ScioFestival party opening, with a Divine guest

edited May 2020 in Roleplay Logs
I've never really posted a log before, so my apologies if I've missed something. HOWEVER due to request; this was the opening of the Sciomancer's Festival. Since it was requested that guests could attend it was moved from the guild hall to another location, and from there ... Well, this is what happened.

Conservator Ardent Riahl says to you, "Oh, yeah. So. I did invite a Divine."

You tilt your head curiously.

Conservator Ardent Riahl says, "The Malevolent."

Galilei blinks.

The shadows cast by the floor lamps stretch unnaturally, moving away from their appropriate
positions.

Shadus Valdas Karinhi says, "Mm. Excuse me."

Valdas leaves to the down, riding an armoured cyan taerilan.

Conservator Ardent Riahl says, "Pity."

Ardent tilts his head towards the shadows and offers a faint grin.

You have emoted: Pondering for a moment, Raynia glances at the shadows around the lamps, and comments, "Might want to look into turning those up some. I get the feeling it might be a bit darker this afternoon than normal."

The shadows continue to stretch, coalescing at a certain point. Where they meet sits something
monstrous.

"I doubt turning the lamps up would help in this instance mother." Ardent offers as he watches with interest.

Nisavi enters from the down, riding an armoured violet taerilan.

Ardent inclines his head politely to Nisavi.

Nisavi steps into the terrace, notices the form of Iosyne -- without missing a beat, she promptly
turns on her heel and departs.

Nisavi leaves to the down, riding an armoured violet taerilan.

Galilei freezes.

A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A simple, round, iron table is here, 4 simple iron chairs have been placed at it. A simple, round, iron table is here, 4 simple iron chairs have been placed at it. A soft, black velvet couch sits here in west of the room. An ornate fireplace inlaid with topaz dominates the east wall. A frosted, scaled pint glass has been discarded here. A small wooden sphere has been left here. Gazing about with a fearsome glare, a large, feathered and scaled wyrm is here. There are 2 sable warhounds here. Deceptively still, Mortelle, a sable warhound, stands here. There are 6 magnificent, decadent cherry-chocolate layered desserts here. There are 5 pulled lamb with honey mousse and lantern fruit sauces here. There are 6 spiced, radiating-star pastries here. There are 5 delightful cheese spread platters here. There are 5 plates of pancetta wrapped scallops and leeks here. There are 5 fresh tomato with fragrant bacon stuffings here. There are 5 elegant brownie supremes here. There are 5 platters of delectable chocolate truffles here. There are 5 plates of stuffed portabella mushrooms with a candied glaze here. There are 5 cheese-topped stuffed flatbreads here. There are 8 Troll-sized bottles here. There are 29 small tubs of blood-red face paint here. Dark fur stretched tightly over sinewy muscles, this giant wolf snarls at those who walk too close. The monstrous half-woman, half-spider form of Iosyne, the Malevolent is here. Grand Duchess Galilei Nehekhara is here, hidden. Conservator Ardent Riahl is here.
You see a single exit leading down.

Ardent offers Iosyne a deep bow. "You honors us with Your presence."

You say, "Greetings Lady Malevolent. Welcome to my terrace."

Shadows peel away from Iosyne as the Goddess appears, settling back into normalcy. Her ruined white eyes sweep the room, taking in Her surroundings. "Hello," She states simply, turning Her attention to you.

Galilei quietly watches Iosyne, silvery eyes darting somewhere around Her jaw as she stands a little closer to Ardent.

Elene arrives from the down.

Swara arrives from the down.

You say, "Please excuse the wyrm, we can't do a thing with it, and it's tends to be noisy. I've told
Aros it needs retrained."

A fearsome, feathered and scaled wyrm jerks its head to look at Raynia, calling a series of clacksand whistles in recognition of its master's name.

You stare implacably at a fearsome, feathered and scaled wyrm.

A large, writhing tentacle deposits Nisavi before retreating back underground.

Swara gives you a tight hug.

Nodding her head as she adjusts her goggles, a cloaked figure strides over to Galilei, before
handing her sleek jade cigarette.

Elene deftly lowers the hood of a profane cloak of ambiguity, revealing her identity.
Swara gives Ardent a tight hug.

Elene gives a sleek jade cigarette to Galilei.

Ardent gives Swara a tight hug.

Galilei blinks.

Grand Duchess Galilei Nehekhara says to Elene, "Oh - er, thank you."

Iosyne pays no attention to the tentacle as it retreats back underground. She insteads moves forward through the room, one spindly leg carelessly piercing a plate of flatbread through as She studies the tubs of facepaint adorning the room. "I was not aware mortals ate paint," She states bemusedly.

Squire Elene Arcan says to Galilei, "A different blend this time, romevi-."

Swara inclines her head politely to those around her.

Ayuna arrives from the down.

A fearsome, feathered and scaled wyrm shakes his great head, ruffling his feathers, and clacks his beak as he looks about.

"I was told it was more for fun than food." Ardent offers to Iosyne in an honest tone.

You have emoted: "The guild was hosting a festival, it was for painting faces," Raynia offers in way of explanation.

Ardent nods his head at you, showing his acceptance.

Elene crooks her head to the side, her pale gaze refocusing as her attention is caught by Iosyne's form. It is clearly, very different from her crystalline arachnid, which she must have previously mistaken Her for.

Nisavi appears to be initially taciturn -- before becoming absolutely nonplussed by the sudden shift in familiar scenery. There is a dawning realization upon the Idreth's features before she turns to all those present and, with a sharp inhale and exhale, offers what she can in a humble, respectful bow. "All," she states before shifting her bowed head in Iosyne's direction, "Lady Malevolence."

Blood drips from Ayuna's gown, pooling in the room around her feet.

Conservator Ardent Riahl says to Ayuna, "Glad you could make it."

Zhukov enters from the down, riding a white-cloaked gryphon.

Blood drips from Ayuna's gown, pooling in the room around her feet.

Her gaze raking across Iosyne's form, Elene completes her silent observation before dipping her head briefly in respect.

Ardent inclines his head politely to Zhukov.

Zhukov inclines his head politely to those around him.

You raise your hand in greeting to Zhukov and say "Hi!"

Zhukov Ta'kar, of the Reach says, "Hello."

Zhukov bows respectfully to Iosyne.

Without glancing back, Iosyne extends a leg, sweeping Nisavi closer to the Goddess. She leans in uncomfortably close to Nisavi, Her eyes closing shut as She breathes in Nisavi's scent. "Delightful," She declares, low voice nearly a purr. "You are the one who offers such lovely
sacrifices."

A fearsome, feathered and scaled wyrm's tail slowly writhes back and forth, not unlike a cat's
before it pounces.

Ayuna gazes about the room, taking in the presence of those surrounding her. "You asked so kindly," she intones at Ardent. She inclines to Iosyne from behind an anonymous, featureless mask, taking in Her movements towards Nisavi.

A fearsome, feathered and scaled wyrm shakes his great head, ruffling his feathers, and clacks his beak as he looks about.

Elene's pale gaze strays towards Nisavi, and she turns to nod at her as well.

Nisavi's sole eye darts to and fro, the proximity of the Goddess to the Idreth being a trespass of personal space that Nisavi seems utterly unfamiliar with. Like prey ensnared in a trap, she freezes up momentarily before attempting to collect herself with a lighter inhale and exhale. "Of course," she manages, her voice nary more than a murmur. "I have it on good authority that You enjoyed -- well, blood and viscera. So, I thought it prudent to offer it in abundance to You."

--Everyone saw Iosyne so people who had arrived--

Nisavi of Kemau is here, dark tendrils lurking about her. She is riding on an armoured violet
taerilan. She wields a wickedly sharp shortsword with a serrated edge in her left hand and a spiked kite shield in her right. She is orbited by an eye sigil, an eye sigil, and an eye sigil. The monstrous half-woman, half-spider form of Iosyne, the Malevolent is here. Grand Duchess Galilei Nehekhara is here, hidden. Lady Ayuna Vyktaire, Tainted Dreadknight is here, hidden. She wields a rune-covered cavalry shield in her left hand. Zhukov Ta'kar, of the Reach is here. He is riding on a white-cloaked gryphon. He wields a platinum shield of Bouchard in his left hand. Squire Elene Arcan is here. Soldier Swara Valdsam is here, a swirl of air encompassing her.

(Sciomancers): You say, "I... well, welcome Sciomancers to the beginning of the festival. I'm unsure we'll ever be so graced again for one of our festivals."

Ardent dusts himself off casually with a grumble before looking up, preterbed with something unseen.

"By all means, do not let Me interrupt your festivities," Iosyne declares, settling back upon Her arachnid abdomen. It is only now that She seems to notice the flatbread impaled upon Her leg -with a violent shake, the Malevolent dislodges the morsel, sending the ruined meal flying across the room. "I am not accustomed to your festivities, so I will observe for now. Until it is time to eat," She amends, a sickly sweet smile breaking Her lips. Her white orbs sweep the room - very obviously not considering the actual food on offer.

Elene taps scarred fingers upon a sleek jade cigarette and then side-steps, bringing her robed frame closer to the wall at a courteous distance from Iosyne.

Elene carefully lights a sleek jade cigarette.

Swara stands on the outskirts of the crowd and simply remains quiet.

"Eat and drink! We have plenty for everyone." Ardent offers in a boisterous tone, a grin crossing his face as he watches the flatbread go flying.

You have emoted: Rubbing at the back of her neck, Raynia says, "Well normally everyone just rather chats and eats, so I'm not entirely sure 'everyone eat, drink, and be merry' is quite the appropriate response this week!"

You peer about yourself suspiciously.

Conservator Ardent Riahl says to you, "Of course it is!"

Ardent nods his head sagely.

Elene takes a long drag from a lit sleek jade cigarette.

Elene exhales a gentle, mottled cloud of smoke, redolent with sharp, sneeze-inducing scents. Galilei moves unobtrusively to Elene's side, raising her own slender roll of paper. "Have you a light?"

