Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Rage at my own stupidity.... I let my ylem gauntlet decay with mists on it :(
    imageimage
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    That's largely why I bought the ridiculously expensive one. >> I've done that a few times.
    MacavityArbre

• Haydyn said:
    Rage at my own stupidity.... I let my ylem gauntlet decay with mists on it :(

Have done that MANY times >_>
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    No one ever attacks me. :(
  • This is SUPER interesting (not trolling this time, I'm actually enjoying this derail)...but maybe a new thread is appropriate?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Rivas said:
    This is SUPER interesting (not trolling this time, I'm actually enjoying this derail)...but maybe a new thread is appropriate?
    Okay.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I rage that double-spacing looks so weird in Aetolia (I imagine just because no one uses it), so I have a lot of difficulty switching between paper-writing for school and playing the game.
  • I rage that I actually love and am enjoying the Warhounds skill...but loathe how it is coded that we train the Dogs D:.

constantly beating the hounds senseless is making me cringe.

Im so conflicted >.<
  • Welcome to the Carnifex.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    I actually gagged every single one of the messages when I was Carnifex because I didn't like reading them. I also went to a room nobody else was in every time, just because of that.
    CalipsoAldric
  • *Cough* I used to do it at Inner Gate, just to see if anyone would comment/give me a reason to talk about the class or the guild. No one ever really did, though. :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MastemaMoirean
    I like to think that's because the players do not equal their characters! :D
    havenbanner2
    Moirean
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited April 2013
    Poor Bloodloch. I'll rage for you baby. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Daskalos
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    oh my god I just realised the fumology guy's name is ood.
    NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

MastemaRivasLin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited April 2013
    One thing after a fucking 'nother today.

But most of all, this load of fucking complete bullshit and lies : 2013/04/03 10:29:01 - Dourif citydisfavoured Erzsebet for: Lying to myself and the former keeper to try and gain favor within Bloodloch.

Am SO fucking pissed off right now, it's ridiculous. It'd be one thing if it were true--it's another thing when he made the shit completely up.

So much for winding down before bed, for fuck sake.

....rage that looking at the post it looks like I'm really mad at unicorns. Poor things.
    imageimage
    DourifDaskalosSeirIllikaal
    I adore you @Erzsebet but... I never really understood why some players got upset OOCly about the possibly corrupt/evil affairs that happen to their characters ICly within Bloodloch. Are these tactics/events/whatever no longer a given or standard for the evil environment/role of Bloodloch?

I would have so much fun with this situation and try to get a roleplay arc started to flip the script on Dourif or build influence or something. Very much like how I got Spinesreach into an uproar for a little bit with the Ishin and Haven conflict.

I'm not trying to knock you or anything but I'm confused as to what your rage actually is.
    havenbanner2
    Hadoryu
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited April 2013
    @Haven: I don't really know the situation with Erzsebet, but in regards to your evil/corrupt affairs comment. There's nothing wrong with roleplaying your character as someone who lacks morals, is a sadist, or what have you. The problem is when people start playing the game at the expense of the enjoyment of others and then justify it as part of their roleplay. This is an issue with organizations like Bloodloch and similar organizations across IRE like Mhaldor, Stavenn, etc. You have to be very careful in how you push your roleplay otherwise you can end up creating a toxic atmosphere for both new and old players alike. Honestly, I don't think Bloodloch is in the position right now to be alienating experienced people. Their active population now is probably the lowest that I've ever seen it in my two years here, which is saying something.
    EmelleArekaAlastairArbre
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited April 2013
    Agreeing with @Seir. As someone who was completely alienated from the game a few years ago because of some "corrupt" BS that went down in Bloodloch, I can also attest that corrupt RP is one thing, while total douchebaggery is entirely another. It becomes especially hard when you're getting involved with politics, because many of those roles require a significant commitment of time and effort OOCly. So, when someone upends things in an organization at the expense of a horned-horseload of hard work and effort you've put into making an organization run well, it is definitely rage-inducing.

