Ankyrean Archives: The Podcast

13»

Comments

• edited February 2020
    Aeryx said:

The weekly show is finally back! Me and @Zaila get to it and talk about all sorts of stuff. Direct link is here.

Very nice chemistry between @Aeryx and @Zaila as hosts. Congratulations on the baby coming up! @Aeryx , I think it's perfectly fine, in many ways important, to have the cross tether awkwardness in events, there was a player driven event very recently, (Shoutout to @Oonagh) where both shadow and spirit gathered. That was some of the most fun RPing I've done in a group, gods showed up, raised the stakes further, it was a blast.

As for the wrapping up questions on what players would like to hear: I'd like to hear more player takes on events after they've come to a conclusion of sorts (like discussing Skythrone and Flintbeard this episode) and more talking about lore most characters would know about being part of the world (nothing terribly deep like guild or city secrets but information you could find in help files, event and public news, or public in game libraries)
    Banner of the Guardians of Dendara
    Bruin and his pet squirrel, Kaly Bruin Bunny Sticker
    "Chibi Bruin" "Easter Bun Bruin"
    By: Konnorn By: Phoenecia
    ZailaAeryxRhineHawaIesid
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    The weekly show is up for...the week! Check it out! Direct link is here.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    BruinCayn
  • @Zaila Somnium is not for insomnia, it gives waking dreams so technically it's an improved form of cactus weed :D .

Concerning the mirror classes, I have some qualms that I haven't addressed on the forums (still bouncing ideas off others), but I think mirror classes will be beneficial for the game. A balance for one side would eventually be a balance for both sides, and while you would technically have situations where there would be 'mirror matches' the skins I believe will be different enough for it to be exciting. Also, @Aeryx of you have your instakill gagged by your system, you should ungag it. You should be able to relish in your instakills.

As for questions for the show: You touched on news posts you glanced over, are there any posts or any things you absolutely love seeing pop up as notifications like unread news or messages, or even receiving letters? Is there a story line, divine, guild etc your character has nothing to do with that piques your interest when you read about it? Do you have a favorite event or quest you were part of or discovered? And to repeat questions from previous, if you had the option for a divine and class to suddenly switch tethers who and what would you choose?
    Banner of the Guardians of Dendara
    Bruin and his pet squirrel, Kaly Bruin Bunny Sticker
    "Chibi Bruin" "Easter Bun Bruin"
    By: Konnorn By: Phoenecia
    AeryxZaila
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I am good in the nearish future if we had a list of questions! I will assuredly digress and tangent away, but that'll prevent me from just rambling until you guys turn off the recording.
    AeryxBruinSeurimasIesidAloliZailaKatie
    Tiur said:

I am good in the nearish future if we had a list of questions! I will assuredly digress and tangent away, but that'll prevent me from just rambling until you guys turn off the recording.

@Tiur I'd love to get started on planning how to do this with you. Just let me know in game or email or however you'd like to get the dialogue started. Thanks!
    Bruin
    Just finished up the interview with the lovely Erzsebet! We talk about penguins! And crafting! And other stuff. Direct link is here.
    ZailaBruinCayn
    Ended up skipping the weekly episode on Sunday due to some technical issues from @Zaila but it's alright, we'll get back to it this coming Sunday.

In other news, we've locked down a time and date for myself, @Aloli, and @Tiur for the Q&A. I will be posting the link to it once its recorded and done, in this thread, and not the Q&A thread. We had that thread closed, as it was just for question submissions. We have decided to do it this coming Friday, at 6 PM EST. So, given the length of the podcast, and I imagine it will be a long one, I'd expect to see it up and posted in this thread sometime in the evening on Friday, maybe like 8-9 EST. I'll certainly be getting it to you all ASAP.
    BruinDrystinZailaDidiCayn
    At long last, the Q&A with Tiur is done. Direct link is here.
    BruinSeurimasKatieDrystinCayn
    The return of the weekly episode is up! I will post it on the official Aetolia discord as well as soon as the administration tells me where would be best to do that! Direct link is here.
    BruinCayn
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Hello folks,

I wanted to give a quick update about this podcast.

Recently, Aeryx stepped away from Aetolia and handed me the "keys" to the podcast. Unfortunately, some previously recorded episodes or interviews were lost in the transfer of ownership. It is certainly possible to re-record things later. I have already reached out to those who were lost for re-recording, but I welcome anyone interested in doing these interviews still.

