Artifact ideas

1232425262729»

Comments

• Amulet of Roan

Wearing this power will passively draw souls into your soulstone for use with deathlore.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    MacavityArdent
  • Keg of Capturing. throwing this will capture all carnifex in the area. Captures Mjolls three times.

MjollEscelikaHawaGalileiRhineArdentZailaOonagh
  • Something like the shrunken head artifact, but it gives you the decorated skull of target instead of a shrunken head!
    Ardent
  • Carnifex artifact to lower the cooldown on the mastery skill talent selection.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    ArdentSaybre
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    an artifact that lets people kiss me from anywhere in the world

VharenLinHawa
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    if the changes for the shared health and defs are to remain....an artifact that reverts that back to what it was before? or gives you two sip balances so you can health and another def if need be, but not double health or mana
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • A job notice

This artifact will add a line to your survey indicating how many quests you have remaining to find in the current area.

You discern that you are standing in Mournhold.
    Your environment conforms to that of Village.
    You stand upon the Continent of Sapience.
    You are in the Prime Material Plane.
    You have explored 100% of this area.
    You have discovered 3 of 7 quests in this area.

Obviously would only work with quests in the "new" system. The atlas really pushed me to explore areas more thoroughly because I HATE seeing that I have discovered 98% of an area. Plus it scratches my completionist itch when I can finally say I have explored an entire area. This would do the same, but for quests.
    MjollRhineSardara
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    A portable oven would be nice. So you don't have to track down an oven when in desperate need of muffins.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Sessizlik said:

A portable oven would be nice. So you don't have to track down an oven when in desperate need of muffins.

You can actually cook in things like fireplaces and firepits made via furniture. You're a bit SOL if you specify the heatsource in your cooking design as that becomes the ONLY source you can use.

That being said...

If there were a portable oven artifact, I can't help but imagine an Easy Bake Oven type thing. Not a camp stove. An Easy Bake Oven...my brain is weird.
  • Phoenecia said:

Sessizlik said:

You can actually cook in things like fireplaces and firepits made via furniture. You're a bit SOL if you specify the heatsource in your cooking design as that becomes the ONLY source you can use.

That being said...

If there were a portable oven artifact, I can't help but imagine an Easy Bake Oven type thing. Not a camp stove. An Easy Bake Oven...my brain is weird.
    The *ding* when it ends cooking should be heard area wide so everyone knows to come looking for baked treats.
    SessizlikTeaniZeheia
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I need an easy bake oven that gives off an area-wide 'ding'. Can we make that happen?
    Teani
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    @Sessizlik I actually make due with the Survival Campfire creation. It's quite useful.

Fun fact: You can also use teapots as a cooking tool too, even though it's WEIRD..AND they don't accept the toolboost runes.
    Axius said:

@Sessizlik I actually make due with the Survival Campfire creation. It's quite useful.

Fun fact: You can also use teapots as a cooking tool too, even though it's WEIRD..AND they don't accept the toolboost runes.

wait....does the toolboost rune have to be attached to something in order for you to get the boost? thought it was just in your inventory to work?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• a lozenge of peculiarity: Upon consumption, convert learned attack styles for classes that you no longer possess into character-bound style scrolls with no tradein value, allowing them to be reallocated among your current classes.
    OonaghIazamatRhineEscelikaAyastia
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Macavity said:

Axius said:

wait....does the toolboost rune have to be attached to something in order for you to get the boost? thought it was just in your inventory to work?
    yes, yes you do. I usually attach mine to my cooking kettle.
    Axius said:

Macavity said:

Axius said:

it does not say that in the ap info file of the artifact. I mean one could assume since its a rune that it would work like the other weapon runes but they actually say needs to be attached to work while this one does not. Also do we have to use our magnet in order to get the rune back from the item? This causes another cool down on top of our weapon runes, so is this rune free for the magnet?

@Tiur ?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Macavity said:

Axius said:

Macavity said:

Axius said:

it does not say that in the ap info file of the artifact. I mean one could assume since its a rune that it would work like the other weapon runes but they actually say needs to be attached to work while this one does not. Also do we have to use our magnet in order to get the rune back from the item? This causes another cool down on top of our weapon runes, so is this rune free for the magnet?

