Missed Connections: Aetolians

RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
edited April 2020 in OOC Chat
One thing I noticed when we ran the Classic server was that people were surprised to see some old character names that they assumed had long since moved on from the game. Older players coming back to play Aetolia after a long absence often find very few names on the WHO list they recognize, which makes it harder for them to reconnect with the game and its community.

This thread is intended to:
1) Let you VOLUNTEER information on who your past characters were,
and
2) Request to know if the player of is still around. At which point that player can reach out to you if they see it.

I want to stress the importance here that ONLY the player of a character should be revealing who they are. DO NOT reveal who someone is if it's not you.

ONLY SHARE INFORMATION ON YOUR OWN CHARACTERS.
MjollAxiusRebraOonaghRhineZailaLinIazamatKatieAymahCaynCallidora

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Hi! I used to play Dr. Janus R. Anfini. In the olden days you might have remembered me as a charismatic edgelord who robbed the Syssin of One Million Sovereigns™. I'm still here and thrivin' on my character Lin!

If the players of Tiphareth, Bartok, Mahakala, or Noxume are still around, say "hi"! I miss you a lot.
    Jhin
  • looking for the original Mazzion player. you still out there, dude? hope so.

peace
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    LinBruinSeurimasMazzionRhineDrystinEscelikaCallidora
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Allo. As my signature says, I used to be Spiegel and Eidycue way back in the day. Back earlier than Aetolia Classic allowed for, in fact.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• Elene is Elene!

I know a few of you have already reached out to say hi to me (<3).

I don't know if Parhelion, Anya, Ramali, or Ryv still play, but hello, I miss you! I don't have you guys on the usual social media so we fell out of touch.
  • In order of creation I've got:

Argo -> Nyrus -> Aldric -> Koda

I'm not around so much these days, but check forums regularly and would see PMs/active on social media! I'm sure a triumphant return is bound to happen eventually.

Shoutout to old names: Sryaen, Clearwater, Nemosyne, Indalecio, Truft, Tralendar, Ianus, Desian, Ishin, Macian, Kylan, Piri, Orisae, Elene (hi up there Elene), Hadoryu, Kiyotan, and more than likely a bunch more I'm not remembering at this time that I'd have nostalgic memories of upon seeing the name <3
  • Hawa said:

looking for the original Mazzion player. you still out there, dude? hope so.

peace

Wow....
    HawaDristinSeurimasMoxieHavenDrystinEscelikaAloliCallidora
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I've always been Arbre. But man. If Ixen exists somewhere... I'd cry. 
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Let's... run down the list here.

Lykas (my main username in these games.. all of 'em. Except Starmourn. That one's yet to exist. At least, if he -does- exist.. or she.. it ain't by my hands. This fella was Bloodborne, had a cool bat to replace his pigeon. Was a liquid-crystalline blood construct that would deliver his mail, he treated it like a pet. Had other stuff going on.)

Anselm. Yup. 2007 late august. That Anselm. Atabahi. I think. Biggest call is an RP moment of using his undeath embrace ritual as a blood oath to swear by the pack. I wish I could've gotten onto 'em in Classic. But he was around after that time frame.

Lykorn (Rajamala Carnifex. Indulged in his aggression. Dropped 'im after all his hounds he -died- taming were killed off in favor of Carnifex breeding.)

Sakyl (Yup, big boobed Teradrim ceramic doll lass. That was me too.)

Xandren (YUP. I dropped Spiriter and jumped to Shadow after this fella for Axius here. After retiring him)

ehh.. I dunno if it helps any, but I'mma list big names I enjoyed being in other games too.

Achaea:

Lykas (not a bad life, not an interesting one. He's perma-dormant for right now)

Mhato (permashrubbed for reasons. Not discussing. No point in it.)

Anselm: Alchemist. Wore custom gloves I got perma'd. Liked doing Alchemist RP. Hashani. Not much else to 'im, I think. Been years.

Xeran: Caer-Witrin Runewarden of Scarlatti, has a lot of good stories. I love sharing 'em. Reach out OOCly if ya ever wanna hear about them. Like his induction into the Scarlatti Order, or the time he was doing pvp with a Naga that ended amusingly. Not retired, just.. not comfortable going back right now. Maybe some time in the future. Would need to figure out his issues involving forging and it's changes since the old days.)

Lusternia:

Lykas (heh, I don't remember much. He was my masterpiece on description work. I wish I hadn't lost the talent I had back then. Anyways, The wolf/dog race)

Evangel: ...ehh.. Female Goliath. I don't remember much about her beyond being another phase type character.

Yenoi: ...male Lizard guy. Don't remember much about him either. He jumped races a few times.

Taures: ...long time main. some good memories, lotta bad, bitter ones. Don't talk about him anymore.

Imperian:

Lykas: ...Ithaqua Warden. he's a little more recent, but he's a recreation of another Lykas from years ago as well. Same kinda class and home city. Original used to be their assassin class, swapped to Warden when booze and women was the guy's preference over sneaky "honor" and all that.

Axius: Pretty sure this is my death knight character. Maybe. I forget. It's been forever and a half. Dude was interesting though. First time I played a non-ithaqua. Created post "underworld removal" update. Was bitter as heck about the removal of the underworld content and having to earn coins to 'leave' the death zone.

MKO:

Lykas: Mocker. Fisher. Thief. Krondorian. Need I go into detail?

Krito: Glamredhel-turned-eledhel-swordmaster-reverted-berseker-glamredhel. He was my mid-tier combatant in a game where combat was a LOT easier to broach. Yes. I was the annoying one that either burned you to ash early on, or ended up lol-stomping you to death in his later life.