Ardent turns his attention to Ayuna suddenly, crossing the room to stand before her. "I did find it a touch amusing you said I was expected you know."

Galilei's cigarette is an unfamiliar, unlighted one when she brings it closer to Elene. She glances back at the Malevolent every so often.

Nisavi remains frozen, only daring to make a twitch once the Goddess appears to have withdrawn. If the Idreth's heart were capable of jumping out of its chest, it is clear by Nisavi's disposition and body language that it would be halfway to Mamashi by now. Calming herself further, she seems to regain her previous composure and what was once a sheer inability to grasp her situation is replaced by that formerly taciturn look. "Mnh," she murmurs, casting the Goddess a lingering final look before braving her attentions to others in the vicinity. Looking to both Ardent and Raynia, Nisavi of Kemau says, "Conservator. Shadow Warden."

With a smile, Conservator Ardent Riahl says to Nisavi, "Glad you decided to return."

Swara sips from a cup shaped like a snowman of spiked hot chocolate.

Elene stretches out a hand, presenting it to Galilei as she wanders closer to her. She nods once, the swish of her silvery hair across her robed shoulders as she murmurs, "I do."

You wryly say to Nisavi, "Nice of you to... join us."

Galilei gives a pale cream cigarette banded in red to Elene.

Ayuna gazes over the foods curiously. "These are, ah, aesthetically pleasing." Her gaze then turns to Ardent. "Come now, after watching you in action and the discussion we had, it was only a matter of time." Finding herself a place near a wall closer to Ardent to observe the room in more detail, she simply nods. "Surely you already knew."

The vague image of an entwined venantium locket appears in the air, before Rhyot appears in a flash of magic.

You raise your hand in greeting to Rhyot and say "Hi!"

Rhyot inclines his head politely to those around him.

Rhyot stretches languidly.

Rhyot sits down on a simple iron chair.

Ayuna smirks, as if amused by timing. "Welcome, Keeper," she muses towards Rhyot.

Ardent inclines his head to Rhyot before turning his attention back to Ayuna. "I did not know, at
all actually. How I fight and the discussion may have played a role in it, but it was curiosity as
well."

Ayuna sways slowly where she stands, her breathing becoming gradually quicker and laborious. She finally shakes her head and pants a few times.

Swara paints her face with the contents of a small tub of blood-red face paint.

Rhyot leans back in the chair, propping his feet upon the edge of the table and folding his arms
across his chest.

Swara quietly moves to the paints and grabs some, streaking it across her cheeks and neck.

Ayuna closes her eyes and balls her fists for but an instant before hissing to Ardent, "What finally lured you?"

Noticing a stirring at the edges of the gathering, Iosyne skitters towards Swara in an exaggerated manner, almost comical in Her movements as each arachnid leg flexes and stomps. The obvious showing off of each and every one of Her eight legs brings the Goddess surging forth. "Conquered your phobia?" murmurs the very spidery Goddess as She reaches Her prey.

Bringing her fingers close enough to a pale cream cigarette banded in red, Elene snaps it deftly, and fire plumes from their tips, setting the cigarette alight.

Elene gives a lit pale cream cigarette banded in red to Galilei.

"Lured?" Ardent asks of Ayuna in a curious tone. "Why do you think I have been lured and not come willingly?"

Galilei leans against the wall near to Elene, lifting her gaze up as she brings the cigarette to her
lips.

Ayuna tilts her head curiously. "What would be the difference?"

Grand Duchess Galilei Nehekhara murmurs something softly to Elene.

Nisavi quietly clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

Elene's pale gaze gleams as her attention shift, settling upon Ardent as the faint semblance of a
smirk slides upon her ichorous lips.

Manipulating shadow with an intense focus, Nisavi bores a hole through space itself, warping a
singularity into the air, manifested with terrible power.

Swara raises her eyes as Iosyne moves closer and she rubs her cheek with a fist, smearing some of the red-blood paint there. "I have been getting better. Been getting to know a little... uh less intimidating version..." she says quietly.

Elene exhales a gentle, mottled cloud of smoke, redolent with sharp, sneeze-inducing scents.

A sullen ember spiderling shimmers into existence before you.

Swara carefully gathers a sullen ember spiderling into her arms.

Swara puts on a sullen ember spiderling.

Swara shudders violently.

Taaroshi arrives from the down.

Taaroshi blinks.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "Whoa."

You raise your hand in greeting to Taaroshi and say "Hi!"

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "He...y."

Squire Elene Arcan murmurs something softly to Galilei.

Elene bares her teeth in a feral grin.

"The implication that I was lured seems a little insulting." Ardent offers in retort before bringing a hand up to scratch at his jaw idly. "However, I will admit playing on ones curiosity could be something of a lure." He tilts his gaze back up to Ayuna and offers a shrug. "Though I think saying my crass nature was appreciated may have had something to do with it."

Taaroshi tiptoes backwards, returning from whence he came.

Taaroshi leaves to the down.

You see Ardent turn to yell out, "What's the matter Taaroshi?"

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm yells, "I didnt want to impose!"

Galilei's lips clamp a little more firmly around the cigarette as she nods. Her eyes flicker to where Taaroshi has departed.

You see Ardent turn to yell out, "It's a party! Come eat and drink!"

(Tells): In a frosty, blade-edged voice, you tell Taaroshi, "Everyone else is here."

Grand Duchess Galilei Nehekhara murmurs something softly to Elene.

Taaroshi tiptoes in slowly once more, giving his cheesiest smile.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "Hurr.ay."

Galilei smiles at Taaroshi.

Zhukov inclines his head politely to those around him.

Zhukov leaves to the down, riding a white-cloaked gryphon.

Taaroshi puts his hand to his forehead and swoons.

Conservator Ardent Riahl says to Taaroshi, "Seem a bit tense. Everything okay?"

A dark aura surrounds Qelres, bringing the smell of decay in from the down.

Elene folds her scarred arms into the warm embrace of her robes, and then leans her back comfortably against the wall.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says to Ardent, "I see food.. I'm fine now."

Taaroshi picks up a magnificent, decadent cherry-chocolate layered dessert.

You snicker softly, eyeing Taaroshi.

Ardent nods his head at Taaroshi.

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says, "I have food too."

Kanivara beams broadly at Iosyne.

Ser Kanivara Sor'Tirivan, Surgeon General says to Iosyne, "Hi!"

Rhyot drops the corpse of a decomposing Dwarf. --Times like 15---

Taaroshi's eyes raise to the heavens as a look of hope flashes across his face.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "Rhyot."

Taaroshi rubs his temples in frustration.

Nisavi takes one of the tubs upon the ground into her possession, inspecting it with a cursory look.

"This is from Dau Grech, yes? Neicel Arget..." The name rolls off of Nisavi's tongue with no shortage of disdain. She seems more content now to abandon the tub back where it was and, as if both the tub and the sudden summons were all figments of her imagination, chooses to partake of some of the nearby fare.

Nisavi picks up pulled lamb with honey mousse and lantern fruit sauce.

Taaroshi bows respectfully to Iosyne.

Taaroshi spoons into the rich, layered dessert, eating a mouthful of cake and mousse first.

Nisavi takes a generous portion of pulled lamb from their plate, topped with a small dollop of a
pale mousse, all drenched in a thick, bright orange-colored sauce.

Taaroshi closes his eyes, almost melting in absolute satisfaction.

Taaroshi now samples the cherries and garnishes of the dish, taking his time to enjoy the various tastes and textures.

Nisavi continues to dig through their plate, scooping portions of sweet smelling food that they
consume at a leisurely pace.

Ayuna laughs. "All one needs to see are truths, and their inner nature paves the path. I only offered a discussion, Ardent, and inquiries of mine own. We were both lured by a good discussion."

Taaroshi finishes off his dessert, scraping up the last morsels from the bottom of the bowl and
leaving it empty, a satisfied look on his face.

Nisavi combines all remaining morsels, sauce and mousse for a final bite, leaving the plate rather empty.

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says, "My food is better."

Kanivara's ears flick around as she looks around, taking in the sights and sounds. "Your food is
-people-, ew," she says with a grin to Rhyot.

You have emoted: Catching Nisavi's question, Raynia tilts her head and shrugs, "I was told there was paint, and it was a suggestion, so I got it."

Qelres climbs the stairs, the bone braces of their boots squeaking with every step. Iosyne is given a deep bow of their head before Qelres enters the terrace proper, choosing to take a spot near Elene.

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says to Kanivara, "Dwarves are people?"

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says, "Shows what I know."

Rhyot shrugs helplessly.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says to Rhyot, "I mean ... if you're in
shapeshifter."

Lazily, Squire Elene Arcan says, "Certain truths are shared. Pain is one. Embracing the beast within is another."

--continued in the comments--
TedrunaiGalilei

Comments

• edited May 2020
    "Intimidating," Iosyne repeats, shaking Her head. Watching Swara's movements curiously, the Malevolent mimics the action, smearing red face paint across Her own features. In the attempt to be more relatable, the Goddess has created a truly terrifying visage, deranged streaks of glowing red crossing across Her face. "Better?" She asks Swara, face splitting in a wide, horrifying, paint- filled smile.

Ser Kanivara Sor'Tirivan, Surgeon General says to Rhyot, "Yep. They are. Say that to Desidora and you'll get kicked in your business."

Casually, Conservator Ardent Riahl says to Rhyot, "My aunt is a Dwarf. Could ask her."

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says to Kanivara, "It would not end well for her if she did."

Taaroshi blinks.

Taaroshi sways back and forth.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "Rhy you've gotten bigger since I've last seen you."

Elene's withered tongue slips from the confines of her mouth, caressing her lips slowly as she lifts a lit sleek jade cigarette to her lips.

Elene exhales a gentle, mottled cloud of smoke, redolent with sharp, sneeze-inducing scents.

Abbess Aloli Silverain Gallant's voice resonates across the land, "I will be hosting a public sermon to the Unbound in Mostyn. Come to the misty shores at v13166 if you wish to attend."

