Short Questions

Comments

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Alix said:

Does anyone know the reasoning behind SCRUB being both a 10 second (!) balance use and only being a chance to succeed? Are there combat implications to being stinky that I'm not aware of? I have spent a minute and a half just scrubbing to try and remove stench.

Whenever I get hit with that bomb that covers you with stinky sludge, my FirstAid freaks the -fuck- out and spams SCRUB...whether I'm at water or not.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• Tekias said:

Alix said:

Does anyone know the reasoning behind SCRUB being both a 10 second (!) balance use and only being a chance to succeed? Are there combat implications to being stinky that I'm not aware of? I have spent a minute and a half just scrubbing to try and remove stench.

Whenever I get hit with that bomb that covers you with stinky sludge, my FirstAid freaks the -unicorns- out and spams SCRUB...whether I'm at water or not.
    Let me just make a few adjustments to my offense system and...
    SryaenAlix
  • TiurTiur Producer
    It actually has a kinda neat history in game design! The first few things that did that, skunks, did nothing. It was just annoying, no PvP/PvE consequences purely RP. Then scrub had a miss chance, and would you believe how much people freaked out? It was super enlightening. You have to imagine, in early MMOs, you threw things at the wall and just looked for what stunk. And here a mechanic-less thing was more annoying than real afflictions! People ran around blind before they would wander around with STINK MESSAGES.

I think it eventually just sorta mutated. There were versions that DID have combat applications, so what was a vanity artifact became a combat artifact. I believe some of the other games let it sit there. It doesn't match our style well, we don't generally make an effect then sell an artifact that fixes it at no cost, thereby making it a must buy.
    AlixAxius
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    While all these interesting and experimental changes are happening, are there any plans in the near future to look over/approve/reject/work on orgreqs? If so, when?

What are other GMs/City leaders doing when their orgreqs get stuck for a long time? Just ignore them and move on?
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I had 2 orgreqs in for almost 6-7 months before they were finally accomplished. Usually, once you put them in... it's just a sit and wait type of deal.

• AloliAloli Between Books
    That's a bit disheartening because I don't want to feel like I'm the only one who cares about the org. Thanks for explaining the culture with these anyways.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    LinKanivara
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Aloli said:
    That's a bit disheartening because I don't want to feel like I'm the only one who cares about the org.

AloliTsarraBenedictoRhineBulrokNisaviArdentMacavity
  • Two short questions:

Is there any way to create your own preparation room for apothecary/herbalism? I can't seem to find one.

If not, why not? You can add preparation rooms for every other mercantile skill set to your haven, or you can buy portable versions for both venoms and forging from the artifact shop. Why are herbalism and apothecary left out?
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    From my knowledge, you cannot do such.

The reason behind it is to encourage player interaction. Previous, people would just go to their havens and make whatever they needed, resulting in a lot of self-sufficiency and isolationism across the game. Having apothecary rooms in each city allows a level of interaction that has otherwise been abandoned.

• Alix said:

Two short questions:

Is there any way to create your own preparation room for apothecary/herbalism? I can't seem to find one.

If not, why not? You can add preparation rooms for every other mercantile skill set to your haven, or you can buy portable versions for both venoms and forging from the artifact shop. Why are herbalism and apothecary left out?

Pretty sure there's still a public one in Esterport if nothing else.
  • @Stine Yeah, that's the one I use currently.

@Rhyot It just seems weird that all the other mercantile skills that are essential game mechanics can have private preparation rooms, but not herbalism/apothecary. I just thought it would be an all or nothing kind of thing.
  • We get a non-answer misdirection whenever we ask. Let us know if you get a clear, real answer!
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    Alix
  • Alix said:
    @Stine Yeah, that's the one I use currently. @Rhyot It just seems weird that all the other mercantile skills that are essential game mechanics can have private preparation rooms, but not herbalism/apothecary. I just thought it would be an all or nothing kind of thing.
    Last time it was asked, it was said this was historical, I think. A previous producer or some such allowed some prep rooms to be private, in spite of those concerns. When herbalism/apothecary was revamped, there was no desire to include them in that prior decision.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    Alix
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    The thing about Esterport's Apothecary/Herbalism prep rooms is that using them costs gold. Every city has one, but there's no cost to use. You just kind of need to ask around. I know where Enorian's and Duiran's Herbalism and Apothecary rooms are, but I'm not sure of Spinesreach or Bloodloch.

