Announce post #3086: Classleads April 2020 - part 1

4/26/2020 at 13:06
Keroc, the Starborn
Everyone
Classleads April 2020 - part 1

Artifacts
====================================
- [2802] RING RESURRECT now always sends the revived person to their respawn room.
- [2802] RING RESURRECT equilibrium cost increased to 5 seconds, up from 4.

Animation
- [2813] Pummel and Choke cooldowns now show on COOLDOWNS.
- [2813] Pummel and Choke now have a message for when their cooldowns end.

Assassination
- [2808] Backstab will deal cutting damage if the opponent has the backstabbed affliction.

Kaido
- [2763] Numbness now has a 20 second cooldown once its effects end.

Numerology
- [2828] Changeheart equilibrium cost increased to 2.5, up from 2.

Purification
- [2762] Pendulum now has a 10 second cooldown upon use.

Telepathy
- [2805] Crush no longer gains a bonus from being in the same room as your opponent.

Terramancy
- [2799] Rockshower equilibrium cost lowered to 4 seconds, down from 5.

Tenacity
- [2822] Obstruct now only strikes non-allies.

Vocalizing
- [2784] Lulling now increases tiredness much more slowly.

Woodlore
- [2612] Nightingale now only heals if you are below 90% health or mana.
- [2799] Thornspray equilibrium cost lowered to 4 seconds, down from 5.

Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 14th of Lleian, in the year 487 MA.
Seurimas

Comments

• AxiusAxius where I am
    huh... sorry to necro this from page 3-ish of the histories, but this brings to surface a notable thing. This is an interesting decision, on the numbness decision, as it alters the balance of how Monks manage to survive as bashers versus something like a Carnifex or Sentinel. (Both admittedly top bashing classes from what I recall -literal years ago- so I don't have modern knowledge of how the classes handle bashing). Feels like an interesting choice to add a 20 second cooldown to numbness. Is this in response to it being used in pvp?
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited May 2020
    Axius said:

huh... sorry to necro this from page 3-ish of the histories, but this brings to surface a notable thing. This is an interesting decision, on the numbness decision, as it alters the balance of how Monks manage to survive as bashers versus something like a Carnifex or Sentinel. (Both admittedly top bashing classes from what I recall -literal years ago- so I don't have modern knowledge of how the classes handle bashing). Feels like an interesting choice to add a 20 second cooldown to numbness. Is this in response to it being used in pvp?

Numbness was tremendously overpowered in PVP. That said, I recently got my hands on Monk and even with the numbness nerf, it might still be the best bashing class in game, with its absurd number of survivability tools at its disposal. Vitality in particular is a virtually-free starburst. The only difference between now and before, re: bashing, is you can't just sit on Numbness willy-nilly, and have to be a bit more active in your bashing decision-making.

IazamatRhyotBenedictoLin