You have emoted: "They are great for the vampires, I'm certain," Raynia says to Rhyot, attempting to be diplomatic, and quell possible arguments.
    Taaroshi nods his head at you.

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says to Taaroshi, "All the better to kill you."

Voice still soft, Grand Duchess Galilei Nehekhara says to Elene, "Something you are familiar with, I would think."

Taaroshi chuckles long and heartily.

Abbess Aloli Silverain Gallant's voice resonates across the land, "All are welcome!"

Nisavi finishes her plate ravenously, abandoning all pretense of formality as she does so. The subject of discussion with you, however, immediately captures her attentions. Without missing a moment, she replies: "The facepaints are used to mark one's caste in our society, yes. "Red," she pauses, moving back to pick up the tub of red paint once more. "Red is for religious leadership, yes... Black is for a 'neeti', or sorcerer..." Finally, she shifts her focus to a tub of white face paint in her own possession. "White is for... well, another caste."

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says to Taaroshi, "Though I suppose I have no reason to now, since you departed those cities of trash and debauchery."

Taaroshi grins and nods.

Nudging gently, World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says to Rhyot, "I'm on your side now."

Conservator Ardent Riahl says to Ayuna, "I think he just touched your husband."

Taaroshi perks up visibly.

You say to Nisavi, "Ah, my apologies, I didn't realize it actually meant anything, I just got it for fun."

Elene's attention flickers and her gaze sharpens, the smirk upon her lips solidifying as she notices Qelres. "Student," she greets.

Taaroshi opens a heavy winter coat.

Swara leans back from Iosyne a bit, her eyebrows raising. "Uhm..." she glances at the little spiderling on her shoulder then back at the goddess. "I don't think you've quite mastered the art of being easily approachable. But it's probably a matter of... hmmm," a hand fidgets with the edge of her uniform, "preference? But..." she leans forward a touch and rolls her shoulders in a shrug. "You don't have to be approachable I don't think, the point is to conquer fear, not make things less scary?" she says the words quietly, as almost a question.

Nisavi of Kemau says to you, "There is no offense taken. I cannot expect the customs of my people to be everywhere. Paint is paint to flatlanders, yes?"

You have emoted: Nodding, Raynia says, "Yes basically."

Nisavi paints her face with the contents of a small tub of white face paint.

Kanivara tilts her head as she regards Iosyne. She then looks to Nisavi before looking at Iosyne again. "I, ahh... I think the way You did that makes Your visage more truly befitting Your title," she says, tilting her head.

Rhyot listens to Swara's conversation. "If things become less scary then you inevitably conquer your fears. They go hand in hand."

Taaroshi slinks over trying to be inconspicuous as he eyes the platters displayed, slowly taking one after the other as he tries not to be noticed.

Taaroshi picks up a spiced, radiating-star pastry.

Taaroshi picks up pulled lamb with honey mousse and lantern fruit sauce.

Taaroshi picks up a plate of stuffed portabella mushrooms with a candied glaze.

Abbess Aloli Silverain Gallant's voice resonates across the land, "Last call for the public sermon to the Unbound in Mostyn. We'll wait at the misty shores at v13166!"

Taaroshi picks up cheese-topped stuffed flatbread.

Taaroshi coughs softly.

Taaroshi picks up a Troll-sized bottle.

Conservator Ardent Riahl says to Mortelle, a sable warhound, "He's stealing all of your snacks, Mortelle."

One by one, Taaroshi breaks off the tines from the star-shaped pastry, face flushing from the heavy spices before the relief of creamy goat cheese settles in. The tines gone, Taaroshi takes a bite of the dish-shaped body of the star, flakes of pastry falling from his mouth.

Taaroshi readily consumes the last crescent of the pastry, wiping crumbs from the corners of his mouth and gulping at the air as if to quell some heat.

Taaroshi sips from a Troll-sized bottle full of strawberry milk.

Taaroshi sits down on a black velvet couch.

Qelres eyes Elene. Every line of their stance, from legs, to torso, to shoulders, is alive with tension. Folding their arms over their stomach, their only nod in silent greeting.
    Still rested against a distant wall, Squire Elene Arcan says to Ardent, "Riahl, would you toss me a tub of the black paint over here? I would take it, but it is a little too out of reach."
    Galilei's eyes narrow a quarter of an inch, but she offers an amiable smile to Qelres.

Ardent gives a small tub of black face paint to Elene.

Conservator Ardent Riahl says to Elene, "There ya go, Arcan. Black yes?""

Pushing herself off from her spot at the wall, Grand Duchess Galilei Nehekhara says to Qelres, "I don't believe we have met properly."

Ayuna tilts a head towards Iosyne, taking in the vision of the now-painted face. "It is quite entertaining, Malevolent." Her eyes shift quickly to Ardent, taking note of the words. "He hasn't learned yet that Rhyot is not to be touched. I am sure that he will take note of the warning."

The low, sultry tones of Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption reverberate across the land, "Will you be telling the actual Truth in My Brother's name this time, Abbess? An important question for some before they attend, I am sure."

Kanivara snickers under her breath.

Iosyne offers Swara merciful reprieve as She turns to face Kanivara - Her lower body does not move, torso instead bending unnaturally. "Oh? It's not working?" The Goddess' serpentine tongue flicks out now, messily spreading across Her face as She laps up the offending paint. Finished, the tongue darts back between Her lips, mouth shutting with a tight click.

Abbess Aloli Silverain Gallant's voice resonates across the land, "Yes. You are welcome to attend as well, Lady."

Swara's face contorts in an earnest grimace.

Qelres watches Galilei. Their head tilts, sharply, to one side, the gesture that of a curious bird. "We haven't met at all," they confirm, "Hello."

Ser Kanivara Sor'Tirivan, Surgeon General says to Iosyne, "... now I know why Nenelos likes You so much. His tongue can do that too."

Ayuna inclines her head politely to Qelres.

"Mm," Elene vocalises, accepting a small tub of black face paint as she turns it around in her hands. "Black," she affirms. She pulls one arm from her robe sleeves, and casually slings it across Qelres'' shoulders. The fingers creep in, snaring their ear on the opposite side.

The low, sultry tones of Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption reverberate across the land, "Oh. Thank you, Abbess, for the permission I did not need. However I have absolutely no interest. I simply decided to ask on behalf of those with the desire."

Nisavi's ears twitch towards the sounds that resound across the land. "It is a week for Naru, isn't it..." she murmurs, casting a daring, but short eye upon her peripheral towards Iosyne before looking back towards you. "Aye. Paint is simply... paint. I suppose that is good in my case."

Swara takes a few hesitant steps away from Iosyne and exhales a slow breath, her attention caught by the shouting. Her face wrinkles in distaste, nose scrunching up but she remains quiet.

Abbess Aloli Silverain Gallant's voice resonates across the land, "Well then, thank You for helping clarify the matter. The sermon will begin now."

The calm, sonorous tones of Church peal out across the firmament to declare, "Why reward them so if they cannot be arsed to pursue even such a lowly desire themselves?"

"I recall seeing you during a sermon for the Sun-Drinker. Many such sermons, if my memory serves correctly." Galilei inclines her head toward Qelres. "Galilei Nehekhara of Bloodloch. I hope the Cabalist is teaching you well...?"

You tilt your head curiously at Nisavi.

The low, sultry tones of Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption reverberate across the land, "For My own amusement, obviously."

Taaroshi takes a generous portion of pulled lamb from their plate, topped with a small dollop of a pale mousse, all drenched in a thick, bright orange-colored sauce.

Taaroshi continues to dig through their plate, scooping portions of sweet smelling food that they consume at a leisurely pace.

Kanivara tilts her head yet again as she regards Iosyne. "I... can't say one way or another if Your paint was working, as I have no idea what Your intent was in wearing it."

Taaroshi combines all remaining morsels, sauce and mousse for a final bite, leaving the plate rather empty.

Taaroshi bites into the mushrooms, the candied glaze flaking off around his lips.

Bits of cheese string out of him mouth, clinging stubbornly to his chin.

Taaroshi takes the last few bites of the stuffed mushroom dish, picking off any straggling bits of cheese from his chin and pops it in his mouth.

The loud sound of thunder rolls through the skies, shaking the air around you.

The calm, sonorous tones of Church peal out across the firmament to declare, "An interesting discovery of truths and their sides it has been, indeed!"

Taaroshi sips from a Troll-sized bottle of strawberry milk.

Ardent offers Ayuna a nod. "As much as a bit of bloodshed can be fun, I would hate to see a party turn into a blood-bath."

Elene tilts her head skywards, a thoughtful frown upon her forehead.

You see Elene raise her voice and shout, "Is simple clarification meant to be a reward?"

Qelres's head yields to Elene's creeping fingers, but their attention never leaves Galilei. "Elene is a gracious tutor," they assure Galilei without offering their own name.

Galilei's gaze follows' that of the tutor in question. "My. Skies quite loud today."

Nisavi simply smiles at you in silence, before quickly changing the topic: "Who provided the fare? It is quite good."

Abbess Aloli Silverain Gallant's voice resonates across the land, "Thanks to all who attended. I hope the sermon was as enlightening to you as it is humbling to administer."

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says to Galilei, "Just ignore it. Most of the time people shout for their own benefit because they like the sound of their voice."

Ayuna skitters up to Rhyot's side. "Hardly. Blood poured can cause quite the entertainment at parties. I, for one, know the Keeper is quite fond of threes with death dice."

Nodding, Grand Duchess Galilei Nehekhara says to Rhyot, "Of course, Keeper."

Iosyne turns even further, Her upper body now facing the entirely opposite way from Her lower. The twisted form of the Goddess advances towards Nisavi now, leaning in close to study first the geometries adorning Nisavi's arm, then the Idreth's face paint. "Those are not just a party favour
    for you then, I presume?"

You have emoted: Tilting her head at Nisavi's evasion, Raynia shrugs and follows the exchange without further comment, "I grabbed it from the Epicurean eatery."

Rhyot growls at Ayuna at the mention of death dice. "I promise you, Ayuna... you keep those bloody dice away from me. Those threes are cursed."

