Announce post #3087: May Promotion

4/30/2020 at 18:55
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
May Promotion

We're going to delay release by a day or so. I've been doing some data analysis and I think May is a good month to try to mix things up!

Feel free to drop thoughts on the forum thread this news makes. We're considering bringing some old things back!

-T

PS Next month, by pattern, is chests. But there were thoughts we bring back crowbars and crates?

PPS. This was last minute. Normally this is all done well before now, but hey, let's be daring.

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 15th of Lanosian, in the year 487 MA.

Comments

• Will do terrible things for chameleon skin.
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    snake skin racial relic pls.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
  • Crowbars + crates for relic pieces to flood the market.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Actually, I was considering crates and crowbars for half the month. Most requests seem to be relic oriented.

After that, maybe Arti-Cart and direct Salvage?

Everyone's stuck at home, so why not hit the trifecta or promotions? Except that then no one will care about June. Hm!
    Iesid
  • SALVAGE MAKE THE WALLETS GO BRRRRRRRRRR

StineLinIesidZailaDrystin
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    june is my birthday so make it something good
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    Katie
  • I just want to buy a house deed.
  • edited April 2020
    SavasTekiasOonaghCallidoraIesidZailaDrystin
  • For the love of bacon, please fucking arti cart salvage. :neutral:
    Iesid
  • What is salvage?
    AeryxDrystin
  • Racial relics please please!
  • Darim said:

What is salvage?

Look at HELP ANTIQUATED ARTIFACTS in game and behold the random abilities they give people who want to spend 200-300 credits per salvage/level.
    Darim
  • Nice! Looking forward to seeing what I can spend some money on haha
  • Please let me spend my money on crowbars so that I can open up the twenty imported crates which have been sitting in my inventory for years.
    Rebra
  • I still loved the diminishing discount. Best promo ever. Or let me directly buy globes of elemental energy.
    RijettaEscelika
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Salvage Salvage Salvage Salvage Salvage
    MjollDrystinAeryx
  • I would enjoy having arti carts, and it seems that direct salvage parts from them carts is in demand.
    Drystin
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    The only downside to direct salvage purchases is that once everyone who wants salvage has their maxed out items... Salvages become useless and it's just another lame promo that provides no income for IRE.

EscelikaZailaIesidDrystinDemarcus
  • There will always be new players.
    DidiRijettaAeryxOonaghDrystinDemarcus
  • Iesid said:

There will always be new players characters.

ftfy :p
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    DarimOonaghRhyotEhtiasDemarcus
  • As someone relatively still new compared to the rest of you old bastards, it gets rrrrreaaally old not having any access to the antiquated stuff when so many of you have maxed out pieces.

Take my money. 
    EleneDarimDemarcusAeryx
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I apparently need some learning, could someone kindly indicate what makes these antiquated things so great? I don't use a mount, so I have no frame of reference for the riding crop. The goggles seem kinda cool, but nothing game changing. The gauntlet would be alright if ylemmed it up, like the 40% damage increase to eld. 

Literally the only one that seems truly awesome is the ring-of-you-must-have-friends. I have no friends so it would be expensive but functionally useless bling.

That being said, this has generated more suspense than my COVID test last week. I might have to buy something for the entertainment of not knowing!

Also, I like chests. 
  • edited May 2020
    I don't want to live in a world where several dozen people can rezz each other three times at a lesser focus. Instantly. With no corpse.
    Demarcus
  • edited May 2020
    Fezzix said:

I don't want to live in a world where several dozen people can rezz each other three times at a lesser focus. Instantly. With no corpse.

This.

While the effects of other salvage artifacts are strong, the ring really is gamebreaking in a group PvP world where targeting the target callers is considered a cornerstone. Not to mention, there's zero real counterplay to the ring itself. Skills that exist to eat the corpse like Rot, Damnation, etc. do nothing because it offers a bodiless rezz at no risk to the ring user. Hell, the Ring user doesn't even have to be in the room.

I've watched Benedicto come back within ten seconds of having his body destroyed and resume target calling. Yes, I know Mazzion and Meltas do it too. I also don't approve of it on our side either. It's a fundamentally imbalanced artifact. I get that it needs to retain its value as a salvage item, but a bodiless rezz is value on its own even if it had a better cooldown associated with it. The closest thing we have that does what the salvage ring does was an auction-only resurrection ring that would rezz someone without a corpse -- ONCE PER HOWLING. That's how powerful that effect is, but now we've given it to multiple people in fights, that can be cast multiple times.
    FezzixDemarcusHawa
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Why is it usable in combat? Or under the influence of the ylem aura? Seems kinda strong.
  • Because IRE as a company is notorious for making items without thinking about the implications and usually unwilling to change its perceived 'value' to the customer on the thought that it will cost them money in the future.
    IazamatXavinRihrinDemarcusEscelika
  • Does anyone else remember when an antiquated artifact was introduced that allowed an outlier to generate an insane amount of gold and as a result gold generation was nerfed across the board, as well as the things being bought with that gold, rather than just nerfing the antiquated artifact?

DemarcusEscelika