We’re still interested in doing interviews with key figures of the game (GMs, CLs, major combatants, Celani if possible, etc.) as a way to introduce their corner of the world to the new and young or entirely unknowing audience. Keeping in mind that this podcast airs on a lot of platforms and will be used to help spread the word about the game on different social media platforms when time allows! But these interviews are not the focus of the podcast, they would be like the icing on the cake but the cake is awesome!

Fezzix has kindly agreed to do episodes with me. We have Zaila as well, though she doesn't play as much as she used to and has very limited availability. We're aiming for only one episode a month as we all have very busy lives. If it happens every month and a half that will be my fault. (Life is busy lately! … what is this year!)

The structure will be somewhat different from the past, we're sorting those details out this weekend. However, we’re going to be absolutely strict with what gets aired in the final cut. Nothing negative about the game is allowed.

Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    RihrinXavinDrystinFezzix
  • @Aloli and I had a discussion today about the structure of the podcast and future episodes. We want to focus heavily on organizational lore and historical lore, how the two interconnect, and what kind of roles the players have carved into said lore.

We feel that the kind of people who play MUDs are drawn in by compelling worlds and the opportunity to write themselves into a good story backed up by game mechanics.

With that in mind, we'll be reaching out to organization and class leaders in the coming months to schedule interviews. We'll be respectful of how some players in leadership positions claim a degree of ownership and pride in their orgs, so if said leaders are unwilling to be interviewed, we'd appreciate input on who can speak in their stead.
    Aloli
  • I would love to see updates on this! I listened to the earlier episodes and it's fascinating to hear the thoughts of my fellow players who have progressed I to leadership positions or have otherwise achieved prominence within Aetolia. Please keep them coming and I can't wait for the next episode yay
    Aeryx
    I appreciate the desire to see it continue going, but I haven't played Aetolia seriously in about 6 months, unfortunately. With my time zone change after I moved across country, and just generally being tired of certain aspects of the game, I just sort of drifted away. If anyone wants to just make their own new podcast, I think that would be great. Maybe I will revive this one seriously at some point in the next 6-12 months, that's a possibility as well, who knows. Until then I will keep all the existing episodes up, and I will keep the Discord server going even though it just has me and @Zaila in it now.

There's a few reasons I lost interest in doing it, even when I was still playing, and judging by the fact that I've kept up with every single news post through the Android app, and kept up with what little messages I get, it doesn't seem like much has changed. In order to talk about things, you have to have things to talk about. So when you don't have specific subjects to cover, the alternative is just giving your opinion on things, and you know, a lot of people don't like my opinions. So, it is what it is.
  • I thought Aloli was continuing it while you take a break, is that no longer the case? Thanks for all of your hard work on the previous episodes Aeryx.

Aeryx
    I had a disagreement with how it would continue on, and said perhaps she should just rename the podcast and make it her own thing, and then I just kinda gave up as well and told her to do whatever she wants with it. It didn't end up happening, and she eventually left the Discord server. I do however think that she just maybe felt like she didn't have time to do what she wanted anyways, as anyone who knows @Aloli knows she's a pretty busy woman outside of the game, and we all know how crazy life has been this past year. I appreciate your kind comments as well, and I do hope that any sort of negative tinge I've had to my posts here just now don't dissuade you from being excited about Aetolia. I was pretty excited about it there for a long time and I'm sure I will be again some day.
    Juha
  • best wishes and success
    AeryxAloli
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited January 2021
    I didn't realize this thread was still going. I just happened to log in out of curiosity. So, I'll share some updates!

After the disagreement @Aeryx and I had about the direction of the podcast, like he said in his post, we agreed that I'll start a new one so it does not seem like I'm taking over his work. To that end, I spent a few weeks thinking on who to ask to carry on the podcast with me and I remembered @Fezzix was very pleasant to interview, even if the two of us were very tired and stumbled through that thing!

Fezzix, Zaila, and myself started a new server for the podcast and we spent a while coming up with a new name. We arrived at a very nice name!

Please look forward to The Midnight Press: An Aetolian Podcast.

The long delay was due to Fezzix and I both being extremely busy outside the game. Moving, new jobs, life, etc. However, the post Fez made earlier is still accurate.

We plan to record in the spring time. Daylight Savings gives me a lot of free time! However, if you have any requests or ideas, please send them either to myself or Fez on Discord or through the game messaging system.

I'll make a new thread for the new podcast :)

See you there.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    AeryxDrystinMoxieRhineDidiHaven