Swara looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Ayuna's eyes sparkle with amusement as she gazes upon Rhyot.

Taaroshi bites into his stuffed bread, chewing slowly.

As Taaroshi continues to eat his stuffed bread, several tendrils of gooey cheese tenaciously stretch from his mouth.

Taaroshi stuffs the remainder of his bread into his mouth, devouring it with a few chomps and a smile.

Swara picks up a magnificent, decadent cherry-chocolate layered dessert.

Swara spoons into the rich, layered dessert, eating a mouthful of cake and mousse first.

Swara now samples the cherries and garnishes of the dish, taking her time to enjoy the various tastes and textures.

Swara finishes off her dessert, scraping up the last morsels from the bottom of the bowl and leaving it empty, a satisfied look on her face.
    A sickly flash of seeping green miasma streaks the heavens and it is coupled with a spine-chilling cry.

Nisavi stares upwards at the Goddess and, once more like prey, seems to freeze at Iosyne's inquiry. This time, however, the question seems to stir more in emotion that overrules any such fear. She seems reluctant to answer, but after a moment of trepidation, seems to relent. "The face paint of my people is for our respective castes. White is... White is for those intended to be drowned. To be sacrificed in the Ebon Basin." The Idreth's jaw clenches, her features steeled as she braves Iosyne's question. Like with you, she seems eager to change the subject, adjusting towards the shapes upon her arm. "This is my Shadow Marking. It marks me as a fully fledged Sciomancer."

Mortelle, a sable warhound attempts to sneak forward toward Taaroshi, possibly in an attempt to beg a snack from him.

Swara picks up an elegant brownie supreme.

Rhyot smiles wryly.

Comprehension flashes across Taaroshi's face.

Ayuna places a hand on Rhyot's shoulder. "Come now, the threes cannot get you every time. It would be a shame to avoid such an encounter should that opportunity once more reveal itself."

Swara finishes off the brownie and licks the last bit of raspberry whipped cream and caramel from her fingers.

Ardent ponders the room a moment before leaning against the table and pulling a peculiar y-shaped flute from his things. "May as well make it a party then." He comments as if to himself before raising the instrument to his lips and beginning to play. A cheery tune almost fit for dance ushers
    forth from the flutes twin pitches as the flutist begins dancing his fingers along the holes.

Taaroshi picks up a fresh tomato with fragrant bacon stuffing.

Galilei glances to the skies again, brow furrowing, before beginning to walk towards the table. "Good to hear in any case," she calls to Qelres, almost bumping into Taaroshi on her way.

Rhyot glares at Ayuna. "It's always the threes. Every time it's the threes. I've died four times to those dice... each time to a three." He places a hand upon the hand of Ayuna's and grins, "I'll still roll the dice, but I still hate the dice."

Elene licks her lips.

Taaroshi glances around carefully, sneaking Mortelle a few bacon stuffed mushrooms, offering them generously as stealthily as he knows how. Smiling as the warhound devours them at once.

Taaroshi pats a sable warhound in a friendly manner.

Taaroshi coughs softly.

Swara smirks at Taaroshi.

"Kind of you to share," Galilei remarks, looking over a fresh tomato with fragrant bacon stuffing. Elene taps her fingers against the side of Qelres'' head idly, before sliding her arm back around to herself.

Taaroshi picks up a magnificent, decadent cherry-chocolate layered dessert.

Taaroshi eases down slipping a whole piece of lamb to the warhound, feeding it generously and petting it as if nothing at all is happening.
    Released, Qelres straightens and spends a few moments smoothing out their sticky black hair. Then they approach Galilei properly, extending an oily palm. "And I'm Qelres Misi," they say, concluding their earlier introduction.

"The sacrificed becomes the sacrificer," Iosyne exclaims, unhinged glee flashing across Her face for a moment as She takes in Nisavi's words. With no regard for personal space, the Goddess traces a finger along the white markings before She abruptly launches Her twisted form into the air. When She lands, Her body is within a normal configuration once more. Taaroshi's gluttonous chomping attracts Iosyne's attention next, the Goddess baring a fanged smile as She considers the Idreth's tall frame. "My, you are enjoying those."

You have emoted: Tilting her head at Taaroshi and Mortelle, a sable warhound, Raynia shrugs and ignores the pair. Glancing at Nisavi, ponders momentarily and then says gently, "If you've left, then why not use another color, or not at all?"

Ayuna sways slowly where she stands, her breathing becoming gradually quicker and laborious. She finally shakes her head and pants a few times.

You say to Nisavi, "You don't have to answer, by the way, it's pure curiosity."

Squire Elene Arcan says to Qelres, "Would you retrieve a tub of white paint for me, Qelres Misi? I find myself suddenly interested in it."

Galilei's eyes flicker from the Goddess to the ogre, body faintly tensing, before she notices Qelres. "A pleasure."

Ardent continues playing on his flute as he shifts his eyes about the room, a faint smirk curling his lips. The tune continues unabated as he continues his manipulation of a peculiar y-shaped flute in a deft manner.

Nisavi turns her attentions over to you, her posture slackening as the Goddess withdraws. "It is a reminder that I live in defiance of what was supposed to be the fate alloted to me." That is all the answer she offers, save for a simple shrug to top off the end of the statement. A smile reaches the corner of her lips, strained yet nonetheless sincere. "It is as She said -- the sacrificed becomes the sacrificer. That is how I prefer to see myself now."

Glancing wide-eyed at Iosyne, Taaroshi blinks several times as he's obviously caught off guard and nods almost reflexively. "They're quite tasty Goddess Ma'am!" His brow furrowing as he regains his composure and he rambles, "I have a high metabolism though so I like to eat and this food is uncommmonly good and it's a shame for it to goto waste, do you like these kinds of foods? What do you like?" taking a deep breath and staring expectantly.

Qelres's hand, unshaken, is used as they crouch to snatch a tub of paint off the floor. This they bring back to Elene.

Swara moves closer to Ardent, grabbing another treat on her way and tilts her head to listen to the music. She grins as Taaroshi speaks, distracted from the music, eyes flitting to Iosyne in curiosity.

You have emoted: Offering Nisavi a nod of her head in acceptance, Raynia says simply, "Sounds like it's become effective." Letting the subject drop, goes back to being quiet and watching the crowd.

Ardent squeals a note as he laughs into his flute before shaking his head and continuing to play, some errant thought having distracted him momentarily.

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says to Taaroshi, "Rapid fire questions? You are highly uncomfortable."

The corners of Rhyot's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Galilei picks up the plate she was eyeing and follows Swara's example, though her gaze does rest upon Qelres, brow furrowing slightly in what may be consternation.

Taaroshi coughs softly at Rhyot.

Galilei picks up a fresh tomato with fragrant bacon stuffing.

Swara picks up a platter of delectable chocolate truffles.
    Tedrunai
  • edited May 2020
    Iosyne tilts Her head as She considers Taaroshi's questions. "My palate is..." She trails off, a small smile appearing across Her face as She considers Taaroshi's living, breathing body. "Well, pick Me something. You have surely eaten your way through everything here already."

Taaroshi beams broadly at Iosyne.

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says to Taaroshi, "Offer yourself. Do it."

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says to Taaroshi, "I'll pay you 10 credits."

Ser Kanivara Sor'Tirivan, Surgeon General says to you, "I'm half inclined to see if Asugazio will show up."

Elene accepts the tub of paint from Qelres, a pleased smile sliding across her ichorous lips. The woman reaches out, pressing against their forehead.

You say to Kanivara, "That would be ...different."

Lady Ayuna Vyktaire, Tainted Dreadknight says to Taaroshi, "He has a point. You'd taste of all the foods you have eaten, so She could sample them all."

Ardent nods at Kanivara as he continues to play, a grin on his face.

Swara quirks an eyebrow at Rhyot, then glances at Taaroshi, pondering his form a moment before a brief smirk crosses her lips.

Taaroshi gives a charmingly broad smile and glances at Rhyot before muttering and stalking over to the food display and searching for the right platter. "Lets seeeeeeee." he murmurs under his breath, being careful to inspect each one carefully as he eyes every delectable in reach.

Taaroshi picks up an elegant brownie supreme.

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says to Taaroshi, "There's only one acceptable answer."

Taaroshi picks up a plate of pancetta wrapped scallops and leeks.

Kanivara suddenly makes a very loud, very accurate chicken squawk at Taaroshi.

Soldier Swara Valdsam says, "The answer is Rhyot?"

Ayuna snickers softly, eyeing Kanivara.

The corners of Swara's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says to Swara, "She's melted me and killed me more times than I can remember."

Qelres's hand immediately latches around Elene's wrist. Their fingers close in a grip harsh enough to, maybe, cause pain. "I hope you're not considering putting that on my face," they say to Elene in a voice that is a low rasp.

Turning the tomato idly around upon her plate, Galilei takes a moment to listen to Ardent's tune before quietly beginning to hum along.
    Taaroshi stands up and stretches his arms out wide.

Taaroshi gives an elegant brownie supreme to Iosyne.

Taaroshi offers the platter, extended with both hands as he smiles and exclaims, "Ok sweets are not supposed to go before but try this first...."

Desperate cries of anguish and blood-curdling screams of despair momentarily torment you as the grim cacophony announces the blessing of Chakrasul empowering the faithful Congregation of Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption.

Rhyot closes his eyes, as he attempts to remember all his run-ins with the gods. "I've been smacked by Damariel's hammer, fed to Slyphe's sharks, hunted by Haern's hounds, melted by Iosyne, electrocuted by almost all of them, ripped apart by Chakrasul...." He opens his eyes, "Honestly, the
    ways I've been murdered by the gods rivals the ways I've been murdered in combat."

Lady Ayuna Vyktaire, Tainted Dreadknight says to Rhyot, "The Most Accomplished Heathen."

Galilei's humming pauses a moment as she stares at Rhyot.

Asugazio arrives from the down.

Taaroshi turns to Rhyot, teasing him openly, "Well it obviously builds character."

Swara smirks.