Alexis: Tall polarbear-mama Moredhel. She wore platemail, she rode a giant fuck-you polarbear, and she got shit -done-. And made friends with the Nightingales. Boozed it up regularly. Would earn contracts to intentionally be allowed to chat and joke around before letting 'em have their kill. Loved brewing and designing bottles. Had a special mead brew involving blackberries, I think. I should go back and revisit those designs actually. Had a favorite Nightingale she'd call "bobcat" just for the hells of it.
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    If anyone played Imperian circa 2004-2008, I played Lavinia!
    IesidVharen
  • Hello! I am the artist formerly known as Kalinaar, Mordion, and a very long time ago as Drahz.

I got a couple of friends in highschool into Aetolia that I'm not connected with anymore so if Thrasius or Teyar are still around somewhere, hit me up!
    Aloli
  • I was never really important enough to be known, but I miss some people from my early days. If anyone know the players of Indalecio, Mefistofeles, Sagla, Asmodean and Taras.. Let them know they are missed!
    BenedictoTeaniAloli
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    While sure, to the game at large you might not've been important...the individual people trawling this thread might disagree strongly.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

LinSear
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited July 2020
    I'd love to know if any of the old Sentaari are still kicking about from the time I joined (Aviv, Tessra, Asmodean, Indalecio etc). I have a feeling that Indalecio probably doesn't play anymore. I remember he was like in his sixties or something when I first started playing over a decade ago and used to complain how bad his back bothered him from sitting at the computer for extended periods.

Not seen Phendegwen for some time either. But some of the old faces such as Sryaen (Team: Double Dragon), Kadvar (my former mistress) and the best villain the game has ever had (in my opinion) the God-King Desian. Eleanor, Kiyotan, Edhain and the Bezaliel clan - Gepideth, Caed and Valkalkas. The ol' feller Rashar. The old school Slyphian Order - Ianus and Tralendar.
    HavenEleneAloliArdent
  • Benedicto said:

the best villain the game has ever had (in my opinion) the God-King Desian.

excuse me squidman
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    Seurimas
  • I'll chime in again and realise I'm forgotten someone vital to Elene's growth in the beginning: Ashmer! If you're still playing, hiiii. I missed your phenomenal RP skills.
    MartinauxAeryx
  • I've played Zortania, Solaria, Cordia, Deshantel, Apianora, Eowyn, Jessie. Think those are in order-ish.
    Benedicto
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    On Aetolia, I've only been Malok and Aeryx. On Imperian, I was Drakov, Reznok, and Tavreth.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
  • Okay okay....lets see here, cause I like alts and different stuff...

Aetolia: Aarbrok, Avishai, Asugazio, Kxrachus, Runas, Oonagh
    Achaea: Fauscht, Dalerio, Thalyssra
    Lusternia: Kazban, Scanlan

Welp, I probably know you from somewhere....
    KodaArdent
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    If we're counting other games, I played Remi and Vale on MKO, and I kind of barely play Quell on Starmourn!
    Cayn
  • Imperian: Barakis, Ehtias
    Achaea: Seros, Etharius, Barakis, Saithe
    Lusternia: Saithe, Ehtias, Rasios
    MKO: Saithe, my nine priest alts so I could code priest systems.
    Aetolia: Saithe, Ehtias

• TiurTiur Producer
    I mean, Sarapis himself outed mine.

Achaea: Firefox
    Imperian: Vahin (Sereven if you knew Celani)
    OonaghMoxieIesid
  • I might regret posting this.

Achaea: Pyori, Ryzeth.
    Aetolia: Elyni.
    Imperian: Kalynthari.
    Lusternia: Reylari, Raimari.
    Midkemia: Rykinia.
    Starmourn: Maruna.

Had a bunch of other characters, but those are probably my only 'noteworthy' ones that people would know.
    OonaghIesidGalileiSaltz
  • I guess if we throw in others now:
    Achaea: Maia
    Imperian: Elyse, Marianna, Abrianna, Gallaea, Dolan
  • Benedicto said:

This might come as a surprise.

Aetolia: Benedicto

Wtf? Never would have guessed. Damn, small world.
    Callidora
  • Lin said:

Hi! I used to play Dr. Janus R. Anfini. In the olden days you might have remembered me as a charismatic edgelord who robbed the Syssin of One Million Sovereigns™. I'm still here and thrivin' on my character Lin!

If the players of Tiphareth, Bartok, Mahakala, or Noxume are still around, say "hi"! I miss you a lot.

I keep forgetting to go back and comment on this. It's thanks to Anfini that I once gained two new favorite songs. There was a thread about theme songs and someone mentioned that Anfini's theme song should be RJD2's The Horror (currently listening to that one, still amazing), but you quickly shot that down and said Anfini's theme song obviously is Harry Nilsson's Coconut. (Which is also an amazing song). So thank you for that! :smiley:
    Lin
  • Martinaux said:

I was never really important enough to be known, but I miss some people from my early days. If anyone know the players of Indalecio, Mefistofeles, Sagla, Asmodean and Taras.. Let them know they are missed!

You have invited Sagla to join a web.

(Web): Sagla has joined your web.

(Web): Sagla says, "Sup."

I caught him, I caught him!
    ArbreMjollTeaniMartinaux
  • I saw him earlier! Completely freaked out and was too shy to say hi. XD
  • edited April 2020
    I'm gonna echo Tekias on this one. I also felt like I never really made that much of an impression, but nice to know I did I guess!

I play Sagla (duh) and Tristram. Shout outs to Calihye, Indiana, Asilient (I see you're still around at least) my first real RP-buddies when I first spiraled into a uncontrollable descent into Aetolia!

Also obviously to the few of those who I kept in contact with over the years, you know who you are ;)
    Elene
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I doubt anyone misses him (I wouldn't), but I should probably mention I'm still married to Ansnom. He smiles a bit when I tell him about these old names popping back up.
    HavenSaybre