MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area

The REAL iron chefs.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    PhoeneciaAnikoZeheia
  • See, Morimoto... right there as an OG Iron Chef. Maybe not the first but he was an original.
  • God it's like none of you have even heard of Chef Yasmar.
    GalileiArdentHawa
  • Yasmar is a saint thank you. But that picture is new. Michiba was still better than Morimoto. Had the longest running undefeated streak of any ironchef. AND HAND WROTE IN CALIGRAPHY HIS MENU BEFORE EVEN COOKING IT!
  • Koda said:

God it's like none of you have even heard of Chef Yasmar.

Ketixek > Yasmar
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
  • edited July 2020
    This general state of lethargy that I seem unable to kick. It's probably diet and the inability to get exercise between this blistering heat and most recreational places being closed.
    SaltzKodaEscelika
  • Dealing with a collective temper tantrum was not really my ideal way to come back to the game.
    RihrinEnsisTetchta
  • edited August 2020
    Earth stomp boots. Someone didn't think their combat application through when making them with little CD. I get they are rare and super hard to come by due to their position in stockings, but being able to instantly split a group and instill an immediate 5s balance (and hey, you could have your own group fly, earth stomp, then land) is getting a little ridiculous and to the point of I don't want to engage when they are used.

I suppose you win then, I guess, if no one shows up to fight?
    ArdentEleneSryaenBulrok
  • Saidenn said:

Earth stomp boots. Someone didn't think their combat application through when making them with little CD. I get they are rare and super hard to come by due to their position in stockings, but being able to instantly split a group and instill an immediate 5s balance (and hey, you could have your own group fly, earth stomp, then land) is getting a little ridiculous and to the point of I don't want to engage when they are used.

I suppose you win then, I guess, if no one shows up to fight?

Big agree on this. I could see if maybe the numbers were super skewed, like 20 v 10 okay, I get it. But to do it every single engagement?

Honestly it's pretty high key annoying and it's my own team using it. This is a quick way to get an arti nerfed into the ground by being relentlessly obnoxious with it.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
  • I am sorry you are frustrated.

I am disappointed that conflict resolution is to be indirectly aggressive, and to cast aspersions on another person in the community. I do not think it is a very healthy approach. It is especially disheartening to have some one on my own team talk about me in this way with out talking to me directly in an effort to solve the conflict.

I am sorry that my using the artifact has caused you frustration and lessened your enjoyment. Yesterday was the first time I have used it in an engagement since getting it, and it has been used a total of four times between the two fights.

I do not know any thing about combat or balancing. I will not use it again and I hope that those knowledgeable can alter it so it is more acceptable.

I hope you both feel better in the future and that this frustration is passing!
    SaidennSeurimasSaltzKaiara
  • Kjell said:

I am sorry you are frustrated.

I am disappointed that conflict resolution is to be indirectly aggressive, and to cast aspersions on another person in the community. I do not think it is a very healthy approach. It is especially disheartening to have some one on my own team talk about me in this way with out talking to me directly in an effort to solve the conflict.

I am sorry that my using the artifact has caused you frustration and lessened your enjoyment. Yesterday was the first time I have used it in an engagement since getting it, and it has been used a total of four times between the two fights.

I do not know any thing about combat or balancing. I will not use it again and I hope that those knowledgeable can alter it so it is more acceptable.

Please don't take my comments about you personally. Like, I have absolutely no issue with you whatsoever and I'm only annoyed at the boots because from a balance perspective there doesn't seem to be anything to stop it. It's pretty much just a "I'm gonna do this and the other team will have to figure it out".

(also I mentioned it on web both yesterday during the Scidve major and tonight's lesser and both times I was pretty much answered with: "Well we're winning?")

so, lol @ that

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
  • I am sorry that I misunderstood or have missed what you have said. I find combat very overwhelming to keep up with and it is not out of indifference to any of those I am playing with that I continued.

I remember being asked why it was being done and answering that it was to buy time when dying.

I will improve in the future and this individual frustration will not be faced again.
    Kaiara
  • Kjell said:

I am sorry you are frustrated.

I have absolutely nothing against you as a player and the share of the frustration was against the artifact, not necessarily you. As well, a name was left out to avoid finger pointing, name calling, and other such not-so-niceties that can happen.

I appreciate the willingness to adjust, and I have already sent a message to Nalus to have it looked at for the future.

To break it down a little: Both sides do get knocked down and burrowed with a five second balance on getting burrowed out. Your side can anticipate, ours can only to a point with triggers for its use. It is a quick, effective way with little to no counter other than immediately killing the caster to stop it from very effectively splitting up the group.

I think the greater frustration is seeing its use after Pit was used in a manner that was similar, namely creating a situation to split up a group that had very little counter to stop other than kill the Indo, and it was immediately leaded and now nerfed into the ground. So it comes off a little Pot and Kettle.

Again, nothing against you @Kjell and not approaching you directly was just venting frustration. As @Sryaen said, it could be a fun "Hail Mary" move if vastly outnumbered, but when Spirit ALREADY outnumbers Shadow, using it (and using it repeatedly) to split up our outnumbered forces leads to some serious frustration since there is literally no counter other than engaging only ranged or... not fighting at all. And if you turtle with shield/block, well, then that takes care of the former option and leaves us with rushing in and hoping enough of us have either burrow above triggered or your group didn't decide to fly immediately and is just waiting for us to pop out like daisies.