Ardent continues right on with his playing, shaking his head as he stares at Rhyot. The tune shifting a bit now, becoming a more haunting melody, the notes dancing about as if risen from the grave.

Asugazio darts in with a clatter that is horribly loud, metal and clicks and barking preceding his entry as his diminutive form skids to a screeching halt, hammer-at-the-ready before Iosyne, with a comically audible gulp, as the skull helmet clatters down over his head.

Iosyne considers the brownie supreme in Her hands with curiosity. She abruptly smashes Her fingers together in Her palm, ruining the perfect presentation of the dish as chocolate, caramel, and whipped cream blend together in a mishmashed mess. The Malevolent throws Her head back, promptly swallowing the messy ball whole without chewing. She brings Her gouged white eyes back to Taaroshi. "Acceptable," She finally says.
    Rhyot notices everyone staring at him. "What?" He leans his head back, "Come now. Surely you all expected a heathen to combat the gods and be killed repeatedly for it."

Taaroshi licks his lips.

Lady Ayuna Vyktaire, Tainted Dreadknight says to Rhyot, "And yet... thank you for your continued assistance."

A sneer adorns Elene's lips, but the Azudim does not immediately answer. Instead, she leans forward, tilting her head to the side to murmur in Qelres'' ear.

Taaroshi steps in a bit closer to Iosyne, extending another plate in his grasp, offering it up with a smile, "Now follow it with this!"

Taaroshi gives a plate of pancetta wrapped scallops and leeks to Iosyne.

Nisavi's ears visibly twitch at the cacophony both permeating across the lands -- and at Asugazio's sudden entrance with all the banging metal and resounding sounds that it entails. There is clear confusion dominating her features.

Squire Elene Arcan murmurs something softly to Qelres.

The first bite Taaroshi takes unravels the stuffed tomato in his plate into a delicious-looking mess of crispy bacon bathed in an oily and aromatic sauce.

Taaroshi digs further into his stuffed tomato, glimpses of crispy bacon, cubed avocado, and fresh herbs mingling at the bottom of his bowl.
    Taaroshi inhales sharply.

Taaroshi works at the final bites of his dish, the aroma emanating from his bowl of food even more strong now that the ingredients have been fully freed from the ripe tomato.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "So fragrant... so tasty."

Elene palms both tubs of paint, one black and one white, into the folds of her robe sleeves. A mask of polite neutrality settles back upon her features.

You have emoted: Wincing at the clanging from Asugazio, Raynia clears her throat gently in an attempt to gain his attention. "Have you met Ardent?" she asks quietly.

Rhyot grins mischievously at Ayuna.

Ayuna glances over at you. "He yours?"

You say to Ayuna, "Ardent?"

With a twitch, Qelres releases their hold on Elene. Acceptance holds dominance over their expression as they step away from the Azudim. A single twitch flicks an errant strand of hair off their ugly face. Now, carnation colored eyes turn on the crowd, properly, for the first time since they
    arrived.

Ayuna nods her head emphatically.

--midnight sip everyone drinks health--

You say, "Yes, Aros and I adopted him a while back, I thought maybe Asugazio would like to meet him."

Iosyne's tongue flicks out before Taaroshi can hand off the plate, snaking around Taaroshi's hands as it retrieves the plate. The entire thing is pulled into the Goddess' mouth, bits of plate mixing with the entree as She chews. "I prefer My food a little more..." She cants Her head to one side as She searches for the right word. "Struggling," She finally settles upon. "Nevertheless, thank you for the samples." Gouged white eyes find the couple now, Rhyot and Ayuna. "I owe you something. I have not forgotten." Iosyne's hand extends to tap against the mask covering Ayuna's face. "Beyond this one, of course."

Asugazio lifts his helm up to show his face, a canine muzzle poking out curious with broad teeth as he sniffs at the air, maybe a bit at the Goddess, then with a cross look back to you, "A what and A WHO..." he barks out, gesturing with a very blatant fingerpoint at the Malevolent One, "...um HAVE YOU MET THE BIG SPIDER LADY, cause WAY BIGGER NEWS than a ...whatever YOU JUST SAID, look at her VERY BIG LEGS, and IMPRESSIVE UM...BUTT PART, but not like the HUMAN BUTT, like the BUG BUTT." he barks out affirming that somehow that is a better explanation.

Taaroshi blinks.

"Such synchronization," Iosyne notes wryly as just about everybody stops to take a drink from their respective vials.

Taaroshi pales considerably as he faints.

A ruddy sheen momentarily envelopes Galilei before it sinks into her skin, remaining visible in the form of a dull shimmer over her entire body.

Swara raises an eyebrow at Taaroshi.

Taaroshi murmurs, "You're welcome."

Taaroshi points accusingly at Asugazio.

Taaroshi sways back and forth.

Ser Kanivara Sor'Tirivan, Surgeon General says to Asugazio, "It's... generally recognized as poor form to speak openly of a Divine's ass."

Elene licks her lips.

Taaroshi nods his head at Kanivara.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "Especially when she can eat your own whole."

Soldier Swara Valdsam says, "I think he meant it as a compliment."

Appearing to sit idle, Iosyne wiggles Her spinneret just a bit in response to some unheard thought.

Continuing on for Swara, Nisavi of Kemau says, "... in his own way."

Ser Kanivara Sor'Tirivan, Surgeon General says, "Oh he absolutely did, Asugazio's like that."

Desperate cries of anguish and blood-curdling screams of despair momentarily torment you as the grim cacophony announces the blessing of Chakrasul empowering the Dominion.

Rhyot catches Iosyne's eyes, but doesn't seem to make a move otherwise. "Always good to see you, Iosyne."

A chuckling flare to the music skips forth as Ardent smirks at Asugazio while shaking his head. He cants his head to the side as he slows the tune down now to a crisp and echoing waltz. The notes taking proper pace and cadence to dance to, and dance he does as he steps away from the table. Eyes closing as he begins to box-step in a tight area next to the table.

Elene returns to her habit, raising a lit sleek jade cigarette to her lips as she takes a long drag.

Her eyes are distant, if thoughtful. The fingers of her other hand tap against her robed thigh, following the erratic rhythm of her heartbeat.

Asugazio turns his gaze to Kanivara, mouth agape, as the conversation goes on his beady gaze turns and focuses upon the Goddess, "It is flattering to be DISCERNED worthy a MEAL to a GODDESS, I wish I WAS OF SUCH ....GRAND STATUS." he barks out, entranced by the spinneret, eyes following every move. You could swear the dimunitive Kobold released an entrance, "....oooooooh." softly to himself.

Taaroshi ponders the situation.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "I like him."

Taaroshi nods his head emphatically.

Swara quickly eats the dessert in her hands before taking a quick drink and beginning to mimic Ardent's movements. "Uncle will dance with you," she affirms.

Ser Kanivara Sor'Tirivan, Surgeon General says, "Yeah, Asugazio's pretty awesome."

Swara slowly consumes truffle after truffle, eventually consuming the entire platter.

Swara sips from a cup shaped like a snowman of spiked hot chocolate.

Swara plucks a truffle from the platter, popping it into her mouth to relish the sweet goodness.

Ayuna blinks at the Malevolent's touch, awaiting her sight to return with a stiffened posture. "It has been an experience, Iosyne. I do have question, though, at a later time." Her muscles ease again. "Ah, You mean the wedding gift. Thank You for even Your presence, and for Binding us."
    Taaroshi spoons into the rich, layered dessert, eating a mouthful of cake and mousse first.

Unable to eat only one, Swara consumes all twelve chocolate truffles from the platter.

Taaroshi now samples the cherries and garnishes of the dish, taking his time to enjoy the various tastes and textures.

Taaroshi finishes off his dessert, scraping up the last morsels from the bottom of the bowl and leaving it empty, a satisfied look on his face.
    Ser Asugazio Vilandra, the Executioner demands, "THIS IS A WEDDING!?"

Galilei's lips part in a gleaming smile as the music picks up. She lifts up her own voice now, letting her darker tones weave in harmony with the soprano strains of his flute.

Ardent offers Swara a grin as he continues dancing, making sure to dodge just outside of her steps as he starts to lead into a more intricate elliptical step.

You say to Asugazio, "No it was the opening to the Sciomancer's festival."

Mazzion sharply inhales, maintaining the force and pacing of his battlechant with another shout. A red mist tints your vision, and your limbs seem to hum with pent up energy and power, needing to be released with harder strikes upon your foes.

Ayuna inclines her head politely to Mazzion.

You raise your hand in greeting to Mazzion and say "Hi!"

Asugazio flails a moment, as he catches himself, and his breath, and his anxiety....and with a clang to the floor from his rifling through his pack for a supposed wedding gift, ...an axe. There is a moment that he pauses and nods to you, seemingly relieved.

Mazzion gives the world a smart salute.

Mazzion gives Iosyne a respectful salute.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "MAzz!"

Ankyrean Warlord, Mazzion Cardinalis says, "Shhh."

"Always," Iosyne repeats, tasting the word as it echoes eerily throughout the room. "Selective memory, Keeper?" She asks playfully, raising an eyebrow. "Nevertheless, I have enjoyed your company of late." The Goddess acknowledge's Ayuna's words with a fond squeeze of Ayuna's arm before She directs Her attention at the very loud, very interjecting Kobold. "You are loud," She states the obvious.
    Taaroshi snickers under his breath.

Swara seems to grow a little confused as the steps become more complicated but she does her best to follow along with Ardent, her face a look of pure concentration as she attempts to avoid tripping over her own feet.

Taaroshi folds his hands casually behind his head and regards the world with a relaxed smile.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "Loud is an understatement."

Asugazio affords an appropriate Carnifex salute as he is addressed by the Goddess, "Though, most call me ASUGAZIO, or ASU, or sometimes ASIAGO." he remarks matter-of-factly, "...a pleasure, TRULY."

Dryly, Ser Kanivara Sor'Tirivan, Surgeon General says, "I don't think Asugazio is -capable- of being quiet."

Kanivara grins mischievously at Asugazio.

