Tiur and Ankyrean Archives - Q&A

AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
edited February 2020 in OOC Chat
Alright, my idea for getting Tiur on the podcast for some time has been to do a bit of a Q&A with him. To get those ever elusive answers, we need questions. Your questions! I've had an email set up for the podcast for some time that doesn't get any use, so lets use it for this. Send us questions at ankyreanarchives@gmail.com and I'll just go down the list when we get Tiur on. Make sure you include what name you'd like me to use on air, IE, your character or your real name, etc.

Please note, I will be screening these questions to a certain degree. 'Will you give me free credits' for example is a bad question and will not be asked.

I have decided to make this an entire thread in case people would be interested in this particular episode when they maybe don't follow the normal thread/podcast any longer.

I also hope for those who do not use the forums, the Administration will consider making an in game announce post out of this so we can get more questions.

Thanks!

Edit: Alternatively, if you really don't want me having your email, you can DM the question to me on the forums here, or put it in the thread here. Thanks again.
Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Q: Werecats?????
    AloliSibatti
  • CCR or The Eagles?
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    AloliRhine
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Better question: Wereunicorns??????

Slightly less better, real question: Understanding that plans can change, as of right now are there plans for any production skillsets beyond the scope of Farming/Mining/???, or will these three come to encompass most/all commodities?

Follow up question: That pile of credits you got there in a pile like a dragon's hoard, you gonna keep them all to yourself?
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Hawa
  • above question is serious (it's important info), but also: i realize it's been a very short time since the announcement, but is there *any* sort of idea of timeframe on the first mirror classes? like, are we planning on six-ish months? a year? a decade? the announcement indicated only a couple would be done at a time, sooooo... which classes are getting mirrored first? these are the sorts of things i wonder :3

Horkval are a feature...
    Aloli
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited February 2020
    I remember rainbow unicorns were totally a thing! It was hilarious.

Aloli was on a surprise blind date back then when a unicorn @Pazradym pranced through their room. It made me laugh... so hard.

I hope they're still around for special events :)

Serious question though, I would like to ask about government and guild structures.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • Q: Wererhinos prz!? (Validan is a wereboar! We'd be like rocksteady and bebop!)

Srsly though I second hawat @Hawa said. It would be a good opportunity to at least talk about some of the ideas that the staff are brainstorming especially when it comes to the theme of the mirrors. Like, what pets will spiritfex have? Rabid squirrels? Trained fighting penguins? Honeybadgers?
    Aloli
  • Are there any storylines you've wanted to make for the playerbase that you've been cautious about actually implementing?
    Can you give an example of a time the playerbase exceeded expectation on taking up or didn't grab hold of a story arc like you thought they would?
    If you could just make a tetherless class with absolutely no need to back it up with context to lore or balance to mechanics and could just drop it down tomorrow, what skill would you make?
    Banner of the Guardians of Dendara
    Bruin and his pet squirrel, Kaly Bruin Bunny Sticker
    "Chibi Bruin" "Easter Bun Bruin"
    By: Konnorn By: Phoenecia
    Aloli
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Aloli said:

I can't read the word unicorns anymore without my brain trying to translate it into a curse word.

TeaniDrystinBruinAloliZailaKatieRhine
    Arbre said:
    I can't read the word unicorns anymore without my brain trying to translate it into a curse word.
    Now that I'm reading that again, I can't stop seeing it that way. Thank you! 

Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Bump for still looking for more questions. Only one email so far, and the contents of this thread. We'll keep the questions open for about a week before we try to plan something out with Tiur. Keep them coming, please!
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Tiur: Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, or My Chemical Romance?
    Aloli
    All the above!
    Lin
  • Lin said:

Tiur: Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, or My Chemical Romance?

no Hawthorne Heights?!?!

Horkval are a feature...
    Bumpty bumpty.
    Didi
  • Are there any unfinished story arcs that you regret not finishing and most likely won't ever finish?
    What has been your favorite, most fun or intense story event of the past?
    Why can't we play the Albedi races?
    If you could add any new race you could, not counting the Albedi races, which race would that be?
    If you had to remove a race to not be playable anymore, which would it be and why?
    AloliHawa
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Airships when?
    LinAloliMoxie
    Great questions and topics, everyone! Keep them coming.

We've compiled a long list with everyone's input here, and we hope to get through everything during the recording. This will have to be a longform podcast to accommodate.

I've added my questions to the list to, which I'll share here to reduce redundancy. I'm wondering about the future of the war system (caravans are great), holy wars and blessings, the production system and possibly tying it to the trade ministry, and finally, I put a question about city/government structures, guild/city entanglement, and I can't remember what else I wrote but I understand that some things simply can't be answered, and I'm fine with that!
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    What's the some of the most frustrating things about being the Producer/admin of Aetolia?

Do you ever regret taking up the mantle of Producer?

With the soft release date of Mining in Q1, would you be willing to verify its soft release date in Q1? If not, do you have a possible time frame of it being released?

What's your favorite genre of music? Piggyback on that, who are your top 3 favorite bands? Piggyback on that, top 3 favorite songs?

Any chance of bank interest being re-implemented since commodities and curing prices seem to be going higher and higher lately? I could make a thread making supporting arguments for this, but I'm curious on your thought process of such.

AloliAeryx
  • Bards when? I need to plan a triumphant return.
    BruinAloliAeryxArbre
    At some point tomorrow, on Tuesday, we'll be ceasing taking questions. Feel free to submit any between now and then. Keep em coming, folks! Thanks!
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    There was once a rumor that we'd all be moving to Albedos. Is this merely speculative rumor or something that has been considered/is on the table?
    AeryxSeurimasAloliLin
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    On the subject of Albedos...

It's been a long time since Albedos has been relevant, and even longer since the Dreikathi were a notable threat (almost 10 years now). Any chance those plotlines will ever be picked up again? And how long might it be before we ever see more of Albedos beyond Helba?

What event has proved to be the biggest headache to run? Which one was surprisingly easier than anticipated?

Favorite player-submitted idea that you've implemented?

What are some things from other games (not necessarily IRE games) that you'd love to put into Aetolia if you could?
    Aeryx
    Alright, I think we're good on questions. Thanks to everyone who submitted them. Appreciate it!
    Seurimas
This discussion has been closed.