Announce post #3133: September 2020

9/1/2020 at 0:17
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
September 2020

This month we bring you a favorite of mine, Giftbags!

Normal giftbags come 1 for every 25 credits purchased during the month of September.
There will also be a giftbag in the Milestone wares. (As always, if you can't see it or it shows as bought, give me day or two to fix)

The first 100 credits comes with an extra giftbag for every 10 credits! That means buying 100 credits gets you 14 giftbags straight off the bat!

Again, we're mixing old with new in the way of minipets. And a new tradition, the Shadow minipet list is expanded to... two!

And the monochrome giftbag persists! You may trade 5 giftbags in with EXCHANGE to get a monochrome giftbag. This bag is like the normal one... except that, when opened, everyone in the room with you opens one too! So, make sure you're in the room with more than 5 people and it's instantly awesome. There's another we're pondering for later, depending on the reception of this one.

GIFTBAG EXCHANGE <color>
-------------------
Each color has a theme you might be able to guess. Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Orange, Violet, and Gold. Nearly everything in each colored giftbag drops from the normal giftbag, but at a lower rate (because there's more to choose from!)

NOTE: Gold is special, and requires 5 unopened giftbags to make 1.
NOTE: Monochrome is special, and required 5 unopened giftbags to make 1.

Normal Giftbag
--------------
A variety of artifacts ranging in value from 50 to 500
Gold
Relics - sharkteeth, dissonance, cattongue, flair_clumsy
Bombs
Minipets - All pets in other bags except shadow
Sapience Talisman pieces
Always an iron coin or org buff
Vox - Enveloping

Monochrome Giftbag
------------------
Just like normal, PLUS
Minipet - a bright-eyed sylskin (plant) *NEWish*
Minipet - a shadowbound butterfly (shadow)

Red Giftbag
-----------
All minipet rolls result in - a snow petrel(avian)
Mint chocolate exchanged for white
Enemy_Expand, Ally_Expand, Hunters_Boon Level 2, Darkness
Compendium pages exchanged for warpaint
Vox - amplifying

Blue Giftbag
------------
All minipet rolls result in - a snowy, big-eared rabbit (mammal)
All the chocolates are mint!
Hunting Boon tokens
More Compendium Pages
More Style Scrolls
Lower odds for big artifacts
vox - enriching

Yellow Giftbag
--------------
All minipet rolls result in - a venomous lizard (reptile)
Stockroom_expand Level 3, extra_shelves level 1, tipjar
More Style Scrolls
vox - simplistic

Green Giftbag
-------------
All minipet rolls result in - an ethereal butterfly (spirit) *NEW*
fast_shrines
vox - bewitching

Violet Giftbag
--------------
All minipet rolls result in - a foul creature of stitched parts (undead) *NEW*
Skullmask more likely
(Look for more on the refresh!)
vox - arcane

Orange Giftbag
--------------
All minipet rolls result in - a large spider cricket (insect)
Mint chocolate exchanged for fudge. Mmmm, fudge.
Salt, Toolboost Level 3, Listen_Painting, All sorts of tradeskill_boon
vox - convective

Gold Giftbag
------------
No junk. Minimum value is higher than 5 giftbags separately, and all things that are more boring
have been removed.
Also has Divine Phylactery pieces and EXTREMELY RARELY, salvage

-T

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 4th of Ios, in the year 490 MA.

Comments

• his bag is like the normal one... except that, when opened, everyone in the room with you opens one too!

we learned today it has a cap of 8 people, and it's not random! Be aware, giftbag gifters!
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • It should be 10 according to the news from last time.

#3080 - 4/2/2020 at 0:50 - Tiur, the Gnosis
    Amendment to the Previous
    I just had a nightmare where monochrome giftbags were opened in a room with 80 players. Not only
    would that severely mess up my intentions, it might crash us to do that much math in Rapture all at
    once (Rapture hates math!). They are capped at 10 players. Which is still taking something worth 40-
    55 in value and giving out about 120.
  • we're 50/50 on if I can count to ten >_>
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • Any chance we'll see a giftbag or two in milestones wares
  • There will also be a giftbag in the Milestone wares. (As always, if you can't see it or it shows as bought, give me day or two to fix)
    probably a small chance yes
    Lin
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Mjoll said:

his bag is like the normal one... except that, when opened, everyone in the room with you opens one too!

we learned today it has a cap of 8 people, and it's not random! Be aware, giftbag gifters!
    It's also completely random?
  • When I went to Tina's openings, there were several identical group giftbag opens with an overflow of people in the room. Didn't seem to care about when they got there.

• The initial roll may be random, but it doesn't reroll on subsequent openings, meaning that the same people are given giftbags on multiple openings as long as they don't leave the room.
  • I've never seen eight people or ten people called everyone. How weird is that?
    Iazamat
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Hm, I hadn't thought of that. I'll add a randomizer to the room people counter so that it doesn't necessarily give the same people things. Basically, when you open it, it marks itself as opened, closes itself, opens again, notices the mark, and does a third, 4th, 5th, etc opening for the owner and the 10 other people there in player order. So everyone there gets a random item as if they opened their own bag, but I didn't think about how the 10 people would be in the same player order each time.

When you notice that all the aggro mobs hit you before your partner, it's basically the same thing.
    Mjoll