Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    I'll try and cut down our ERP sessions in the future, Rhyot, dang, you didn't need to put me on blast like this.

IazamatRhyotHavenGalileiArdentEladrian
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I think in my first like, MONTH on the job I had to sit and chat in Bloodloch about Godmode RP? That always bugged me. Don't tell me what I do/say/feel in your emote, dangit. That's for book writing, not RP.
    TetchtaPhoeneciaAloli
    I have to say that people are WAY better about godmode emoting nowadays than when I played ten years ago or so.

• I tend to longform roleplay if given the option. I enjoy writing immersive posts that can hit the character limit. But I also know who or when to save those for with the person I roleplay with. I understand the adaptation to the different people.

I can say, though, I never considered it a peeve in how people RP. Just like people play for different reasons and have different styles of play, I see it the same way. I do agree that interacting with tone deaf people in general can be irritating, but that goes beyond RP. That is interaction in general (combat, roleplay, etcetera). That said, if I find a tone deaf person, I will excuse myself quickly from a scene if I find it is not to my taste, time, or mood.
    HavenSaltzGalileiEladrianEoros
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited August 2020

Edit: Jokes aside I agree with @Saidenn . Gotta know your audience and accommodate accordingly.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    TetchtaSaybreEoros
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Hiding in the corner, taking notes. Hmmmmmm.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    DidiNisaviArdentEoros
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Everyone forgot to mention that responding to an enormous wall of text with a two-liner is absolutely a power move. Just the perfect way to assert your dominance.
    SeurimasSibattiTetchtaNisaviIazamatEorosIrys
  • As someone who clearly knows what he is talking about, tells RP best RP.

We can both be doing our own thing with no commitment to staying in the same room for hours at a time.
    Bulrok
  • THE Paragraph emote does intimidate me. I have trouble forming my thoughts coherently and typing fast enough to keep up. My emotes are usually a line or two, though I've gotten to four lines regularly if I'm really synced with my character and the situation.

My biggest pet peeve related to emotes is when people emote before I can get mine out and force me to either ignore the new one or rewrite the one I'm writing. It's the worst for me. I usually end up just rewriting it super short and then worry constantly that my shorter emotes give off the impression I'm not interested in roleplay when I absolutely am. Or my emotes are so bad that whomever I'm with just wants to hurry up and leave.
    RhineAloliEorosKatie
  • Tiur said:

I think in my first like, MONTH on the job I had to sit and chat in Bloodloch about Godmode RP? That always bugged me. Don't tell me what I do/say/feel in your emote, dangit. That's for book writing, not RP.

Yeah, and then you punched me (doing pitiful damage), I lit you on fire, and I had to tell you to apply mending. :D
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I'm ALWAYS on fire.
  • Flaming Hot Tiur
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Looks like some bad coding.

Some string probably was incomplete and so it highlighted everything. You can see this on milestone 57 it doesn't complete the quest number, but goes into milestone 30.

Just from what I can see.

• TiurTiur Producer
    That.. doesn't even make sense. That's not even how Rapture works to generate lists like that! I'm not the best coder, but I can usually see why something happened. I don't even know where to start with that one.
    BenedictoOonaghLinRhineZeheiaEladrianAloli
  • Bene's just embracing his inner 'lochian, it starts with everything looking like blood, next that color is gonna make him hungry! Watch out Eno!
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    RihrinRhyotBenedictoRhineZeheiaAloli
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    This is kind of a major pet peeve, but it's something I've noticed some people do. I don't know why, but I dislike it when people monopolize a person's time and do it repeatedly. This usually takes the form of hovering around whenever the other person is online or RPing at them everyday. Yes, I get it. You like rping at this person a lot. But really? Do you have to grab them everyday/every waking moment? Some of us would like to RP at these people too, yeesh. 
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

I agree with @Saidenn. I've come to realize that there are people I would love to get to know on an rp level that just don't put any effort back towards me, or seem to notice me. I can't force anyone to rp with me, noone can force rp.
    SaidennEphiSryaenEnsisStineTeaniRhineAloli
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    My Aetolia pet peeve is (outside of one or two people) that I'm always having to be the one to initiate RP the majority of times.

It makes me really second guess whether or not they actually want my company or not, which feels bad. :(
    EphiEvelynLinEladrianHavenEscelikaAloli
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I can totally see that being a thing. I tend to operate with a lot of confidence, and love "winging it", but realize others might not be the same.

All I can say at this point is that I hope I'm not giving off an unapproachable vibe or some other signal.
  • @Sibatti quite intimidating, even if you don't mean it!

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    She's such a softy though
    Sibatti
    Maybe they're just the RP equivalent of a pillow princess!

IazamatSryaenLin
  • I hate the days where I have no blessings.
    StineSaltzOonaghRhineMjollKarhastTetchtaAloli
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch

IazamatLinTetchtaArdentTekiasYedanKatie
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I always get irked when I see people using the bloodline system in ways it's not intended to be used.

1. It's not for adoption.
    2. It's not for vampiric bloodlines.
    3. If you have been undead for 200 years, you do not have a 20 year old child. It's not biologically possible.
    NaosSibattiTekiasFezzix