is probably not a great duo of decisions to make. This project is one that could stand to reduce tether tribalism because everyone will have the same toys. It also promised to revitalize some of the tired options we all have available to us, something we will be more and more desperate for the longer we go without our steady drip of quarterly reports.

2. I don't think this is the right thread for being critical of Tiur. Especially not the way the two above posts convey; while I understand the frustration and upset, I think all this does is create a more frigid environment between customer and producer. Upon reflection last night, however, it is clear there really isn't anywhere appropriate for that where players can help one another hold the administration accountable. In this specific situation, I only hold Tiur accountable on a project management level. He should redirect resources to get these done faster, because....

3. I second the notion of tossing it to Builders. Not Just One Builder, but multiples. I am willing to bet I could crank out a few very easily if you give me a style guide. I even already have my own version of Spirit Carnifex written, get at me for a copy of that. Let's stop pretending that IRE isn't forged off the backs of volunteers that love this game too much to quit and players with exceptional writing talent; instead, let's just embrace that and put mirror classes in the hands of those parties. There's really very little coding involved here anyways.
    OonaghLinTeaniNaosGalileiSaltz
  • Far more eloquent than I, my friend.
  • Idk, like Mining I think this is just player expectations not being managed properly. This project should never have been announced when it was, but at this point you just need to come out and say this won't be a thing until at least 2025 or something. Like I said with Mining, if it happens early then great. Everyone is happy. If not, then at least people knew not to expect it any time soon.
    OonaghSibattiRhine
  • This is probably going to sound harsh, but I said it back when this was announced.

This is yet another example of administrators here committing to and quite publicly announcing a major project far, far too early. This has happened with Albedos and the now nixed plans to move the whole of the game to that continent, the war system, class revamps, mercantile revamps, the commodity system, fishing, agriculture, and now this. While it is true that some of these projects just hit snags before eventually being completed, it is obvious at this point that we have a track record here of major announcements or changes being made without having the follow through anywhere near ready.

If we're really quite honest? It seems like there have been many, many poor decisions made in regards to changes and announcements over the last several years, ranging from major mechanic changes that are left unfinished to poorly thought out artifacts that end up requiring major nerfs that drastically impact players that don't -have- those artifacts.

I'm not sure what any of you expected other than this. I know our admin work hard, I know the realities of being up there and the fact that it is something of a revolving door due to how IRE does business. But I really wish that major announcements and changes didn't feel like Groundhog Day.

• I just watched the debate and need a palate cleanser....

Any spoilers on which mirrors are the ones lined up for the gate first....

By the response thread it looked like maybe Carnifex was one.
    ....MAYBE?