MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Still the wrong thread!

https://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/2334/mildly-irritating-aetolias-pet-peeves#latest
    ^^^ is where game-related complaints belong ^^^
    LinMjollRhine
  • edited March 2020
    Xfinity has this new web portal for port forwarding and, unfortunately, it just decided to stop working.
    Add on to that I slept through my alarm so I couldn't troubleshoot it this morning because I'm rushing into work.
    The upshot is, my VPN and Mudlet proxy are both inaccessible and now I can't use my basher from work and I'm mad! 😡
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • I hate the Nintendo Switch dock only working 10% of the time so I end up not being able to use it as a console and having to play handheld on the tiny screen.
  • @Escelika That and when my switch joycon won't stop drifting. Luckily, they opened up some service areas so I can mail them in... someday. Who knows when they'll accept them. /me is on waiting list.

EscelikaRhine
  • I basically can only use the pro controller now. I just want to play some more of this 10-year-old IOS game I got for free thanks to gold tokens... Rimelands: Hammer of Thor.
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Darksouls 3... on Keyboard and Mouse...

It's not the cluckerfust that DS1 or DS2 is on KB/M... but -dang- is it a mess...

Just a whole lotta this in general VVV

• DS2 is best DS.
    Lin
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I tend to get drunk and stream me playing it @Escelika, but sadly no controller means I can't even play it on my own time, much less stream it.
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Fuck the post office.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Not really a mad.... but more just a sense of utter defeat.....

I had been working on a new script over the past couple weeks and my mudlet unexpectedly crashed and the autosave didn't save my script. So I just lost 4 hours of coding time and about 200+ lines of code.... just gone.

Darim
  • My utmost condolences, comrade. That is indeed the stuff nightmares are made of. 

I know this does nothing for you now, but I’ve learned through the years to do my large writing inside of Sublime or Notepad++, and then transfer it into a script within Mudlet when I’m ready to test. I’ve had my whole rig crash before, and the entire thing was still there waiting for me when I rebooted. (Autosave tunctions are the best)

Best of luck!!!
    IazamatEnsis
  • edited May 2020
    Last night riots broke out in my city, people set the courthouse/police station on fire and looted and shattered the windows of many businesses.
    Tonight a curfew is in place, and there are riot police everywhere.

We live in a time that is wrought with alot of turmoil, anger, emotion, and historical

The most recent happenings with George Floyd I am not privy to even discuss my feelings of it, because in earnest because im a caucasian male in this country and I do not know what it is like to be a POC and experience the adversity that a POC has to face in America. I cannot imagine what those who are earnestly trying to serve our country and protect others are experiencing because of those in law enforcement that produce a violent and hateful rhetoric against POC. The best I can offer at the end of the day is myself to anyone feeling anger, frustration, and any emotions regarding this situations, like many others who are willing we will stand and listen and hear out individual stories.

Let us not lose sight of the importance and purpose of educating others of our trauma and struggles.
    Let not these emotions devolve into more hate and more violence.

I hope that injustice one day stops, but until then we have to do our best to support one another and im saddened to see so much violence and hate in our country right now.

I can start and say sorry, and hope that others follow.

Sorry I needed to get this off my chest, especially working where I work/live and what I do for a living, this hits me really hard because I have many of my residents who are very upset right now, and when you are a person who comes from a background that is riddled with trauma, these acts are harmful and terrifying, I can't even imagine...but I can be present.

Thank you for letting me just use this as a position to let this out....im sitting in my office and my mind is going a million miles a minute while I process incident reports.
    MartinauxDarimKatie
  • On top of everything now I’m at the emergency veterinarian.
    My ten month old puppy had a seizure this morning.

Panic attack ensues
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I am very sorry to hear about your puppy. I hope it is okay! My best dog ever had seizures, and it's important to remember that they don't even usually know it happened, it's a super livable condition.
    OonaghNisaviEscelika
  • Good news is, we have her on medication now and things seem to have normalized...for the time being.
    We have some follow ups to do, and if she has another seizure while on meds we have to do an MRI.

