Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Aishia said:

audit experience

>.< i swear i tried this, multiple times. I blame lack of sleep typos. thanks
    SeurimasArosZaila
  • edited March 2020
    Can we adjust saymotes (eg: say (thing here) text here) to detect opening and closing quotations (essentially prefacing a say with more spoken words) and place the comma inside the quotation marks?

Edit: As an example: say ("Hi") how are you? would become "Hi," Iazamat says, "How are you?"
    TekiasAxiusCaynDrystinKodaAloli
  • Make letters more usable by changing how they look after you read them:
    * Separate read and unread letters in INV.
    * Show unread letters as "(unread)" in II.
    * If possible, highlight unread in both in bright-white.

Based on some discussion in official discord!
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    AeryxDrystin
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Noticed while sitting on a couch in my shop that you cannot give things to people while you're sitting. I understand this. However, perhaps it would be a good idea to let people who are sitting on the same object as you be able to give you things, at least? I know this seems trivial, but if you're trying to stay in character, it seems silly to have to stand up to give something to someone who is sitting on the same couch.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    SeurimasZailaSkiva
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Seurimas said:

Wait! There's an official discord? Which one is it? Because I know of a few, am part of a few, but some of them have people in them that don't even play the game, and others are only a few members. :confused:

• Teani said:

Seurimas said:

Wait! There's an official discord? Which one is it? Because I know of a few, am part of a few, but some of them have people in them that don't even play the game, and others are only a few members. :confused:
    Here. https://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/3464/announce-post-3070-official-discord#latest

But I can't get the invite to work.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Martinaux said:

Teani said:

Seurimas said:

Here. https://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/3464/announce-post-3070-official-discord#latest

But I can't get the invite to work.
    Hmm! That's strange, the link should have been set to never expire. But, you should be able to join it by going to https://www.aetolia.com/ and finding the discord panel that's a little bit down the page.
  • edited March 2020
    Can we please make mounts auto-return to (city, Esterport if character doesn't have a city) stables on QQ or forced logout, similar to how minions/golems/etc. work? Bonus points if we do it without attaching it to an existing skill such as returning or creating an entirely new one.
    Didi
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I'd prefer auto-returning mounts to be a config option so that we have the choice to send them back or not.
    AxiusHawa
  • Iazamat said:

Can we please make mounts auto-return to (city, Esterport if character doesn't have a city) stables on QQ or forced logout, similar to how minions/golems/etc. work? Bonus points if we do it without attaching it to an existing skill such as returning or creating an entirely new one.

anyone who interferes with Bufo deals with ME
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
  • I know various ideas have been put forward for the annoyance of venom rags but since we need so many of these, couldn't the price of the arti rags just be lowered? This seems like the easiest solution and it wouldn't require any coding.

I only need eight vials (400cr for a full set) but I need over twenty rags (1300cr total for the venoms I keep available) so it seems disproportionate that the rags would cost the exact same price as the vials.
    SeurimasXavinIazamatRhineZailaHawaSavas
  • Honestly it's just a symptom of larger problems within the commodity system.
    Rhine
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Something similar to CHOCOLATE LIST...... PAGE LIST.

This will show what area the compendium pages you have on hand go to. Would make it easier than probing every individual one.

ZailaCaynKatieDrystinAxius
  • Can we please make it so that it's impossible to fail the vampire cure? Missing something or having it pop and disrupt the cure altogether makes it borderline unbearable, especially given the requirements. A simple "You peek into the pot before you begin boiling the ingredients and notice something is missing" would be more than enough.
    TekiasAxiusRhineCayn
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Seconding the above, since I -think- one of the items has a 15 or 30 minute respawn timer. Certainly not impossible to get done in that timeframe, but devastating if you brew and it's gone.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

AxiusIazamatRhineCayn
  • Can we get Kobold as a learnable language? It's an odd outlier right now that stands out as being an unlearnable racial language.
    ZailaTeaniArbreSavas
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I'm with @Nisavi but I also want Arqeshi learnable too. Nobody can learn Arqeshi through a tutor, only through silver tokens, I'm pretty sure.. maybe. I can't even be certain on that at this point to be 100% honest.
    Teani
  • Speaking of, did we ever get a tutor for ogre that isn't locked away in Enorian? Or maybe it was orc.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    Hawa
  • edited April 2020
    Could there be (or is there?) a way to convert all platinum keystones to credits with one command rather than spamming the buy line a bunch?
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited April 2020
    If you use mudlet, just use the trigger line/code below. It'll spam it for you until you have no platinums left and it won't even spam out your window. Make sure you set the line to exact match

You have exchanged 1 platinum keystone for 1 bound credit.

send("milestone buy credits", false)
    deleteFull()

Drystin
  • I think the point was to not spam the game.

Claiming the milestone should just automatically claim them as bound credits instead of plats, imo. Unless they plan on releasing something else you can buy with plats.

Or just make something like MILESTONE CONVERT TO CREDITS.
  • oh, yeah, triggers and stuff for it are easy as is bashing enter until the buy command fails.

Mostly just a convenience suggestion.
  • New Artifact: Venantium Milestone Marker
    Description: Increases the maximum number of platinum keystones obtainable and credit milestones completable per day.

This could also be tiered with L1/L2/L3 versions of it.
  • Drystin said:

New Artifact: Venantium Milestone Marker
    Description: Increases the maximum number of platinum keystones obtainable and credit milestones completable per day.

I think this would be good only if there was still a hard cap on how many platinum keystones you can trade for credits in a day.

• TiurTiur Producer
    Drystin said:

Even with milestones there is an IRE moratorium on things that make credits.
  • Tiur said:

Drystin said:

Even with milestones there is an IRE moratorium on things that make credits.
    Are you open to folks coming up with new messages for technique scrolls since Staffcast no longer applies to Scio? I've got a ton of these that I'd love to use for Gloom and/or Fever, but can't. :(
    Escelika
  • KarhastKarhast Enorian
    We can BUY REFILL OF HEALTH FOR EMPTYVIAL, could we get for EMPTYBANDAGE to be possible as well?
  • I think CLEANRAG is for venom rags. Try CLEANBANDAGE?
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    SavasRhine
  • edited May 2020
    Could we get some kind of defense or notification with the elemental crystal shroud artifacts that our elemental shroud is active? Checking ELEMENT doesn't seem to tell me if it's up and there's no defense for it. Just want to be able to tell when it's up and active. Thanks.
  • Can we remove the AUCTION REVOKE command, or at least limit it (e.g. must be done within first 24 hours)? It just feels really lame to put a bid on an item that has been sitting there for as much as 30 real life days just to have the seller revoke it at the last minute because the bid wasn't as much as they hoped. There is already a minimum bid system in place so I don't get why they get the extra benefit of being able to revoke it entirely if bids are less than what they wanted. They should set a higher minimum bid or make a buyout-only auction. Potential buyers actually have their credits withheld by the system the moment they bid so it feels like a double whammy when it is revoked rather than simply being outbid.
    BorminchiaLinStineEscelikaKarhastGavramelCayn