On the other hand, I see what @Haven is saying -- without knowing the context, a city disfavor doesn't seem like a huge deal. (<3 you @Erz)
  • Eleanor said:
    oh my god I just realised the fumology guy's name is ood.
    And you will worship him.
    RivasAmara
    edited April 2013

Emelle said:
    Agreeing with @Seir. As someone who was completely alienated from the game a few years ago because of some "corrupt" BS that went down in Bloodloch, I can also attest that corrupt RP is one thing, while total douchebaggery is entirely another. It becomes especially hard when you're getting involved with politics, because many of those roles require a significant commitment of time and effort OOCly. So, when someone upends things in an organization at the expense of a horned-horseload of hard work and effort you've put into making an organization run well, it is definitely rage-inducing.

On the other hand, I see what @Haven is saying -- without knowing the context, a city disfavor doesn't seem like a huge deal. (<3 you @Erz)
    The fact that Ellenia, of all people, got Keeper = mindblowing. That's the equivalent of, well, electing me to replace Kiyotan O_O

That goes without saying that I have absolutely no business being a CL >_>
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    HadoryuKonnornAngweDaskalosArbre
    @Haven If it was possible to react to this ICly without fucking myself over, maybe it'd be different, but that's not the case at all.

@Emelle If it hadn't dropped my rank, I probably wouldn't care so much. Not to mention that it's he said she said bullshit, so the likelihood of getting it overturned like it should be isn't terribly high.
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I've already dealt with Ellenia in her role as Keeper and she was reasonable and prompt with the issue we discussed. I'd say give her a chance before criticizing her on forums. It's also a bit rude. If the remark was in a self-aff she opened up, that would be one thing, but it seems a bit unfair to just criticize her.
    IlyonMalokLinCalipso
    Moirean said:
    I've already dealt with Ellenia in her role as Keeper and she was reasonable and prompt with the issue we discussed. I'd say give her a chance before criticizing her on forums. It's also a bit rude. If the remark was in a self-aff she opened up, that would be one thing, but it seems a bit unfair to just criticize her.
    Considering this same person has notoriously and repeatedly set bounties in the City of Bloodloch on people's heads to settle her own personal squabbles, and the squabbles of her friends isn't very 'reasonable' at all. Not only that, but someone who likes to instigate conflict, die for it, and then issue (often repeatedly) after dying. Finally, and my personal favorite, uses homophobic language towards someone, then decides to issue them because they called her out of her name as if she hadn't done anything wrong in the first place. 

The reputation that you build up for yourself has a habit of sticking with you. Especially when you're only continuing to drag your own name through the mud on a daily basis. 
    KonnornDaskalosKerocArbre
    On the one hand, we've watched her in varying other positions for years and kinda figure we know what she's capable of bringing to the table.

On the other, she hasn't done anythin spectacularly stupid yet except alienate the majority of her Ministers with a single news post announcing that most of them are being replaced with newbs despite successfully/actively leading their ministries for such-and-such lengths of time.
    imageimage
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    perhaps this should be split out to a Bloodloch Leadership post or City Leadership post?  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Erzsebet said:
    On the one hand, we've watched her in varying other positions for years and kinda figure we know what she's capable of bringing to the table.

On the other, she hasn't done anythin spectacularly stupid yet except alienate the majority of her Ministers with a single news post announcing that most of them are being replaced with newbs despite successfully/actively leading their ministries for such-and-such lengths of time.
    I <3 you and all, but you seriously don't need to have 2 characters in Ministry positions. You are active on Kiralla maybe like 2% of the time, and all the Culture stuff you told me about doesn't have any timeframe for happening and hasn't happened at all. There's reasons certain Ministries should and do need to be replaced with fresh/active people. Xarian rarely even logs on, at all, and I would know because he's in Bahir'an. Hell, she should have taken new applications for all the Ministries. There's other ones with inactive dorks too.

You can't just have a position of importance and make it a backburner/alt thing, that's just silly and irresponsible.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    DourifIllikaalNolaErzsebet
  • And now the conversation is derailing to a bad place. Lets get back to the purpose of the thread, please.
    Emelle
    A frickin' men (to the first bit about not needing 2 chars in ministry spots). That seems a bit redundant to me. Of course, I get the RP aspect of it that 'two alts are two different people' as far as IG goes. Still, it's something I'd never do. 

But, despite that, I hope that isn't why you're replacing one of the alts? That is if him/her are getting replaced (I don't know). 
This discussion has been closed.