Quitting for a while

TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
edited August 2020 in Harpy's Head Tavern
Just so folk don't ask where I went or worry or anything. Recent behavior from a small selection of players has made logging in an absolutely miserable prospect. Most of you are great. Hope to see you in a few months.

BorminchiaOonaghDrystin

Comments

• Tetchta said:

Just so folk don't ask where I went or worry or anything. Recent behavior from a small selection of players has made logging in an absolutely miserable prospect. Most of you are great. Hope to see you in a few months.

Sorry to see you go, Tet. Hope you're back soon.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Youll definitely be missed buddy. Our conversations were always fun. :) 

• If anything I hope my disagree on this post gives you life, you told me they do....
    So I am hoping this is correct.

It has honestly been nice getting to know you on discord a bit, I hope that Oonagh and Tetchta can still cross paths and interact in game sometime. Enjoy the break, dont let the bad beans ruin your enjoyment.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Are we still gonna share memes on discord? 
  • Sucks. I have no idea what happened and probably don't need to, but still stings to read this after we just started rping. Tetchta is a great presence in the Carnifex.
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Seeya soon bud, sorry people are unicorns.
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited August 2020
    Lin said:

NO.
    Sibatti said:

Yeah. Me too.

Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone, feeling's mutual. I'll be back when the idea of logging into Aet sparks joy again instead of being a trigger, it's all good. I do, in the meantime, plan on reflecting on how we can better police our individual microcosms and posting my thoughts when I do inevitably come back, because I think we can do a lot better making our microcommunities safer against abusive behavior and abusive people. I've seen a lot of stuff work and a lot of stuff not work to reduce both overall toxicity and the presence of people who like to hurt others, and I think it'd be a good idea for all of us to pool our resources rather than operating alone.

XavinOonagh
  • Tetchta said:

Lin said:

NO.
    Sibatti said:

Yeah. Me too.

Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone, feeling's mutual. I'll be back when the idea of logging into Aet sparks joy again instead of being a trigger, it's all good. I do, in the meantime, plan on reflecting on how we can better police our individual microcosms and posting my thoughts when I do inevitably come back, because I think we can do a lot better making our microcommunities safer against abusive behavior and abusive people. I've seen a lot of stuff work and a lot of stuff not work to reduce both overall toxicity and the presence of people who like to hurt others, and I think it'd be a good idea for all of us to pool our resources rather than operating alone.
    You know what. I'm sick of this. You don't get to set the narrative.

I told you your friends are abusive. Specifically, I told you Lin is a chaser, and Aisling has a pattern of emotional and verbal abuse as well as sexually predatory behavior. You apologized for something unrelated, I said, alright, and then later discovered you'd blocked me in Discord. It makes you apology look a little empty, so I asked you about it in game.

You said you were 'uncomfortable' discussing it. I told you I didn't want to be overly hostile or anything, but it was hard to see that as anything but an attempt at dodging accountability. I said I didn't want to assume that, though, so I asked if you would clarify what specifically you were uncomfortable discussing. No response. I go to send a follow-up, and I discover you've ignored me.

Fine. That's your prerogative. I vented in a private channel somewhere. Not to you directly. I didn't ask someone to speak with you. I try to obey the rules. If you're gonna jump on here and try to cast this as abuse, though, then the gloves are off. You're trying to use the rules, as well as your social position, to your advantage. I'm not okay with that.

No one here's gonna believe me or take me seriously, and you know that. I know that. I can't not say it, though. If you're so concerned about having to deal with me, though - don't be. I'm not sticking around in a place that can treat me the way I'm treated, time and again, the way I have been in IRE games, almost always by the same (or adjacent) group of people.

Bye, bitch.
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    Lin
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited August 2020
    I'm not going to respond to this, and I have nothing to defend. I encourage anybody who finds themselves leaving a wake of harmed people behind them to spend some time reflecting on what the common denominator for those relationships is.

LinAloli
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I still have no idea why I'm a chaser
This discussion has been closed.