Tether Side Ability

MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
I am not sure if this has ever been talked about, but I had an idea... Tether Side Ability for team combat. Hear me out on this....

I will focus on Shadow tether since I am part of that..

Praenomen, Teradrim, Carinfex, Sciomancers, and Archivists all get a skill in either one or all three of their main class skills.

This skill would be able to be used by the class themselves, but would have additional information in the AB File to show that if the other classes used the skill as well within the same location or area, then it would empower it even further. Cause like a secondary, third, fourth and fifth effect depending how many from that class used it.

So my thoughts would be the more diverse the group is, the more powerful it could be with this additional effect.

I did leave out Syssin, Monk and Wayfarer as they are not tethered and left out Indorani as well, since they do not have a guild, but they could be added in addition to these for either side. Perhaps the city you belong to, determines what skill you get access to for that tether?

This is really rough draft and the individual skills and group skill is left for comments.

I just think would be kind of cool. thoughts?
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
IazamatOonagh

Comments

• I threw up an idea for it as you can see in report 2647 a year ago whereby the more people channeling onto a Zealot would provide more damage/effects for an attack akin to Radiance from Telepathy, but starting at a low threshold and only getting stronger by diverse classes supporting them.

each spirit class can CHANNEL (user) SPIRIT to add specific, class based effects, as well as 20% of
    the target's max health as additional damage, lowered by resistance. Suggestions -
    Luminary - (adds ablaze, fire)
    Templar - (2s stun, cutting/blunt)
    Ascendril - (2 random limb breaks, magic/cold),
    Sentinels - (2 loki ticks, poison)
    Shaman - (2 shaman specific affs (spiritbane/blight/stormtouch/infest), asphyxiation/electric)

At the time it was deemed too powerful for the numbers used, which I was completely fine with.
    Oonagh
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Stine said:

I threw up an idea for it as you can see in report 2647 a year ago whereby the more people channeling onto a Zealot would provide more damage/effects for an attack akin to Radiance from Telepathy, but starting at a low threshold and only getting stronger by diverse classes supporting them.

each spirit class can CHANNEL (user) SPIRIT to add specific, class based effects, as well as 20% of
    the target's max health as additional damage, lowered by resistance. Suggestions -
    Luminary - (adds ablaze, fire)
    Templar - (2s stun, cutting/blunt)
    Ascendril - (2 random limb breaks, magic/cold),
    Sentinels - (2 loki ticks, poison)
    Shaman - (2 shaman specific affs (spiritbane/blight/stormtouch/infest), asphyxiation/electric)

At the time it was deemed too powerful for the numbers used, which I was completely fine with.
    yes something like this can be very powerful, but also the need to get that many people together at one time and use their abilities like this, would take some coordination as well.

Could even put a timer on it, where when the first person uses their ability then the others have so much time to use it as well or its a miss. Also could be a set up on a target in order to get to use the ability.

The restrictions can be even more based on balancing of course. I just thought it would be cool to see what others thought on a what if basis. See some creative minds posting here.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• edited July 2020
    Rather than a pile-on effect, I think some sort of catch-up mechanic, which favors smaller groups in some way, would be better. Maybe BOLSTER (target) (SHADOW|SPIRIT) could give audits boosts, damage boosts, or similar effects based on class. It would only be usable during ylem battles (not Orrery) when that side is outnumbered. It'd be like some subtle ylem forces naturally flow in equal parts to Shadow and Spirits sides, so the outnumbered side takes advantage of their short numbers by harnessing the extra ylem energy. When they're doing so, they use some of their training to color how they go about harnessing it (Syssin could give a balance boost; Shaman could give massive elemental audit boosts; Carnifex could give damage boost and an anti-resurrection effect).

For diversity's sake, you would only have one effect on you at a time, could only give out one effect at a time, and would not be able to bolster someone of the same class.

You'd need to be in an unstable area to use it, your side would have to be outnumbered by more than X players (3-5, or maybe more than 50% the size of your group), and the bolster buffs would immediately disappear if the player numbers even out.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Seurimas said:

Rather than a pile-on effect, I think some sort of catch-up mechanic, which favors smaller groups in some way, would be better. Maybe BOLSTER (target) (SHADOW|SPIRIT) could give audits boosts, damage boosts, or similar effects based on class. It would only be usable during ylem battles (not Orrery) when that side is outnumbered. It'd be like some subtle ylem forces naturally flow in equal parts to Shadow and Spirits sides, so the outnumbered side takes advantage of their short numbers by harnessing the extra ylem energy. When they're doing so, they use some of their training to color how they go about harnessing it (Syssin could give a balance boost; Shaman could give massive elemental audit boosts; Carnifex could give damage boost and an anti-resurrection effect).

For diversity's sake, you would only have one effect on you at a time, could only give out one effect at a time, and would not be able to bolster someone of the same class.

You'd need to be in an unstable area to use it, your side would have to be outnumbered by more than X players (3-5, or maybe more than 50% the size of your group), and the bolster buffs would immediately disappear if the player numbers even out.

maybe a step further....

use this ability on who is the caller of the group to keep them alive longer? It seems its always a dog pile on the same few targets till those are done then picking off the others after that. Mainly those who are the leaders or well known callers of the groups.

That would make for an interesting battle..... have them not be able to attack or limited abilities, and like a general only get into battle when there are a certain percentage of people alive in that tether at the location?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax