Announce post #3127: Stepping back

8/2/2020 at 3:59
Keroc, the Starborn
Everyone
Stepping back

Some final tweaks from me:

- Lifevision has its illusion detection once more.
- Backstab no longer requires hide or phase.
- Backstab now has a 100 second cooldown.

As of today, I'm going to be stepping down as Head of Combat in Aetolia and returning to a generic role within the game. It's been 8 years since the first liaison post (now classleads) I pushed forth onto the Announce section, and has certainly been a wild ride since.

For here on, if you have any combat questions or inquiries, please redirect them to the Nalus admin-shell, where they will be answered by a staff/volunteer when able.

Penned by my hand on Closday, the 25th of Midsummer, in the year 489 MA.

Comments

• I have not been playing Aetolia that long, less than a year, but I would like to thank you for all your hard work and dedication in regards to Aetolia. I know whomever is going to eventually take on the position you once held will have some large shoes to fill...thank you.
    NisaviCallidoraRhine
  • edited August 2020
    Keroc: I wish you well, and I apologize for the undue stress that your position has likely wrought over the years. I wager that my comments as of late did not help and I hope that you continue to find enjoyment up in the Pools.
    AloliTenshyoOonaghRhyot
  • edited August 2020
    @Keroc I can not stress how sorry I am to hear this enough. Your fine-tuning of class balance is absolutely the best I've ever seen in any MUD that I've played so far. Combat admins that know what they are doing are a rare commodity on their own, but an admin who knows every single route of every single class to the tiniest detail? Now that is very exceptional. Adding your game knowledge to the innovative Classlead resolutions you were coming up with, you were absolutely the best.

I really hope to see you at the helm again boss, but for now thanks for everything and best of luck to your successor.
    RhineOonaghRhyot
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Oof, that really sucks, K, but you gotta look out for number 1, big time. You will 100% be missed.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    This is a real blow to Aetolia. I'm sorry we couldn't be a better community for you, man
    NisaviRhineAhlysaariaAloliSibatti
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch

I hope you take care of yourself, K. I know you've received a lot of flak over the years, but you're a very solid dude.

RhineOonaghAhlysaariaRihrinMazzionArdent