Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• got me, ehtias is actually the undead god of cups and other drinkware.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I mean it's cool, sure, but we all know we'd be raging out if it happened to us rofl.
    ArbreIazamatRijettaBulrok
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    "rune256432" a rune of the wyrm seems to count as one of the items in my pack when it's supposed to be expanding my pack.
    Zaila
  • Spirit side: "There's never any contest when doing orrery or majors, it soooo boring."

Also Spiritside: *uses 7 strong combatants to take down 1 non-com*
    VorlusCzciennBenedictoSeurimas
  • You went to a major. You're not a non-com.
  • ..I very much am. Non-coms actually want to be involved in things too and there are city points to earn when participating. Doesn't mean you're a combatant. I am very much a non-com and most of the Spirit side know that, having seen me in combat.
  • Yes, you went to combat on Spirit too. That also makes you a non-com. In this instance, you were phased with 2 other Syssin in a major. There is no moral high ground for you to try to argue here. Just accept the loss in this case and move on. There are plenty of opportunities where Shadow outnumbers Spirit too.
  • edited March 2020
    Removing this comment because it could be considered inflammatory. Please consider this a warning.
  • Alright, we're not going to get anywhere with this discussion. Keep complaining I guess.
  • This is the pet peeve thread. I.. think it's for ventilating pet peeves, Czcibor. You need to take a chill pill.
    Hawa
  • i very much am a combatant, and i find it frustrating when i get 1vX'd. there's nothing wrong with being frustrated about it. at the same time, being frustrated doesn't mean the opposing party did something wrong (from a rules standpoint), and i think we're all aware that which tether brings excessive numbers to stomp one or two people shifts every six months or so lol. pet peeves! it's nbd. everybody be cool.
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    MoxieMartinauxArbreBenedictoZailaKarhastTeaniCayn
  • Sees daily credits in Aetolia. "Cool," I think, I haven't played in forever I'm gonna check it out.
    Complete newbie areas. Forget where to bash after there.
    Check AREAS; okay there's a spot my level should be good.
    Runs over to said spot, ready to get some exp.
    Mob hits me for 1800 damage when I only have 1900 hp.

Time to find somewhere else to bash.
    BenedictoDrystinLinZaila
  • Sanir said:
    Mob hits me for 1800 damage when I only have 1900 hp.

Welcome back!  :D
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Well heck! What area was it? We'll move it in the list.
  • It might have been Azdun. I think I had a similar experience and the Chiav there are the real "welcome back" trap.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Azdun used to be a great leveling spot for the 30s-50s but that hasn't been the case for years, now
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I've bumped Azdun up to 50.
    Seurimas
  • edited March 2020
    Tiur said:

Well heck! What area was it? We'll move it in the list.

Was one of the mobs in Vilimo Fields. Also the ... Snakes that start with 'V' in the snake pit.

I'll point out that yes, I did have armour and protection up.
  • First rainbow at level 23, spawned in Nal'jin... Today's one at 56 in Tiyen... Woo.
    Seurimas
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Rainbows are not smart enough to discern level. They're just extra!
  • Wouldn't it be possible to, when the rainbow milestone is rolled, check the player's level and then have it spawn in an appropriate area? Having lower levels locked out of part of a promotion or even dying over it probably isn't great for retention, truth be told.
  • edited March 2020
    Personally, I don't really care. Can still get the kettles either way, just keeping with the thread title of things that are mildly irritating.
    Zaila
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I had to think of a fix, but it's in. It should respect area levels for the most part. There are some edge cases that could lead to really weird behavior, but w/e,
    DrystinIazamatZaila
  • teamwork is awesome huzzah
    LinCayn
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Comms and pill prices. They're so damn expensive anymore that trying to do any form of bashing is just asking to throw away your gold. 

15-25 gold per anabiotic.
    600 gold for ice/ash.
    450+ for gold/silver.

This is just absurd and ungodly expensive. And vastly and increasingly frustrating.

• edited March 2020

Zaila
  • Sanir said:

Air resonance turns it to steam or something, idk. When using the full rotation 2/3 of ascendril attacks deal fire damage and it's a little weird.

• edited March 2020
    Xavin said:

Sanir said:

Air resonance turns it to steam or something, idk. When using the full rotation 2/3 of ascendril attacks deal fire damage and it's a little weird.
    No, air resonance on frostblade is what gives frostwreath. Which is also cold damage when it procs. Lol. Firelash with water resonance is the steam hit. Windlance-fire is, oddly, cutting.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    You know... frostbite actually feels like a burn. ;)