@Tiur ?
    yeah I just tried to attach this rune to a lot of different items and it says it cannot be added to ask Tiur hmm
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Bring back Tattoo Stamps but put a ~1 minute aggression cooldown on them so they won't replace artifact tattoos in PK. I really really really really really really really hate having to ink tattoos like this when I change classes.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
  • Add reduced vigilance cooldown to golem artifact please. Or replace leveling golem to 100. Or something.

• edited September 2021
    A "prop" artifact: prop12345

What this would allow the owner (and only the owner) to do is set a custom appearance, dropped, and examined (with limited characters?) on the artifact prop, at will (no customization queue), so that the prop can be added to a scene. So, for instance:

prop appearance a ball

prop dropped a ball has come to a stop here

prop examined it's a ball and this is only an example what do you want from me

And then you'd be able to drop the prop (which would still appear as prop12345 on IH) and you would see the prop as a ball. The appearance/dropped/examined would last thirty minutes to an hour, tops, and then revert to its default prop description. Given how it could be used, I imagine it would need to be rather pricey, somewhere upwards of 1500cr, because...

This is majorly abusable, even if it was attached to the POSE ITEM system for administration to monitor. We obviously don't want people making the prop look like a katana, even for thirty minutes, or running around with sex toys or even trying to make the prop appear as other player characters. I know the idea is a longshot, but I wouldn't mind discussing how to curb abuse and make monitoring for abuse feasible so that maybe it's possible someday. Ideas?

Edit: The alternative is making a general use "graffiti" artifact that allows you to add temporary lines to rooms you personally own with similar limits. Example: A pile of clothes has been heaped in the corner, each article tossed upon another haphazardly. - this would be seen in the room when you LOOK or GLANCE.
    TetchtaLin
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited September 2021
    Honestly, as far as abuse mitigation goes, I'd say that it could just be something that has really strict penalties for abuse. Take the Artie away (or temporary time outs from using it) if people violate the rules, and police it through issues like anything else. Kinda like how Tetchta isn't allowed to do marriage ceremonies anymore. Abuse it, lose it. Though I also think there should be some window for forgiveness for folks making mistakes. I mean emotes are similarly abusable but we very rarely see anything go wrong with them, and when they do, they get issued (correctly). Accounting for abuse is good, but I also think it might be a little bit of worrying over nothing in this case.

Also folk should at least be able to make them into sex toys in private, but turning them into nipple rings should be met with a permaban no matter where it's done.

IazamatSryaenXavinReaveSeurimasMatiRhine
  • A totally not-fake olive branch - 30 ic

OFFER BRANCH TO <faction>. One-time use to resolve enemy status to a faction that lacks a way to have enemy status removed normally. Example: Militia of Raim Vale. Does not work on player cities.

In case people were into that sort of thing. Because you accidentally hit someone and you want them to not hate you anymore!

AxiusNipsyValorie
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    I did an IDEA for this, IDEA 4439.

However,

An artifact idea for Oneiromancers/Indorani - a sterile venantium-banded jar -
    A place to store hearts and memories for quick use, the decay time on hearts is quite low, I imagine
    it is the same for memories, it would be nice to have a little storage, even if its like....just 3
    or something, its enough to regenerate well enough
    Alela
  • Nipsy said:

I did an IDEA for this, IDEA 4439.

However,

An artifact idea for Oneiromancers/Indorani - a sterile venantium-banded jar -
    A place to store hearts and memories for quick use, the decay time on hearts is quite low, I imagine
    it is the same for memories, it would be nice to have a little storage, even if its like....just 3
    or something, its enough to regenerate well enough

Make it a frame, for Oneiromancers.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

NipsyAlelaWjoltyrKeroc
  • New vox: chatty or gregarious or something like that
    Something like:
    Rapid-fire words reach you courtesy of Sarran, "Blah."
    Stumbling over his words in his haste to get them out, Sarran tells you, "Blah."
    Sarran's words bombard you at a breakneck pace, "Blah."