Losing Weight

2»

Comments

• Why'd you cut out coffee? Does that contain gluten?

Anyway, you'll manage quite well with practice. Once you've accepted what you can and can't eat, you'll realize there's still plenty of recipes available to you. As it turns out, veggies and meat is a very awesome diet that provides you with plenty of vitamins, satiety and is very friendly to weight loss.

I'd start by figuring out oopsie bread!

• Piper said:
    However, I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around substitutions for my love of bread and chips and everything else that I can't eat anymore, for. No more convenient food, it seems like. No more beer. I also cut coffee out... anyways, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Quinoa noodles are amazing. In my opinion, they taste better than regular noodles. Raw quinoa has a pretty funky texture, so if you've tried that before, and disliked it, don't discount the noodles yet. Also, a company called Udi makes phenomenal gluten free bread. As long as you toast it first, it tastes better than regular bread (toasting it is essential, because you have to keep it in the freezer so it doesn't dry out). Rice cakes are great, as are sweet potato chips. Gluten-free pancake mix exists, is relatively cheap, and is delicious. 

Alternatively, just do what I do, and buy some gluten-free flour and make your own bread! Bread baking is nowhere near as labor intensive as people make it out to be - it's about as hard as making muffins. It just involves more waiting. 

As for the weight-loss aspect of this thread, I think everyone has said it already. You cannot go wrong with veggies and meat. 
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

Hadoryu said:
    Why'd you cut out coffee? Does that contain gluten?

Was aiding in the acid reflux symptom to the point where just coffee was making me want to vomit. Seemed better to cut it then deal with it throughout the process.

I should get into making my own bread! Brynn's player does it and I could probably get some good tips from her. Right now, I'm living on a diet of yogurt, fruit, veggies, and REGRETS when I get super hungry.

Hadoryu
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I went from 220lbs to 185 in a couple months from becoming vegan, watching my carb/sugar intake, and eating about 5-6 small to medium sized meals a day in place of 3 large ones.  Also not drinking alcohol midweek seemed to help.
    I've actually been considering a 5 day a week vegan diet with two cheat days. Seen a few blogs and videos from people that benefit from that. Planning on getting a blender and seeing how I do with chomping on yogurt, berries, nuts and beans for a week before I commit, though.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    http://afarmerinthedell.com/2012/11/02/chipotle-quinoa-sweet-potato-patties/

Spaghetti squash is an awesome pasta substitute also
  • edited March 2013
    @Piper, I have been on a glutten free diet for about 2 years now. Since the GF got it right after the birth of my son.  I have pleanty of recipes and such if you want them.  She is from an old Italian Family too, so like pastas, bread and all that we have managed to find great substitutes to be able to make almost everything.

HadoryuHaven
    @Damonicus

Shoot some to me! I'd love some favorite recipe of both of yours :)
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Dr. Landis: Have you lost weight?
    Me: Yes ma'am.
    Dr. Landis: *pause* ... *peer* ... Like a -LOT- of weight?
    Me: Yes ma'am.

+1 good feels
    PiperRhoEmelleHavenHadoryuAryanne