More rioting last night and the military being deployed tonight in the City...
    Im wiped out.
    Didi
  • Stay home, stay safe and have a plan mate.
    Drystin
  • RihrinRihrin Duiran
    I hate nervousness that makes you not sleep well or wakes you up. Got me up at 4AM and couldn't sleep again. I'm going to have another long day.
    CaynBenedictoDarimBlancheAloli
  • Rihrin said:

I hate nervousness that makes you not sleep well or wakes you up. Got me up at 4AM and couldn't sleep again. I'm going to have another long day.

I know well, that feeling. I'm sorry that you're having it :(
    Rihrin
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Feeling emotionally exhausted all week long from seeing and dealing with people's insane opinions about holding people accountable for wrong doing.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    DarimFezzixZailaEscelikaLinHawaGavramel
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    More of a sad than a mad, but my aunt's funeral was today. Only ten people were allowed to go to the gravesite, and the rest had a zoom meeting set up. There were over 30 callers (not sure how many total people) trying to get in on the meeting, and it turned out that the person who was supposed to start it at the site messed it up, so we all missed it. We have another memorial service kind of thing set for tomorrow night, but that's not quite the same.
    ZailaCaynAloliBlanche
  • Sarita said:

More of a sad than a mad, but my aunt's funeral was today. Only ten people were allowed to go to the gravesite, and the rest had a zoom meeting set up. There were over 30 callers (not sure how many total people) trying to get in on the meeting, and it turned out that the person who was supposed to start it at the site messed it up, so we all missed it. We have another memorial service kind of thing set for tomorrow night, but that's not quite the same.

That really sucks. A close friend of mine only got to tell her grandpa goodbye over the phone. Very sad thing to have to do. I'm sorry for your loss, Sarita.
    CaynAloliBlanche
  • I was watching Iron Chef and this asshat from Australia comes out and starts raving how he wants to face off against the OG Iron Chef so here I am getting all excited for a Morimoto battle and this HEIFER calls out Bobby Flay.
    HOW DARE.

Morimoto is original OG Iron Chef before they put all this modern american twists and redid the whole show. >:| So angry!

IllikaalZeheia
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Morimoto:

TO HELL WITH ALL YOU DIRTY HEATHENS!!

Also, loved Morimoto. Bobbly Flay can suck it.

• TiurTiur Producer
    Aniko said:

I was watching Iron Chef and this asshat from Australia comes out and starts raving how he wants to face off against the OG Iron Chef so here I am getting all excited for a Morimoto battle and this HEIFER calls out Bobby Flay.
    HOW DARE.

Morimoto is original OG Iron Chef before they put all this modern american twists and redid the whole show. >:| So angry!

That asshat is a BLASPHEMER!

Morimoto would destroy all. How can this person call Flay the OG?
    ZeheiaOonaghAnikoIllikaal
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    *chants* Mo-ri-mo-to, Mo-ri-mo-to!

Bobby Flay. Blech.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    OonaghAniko
  • For those not in the know. Flay and Morimoto had a battle that Flay won by like 1-3 points or something, and the first thing he did was jump up on the COUNTER ON HIS CUTTING BOARD to celebrate. Morimoto said, to the camera, at that match, Flay wasn't a chef, he has no respect.

In the battles since, Morimoto has won basically all of them.

Also, OG Iron Cheft would be Michiba. The guy who predated Morimoto.
    OonaghAnikoDrystin
  • the original iron chef shows are so much more entertaining

RhyotOonaghAnikoIllikaalGavramelZaila
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Ardent said:
    For those not in the know. Flay and Morimoto had a battle that Flay won by like 1-3 points or something, and the first thing he did was jump up on the COUNTER ON HIS CUTTING BOARD to celebrate.
    What a badass
    ArdentHawa
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Ardent said:

For those not in the know. Flay and Morimoto had a battle that Flay won by like 1-3 points or something, and the first thing he did was jump up on the COUNTER ON HIS CUTTING BOARD to celebrate. Morimoto said, to the camera, at that match, Flay wasn't a chef, he has no respect.

Worse than that! Bobby declared victory and jumped up to rouse the crowd.. THEN LOST. He did it again for the next battle, after removing the cutting board, and lost. But he blamed the loss on some accidents... so battle three he won. Then he lost. Then he won a team battle.

I.. like Iron Chef.
    RhyotOonaghZeheiaArdentGavramel