Rhyot grins at Iosyne. "Not in the slightest. I remember our many arguments and fights. I remember being eaten alive by your many spiders and melted by your acid." He gives a slight chuckles, "Always a fun time, but at least you've never had to worry about me killing your shrines."

Squire Elene Arcan murmurs something softly to Galilei.

The soul of Aros haphazardly fills his body as he gets up off the floor.

Ayuna intones into Rhyot's ear, "And as long as I am in Her Order, you will not ever attack Her shrines."

Galilei continues her vocalise, silvery eyes sliding to Elene.

Swara pauses mid-step at Rhyot's words though her momentum continues and she pitches forward, catching herself as she falls and scrambling back to her feet. "Eaten alive by spiders?" she mutters.

(Tells): In a frosty, blade-edged voice, you tell Aros, "Not to alarm you, but um... we've a divine presence."

Aros twitches spasmodically.

Kanivara grins at Swara. "Yep! That happens. Sometimes even -Hatlie- will eat my brain." With a wistful look on her face, Kanivara touches a jade-plumed, black cavalier hat housing a mantis.

A disturbingly large mosquito flies into the room, attracted by some subtle scent. It lands on Kanivara and promptly begins gorging itself on blood.
    A curious mantis peeks up from the brim of the hat, antennae tracking the mosquito.

The mantis takes to the air, divebombing the bloated mosquito; in a single motion, the mantis decapitates its prey, sending a spray of blood across Kanivara's face.

Iosyne surges forward to seize one of Asugazio's paddle-like feet, turning the Kobold upside-down as She lifts the barking morsel into the air. Asugazio's journey stops when he comes level with the Malevolent Goddess' eyes. She regards Asugazio curiously before Her other hand finds his torso, giving the Kobold a firm squeeze.

Taiyang enters from the down, riding a striking, brilliantly coloured qilin.

Swara shudders at Kanivara's words then watches Iosyne pick Asugazio up with a stare of morbid curiosity.

Trails of black smoke waft out lazily from the eye-holes of Ayuna's mask, carrying with it the distinct scent of burning.

Taaroshi blinks several times once more, a grin playing over his lips, his attention entirely invested at this point, "Whoa..." Eyes widened in anticipation wondering what's about to happen next. "This got interesting...real fast."

Like an overstuffed bolgsack, Asugazio rattles with loose sovereigns spilling from his upturned form, alongside some old bones, a skull, a pair of wooden dice, a spool of thread, some lumps of iron, a couple brass ingots, a half eaten loaf of bread and some kawhe sweets. The sound is absolutely discordant as the tongue lolls out of the Kobold's mouth and his beady eyes settle upon Iosyne, the wind being taken from his with a proper Divine squeeze, "...oof." he sputters, never losing eye contact.

Ardent reaches the crescendo of the and ends it abruptly, rapt attention now on Iosyne and Asugazio in Her grip.

You have emoted: Tucking herself against Aros' side, Raynia watches as Asugazio litters the floor as he is lifted up in the air. "Rest well?" she asks Aros absently.

Aros blinks quite slowly as he watches Asugazio being hoisted, his brow twitching, then gives his head a small shake and looks to you.

Aros Riahl, Shadow Judge murmurs to you, "This is unusual."

You nod your head at Aros.

Galilei folds her hands before her, the song over for now. Her brow furrows slightly at the sight.

Elene licks her lips.

Kanivara stares at Asugazio incredulously. "How in the crap did you stick all that in your armor?

And thank the Gods your kilt stayed proper."

You murmur to Aros, "She came for the festivities I suppose."

Rhyot grins at Ayuna, "So long as I never have reason to, I won't." The Chaos Lord looks over to Swara, "You've never been eaten alive by spiders before? It's amusing in a death sort of way."

Ayuna runs a hand up towards the mask, hissing quietly before stilling herself again. Her eyes, when they can see again amidst the smoke, watch as Iosyne holds Asugazio with ease.

Aros Riahl, Shadow Judge murmurs to you, "Quite the crowd, too."

And in that moment, Asugazio's toosh is on display as the kilt upturns with Kanivara's statement.
    You murmur to Aros, "Indeed."

Ardent utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Taiyang cants his head to the side, tail flicking around his egg as he watches the rain of Kobold treasure. "He's probably got lots of space, because he's so small and the armour's armour sized."

You sigh and apply your face to your palm.

Kanivara lets out a dismayed noise and holds up a hand to cover the sight of Asugazio's backside. Disappointed, Iosyne sets Asugazio back properly upon the floor, steadying him before releasing Her grasp. "I thought he would squeak," She confesses, a soft 'tsk tsk' escaping Her lips. Noting the crowded room and blocked path, Iosyne decides to instead traverse the wall nearest Her, a hideous silhoutte crawling sideways, before She alights next to Elene and Qelres. "Enjoying yourselves?"

A thin membrane flickers over Aros's eyes as they blink, slowly retracting as he opens his outer eyelid.

Momentarily tearing her gaze from Iosyne and Asugazio, Soldier Swara Valdsam says to Rhyot, "No part of that sounds amusing."

Swara exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from her lungs.

Taaroshi utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Rhyot grins mischievously at Swara.

Taiyang leans in close to Galilei, whispering a bit too loudly to stay private, "He does look like he would squeak, doesn't he?"

Ayuna pulls a nest of spiders from her weaponbelt fluidly in her right hand.

"Immensely, Goddess," Qelres assures Iosyne. They bare their sharp teeth in the approximation of a smile.

Asugazio pants a moment, having been set down once more, kilt being straightened out and armor still half over his face, "OH POOP, I thought you were going to EATED ME." he barks out, dejectedly, picking up all his bits and baubles, "...maybe ONE DAY, and I WILL BE ready to be the SQUEAKERINGEST." he remarks loudly.

Galilei appears preoccupied, but Taiyang's whisper proves enough to startle her out of it. "Oh- Oh. Oh, dear."

Galilei coughs softly.

Ayuna ceases to wield a nest of spiders in her right hand.

Nisavi simply stares at the proceedings with her focus going from the Goddess and the kobold, down to the many knickknacks -- her gaze particularly lingering on the skull with a stupefied expression -- and back up towards the kobold and the Goddess.

Ayuna pulls a nest of spiders from her weaponbelt fluidly in her right hand.

Elene pushes herself off from the wall, stubbing a lit sleek jade cigarette against her palm as she receives Iosyne with a straight spine. "Malevolent," she greets. "I am not a sociable creature by any means, but I enjoy people watching."

Elene pauses to grind the life out of a lit sleek jade cigarette, saving it for later.

Ayuna cocks back her arm and throws a nest of spiders at Swara.

Swara's breath catches in a gasp of surprise.

Taaroshi blinks.

Swara looks uncomfortable as she squirms about in search of a better position.

Taaroshi picks up a delightful cheese spread platter.

Soldier Swara Valdsam demands to Ayuna, "Why do you hate me?!"

Picking up a hard piece of bread, Taaroshi begins to sample from a cheese platter, beginning with some gooey goat's milk cheese.

Moving on to the firm blue cheese, Taaroshi selects a fruity raspberry jam to pair with his next bite.

Taaroshi finishes his cheese adventure by sampling creamy djeirani and smoky Attican cheeses.

Aros takes a long drag from a lit black cigarette with white roses.

Lady Ayuna Vyktaire, Tainted Dreadknight says to Swara, "I am making you stronger."

Aros exhales a fragrant cloud of smoke, redolent with mellow scents.

Swara grunts noncommittally.

Taaroshi gives Aros a respectful salute.

Ser Kanivara Sor'Tirivan, Surgeon General says, "I don't know if anyone's stronger for seeing Asugazio's arse."

Swara peers about herself suspiciously.

Taiyang notices the food scattered about and begins to take surreptitious steps to the side, tail uncoiling and beginning to gather up delectables as he hums entirely innocently, looking at nothing in particular.

Taiyang wraps his tail around a plate of stuffed portabella mushrooms with a candied glaze and retrieves it.

Soldier Swara Valdsam says, "I would rather see that than have spiders thrown at me."

Taiyang wraps his tail around a magnificent, decadent cherry-chocolate layered dessert and retrieves it.

Aros reaches up and runs a free hand through his hair, drawing what isn't clipped back over and between his horns. Seeing Taaroshi, he nods at him in greeting.

"Oh? People watching?" Iosyne replies curiously, settling comfortably to sit upon Her arachnid abdomen. "Tell Me, what have you observed. About..." Her eyes scan the room, settling upon Taiyang. "him," She decides, putting Elene on the spot.

Taiyang wraps his tail around pulled lamb with honey mousse and lantern fruit sauce and retrieves it.

Taaroshi smooths his hair back nonchalantly.

As Ayuna leaves to the down, the web carpet left in her wake begins to break apart.

Tiny spiders precede Ayuna's entrance from the down, the tiny arachnids laying a carpet of webs for her.

Taiyang wraps his tail around a delightful cheese spread platter and retrieves it.

Taiyang wraps his tail around a platter of delectable chocolate truffles and retrieves it.

Taaroshi grins and nods at Taiyang.

Swara picks up a magnificent, decadent cherry-chocolate layered dessert.

Taiyang carefully begins to pick apart pieces of cheese and pop them into his mouth, eyes wide as he watches his surroundings while appearing blissfully unaware of any attention on him.

Swara spoons into the rich, layered dessert, eating a mouthful of cake and mousse first
    Swara now samples the cherries and garnishes of the dish, taking her time to enjoy the various tastes and textures.

A clockwork messenger bat flits in from above and begins flapping around.

Swara finishes off her dessert, scraping up the last morsels from the bottom of the bowl and leaving it empty, a satisfied look on her face.

A clockwork messenger bat chirps happily at Taaroshi.

A clockwork messenger bat says to Taaroshi, "The food is delicious! Eat more! Become a shadowed wyrm instead of a glow wrym!"

A clockwork messenger bat flies suddenly out of the room.

Comprehension flashes across Taaroshi's face.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "Oh."