Thanks for the reply!
    SryaenNisavi
  • All I'll say is they probably know how ridiculously strong that artifact is and will keep it that strong for a very compelling reason ($).

I've mused to people a few times, but the fact that the winner of the last pair had not been very active on the combat scene was the only reason why we didn't have one side of the game in outrage.

That said, you use what tools are available to you and whenever Shadow has the advantage they'll make the most of it too. It's no different from that stupid crystal relic that can basically wipe an entire room. So, while I hope that it didn't exist as a tool at all, I also hope that while it exists Kjell doesn't feel like he shouldn't use it if it would benefit his side.
    Darim
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    It's an artifact that very few people have due to the RNG factor of it. Don't expect it to get nerfed anytime soon just because one person uses it when they approach a fight. Especially considering the fact that in one of the recent rejected classleads (Report #2903) in which the determination was: The more entrenchment crackers, the better.

It's an entrenchment breaker. End of story.

• I'm also of the opinion that the game needs more entrenchment breakers/group splitters. It's too easy for groups to entrench themselves right now with certain classes and most combatants just relying entirely on auto-targeting scripts for success in engagements.

I'm not really thrilled about the idea of an artifact that splits people AND comes with a five second bal to unburrow yourself, but I think there are ways to allow the artifact to retain its value and strength without being overboard. Though, out of curiosity: does the artifact have a cooldown or a charge-up warning?
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    My maddening??

Collect and sell 1093 vermin. Progress: 0 / 1093

No.... just fucking no. Can we -PLEASE- put a damn level cap on this stupid milestone? There is absolutely -no- fucking reason for anyone above level 100 to be running around their damn city killing stupid fucking vermin. Not even Didi can participate in these and she's the best vermin basher of us all!!

Gavramel
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Rhyot said:

My maddening??

Collect and sell 1093 vermin. Progress: 0 / 1093

No.... just unicorns no. Can we -PLEASE- put a damn level cap on this stupid milestone? There is absolutely -no- unicorns reason for anyone above level 100 to be running around their damn city killing stupid unicorns vermin. Not even Didi can participate in these and she's the best vermin basher of us all!!

I wouldn't mind it if they made the vermin give more gold or something, or the entire system were expanded somehow--but even getting my weekly was a huge pain. Took me like an hour every day--WITH bait. It's like water torture waiting for those vermin to show up.

• Solution: SUPER VERMIN - Big Boss Beetles that give you crunch in their mandibles.
    LinDidi
    edited August 2020
    Oonagh said:

Solution: SUPER VERMIN - Big Boss Beetles that give you crunch in their mandibles.

A giant pregnant centipede you murder and then it spills out 100+ baby centipedes that crawl under your shirt that you can kill and turn in

Edit: if you rate this disagree you're a coward

BorminchiaOonaghGalileiAlystrine
  • I prefer the vermin hunting to the foci hunting.
    RhineTetchta
  • I mean, wouldn't running a verminer be no different than running the bashers that 95+% of the population here already uses? It would just have to have a wait built into it.

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I don't think anyone should have to sit there and be subjected to the mindnumbing torture of bashing 1100 fucking vermin. Not even the monthly shrine offering milestone goes up to that point... the most I've ever seen is 'Offer 300 corpses at a shrine'

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Not 'Offer X corpses at a shrine', but...
    [Milestones]: You have received a new MONTHLY milestone: Slay 1184 of any NPC.
    Compared to
    [Milestones]: You have received a new MONTHLY milestone: Collect and sell 1171 vermin.
    I would still much rather kill 1184 NPCs over 1171 vermin.
    Rhyot
  • To call back to the stomp boots issue - boots do have a hard counter in the form of watery or flooded rooms. Just food for thought.

• Also not usable in places where you cannot burrow, so it is a niche artifact.
  • just flood* for thought

It wouldn't be hard to have an ally use a parting ring which is easy enough to get. Also there's at least one Teradrim ability that becomes unusable in flooded rooms, and there are likely other interactions that might make flooding rooms not a preferred counter.
    Iazamat
  • edited August 2020
    I got one, I got one!

I am big sad/mad that Praenomen as a class is so useful in group combat and is historically one of the biggest drawing points to Aetolia, but 9/10 combatants refuse to touch it because it involves becoming what is more or less a meme of a subrace. I can't pick the class up without trashing my characters roleplay, and I don't even have any good options to hide it.
    IazamatRijettaMjollTirriaLinTetchtaSavas
    Naos said:

I am big sad/mad that Praenomen as a class is so useful in group combat and is historically one of the biggest drawing points to Aetolia, but 9/10 combatants refuse to touch it because it involves becoming what is more or less a meme of a subrace. I can't pick the class up without trashing my characters roleplay, and I don't even have any good options to hide it.

Don't be mad, embrace (HA) your inner Hot Topic Goth Aesthetic.

MjollIllikaal