As for why you can't privately purchase apothecary or herbalism rooms, it was just decided when curatives were revamped to not allow them to be purchased except by cities via the Development Ministry. Kind of a push against complete self-sufficiency, which kind of sucks because I LIKE self-sufficiency and convenience, and I happen to play a merchant-type character, but it's a minor annoyance at best.
    Alix
  • it's a misguided attempt at curbing self-sufficiency, when you can just walk into the OPEN and PUBLIC prep rooms lmao
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    AlixIazamat
  • Mjoll said:

it's a misguided attempt at curbing self-sufficiency, when you can just walk into the OPEN and PUBLIC prep rooms lmao

But then you're missing out on all that valuable potential player interaction that we know happens in these rooms while people are spamming mercantile commands. :/
    Iazamat
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Where/how do I get truffle recipes?
  • Epicurean Academy, gated behind faction rank!
    Sessizlik
  • Hi, i am curious as to why the rune of transformation only allows 40 characters in the appearance while the design templates in shops that can be overlaid on weapons go up to 50 characters in the appearance. You would think that the artifact rune would allow at least as much. Am I missing something?
    MjollNaosDrystinKanivaraSibatti
  • Is the Grand Library a library we can add books to?

Or is there a public library we can donate things to? I would like to make sure the cook book from my baking contest is some where the competitors can get new copies from when they decay if they want it. Since I had both tethers I want to make sure there is never risk to their accessing it.
    Didi
  • @Kjell Why not give a copy to each city to put in their city libraries?
  • I will do that as a plan B, but it is ideal to use the neutral facilities when they are available!
  • Where's the VOTE button on the website? :(
    https://twitter.com/TastyArts
    Probably listening to this.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Ensis said:

Where's the VOTE button on the website? :(

Click Portal, it's along the secondary bar of options
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Iazamat said:

Edit: Folks, the Off Topic flags? Not as cute as you think they are. I didn't want to make a new thread, I want a yes/no answer. You're showing your asses.

got 'em ☕

IazamatLinRhyotStigandr
  • What is the preferred length of time to have something submitted as a bug before it can be considered a "feature" and used as is apparently intended?

...asking for a friend.
    DrystinStineOonaghCzciennHavenTetchta
  • Can we get the rune of transformation (and I'm assuming the armour customization rune) looked at in terms of value? At 125 credits to purchase, currently it makes more sense to trade in your rune of customization for 83 credits and pay another 42 credits for another rune rather than fork over 25 iron coins to recustomize the attached description.

Also, is there any reason HELP CUSTOMIZATION hasn't been updated? According to that, we're still able to customize with credits.
    DrystinEscelika
  • StigandrStigandr v5735
    edited September 2020
    What is the influent and effluent GPD for the Enorian sewer works?

What exactly are the mechanics involved with the intake pump under the Temple Complex? Is that tied into the whole "The Temple is built out of dreams and moth hair", or is it an actual piece of machinery bound to the real laws of physics, and not the designs of Omei's essence which got laced all up and down the structure when it was constructed?

Enorian is the only City-State I know of that draws out of the water table below, and then funnels it into hot and cold flows via separate pipes. There is a boiler/machine room under the Temple, not to far from the intake pump, which takes the initial water draw, and then heats one portion of it, and keeps the other cold (as it's drawn up). While the room description does hint at it being directed into the city, I can't actually figure out where the hell it goes. WHERE DOES THE HOT AND COLD WATER GO IN REGARDS TO THE CITY?
  • Stigandr said:

What is the influent and effluent GPD for the Enorian sewer works?

What exactly are the mechanics involved with the intake pump under the Temple Complex? Is that tied into the whole "The Temple is built out of dreams and moth hair", or is it an actual piece of machinery bound to the real laws of physics, and not the designs of Omei's essence which got laced all up and down the structure when it was constructed?

Enorian is the only City-State I know of that draws out of the water table below, and then funnels it into hot and cold flows via separate pipes. There is a boiler/machine room under the Temple, not to far from the intake pump, which takes the initial water draw, and then heats one portion of it, and keeps the other cold (as it's drawn up). While the room description does hint at it being directed into the city, I can't actually figure out where the hell it goes. WHERE DOES THE HOT AND COLD WATER GO IN REGARDS TO THE CITY?

I would imagine that it is piped to the various districts in the city for use by the citizens both visible and invisible to us as players. There are two pretty large residential districts as well as the other portions of the city and guildhalls that are quite likely making use of that water.

Stigandr
  • Stigandr said:
    What exactly are the mechanics involved

StigandrLinZeheiaRhyotRhineHaven