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "Shadowed wyrm?"

Taaroshi looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Taaroshi ponders the situation.

Aros shakes his head sadly.

Aros Riahl, Shadow Judge says to you, "I see there is no cheesecake."

You say to Aros, "It's downstairs, if I'd brought it, it would have been gone by the time you woke up."

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "Such a thoughtful wife yeah?"

Ayuna inclines her head politely to Aros.

Taaroshi picks up a plate of pancetta wrapped scallops and leeks.

Taaroshi takes a forkful of the dish, the ingredients light and tender as they load onto the fork.

Placing it in his mouth, he closes his eyes slightly as the flavors intermingle.

Taaroshi quickly takes several more forkfuls and places them within his mouth and looks forlornly at the empty dish, wishing there was more.
    Elene's scarred fingers twitch, and her gaze swivels ever-so-slightly to fall upon Taiyang, as if to familiarise herself with the man's features. "Ah," she eventually speaks, her choice of words

careful, deliberate. "Quiet. Shy, perhaps. He holds a smile upon his lips, but he seems like one to hold secrets, too."

Aros flexes his talons with a leathery creak, idly clicking them together.

Galilei quietly steps to one of the windows, taking a moment to look out at the skies.

Placing the fork back upon the plate, Taaroshi relaxes as he thinks about the delectable dish he has just eaten.

Picking up a hard piece of bread, Taiyang begins to sample from a cheese platter, beginning with some gooey goat's milk cheese.

Moving on to the firm blue cheese, Taiyang selects a fruity raspberry jam to pair with his next bite.

Taiyang finishes his cheese adventure by sampling creamy djeirani and smoky Attican cheeses.

Taaroshi sways drunkenly and falls to the ground in an undignified heap.

A mirror-polished venantium eye spins in its socket, looking at Taaroshi and Ayuna in turn, albeit a step behind Aros's formal gaze. A slight smile perks the corners of his mouth as he replies to Taaroshi, "Yes. Isn't she?"

You snicker softly, eyeing Taaroshi.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "Nooooo."
    Your knowledge of drunken speech grants you clarity: Noooo.
    Taaroshi peers at a slender, emerald bottle suspiciously.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "Howw did."
    Your knowledge of drunken speech grants you clarity: How did.

"Do you agree with your companion's assessment, My wretched thing?" Iosyne asks Qelres. For all the world like it's natural, the Goddess runs a finger through the syrupy discharge running through Qelres'' hair before depositing the finger into Her mouth.

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

You ponder the situation.

Taaroshi peers at a slender, emerald bottle suspiciously.

You give a decadent raspberry cheesecake to Aros.

Ehtias enters from the down, riding a hulking, black-haired boar.

Taiyang wanders back over towards Galilei and picks from the plates in his hands, choosing something sweet before handing it over with a smile just as sweet. "Here! It is a party, you should try and have more fun, your Imperial Grace."

Ser Ehtias, Dreadknight says, "This is a large group of people."

Asugazio seemingly distracted with something in the distance barks and darts off with hammer raised angrily, in a departing loudness to a faint whisper you hear, "...THANKS for the LIFTS, LADY MALEVOLENT, and to the rest of YOU and to the CELEBRATION, and the WEDDING, and the SCIOMANCY....and the MEMORIES."

Taiyang gives a magnificent, decadent cherry-chocolate layered dessert to Galilei.

Asugazio leaves to the down.

A wooden pyramid silently shimmers into view.

Aros's features turn to catch Iosyne's motions and a faint grimace turns his gaze. It's a passing look, as a decadent raspberry cheesecake takes the entirety of his focus. Pure, unadulterated joy lights his face.

Ehtias leaves to the down, riding a hulking, black-haired boar.

Elene returns Her pale gaze to Iosyne, her head tilted to one side. In closer proximity, the Azudim once more returns to her observation. This time, her fingers do not twitch by her side; they rise instead, as if bidden by a spell. They stretch out slowly, as if to press fingers against the arachnid abdomen of the Goddess.

Taaroshi grins and nods at Aros.

You have emoted: Raynia returns to her spot leaning against Aros' side. "Hopefully people enjoy it."

Ehtias enters from the down, riding a hulking, black-haired boar.

Galilei looks at Taiyang, expression unguarded at his sudden approach. "Thank you, Taiyang," she says as she accepts the plate, and her smile is soft. "That is very kind of you."

Grand Duchess Galilei Nehekhara says to Taiyang, "Ah - Your Imperial Grace."

His whisper just a bit too loud to remain private, still, Prince Taiyang Nehekhara says, "What's the party for, anyway?"

Ehtias gives a simple kawhe cup to Ardent.

Swara sips from a cup shaped like a snowman with traces of spiked hot chocolate.

Ardent drinks from a simple kawhe cup full of Argent Ale.

The corners of Taiyang's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Nisavi looks exhausted and opens her mouth in an enormous yawn.

Ser Ehtias, Dreadknight says, "What's the purpose of this party?"

Galilei glances at Ardent as if trying to recall. "Hm. I think this was a Sciomancers' festival."

Ardent nudges you suggestively.

Ardent nods his head at Galilei.

Aros sighs contently as he appreciates the scent of a decadent raspberry cheesecake.

Ser Kanivara Sor'Tirivan, Surgeon General says to Ehtias, "Started as a Sciomancer party, Ser... it got invaded."

The corners of Kanivara's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

You say, "The opening, yes."

Grand Duchess Galilei Nehekhara says to Taiyang, "Though this time we have a Divine guest."

Aros hiccups suddenly.

Ser Ehtias, Dreadknight says, "Interesting."

Ehtias carefully pours some of the contents from Argent Ale into a simple kawhe cup.

Ehtias gives a simple kawhe cup to Iosyne.

You say, "It's been a very interesting beginning."

Ardent grins and nods at you.

Ser Ehtias, Dreadknight says, "I should go make more offerings I suppose."

Swara leaves to the down.

Taiyang nods at Galilei and then steals a peek at Iosyne, eyes widening in clear excitement and curiosity as his gaze trails along Her monstrous form. "I have been trying very hard not to stare," he confides quietly, "It would be rude, but She looks very cool!"

Qelres arches their neck and leans towards Iosyne's touch. They turn their gaze beyond the Goddess, to observe Taiyang. "I agree with a part of it," they decide, "He's not shy. He's sweet, and beneath the sweetness, I think he might be a little afraid." Their grotesque mouth twists into a true smile. "The very sweet, and very busy, sometimes are."

A thin membrane flickers over Aros's eyes as they blink, slowly retracting as he opens his outer eyelid.

Taaroshi grins and nods at Taiyang.

Blood drips onto the ground as a fox prowls in from the northeast.

Taaroshi opens a carrier fastened to a blood-coated fox and retrieves a cup shaped like a snowman from inside it.

A blood-coated fox goes suddenly out of focus, then fades away.

Taaroshi's breath catches in a gasp of surprise.

Swara arrives from the down.

Taaroshi puts a simple kawhe cup into a plain grey pack.

Ayuna smirks at Rhyot, as if about to create mischief, before turning her attentions to Iosyne. "Malevolent, my mate was wondering if You would be opposed to adorning him with the title of Most Accomplished Heathen, as You called him at our Binding."

Taaroshi sips from a cup shaped like a snowman full of white hot chocolate.

Galilei lifts a hand, hesitates, then lets it rest lightly upon Taiyang's arm. "We can't quite help being curious," she says. "To be honest, I had a similar issue, there."

Ehtias carefully pours the contents from Argent Ale into a simple kawhe cup.

Swara grins mischievously at Ardent.

Taiyang rips his gaze away from Iosyne, seeming still entirely oblivious to the gazes so close to Her that has lingered on him as he nods once at Galilei, still having yet to blink as he says, "Well, at least you're a fancy lady. When you stare, people will probably think you are thinking fancy thoughts.

Aros leans in towards you as a wing extends to dape itself about you shoulders like a cloak. "You really do know how to throw a party, Rayn."

Taaroshi's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Aros's gaze jerks to Ardent and fixes him with a hard stare.

Taaroshi fans himself gently to relieve the heat.

Taaroshi sips from a cup shaped like a snowman of white hot chocolate.

Galilei chuckles lightly at this. "Oh, the trappings of appearance," she says, though she elaborates no more. "Although I don't think too many will fault either of us for observing the Divine. It's not something one gets to do every day, after all."

Grand Duchess Galilei Nehekhara says to Taiyang, "The Sun-Drinker awoke a while earlier. It was very, very difficult not to pay the utmost attention."

Nisavi of Kemau says, "Many Naru stir this week."

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "TttaniiXalthas is the best."
    Your knowledge of drunken speech grants you clarity: Tanixalthas is the best.

Swara picks up a delightful cheese spread platter.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "But now that I met Iiosynne she's aBsolutely amazing too."
    Your knowledge of drunken speech grants you clarity: But now that I met Iosyne she's absolutely amazing too.

Iosyne rises from Her perch, abdomen lightly grazing Elene's outstretched fingers as She blurs into motion, no pretenses of decorum present as She inserts Herself between Taiyang and Galilei. "Which is it, little one? Are you shy, or sweet?" She leans in closer, breathing in Taiyang's scent - mixed with no small amount of alcohol. "Or are you afraid?"

Swara's eyes sparkle with amusement.

A brief smile blooming upon her features, Squire Elene Arcan says to Taiyang, "Did the student read you right, Taiyang?"

Taiyang's eyes widen and he stands on his tip-toes as though attempting to peer through the window to catch a view of the Goddess sleeping on the spires, or perhaps even flying through the sky. "What was She like? How many wings did She have? How big were Her teeth?" He realises he is being a bit too loud and turns, towards Galilei as though to ask more questions and is stopped in place by the appearance of Iosyne where he expected the Tsol'aa.

Aros looks away from Ardent to consider Galilei.

Though obscured by the Goddess, Galilei, too, is quite frozen, and she chooses to fall silent.

Taaroshi covers his mouth with his hand to hide a grin, but fails to hide the amused twinkle in his eyes.

