Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    As a strict user of buyout-only auction items, I would be pretty frustrated to have revoke removed. And I know there are often items for normal bids that have been there for days and days with no bids, and id would be frustrating to be unable to reclaim those items for personal use, alternate sale, or to re post at a lower price. But I can definitely see your point @Czcibor

What about if there have been bids on the item, then you can no longer REVOKE, but instead can RELEASE - sometimes u revoke something because you have the max items in auction and something else you want to put up instead. 
  • Yeah, I don't mind the limit being quite lenient as long as it doesn't mean people end up bidding on something that the seller actually has no intention to sell at the price that was bid on.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Hm, I think we could do that. No eta though, as I'm only like 50% sure I understand auction code.
    ZailaCzcienn
  • Zaila said:

As a strict user of buyout-only auction items, I would be pretty frustrated to have revoke removed.

There's an easy solution here. Don't let the person revoke an item that has a bid on it. This obviously wouldn't affect buyout-only items.
    StineDrystinTekiasZailaAloli
  • TiurTiur Producer
    edited May 2020
    Okay, I did that for now. Considering a reserve or something, but not sure I want to muck with the syntax.

E: By that, I mean I made it so something with a bid on it may not be revoked.
    CzciennZailaAloliGavramel
  • Thanks Tiur. Not sure what you mean about adding a minimum bid field because that already exists.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Simply me being confused at this code, then!
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Not a big deal, but while I was messing around with GMCP, I noticed we don't have a 'season' tag in gmcp.IRE.Time.List, just the months and days. Would be nice to have gmcp.IRE.Time.List.season!
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    EscelikaZailaKarhastDarimNisavi
  • RihrinRihrin Duiran
    @Tiur Could we consider making the auction revoke a little less stringent on not being able to revoke? Say, if it's in the last 10-20% of its time frame for bidding, sure, make it so people can't revoke. But, mine have been on for an hour and I realized I'd like to use the items now - but can't revoke because someone has bid on all of them within that first hour.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I think that's in line with the risk of selling things, though? I could be wrong.
    ZailaStineTeaniRihrinAloli
  • RihrinRihrin Duiran
    Tiur said:

I think that's in line with the risk of selling things, though? I could be wrong.

I mean, it is, but figured I'd ask anyways.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited May 2020
    Personally, I'd be fine with a 'oops I goofed the command and didn't notice right away' grace period, letting Revoke work regardless for an hour or two before it locks down if there's a bid.

edit: I know that logic for such doesn't apply to THIS case, but still.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

RihrinEscelika
  • RihrinRihrin Duiran
    edited May 2020
    Tekias said:

Personally, I'd be fine with a 'oops I goofed the command and didn't notice right away' grace period, letting Revoke work regardless for an hour or two before it locks down if there's a bid.

edit: I know that logic for such doesn't apply to THIS case, but still.

That's actually the logic for me. I thought I hadn't gotten enough pieces, so wasn't going to bother getting more. But then, after I got a moment to really look (had been bashing and dealing with work calls), I realized I should get more to finish out something I was close to finishing. But now, no point since I don't feel like spending the full amount for 15 crowbars again (I was going to take back the 5 and buy another 5, then get the 10 pack).

I don't -mind- them selling for what they might, so that's definitely not my issue here. Just an 'oh crap, I shouldn't have done that' moment.

And definitely not saying I can't deal with my mistake, it's mine, just figured it was something not considered. A 'whups, end that crap quick' situation.
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Any reason why INVCAT is limited to 5 categories and only a handful of filters for each? I'm obsessed with organization so I would love to be able to organize my 80-line inventory.
    TeaniRhineArosEscelikaNisaviAloli
  • Any possibility that QUOTA LOG can be turned into a regular log system that allows folks to check prior days' mist logs?
    DrystinEscelikaZailaBlancheNisaviMephistoles
  • Can we remove the willpower cost on Flairs? It's really the only cosmetic amongst veils, elemental shrouds, etc. that costs willpower -- and some classes are more will-starved than others, meaning they're a bit more restricted in terms of being able to keep it up among other more essential defenses. I don't really think the flairs offer much of a combat benefit that basic triggers/Alertness couldn't solve. So, could we just remove the will cost to them?
    EscelikaDrystinFaeden
  • I've avoided buying a flair because of that drain (and their expense). If you prick a Shaman, they haemorrhage willpower.
    NisaviFaeden
  • Escelika said:

I've avoided buying a flair because of that drain (and their expense). If you prick a Shaman, they haemorrhage willpower.

Don't I know it. Oaths are Will heavy. Even with a willpower artifact and enhanced_greenfoot, you'll still bleed will.
    Benedicto
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Nisavi said:

Escelika said:

I've avoided buying a flair because of that drain (and their expense). If you prick a Shaman, they haemorrhage willpower.

