Post Your Pictures!

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    I feel like all the people I grew up playing aetolia with these past 12 years are all having kids, gettin married, and its an eerie remind that i'm getting ooooooooold.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    ZailaNaosArosBlancheHavenEydisLin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Illidan said:
    I feel like all the people I grew up playing aetolia with these past 12 years are all having kids, gettin married, and its an eerie remind that i'm getting ooooooooold.
    Speaking of age :wink: , this is my "baby":
    Soon to be 18

ZailaGavramelSaglaDarimIllikaal
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited June 2020
    You might want to blackout the name at the top so you don't get in trouble for HIPAA violations.

• Thanks Rhyot! No name included, I made sure of it, but if you want to squint real close, it says my patient's age: 49Y | Exam: 29-JUN-2020 (yes it means I took the pic today <_) MRI, Whole Spine | Location unspecified.

Dude has a really bad back problem. :X
    RhyotGavramelZaila
    edited July 2020
    I visited a castle today (one of many here in Sweden). Here's a little something for you to enjoy:

One of the four corner towers

Some armor in the first chamber (of three) of the armory

A 360 degree view of the second chamber of the armory. These are all from the 1600s or earlier, as nothing has been added since the owner passed away in year 1676.

Morning stars hanging on the wall in the third chamber of the armory

Not many items remain from Native Americans from this early time period, but here lies a rather large portion of them (around 20% I believe they said?), in a chest, protected and looked after. They were obtained through peaceful trading between Native Americans and the early settlers in the Swedish colony "New Sweden", situated on the Delaware river.

KodaEnsisArdentMacavitySryaenStigandrZeheiaZaila
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Teani said:

I visited a castle today (one of many here in Sweden). Here's a little something for you to enjoy:

One of the four corner towers

Some armor in the first chamber (of three) of the armory

A 360 degree view of the second chamber of the armory. These are all from the 1600s or earlier, as nothing has been added since the owner passed away in year 1676.

Morning stars hanging on the wall in the third chamber of the armory

Not many items remain from Native Americans from this early time period, but here lies a rather large portion of them (around 20% I believe they said?), in a chest, protected and looked after. They were obtained through peaceful trading between Native Americans and the early settlers in the Swedish colony "New Sweden", situated on the Delaware river.

I have always wanted to go to Sweden!!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Teani
    edited July 2020
    Hope my pictures inspire you to make that happen, @Macavity!

By the way, here are some more, courtesy of my travel company since my own battery died and I couldn't make the most of it myself. 

Lances inside the nearby church
    Vaulted ceiling in the church

Workbenches and tools left behind by workers in 1676, in the unfinished ballroom

King's room

Unfinished ballroom
    Hallway with painted ceiling 

MacavityZeheiaZaila
  • I don't know if the stars lined up perfectly or what, but the coincidence is unusual. Recently in the game, my character did this little project of analyzing the water works and sewers of Enorian. Two days after it was complete, I landed a job at a nearby Water/Waste Plant (today).

Apparently I have homework now to take care of every night, and a new career to look forward to.

NaosSryaenGalileiZeheiaTeaniKodaZailaGavramelDarim
  • Are we playing catch up? Here are my babies 
    StigandrGavramelSryaenRhineDarimZeheia
  • Work feels like a fortified compound and I love it.

Sryaen
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Oh hey I shot a bunch of Russian dudes there on Goldeneye
    StigandrSryaenRhineCayn
  • Stop putting grease/oil down the drain. It hurts your local wastewater treatment plant.

DidiRhine
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    The fuck is THAT?! Did someone take a dump in a reservoir??

Also, how the hell do you clean THAT?!

Stigandr
  • StigandrStigandr v5735
    edited July 2020
    That's all the oil/grease etc that people throw down their drains.

It get's run through a few filtering/separation processes. Regardless, it causes damage to the machinery.

@Rhyot The last stage once all the bad is separated is it's ran through a UV process. It scrambles the DNA of any bacteria/organisms that may be left over and makes them harmless. Aside from that, a few nitrates are released, and solid wasted get's turned into "cake", which can be turned into fertilizer.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    When you say oil/grease.... are we talking like vegetable/corn oil and grease like bacon grease??

Or something else entirely?? Cause I'm guilty of pouring vegetable oil down the drain.

Stigandr
  • StigandrStigandr v5735
    edited July 2020
    All the above. STOP PUTTING VEGETABLE OIL DOWN THE DRAIN, GOSH. @Rhyot
    SryaenEoros
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    How else am I supposed to dispose of it?!?!?! I don't want to just pour it into my trash bag!!!

Have you ever carried a trash bag that's sloshing around with liquid in it?!?! I mean..... I guess I could just keep the empty bottle of vegetable oil and then use a funnel to put it back in when I throw it away. WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME DO MORE WORK?!?!?!

StigandrGavramel
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    We have green bins up here for food garbage. Take a paper towel, wipe down your pan, toss the paper towel in the green bin. 
    SryaenStigandr
  • Here we have a dumpster for trash (and everything else) and recycle bins with a 16-page printout on the outside of what, how, and exactly how much you can recycle.
    SryaenStigandr
  • Lol, yeah. The county I live in in California is pretty strict about what waste goes where. Recycling can only contain certain stuff. Green waste (food scraps, bio stuff). Trash can only contain anything that's not recyclable/compostable. As Phoe said, you can use a paper towel to scrape off like bacon grease and use it later for cooking (i.e. heckin' bomb tamales). Warmer climates may not do as much damage to your plumbing as colder ones, but I'm sure it still causes an issue as it gets down the line to a wastewater plant.

When I was living in Kansas, this kid at my old work poured like 3 qt of bacon grease down the floor drain and jacked up our plumbing. I wanted to strangle him.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    Stigandr
  • Rhyot said:

How else am I supposed to dispose of it?!?!?! I don't want to just pour it into my trash bag!!!

Have you ever carried a trash bag that's sloshing around with liquid in it?!?! I mean..... I guess I could just keep the empty bottle of vegetable oil and then use a funnel to put it back in when I throw it away. WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME DO MORE WORK?!?!?!

SryaenDarimAxiusStigandrLinZeheiaEoros
  • @Rhyot I takeit a step forward and sponge up whats left with a piece of bread, then eat it. Unusual, but I like the oily gristle left over from when I cook.