Ardent taps his nose knowingly at Aros.

Elene entwines her fingers around each other, contented for now. She relaxes back upon her wall, before frowning and tearing away one hand to grasp upon her vice of preference, a sleek jade cigarette. She presses the unburnt end into her mouth.

Elene carefully lights a sleek jade cigarette.

Nisavi quietly clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

Toiling for what seems an age over some wood and leather, Taaroshi produces at last a competentb longbow and strings it taut with a length of fine steel fiber.

Taaroshi gives a wooden longbow to Aros.

Taaroshi nods his head sagely.

Ardent tilts his head curiously at Taaroshi.

Taiyang gulps and drops a plate or two of food at the sudden attention, but he blinks twice, and then offers Iosyne a gentle smile. "Well, uh...Miss Iosyne, I think I am...both. Because I am very nice, but I am also afraid, because I do not want to accidentally be not nice to anyone. Plus, I don't know an awful lot of things, so I might do something while trying to be nice, and end up being very mean instead. So I am shy, because I want to make sure I know what I'm doing, before I do the wrong thing."

Taiyang drops a plate of stuffed portabella mushrooms with a candied glaze.

Taiyang drops pulled lamb with honey mousse and lantern fruit sauce.

Taaroshi sits down on a black velvet couch.

Nisavi of Kemau says, "Pardon me. I will take my leave now."

Aros untangles his wing from your side as he leans down to press a peck to your cheek, then he steps clear to make his way to Elene's side. "You seem to be enjoying yourself." he says to her.

Aros inclines his head politely to Nisavi.

Ardent inclines his head politely to Nisavi.

Taaroshi waves goodbye at Nisavi.

World Eater, Sir Taaroshi Morrog, The Mightiest Glowyrm says, "I need to sober cp."
    Your knowledge of drunken speech grants you clarity: I need to sober up.

Taaroshi holds his arms out helplessly and says, "Sorry."

You see the following people here:

Nisavi, Mazzion, Iosyne, Rhyot, Aros, Galilei, Ayuna, Taiyang, Kanivara, Elene, Swara, Ardent, Qelres, Ehtias.

With all the suddenness of a forgotten thought, Prince Taiyang Nehekhara says, "Plus someone might pull my tail, and that hurts a lot, so I'm afraid they might do that, too!"

You peer about yourself suspiciously.

Ser Ehtias, Dreadknight says to Iosyne, "Malevolent, I gave you a cup of something I quite recently created just in case you enjoy Alcohol."
    Nisavi inclines her head politely to those around her.

(Tells): Aros whispers into your consciousness, "Are you pulling tails?"

Aros's eyes twinkle enchantingly at you.

(Tells): In a frosty, blade-edged voice, you tell Aros, "What?"

(Tells): Aros whispers into your consciousness, "Taaroshi seems rather afraid. I thought perhaps you were causing trouble."

Surprised, Elene dips her head politely to acknowledge Aros as he weaves between the crowd. "Senator," she greets.

Trails of black smoke waft out lazily from the eye-holes of Ayuna's mask, carrying with it the distinct scent of burning.

Ser Kanivara Sor'Tirivan, Surgeon General says to Taiyang, "I did say I didn't mean for that to happen."

Aren pokes his head in, then gradually makes his way over to Ardent, whispering to him.

Qelres keeps their hands clasped behind their back, watching the exchange between their Goddess and Taiyang with mute interest.
    Lord Aren Ratek Yaslana murmurs something softly to Ardent.

Ardent nods his head emphatically.

Without taking his gaze from the Goddess before him, Taiyang meekly says to Kanivara, "Y-you are not the only person to ever do it, do not worry."
    Rhyot smiles wryly.

Aros leans a little toward Elene as he stands next to her, facing Iosyne.

Aros Riahl, Shadow Judge murmurs something softly to Elene.

"Seems you are both right," Iosyne finally declares as She takes in Taiyang's spiel. She widens Her maw, showing countless rows of wickedly jagged fangs to Taiyang. "Hers are bigger, for your reference," the Goddess notes wryly, nudging Galilei. "Wouldn't you agree?" Without breaking Her
    attention, Iosyne accepts the cup from Ehtias. Promptly into those bared fangs it goes. Iosyne quickly devours a simple kawhe cup.

Taaroshi covers his mouth with his hand to hide a grin, but fails to hide the amused twinkle in his eyes.

With a thoughtful tone,, Conservator Ardent Riahl says, "That's one way to drink a beer."

Taaroshi peers at a cup shaped like a snowman suspiciously.

Taiyang visibly vibrates with excitement, his eyes wide as saucers as he gets a good look at the fangs that are shown off, mouth beaming to reveal far smaller fangs of his own.

Squire Elene Arcan murmurs something softly to Aros.

Satisfied, Qelres sidesteps away from Elene. They bow their head to Iosyne. They do not wait to see if She has seen their farewell gesture.
    The air seems to smell more fresh and light filters into the area as Qelres escapes to the down.

Galilei blinks slowly. "The Sun-Drinker is, after all, the Sun-Drinker," she offers. Her voice is quite placid now, drawing a contrast with the slightly tense, if modest way she stands by Iosyne.

Ser Ehtias, Dreadknight says to Iosyne, "I am pleased one of my cups served an interesting purpose."

Aren quickly grabs a pitcher and some sweets, then retreats back to Ardent, his attention set on the Goddess while he eats and focuses on the conversation.

Swara sips from a cup shaped like a snowman full of white hot chocolate.

Taiyang reaches into a plain grey pack with his tail and pulls out a beating phoenix heart.

Aros nods his head slowly in agreement with Elene. "Such is Their way, I think." he murmurs, more to himself than anything.

Prince Taiyang Nehekhara says to Iosyne, "Uh, Miss Iosyne, it was very nice of You to answer my questions, and so I have a present here because it is very nice to give presents. I don't know how to cut out someone else's heart, so you can have one of these. I hope it's tasty."

Aros Riahl, Shadow Judge says to Elene, "Still, let us not put it to the test."

Taiyang gives a beating phoenix heart to Iosyne.

Aros's eyes twinkle enchantingly at Iosyne.

"Shadowlord" Rhyot Vyktaire, Warlord of Chaos says to Taiyang, "You're going to die calling her Miss."

Elene pauses for a bit, taking into consideration Aros'' words before she nods briefly in agreement. "We shall not put it to the test."

Aren shudders violently.

Conservator Ardent Riahl murmurs something softly to Aren.

Mortelle, a sable warhound seeing no more treats coming her way, moves herself back towards Raynia. She sniffs the air and catching Aros' scent, she wanders over to him and lays down on his feet.

Lord Aren Ratek Yaslana murmurs something softly to Ardent.

A mirror-polished venantium eye spins in its socket for a moment before righting with Aros's right eye and he glance down at Elene with a curious expression.

Ardent shakes his head.

Aren shrugs helplessly.

Iosyne studies the beating heart; smoke billows more fiercely from the gaping hole in Her chest where Her own heart should be. An unreadable expression flashes across the Malevolent's face before She abruptly steps past Taiyang, wordlessly accepting the offering. "And that brings Me to you, My dear host," Iosyne finally addresses you.

The tines gone, Aren takes a bite of the dish-shaped body of the star, flakes of pastry falling from his mouth.

Taaroshi strokes along his arm, noticing the raised skin, causing him to glance about cautiously.

Elene flicks a lit sleek jade cigarette deftly, sprinkling ashes to the ground as she regards Aros thoughtfully. Her chest rises and falls as she considers the question.

Swara pets Mortelle, a sable warhound ingratiatingly.

Aren readily consumes the last crescent of the pastry, wiping crumbs from the corners of his mouth and gulping at the air as if to quell some heat.
    Taiyang quickly steps closer to Galilei, eyes wide and mouth stretched from ear to ear in a wide grin as he continues vibrating with excitement.
    Squire Elene Arcan murmurs something softly to Aros.

"My thanks for your host. It has been quite an experience, conversing among your guests." Iosyne produces a token, pressing it into your hands. "A token of My gratitude."

Iosyne gives a token of the Malevolent's esteem to you.

Aros blinks slowly at Mortelle, a sable warhound for a moment, then he squats down and sets an elegant Dragon's head cane aside. He gently pats at the hound once, twice, then collects the cane and stands straight once more. His gaze shifts to Iosyne and you and he watches quite intently.
    Taaroshi's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Galilei softly exhales as the Goddess moves past, her expression growing fond at Taiyang's excitement.

Aren begins to intensify slowly until he appears flesh and blood once more.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across the lips of Swara as she glances at you.

Ardent offers you a smile as he watches the exchange.

You have emoted: Inclining her head slightly to Iosyne, Raynia says, "Thank You, Lady Malevolent. My thanks to You for gracing us with Your presence and making the opening of our Fesstivities, quite memorable."

Elene's lips are pressed into a thin line, her forehead creasing in thought.

Iosyne tilts Her head to Ardent. "For your invitation as well, Congregant. Unfortunately for you, earning My favour will be wholly different endeavour. Nevertheless, thank you. You have My attention."

This small token is the size of a palm, and disc-shaped, like an oversized currency. Carved upon it is the form of a spider, each of its eight legs curling towards the outer edges of the token. When flipped over, the shape carved into its reverse side is that of a four-armed woman, her pose martial and poetic.
    It has 10 weeks of usefulness left.
    It weighs 1 ounce(s).

Iosyne, the Malevolent says, "To those I was not able to speak to here but wish to do so - contact Me. Pressing matters call, unfortunately."
    Flashing Mazzion a patronizing grin, Iosyne ruffles his hair with one hand.

Lady Ayuna Vyktaire, Tainted Dreadknight says to Iosyne, "I will be watching his progress as well."

Iosyne warps out of perception, Her monstrous form separating into inky threads of shadow which slither away in different directions.
    TedrunaiArdentGalilei
  • I absolutely loved this entire thing. I'm still arguing this all start with a bat!
  • it was amazing, I'm very grateful that she came and turned a simple party into something pretty amazing.
    Ardent