Short Questions

Comments

• If there is a magically locked door in a city, how do you unlock it? This is specifically a character building, so it's technically not in the city, but in the neighborhood.
  • Magically locked doors are locked by a city official with the CITY LOCK command. Someone would need to CITY UNLOCK it.

• Xavin said:

Magically locked doors are locked by a city official with the CITY LOCK command. Someone would need to CITY UNLOCK it.

Both a CL and Minister of Development tried to do that yesterday and it didn't work.
  • Martinaux said:

Xavin said:

Magically locked doors are locked by a city official with the CITY LOCK command. Someone would need to CITY UNLOCK it.

Both a CL and Minister of Development tried to do that yesterday and it didn't work.
    I believe it's a Chancellor thing iirc.
  • If it physically belongs to a player, I don't think anyone but the one who owns it can open it (or someone with a key).
    Oonagh
  • Sanir said:

If it physically belongs to a player, I don't think anyone but the one who owns it can open it (or someone with a key).

Magically locked and locked are two layers. Magically locked prevents any player, even the owner, from unlocking the door. It must be removed first. Then, players can unlock it again.
    Martinaux
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Would the correct term for a person who was born on the Spirit Plane be 'Rewh'vaian' ? I.e. Aban is Rewh'vaian in the same way that Benedicto is an Aetolian? I'm assuming that Duamvi is the racial equivalent. He's a Duamvi from Rewh'va in the same way that Benedicto is a Kelki from Aetolia?

If not, what would it be?
    Zaila
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    When did lyre (prismatic barrier) get nerfed, and where can I send my medical bills.
  • How do you submit a customization with a certificate?
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Try CUSTOMIZE

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Martinaux said:

How do you submit a customization with a certificate?

CUSTOMIZE as normal, as long as it's a 50cr cost customization it will use the cert first.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• Thanks!
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    These may have come up somewhere before, but I don't remember. Sorry in advance!

1. Do vampires have reflections?

2. Would a vampire cry, blood, normal tears, or something else entirely?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yes to the first. I think the lore on the second was... (Back in the day at least) That all of the vampire's bodily fluids were blood, but that with a conscious effort they could produce the regular fluids. (A la masquerade) But normally tears etc would be blood.
    Sarita
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    How many credits would it cost me, to be able to have a weaponbelt that can store all of my crafting boons, as well as my scalpel and my codex? hehe. I ask for a friend.
  • edited May 2020
    [deleted by user]
    Lin
  • Hey, so... are we still getting those classRP help files?
  • Zaila said:

With my many years of Vamp-related-mudboning experience, I can definitely say that (whether or not it is actually lore-consistent) players universally RP that Vamps can/do produce non-blood bodily fluids on a regular basis.

How many credits would it cost me to purge this sentence from my mind?
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    RhineBlanche
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Hawa said:

Zaila said:

With my many years of Vamp-related-mudboning experience, I can definitely say that (whether or not it is actually lore-consistent) players universally RP that Vamps can/do produce non-blood bodily fluids on a regular basis.

Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

SeurimasRhyotKarhastZaila
  • Hawa said:

Zaila said:

• Whom do I have to bribe to get a unique deathsight for Desiccation Curse? I keep sniping people with it and want my recognition!
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Well, this a "short questions about the game" thread, from what I understand. His question is a question for the admin about the intended financial/promotional/political situation IRL -

For that, here's a thread that would apply: https://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/2579/the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-promotions
    BorminchiaIazamatIllikaalMephistolesOonaghHawaBlancheTetchtaArdent
  • Zaila said:

Well, this a "short questions about the game" thread, from what I understand. His question is a question for the admin about the intended financial/promotional/political situation IRL -

For that, here's a thread that would apply: https://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/2579/the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-promotions

Not only does the original post of this thread not specify what the short questions should be about, the reference to last month's charity promotion in Iazamat's post was just a small part of the general question being asked.

Disregarding his post and linking to an arguably even more unrelated thread is a rather odd choice here.
    IazamatIllikaalSibattiMephistolesOonaghHawaBulrokRhineArdent
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I'm confused, why is the thread about what people want to see in promotions not the thread that questions about intended promotions belong?
    BorminchiaMephistolesOonaghIllikaalIazamatHawaRhineSibattiArdent
  • Iazamat said:

Will IRE, or Aetolia specifically, be making any statements in support of Black Lives Matter and in opposition of police brutality? Will either be making donations to BLM or BLM-adjacent charities? Given last month's charity promotion and how much it was lauded, as well as recent concerns over fascist iconography within Aetolia, it'd be nice to see IRE put their money where their mouth is and let their BIPoC players know they stand with them during these times.

Edit: I guess I should have tagged @Tiur.

Edit: Folks, the Off Topic flags? Not as cute as you think they are. I didn't want to make a new thread, I want a yes/no answer. You're showing your asses.

There is more than just "what people want to see in promotions" being discussed/questioned in his post. That seems rather clear?
    IazamatIllikaalOonaghZailaHawaBulrokArdent