Don't I know it. Oaths are Will heavy. Even with a willpower artifact and enhanced_greenfoot, you'll still bleed will.
    Agreed. Sham willpower drain is real, even with 1/3 of the oaths up and maybe overgrowth hinder or whispers. I have perma owl tattoo and the willpower regen arty and I maybe get 10/15 minutes of use out of Shaman (and this is just standing around mind) before I have to turn everything off and go sit down in a quiet room somewhere to meditate. It really sucks for protracted 1v1 fights, lessers, major or Orrery fights.
    ZailaAloli
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It's way better than it used to be.. Is the wild part.
    Benedicto
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Serious advice, and this is factoring in EVERY advantage arti/statpack wise. 2 oaths if you want to sustain a fight, 3 if you know it's not gunna last forever. don't use tethering or whispers or anything extra like that.
    Escelika
  • Nisavi said:
    Can we remove the willpower cost on Flairs? It's really the only cosmetic amongst veils, elemental shrouds, etc. that costs willpower -- and some classes are more will-starved than others, meaning they're a bit more restricted in terms of being able to keep it up among other more essential defenses. I don't really think the flairs offer much of a combat benefit that basic triggers/Alertness couldn't solve. So, could we just remove the will cost to them?
    I absolutely second this. Flairs really aren’t more disruptive or any different than a shroud/veil/having 3 pets following you/etc. Why is activating a flair the only flavor relic that drains stats? Shamans already have a huge willpower drain, and I’m sure they’re not the only class. I’m constantly having to turn my flair on and off.
    NisaviEscelika
  • KarhastKarhast Enorian
    The spice identification thing in the Epicurean Academy would make for a good milestone.
  • Can we add elemental shroud to the defense database? Phylacteries, flairs, and chrysalis are all a part of it. Would make it easier to track when your shroud is up rather than me trying to blast myself to validate that it's up.
    Escelika
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    When crafters get a rejection comment on their design but are in the middle of hunting or fighting, they'll miss it even if they've created huge system echos for them. If the crafter has submitted a lot of designs at once, it is a pain to go check each design to find the one that got a rejection comment. The worse thing is, after 24 hours the design is automatically removed from the queue because they haven't modified it since the rejection. and we end up with messages like this that come out of the blue:
    Message #1 Sent By: (aetolia) Received On: 6/03/2020/18:40
    "Design 1234 has been rejected automatically by the Crafting Guild. More than 24 hours have passed since an approver noted an error with the design with no modification to it made by you. Please look at DESIGN 1234 to determine why it was rejected, and resubmit with the problems fixed. Thank you."

Can there be some kind of indication, perhaps something like a colored star next to the design that has been rejected when the crafter looks at DESIGN LIST SUBMITTED? Here's an example of what I mean:

Design# Appearance Status Owner Months
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1234* a wooden ring Submitted Aloli 150
    1234 a wooden earring Submitted Aloli 150

I have also submitted idea 2084 for this.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    DarimArbreElene
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    While I will point out that CONFIG ONLINE_MESSAGES is a thing, it's also spammy as all hell when all you need it for is crafting messages. Maybe, even alongside your idea, allowing ONLINE_MESSAGES to be refined further by category (decays/crafting/etc)
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Lin
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited June 2020
    Tekias said:

While I will point out that CONFIG ONLINE_MESSAGES is a thing, it's also spammy as all hell when all you need it for is crafting messages. Maybe, even alongside your idea, allowing ONLINE_MESSAGES to be refined further by category (decays/crafting/etc)

The way I've managed that was by making a special folder for Aetolia in my email and a couple of folders inside that then just had different filters to separate the emails into those folders. I've never had a problem with this when I do turn on these messages.

Edit: Sorry, I thought you were talking about CONFIG EMAILS.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Escelika
  • Sort of combat-ish related, but not really balance related:

The Sect has an issue right now with individuals who like to do near constant challenges. While I have zero issues with fighting individuals, as that is the point of the Sect, once you beat them five times -- you basically get nothing from fighting them. Essentially, I'm risking a great deal with my rating, my seals, death xp, resources, etc. to do a fight where the only thing I stand to gain is one whole seal. The only real solution I can think of this is maybe increasing the timer with accepting challenges and issuing challenges, so we can get variation in the arena. I have nothing against Iadra either, but there are only so many times I care to go against Luminary in its current state as well. Most of the fights in the arena lately can pretty much be boiled down to Jhin and Iadra, so my solution is: extend the timer for Sect challenges to maybe 20-30 minutes, and maybe create a separate timer for accepting challenges as well so we're not getting the same people over and over and over.

Either that, or make it to where I still have something to gain by fighting the same person again.
    ArdentTekiasAros
  • Nisavi said:

Sort of combat-ish related, but not really balance related:

The Sect has an issue right now with individuals who like to do near constant challenges. While I have zero issues with fighting individuals, as that is the point of the Sect, once you beat them five times -- you basically get nothing from fighting them. Essentially, I'm risking a great deal with my rating, my seals, death xp, resources, etc. to do a fight where the only thing I stand to gain is one whole seal. The only real solution I can think of this is maybe increasing the timer with accepting challenges and issuing challenges, so we can get variation in the arena. I have nothing against Iadra either, but there are only so many times I care to go against Luminary in its current state as well. Most of the fights in the arena lately can pretty much be boiled down to Jhin and Iadra, so my solution is: extend the timer for Sect challenges to maybe 20-30 minutes, and maybe create a separate timer for accepting challenges as well so we're not getting the same people over and over and over.

Either that, or make it to where I still have something to gain by fighting the same person again.

Maybe add a confirmation when you go to SECT ACCEPT a spar with someone you've beaten 5 times already. So, you SECT ACCEPT, it says "You're about to spar a frequent conquest of yours. The benefits of victory will be less. SECT ACCEPT CONFIRM to continue with this spar."
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    DrystinArdentNisavi
  • Nisavi said:

Sort of combat-ish related, but not really balance related:

I get where you are coming from and I had the same feeling in wanting to spar more people and different classes and only a few people accepting early on.

I've been trying to ask people individually to spar if I'm looking to fight a specific class to learn of it.

No one uses sect chat much either. Maybe we should use that more.

Escelika