Announce post #3098: May

5/31/2020 at 19:08
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
May

This is not the promotion post for June, I just need to express some things:

Aetolia has just had its best month ever. As in, EVER, ever. Matt will have the big official post with the numbers given, charity percents, penguins sold, etc... but I just wanted to throw out how huge that is.

We didn't add some new system, artifact, whatever... just put up some requested items and earmarked a % for charity, and the community response was large enough to drown out every promotion ever. You are all the best. You are all awesome. I love my players.

With the official day change I'll post the promotion, which because I'm not greedy will be a smaller, tamer promotion, but I'll also add this:

Everyone who logged in for May will get a small plushie of the plague doctor penguin. Every 48 hours you can SQUEEZE DOLL to get an hour of buffs. You might not be able to see the buffs with DIAG or STAT, but they're giving you extra xp, crits, gold, damage, etc. Anything I could think of really. If I think of more, I'll add them too. After June the plushes will convert to a plush with some special reactions, non-decay, as a reminder of how great I think you all are.

You're awesome, thank you.
-T

PS If this reads weird it's because it's in my voice without editing. Normally I ask a Celani to make sure I make sense, but I wanted this genuine.

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 1st of Chakros, in the year 488 MA.
SibattiFezzixBlancheNisaviSeurimasStineDrystinTaiyangRebraOonaghAloliTekiasEscelikaSaritaLinGavramelCayn

Comments

• Aetolia has just had its best month ever. As in, EVER, ever.

Bro.. did I not say that I would make it rain if you made salvage available? I'm a man of my word. My resume is in your inbox btw. B)

-Drystin, Bringer of Rain

PS:
    You're awesome, thank you.
    - Nou! Jokes aside, I really loved this month's promotion. Thank you!
  • clearly we need salvage direct once a year tied to some charity.

BlancheEscelikaCaynDrystin
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Ehtias said:

clearly we need salvage direct once a year tied to some charity.

That's been phrased as a joke, but....actually, yeah. It'd effect Aet's bottom line percentage-wise for the month, but I imagine there's more willingness to give if it's tied to a charity, this a higher overall gain.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

EscelikaOonaghBlanche
  • It wasn't a joke.

EscelikaTekiasCayn
  • I hope it happens again so I can take part in it. I couldn't this time.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Ehtias said:

It wasn't a joke.

Sorry, just it started with 'clearly' so I took it with sarcasm. Misread, my bad.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    > be me

> be vocal and outspoken against IRE's monetization practices

> ... spend hundreds of dollars on Aetolia in two weeks
    BlancheBenedictoZeheia
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I thought it amusing enough to bring up:

I wrote the code wrong and gave a penguin to everyone who had a last login < 31 days. We pre-allocate numbers for players that MAY exist in the future, to avoid some overlapping problems that could arise. Coders know what I did!

The Once and Future Penguin
    EscelikaZeheiaGavramelXavinAloli